-Arc 12-

Elixir

-Arc 12- 

Seomin placed her book in her bed and slowly looked around the corner of the bookshelf to a strange creature. It was something that she has never seen before.  Everything in this world was different. Seomin was unsure if this creature was good or evil.  Her studies were not where they should be. If she was brought up in this world she would know what this creature was.  Seomin sighed as she leaned against the bookshelf.

Seomin knew that she should not stay around much longer.  She did not know what the creature could do to her.  Seomin was about to leave when a blast came in her direction. Seomin dodged her attackers attack in time, but she was unsure if she was going to be able to do that again. She had no clue who she was dealing with, but she was not going to stick around to find out. They were extremely strong, whoever they were.  Seomin looked around and saw that there were books flying everywhere.

"Come out come out where ever you our princess." A dark voice spoke. "Don't worry I don't bite. Well, I don't bite a pretty thing when I first meet them, but…" The creature his lips, "Later on I might be tempted to taste your life energy."

Seomin was not going to trust this voice.  She knew not to trust voices.  Seomin trusted no one. All she knew is that she needed to get out of here as soon as possible. Seomin hid behind another shelf and sighed deeply, hoping her little sister is alright. She knew that they were both being targeted for some reason.  Seomin remember what Jihoon said.  They were royalty in the alchemy world.

"Come out princess or I will only kill you slower.  I want to hear your screams.  Your suffering will only make us stronger."  The man said in a dark voice. 

Seomin could hear footsteps coming closer and closer to where she was hiding.  She needed to keep moving.  Seomin took a step in the direction towards the door of the library, but a vine wrapped around her ankle, tripping Seomin. The book that she placed in her back before flew in front of her.

Seomin looked up and noticed that a demonic looking man standing in front of her.  She watched as more vines wrapped around her. 

"Gotcha..." The man smirked as he kneeled down and placed a hand on Seomin's chin and looked into her eyes.  "Your life energy is extremely strong, but you do not know how to control this power you have." He leaned closer to Seomin's face.  "I cannot believe I am this close to you, princess."

Seomin glared at the man, "What are you?"

"I guess he was right, you really are clueless about our world." The creature smirked. "I guess I have the time to tell you what I am. Seomin, I am a Homunculus.  I am not human, but I look like one.  I feed on their life energy to stay alive and I also gather life energy to create new Homunculus."

"Then I will stop you!"

"You do not have the power to stop me yet, princess. You have yet to discover your power." The Homunculus smirked as he leaned closer to Seomin's lips. "My boss is finally going to get what he wants.  He has been trying for years, but you disappeared.  Now that you are back we can finish what we started."

The Homunculus leaned closer to Seomin and held up his hand with the pentacle symbol on his palm.  Seomin knew what was coming. He was going to try and take her energy away.  She needed to stop him before it was too late.

Sungyeol arrived at the library.  That was where he was feeling a dark energy come from.  Sungyeol also knew that she was in there.  His fist clenched and did not understand how they were able to penetrate the school's walls.  There were so many barriers to get past in-order to get into the school. If you were not blessed or had a pure heart, entry to the academy grounds would not be allowed.

Sungyeol quickly entered the library. His eyes widened when he saw the Homunculus and Seomin trapped by it.  Sungyeol held up his hand and a ball of flame at the vines that were holding Seomin.

The vines that were wrapped about Seomin's ankle suddenly broke free.  Seomin looked around and noticed that Sungyeol appeared.  

"You dare show your face here Homunculus." Sungyeol said as he walked forwards.  A flame appeared in his hand as he looked at the creature.  "How dare you touch Miss. Seomin! Who sent you?"

"You should already know who sent me Lee Sungyeol..." The Homunculus said as vines started to wrap around Seomin again.  He pulled Seomin towards him and pulled out a knife, placing the blade against Seomin's neck.

"Her life energy is needed. We need her sisters life energy too.  We need to feed the great beast..." Sungyeol was blasted back.

"Leave him alone." Seomin screamed out.  A symbol of sun ☼ appeared on Seomin's wrist.  A golden light appeared around Seomin and shot back everything, nearly destroying the library.

"..." Sungyeol said as he rose to his feet, even though Seomin's power was trying to knock him down.  He needed to suppress this power before it was too late.  Sungyeol hurried over to Seomin and pulled her into a hug. "Stop, your safe now."

The golden light started to disappear.  Sungyeol could see the look of fear in Seomin's eyes.  He placed a hand behind her head and her hair.

"What did I do?"

---

Eunmi dodged the attack that came towards her, but missed the second attack.  Her white uniform jacket had burn marks. She looked at her attacker.  Eunmi knew that the people she met a few days ago were behind this. "What do you want?"

"You're life energy." The Homunculus said with a smirk on his lips.

"That is not the correct answer." Eunmi said as she glared at the creature.  "If you wanted my life energy then you would have taken it already. You are not that smart are you. What are you anyways?"

"Interesting..." The Homunculus said as he took a step towards Eunmi and she took a step back.  Eunmi knew that she could not let this take advantage of her.  "I never met a girl like you before, but from what I am told you are special. I am so sad that you do not know about my kind, princess.  I understand why you don't because you did not grow up in this world."

"What do you mean that I am special?"  Eunmi asked as she kept her defenses up.

"Ahhh, the little princes does not know her true potential yet." The Homunculus said as he took a step closer to Eunmi.

"Stay back..." Eunmi said.

"I cannot stay back." The man pushed his bangs out of his eyes, "I need to deliver your life energy to the great beast.  Your parents were already given to the creature, but it was completely useless. Their powers are not what they used to be."

Why did he bring up umma and appa?

Umma...

Appa...

A silver light appeared around Eunmi and it pushed the Homunculus back. 

"So this is your true power." The Homunculus said as he pushed past Eunmi's power.  "To bad it is not trained or you would be able to kill me." The Homunculus grabbed Eunmi by the neck and pushed her against the wall.  He grabbed her wrist and lifted to look at the crescent moon symbol  ☽that appeared on her wrist.  "This power of yours will soon be mine, princess."

The Homunculus held up his hand that had a pentacle symbol on his palm.  He placed his hand on her forehead and started to absorb the silver energy that was coming out of Eunmi.

Eunmi screamed.  The pain was becoming too much for her to handle.

A ball of flame hit the Homunculus's wrist and he released Eumin.  He looked towards the door to only see another flame come towards him, knocking him into the wall, away from Eunmi.

"You dare show your face on secret grounds." Hoya said with anger in his voice.  Flames appeared around him, burning the sleeves of his shirt away.  Hoya needed to remind his father to make the uniforms flame resistant.  This was the ninth uniform top that he has been through this month.

"I was let in Howon. Did you not know that I was given an invitation?" The Homunculus laughed.

"Don't give me your bull ." Hoya yelled as he shot more flames at the man.  His anger was taken over.  He normally does not act on emotions. That was Dongwoo hyungs thing, to act on emotions.

"It is true. One of your fellow students let my brother and I in.  He is dealing with the sun and I was left with the moon." He laughed, "I was almost done with getting the life energy that I needed, but you had to rudely interrupt my fun."

"It is my job." Hoya growled.

"It is your job to be a puppet by that man that you call father.  You have not seen the light yet. Beast knows that there is great evil in the alchemy council." The Homunculus smirked as he looked at Hoya.  He was going to take his leave soon, but he wanted to mess with Howon's head a bit more. 

"The only evil that was in the council was Beast." Hoya barked.

"And there are people still loyal to my masters in the council and in this school.  You will never be able to find them." The Homunculus said before disappearing.

"Bastard!" Hoya yelled before making his way over to Eunmi.  "Eunnie..." He said as he placed a hand on her forehead. She was burning up.  He needed to get her to the infirmary. Hoya lifted her off the ground. "Hang in there."

---

Woohyun hurried back to their dorm. He needed to inform the others what was going on. Hoya and Sungyeol went to check on the sisters. He knew the girls were going to be in good hands, but someone needed to tell the others what was going on.  Woohyun did not understand how this creature was able to get into the academy. The academy was supposed to be protected by for

Woohyun opened the door, "Hyungs!"

"What is it Woohyun?" Sunggyu asked in an annoyed voice. He did not want to deal with any trouble he caused with other student. Sunggyu always had to fix everything. He always had to be responsible.  Sunggyu was unable to show his true self because it would affect the people around him that he cared deeply about.

"I did not cause trouble. I cannot believe you are not sensing it. I thought you would have been one of the first to sense what was going on." Woohyun asked with his arms crossed.  Woohyun found it stand that Sunggyu and Dongwoo hyung did not know what was going on.  Was something blocking them?

"Speak…" Sunggyu said as he glared at Woohyun.  He did not have time for Woohyun's games.  If this was really important the younger man

"You really don't sense it do you?" Woohyun asked in an annoyed voice.

"Sense what? Woohyun is something is wrong this is not the time to mess around." Sunggyu said in a serious tone as he

"Hoya and Sungyeol sense it too.  A homunculus has infiltrated the school hyung.  I think that creature was sent her to…" Woohyun was not able to finish his sentence, Sunggyu and Dongwoo have already hurried out of the room.  He sighed deeply, "I know you are listening Jonggie."

Sungjong came out of the room he shared with Myungsoo with his arms crossed.  "We should go too."

"What about Myungsoo?" Woohyun asked as he looked at their maknae. "Don't tell me he is unwell again for lying."

"How am I supposed to know hyung?" Sungjong crossed his arms. "What of important is saving the Song sisters. We need to protect them. Jungyeop appa has given us a job, and we need to fulfill it."

"Let's…" Sunggyu started when he heard a scream. "We need to go find them now." Sunggyu ordered. "Woohyun go with Sungjong. Dongwoo, you are with me."

The four boys ran off in opposite directions.

Woohyun and Sungjong arrived where Hoya and Eunmi.  They watched Hoya lift Eunmi up into his arms.  His clothing was ripped. 

"Hoya Hyung..." Sungjong hurried over to the older man. "What happened?"

"She unlocked her powers Sungjong." Hoya said as he looked at the younger make.  "This is more complicated than I originally thought.  I do not think father told us everything about these sisters."

"What do you mean?" Woohyun asked.

"Eunmi has lunar abilities.  A crescent moon appeared on her wrist before.  I think these two sisters have the spirits of the moon and sun goddesses."  Hoya explained as he looked at the two with a worried expression on his face. "No wonder they are being targeted."

"Didn't you know the Song Family are decadence of the sun and moon?" Sungjong said as he looked at his two hyungs. "The royal families are connected to the seven metals. The seven metals are associated with the seven classical planets: Sol, Luna, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Mercury, and Saturn.  These seven deities, all figuring heavily in alchemical symbolism.  The royal families in our world control one of these seven metals. The Song family controls two out of the seven because two of the royal families merged together through marriage."

"Nerd." Woohyun said as he looked at Sungjong.

"Well if you paid attention hyung, you would know that the seven planets are associated with a metal."  Sungjong puffed out his cheeks.

"And I am sure you are going to tell me what those metals are." Woohyun asked.

"It is not worth me telling you because you are obviously picking on me for knowing the material we are supposed to know in order to graduate." Sungjong sighed. "I guess you are not going to graduate."

"I am getting by so stop worrying." Woohyun pushed his hair out of his face.  "Hoya, where are you going?"

"I am taking Miss. Eunmi to the infirmary."

"Let me take her there." Woohyun said as he took a step forward.

"Fine..." Hoya put Eunmi into Woohyun's arms. "I need to talk to Sunggyu hyung anyway."  Hoya sighed and disappeared moments later.

---

Sungyeol sighed and lifted Seomin into his arms.  The girl finally calmed down. He looked at her sleeping face and was about to leave the library when Sunggyu and Dongwoo arrived. "Sungyeollie." Dongwoo called his name.

"Hyung." Sungyeol said as he looked at the two older men.

"What happened?"  Sunggyu asked in an intimidating voice.

"The Homunculus appeared. I do not know how they go in, but..."

"Explain to me later. I need to talk to father." Sunggyu said with her arms crossed. "Take Miss. Seomin to the infirmary.  She needs rest after what she has been through."  Sunggyu started to walk away, but froze for a moment when his head started to hurt.  He grabbed it and started to shake.  "Not now..."