-Arc 07-

Elixir

-Arc 07-

Why is that girl with Dongwoo oppa?

She is not even that pretty...

I heard she is the daughter of one of the Royal Families that went into hiding when the war started. I thought the eldest daughter would be different and not cling to one of the Infinite boys.

That is because she cannot do anything for herself. That is why she is clinging to Dongwoo.

And she is supposed to help save us, how useless.

Seomin could hear people whispering about her behind her back.  She could sense that they did not like her, but she did not understand what they meant about being a savor.  Seomin looked at Dongwoo who had a huge grin on his face.  Maybe I should have just explored the school on my own. Seomin bit her lip.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Dongwoo said as he stopped walking and looked at Seomin. He was worried about her.  She seemed to be in deep thought, and he had a feeling that he knew the reason why.  He knew girls could be cruel, but not this cruel. "You seem troubled."

"It's nothing, Dongwoo sii." Seomin sighed and removed her arm from his.  "I'm just..." She looked at the girls again and then at Dongwoo. Their words kept repeating in her mind.  They were something that she could not forget.  Seomin did feel useless. She was not able to stop her parents from dying.  She was not a good big sister.  Seomin felt like she abandoned her little sister, Eunmi when she told her to run.

"Don't let them bother you Seomin." Dongwoo smiled weakly and placed a hand on her shoulder.  He did not want her to feel bad and hopped that he was going to be able to comfort her.. "They are just..."

"They don't want me to be around you." Seomin looked at Dongwoo, "You seem to be popular with the ladies.  I should keep my distance. I do not want people to get the wrong idea." Seomin tried to walk away, but Dongwoo stopped her. 

"Seomin...don't let jealous girls bother you.  You can hang around whomever you like and so can I and I choose to hang around you.

"A lot actually. You will learn soon enough about them. They are connect with the year you were born and the month, but um...I am not sure if I should tell this."

 "Tell me what?" Seomin asked Dongwoo with her arms crossed. "Never mind." Seomin said as she started to walk away.

"Wait..." Dongwoo caught her arm and stared at her for a bit.  "Seomin, there are things that you don't understand yet.  Things that you need to figure out on your own.  If we tell you everything it will mess with not only your destiny, but Eunnies." Dongwoo wish that he could tell her everything, but they were told specifically to let the girls discover their abilities.

"Can you at least tell me who my family was. PLEASE!" Seomin looked at Dongwoo with pleading eyes. 

"Not here..." Dongwoo said as he grabbed onto Seomin's hand and started to drag her along. Dongwoo had a feeling that the enemy has placed spies here to keep an eye on the girls and listen to their conversations.  As second oldest, Dongwoo knew he was just as responsible as Sunggyu for the girls.

 ---

 Sunggyu leaned against the wall and sighed. He closed his eyes for a moment to gather his thoughts. Sunggyu has never dealt with someone so stubborn in his life. He did not want to be mean to Seomin, but he could not help it sometimes.  There was something about her that was special.  There was something special about both sisters that has yet to be discovered.

 "Oppa your back." A girl said cheerfully as she hurried over to Sunggyu. She was so happy that he was back.  It was so lonely without him here.  She did not have anything to admire over the weekend.

Sunggyu opened his eyes and looked at the owner of that annoying voice. It was Serri. The girl who really liked him, but Sunggyu had no feelings what-so-ever for the girl.  Sunggyu took a deep breath and put on a fake smile. He did not want his actions to reflect poorly on his adoptive father. Sunggyu needed to be a perfect gentleman. "What can I do for you, Serri?"

"Oppa..." Serri grabbed onto his arm. "Why were you gone for so long? I did not see you all weekend. I thought you were going to help me study?"She pouted and looked at the man she was obsessed with.

"Sangjangnim gave my brothers and I a mission. It is classified and I cannot tell you about it.  I also never agreed to help you study.  You just find me in the library and ask me a million questions."

"That is why we should have study dates.  Did your mission have to do with the two new girls that are hanging around Dongwoo and Sungjong?" Serri asked.

"The mission is classified. I cannot tell you anything about it." Sunggyu said as he placed a hand on Serri's wrist and tried to get her off of him.  He did not want to be rude, but he had other and better things to do.

"It does have to do with those two girls?" Serri asked. "Who are they anyway? If they are your mission they must be someone important."

"They are Song Seomin and Song Eunmi. If you don't mind Serri. I have to help Jongwan hyung with some research he is doing." Sunggyu said in a calm voice.

"Oppa, wait!" Serri caught his arm, "Are you telling me those new girls are from that family."

"If I tell you they are will you let me go on with my business?" Sunggyu asked Serri as politely as he could.

"Yes!" Serri said cheerfully.

"They are..." Sunggyu removed her hand from his arm, and walked away. Sunggyu wondered what his brothers were up to.  

---

"Myunggie we should have offered to show Eunmi around." Sungyeol pouted.  "That kid is smart and fast."

"Sungjong is the most normal out of all of us.  She probable feels comfortable around Sungjong. Stop asking me stupid questions. We have to head to class." Myungsoo crossed his arms and started to walk away from Sungyeol.

"There is no such thing as a stupid question Myungsoo." Sungyeol said with a gummy smile. He jumped when Myungsoo glared at him.  Sungyeol knew that Myungsoo hated being called by his real name. No one really knew the reason why.

"Sungjong is just easier to talk to then you are. Can you just drop it. Why does it matter to you that Sungjong is hanging around Eunmi.  It is a good thing that he is.  I have a feeling that the girls are still in danger."  

"How are they still in danger we already rescued them." Sungyeol said.

"Sunggyu hyung, Dongwoo hyung, and Hoya hyung were the ones who rescued them.  Were you even paying attention when father told us to keep an eye on them.  He still thinks that they are in danger and I think he is right.  Beast would not give up that easily. They may have spies here, and we need to keep our eyes open for them. I thought you were smart!"

"I am smart." Sungyeol said. "I just was not really paying attention to father this morning when he explained why we needed to protect the girls."

"You never pay attention." Myungsoo rolled his eyes, "We should head to class Sungyeol. We do not want to be late."

"Even if we are late, the professor will not care." Sungyeol smirked.

"I care."

---

"Any other questions?" Sungjong asked with a sweet smile on his face. His arm was linked with Eunmi.

"I think you covered everything, Sungjong ah.  It is just going to take time getting used to.  I still cannot believe they are gone.  I knew something bad was going to happen to them that day when my mom told unnie to take me and run." Eunmi looked down at the ground. "Unnie has been acting different since that day and I am worried."

"I know it is going to take a while for you to get over the loss of your parents." Sungjong said as he placed a hand on Eunmi's shoulder and  rubbed  it. "Everything will be alright in time. If you ever need a shoulder to cry on I am here for you Eunmi" Sungjong smiled.

"You are so kind.  I did not really get to know anyone else but Hoya sii, Dongwoo sii, and Sunggyu sii. Sunggyu sii is a bit mean."

"Hyung is always grumpy. You will get used to it in time, but the truth is that he was not always like that.  Hyung got into an accident when he was a teenager and it changed him. I miss how my hyung used to be, but I know it may take awhile for the person that he used to be to come back...well if he ever comes back."

"I see...um...Sungjong." Eunmi bit her lip.

"What is it Eunmi?" Sungjong asked with a sweet smile.

"Should we head to class? Doesn't it start soon or something." Eunmi asked.  She did not know how Alchemy School worked. Was it like Hogwarts in Harry Potter?

"I can take you to our first lesson.  You are going to be in the same class as Myungsoo hyung and I.  Woohyun hyung, Hoya hyung, and Sungyeol are in another class because they are a year ahead of us and Sunggyu hyung, Dongwoo hyung, and Seomin noona will be in another class." Sungjong tapped his chin. "I hope that helps a bit."

"It does, thank you Sungjong." Eunmi smiled as they started to walk down the hallway again.  She did not even feel like she was in school. This place was so open and warm. It seemed more like someone's home then a school.

"Can I ask you something Eunmi?" Sungjong asked as he looked at the girl who was the same age as him.

"Anything Sungjong." Eunmi smiled.

"What were you studying in the real world?" Sungjong asked. "I am just curious. You do not have to answer if you do not want to."

"I was studying Mythology even though my parents were against it.  I just could not stay away from it, like how my older sister cannot stay away from chemistry.  She is a genius at it." Eunmi bit her lip. "Isn't there similarities between Chemistry and Alchemy?"

"There are similarities, but there are also similarities between Alchemy and Mythology." Sungjong smiled. He found it interesting that even though the two sisters had no exposure to the world of Alchemy. They still fell into a similar field.  Sungjong knew that he had to tell Sunggyu hyung about this later.   

---

Hoya rolled his eyes as Woohyun chatted up some girl. He was always flirting.  Hoya hated it. There were much more important things than girls.

"Hoya..."

Hoya did not realize that someone called his name until the person waved his hand in front of his face.  Hoya looked over at the person and noticed that Sungyeol arrived, but Myungsoo was not with him because Myungsoo was in another class with Sungjong.  "Sungyeol...is it that time already?"

"Not yet, Myungsoo just wanted to head to class early.  I did not know that kid was like that." Sungyeol sat down on top of the desk. "Is he at it again."

"What do you think." Hoya said in a cold voice. "I wish class would start already so I do not need to hear his cheesy pick up lines."

"My pick up lines aren't cheesy, Howon." Woohyun smirked as he sat down next to Hoya, "Why does it matter to you if I flirt with a girl or not.  We are allowed to have lives."

"We are, but what Myungsoo said worries me."  Sungyeol looked at Hoya and then Woohyun. They probably already knew what he was going to say. Well Hoya probably does, Sungyeol could not say the same thing for Woohyun hyung because he was not at the meeting this morning. Sungyeol is still trying to figure out why he was missing this morning.

"What did Myungsoo say?" Woohyun asked.

"It is not what Myungsoo said." Hoya said. "It is what our father said to us this morning. Our mission is not over yet."

"What do you mean it is not over?' Woohyun asked..

"The girls are still in danger.  We need to keep an eye on them when they are attending school here and such." Hoya explained. "I know that his is not over.  They are after something else. Not just the book."

---

"Dongwoo where do you think you are taking Miss. Seomin?" Sunggyu asked as he walked towards the two. He looked towards their hands and snorted. Their hands were intertwined and Sunggyu did not understand why he did not like it?

"I was just..." Dongwoo said in a small voice. Like the rest of his brothers; he was scared of Sunggyu losing his temper. Dongwoo was the closest to Sunggyu, but the older man still gets angry with Dongwoo sometimes.

"I asked him to tell me about my parents and who they really were." Seomin said as she glared at Sunggyu.

"That can wait for another time. We need to head to class and you need to learn how to be an Alchemist if you are going to take your parents place as head of your family."

"Head of my family? Why is it important?" Seomin asked.

"You're family is a part of four Royal families that helped create the philosophers' stone and that book that you had on you when you lost control of your abilities." Sunggyu said harshly.  Sunggyu tired really hard to be nice, but he was having difficulties again.

"But..."

"But nothing. You need to take responsibility and your family needs to continue where they left off."

"But I do not know where they left off." Seomin said as she looked at Sunggyu. She could not understand why he was being like this to her.

"You have to figure that out on your own." Sunggyu said.

Seomin unlaced her hand from Dongwoo and took a step towards Sunggyu, "I do not know anything about who my family truly is. How do you expect me to continue where they left off. How am I supposed to know what to do."

Sunggyu took a step closer to Seomin. "It is somewhere in here." Sunggyu pointed towards his heart. "You just need to search for it in your soul and you will know what to do." Sunggyu took a deep breath before turning to walk away, "DONGWOO...."

"Coming hyung..." Dongwoo said as he followed the older man.

Seomin just stood there for a moment, thinking about what Sunggyu just said to her. You just need to search for it in your soul and you will know what to do. "How am I supposed to do that?"

Just believe!

an - hey everyone I know it has been a long time since I updaetd and I'm sorry. I am trying to finish some fics to get my load down and I have been busy. For now this may only be updated once every  two weeks ENJOY