-Arc 04-

Elixir

-Arc 04-

Jungyeop sighed as he looked at Sunggyu.  He hated that the younger man's eyes looked dead.  He hated that Sunggyu's happiness had completely disappeared.  Jungyeop looked towards his six other sons.  "Dongwoo...Woohyun... Howon... Sungyeol...Myungsoo...Sungjong, can you please let me talk to Sunggyu in private."

"Why can't we hear what you are going to tell him? We are a team." Woohyun asked with his arms crossed. He did not understand fully why they were treated this way.  What was so special about Sunggyu.  Why was Sunggyu the only person that Jungyeop seemed to care the most about.  Sunggyu was special, being able to use all five elements of the Wu Xing, but they all had feelings.

Sunggyu looked over at Woohyun and glared at him.  He understood where Woohyun was coming from, but not was not the time for that.  He hated when Woohyun looked at him with those sad eyes of his.  It broke his heart.

"Ok ok we will leave. I know that we are not welcome here." Woohyun said in a cold voice as he walked out of the room with everyone else.   

Sunggyu looked towards Jungyeop, "What is it that you want to talk to me about in private?"  Sunggyu was curious. He knew it had to do something with the girls, but he was unsure.  He could normally read what hyung was thinking, but this time he could not.

"Sit..." Jungyeop pointed to the couch.  He knew that Sunggyu was just acting strong right know when he was really not. He knew that Sunggyu did not do what he was supposed to do.  Jungyeop knew Sunggyu was stubborn, but he did not know that he was this stubborn.  He took Sunggyu in when he was five years old.  Jungyeop never forgot that day. 

"I rather stand hyung." Sunggyu said, but he suddenly felt a dizzy sensation come over his body. Sunggyu hated this feeling.  He was losing control of his body. Sunggyu placed a hand to his head. "I think your right. I need to sit down."

Jungyeop walked over to Sunggyu and put an arm around his shoulder.  Jungyeol brought Sunggyu over to the couch. He sat him down, and looked at him with a worried expression on his face. "Did you take it today?"

Sunggyu shook his head.  He did not take that horrible tasting liquid today.  Sunggyu tried to avoid taking it at all cost.  Sunggyu knew he had to take it, but there were days he did not want to.  Today was one of those days. 

Jungyeop sighed and pulled out a vile out of his pocket. He handed the vile to Sunggyu.  "We talked about this Sunggyu.  You need to take this until we figure out what to do, and I think the key to figuring that out is in that book." Jungyeop watched as Sunggyu drank the golden colored liquid.

Sunggyu coughed, and looked up at the older man. "I'm sorry I caused trouble, hyung."

"We will figure this out Sunggyu, but for now you need to take care of your health and drink this elixir every day.  You are really irritable when you don't take it. It is appa remember." Jungyeop smiled. 

"So that is how you know something was up." Sunggyu said as he looked into Jungyeop's eyes.  "I will work harder appa. I should not have snapped at you before, even the boys.  They probably hate me because I am so mean to them.  I cannot help it. "

Jungyeop reached over and ruffled Sunggyu's hair, "You are doing fine, Sunggyu. I just need you to take that elixir every day, till we find a cure."

"If there even is a cure hyung." Sunggyu said as he leaned back on the couch. "I should have died that day..." Memories of that day nine years ago still haunted Sunggyu.  Every image was as vivid as it was that day. 

"Sunggyu, do no talk like that." Jungyeop said in a worried tone. "You survive and that is all that matters."  Jungyeop hated seeing Sunggyu like this.  He know that drinking this liquid reminded him of that day when he was sixteen.

"I should go to sleep." Sunggyu said as he stood up.  He did not want to have this discussion anymore.  He hated that day.

"Sunggyu, one more thing." Jungyeop said.  He watched Sunggyu sit back down. "I am going to enroll Seomin and Eunmi into Seoul's Alchemy Academy.  I want you and the boys to keep an eye on them while they are training. Be their mentors."

"You do not need to even asked.  We would have done it anyway hyung..um I mean appa.  I know they need the training.  Seomin almost lost control.  I have never seen power like that before." Sunggyu bit his lip.

"I know, but I fear that someone is going to try and hurt them when they are at the Academy.  They are not going to stop until they get what they want." Jungyeop said.

"Won't the book remain here?" Sunggyu asked. "This is what they want, right hyung?" Sunggyu could tell that Jungyeop was being vague with him.  He wanted the truth.

"They are not just after the book Sunggyu. Like I said before. Keep a close eye on them at school." Jungyeop stood up, "Get some rest. You must be exhausted from today."

Sunggyu nodded and headed out of the room after Jungyeop. He was thinking about Jungyeop's words.  Keep an eye on the girls. He was starting to believe that it was not just the book they were after.  They were after the sisters. Sunggyu paused for a moment and sighed, "You can come out Myungsoo. I know that you are there."

Myungsoo came out of the shadows and looked at the older man. "Is everything alright hyung? I could not help, but..."

"We are going to be protecting the two sisters when we go back to the Academy." Sunggyu said with his arms crossed.

"That is not what I was going to ask you about." Myungsoo said as he looked at his hyung.  He was happy to see the color start to return to Sunggyu's face, but he did not like the lies.  He knew something was wrong with Sunggyu.

"Then what were you going to asked?" Sunggyu asked in a cold voice.

"Is your health alright?" Myungsoo asked.

"My health is fine." Sunggyu sighed, "Where is everyone?"

---

Sungjong sat down on his bed and pulled out one of his textbooks.  He was curious about something, and wanted to figure it out. Sungjong did not like sleeping on things he was curious about.  He would not be able to sleep if he did not ease his mind and look it up.

"Curious about something Jonggie?" Hoya asked as he sat down next to the younger man.  He looked over Sungjong's shoulder wondering what interested their makane this time.

"Just want to do some studying." Sungjong smiled.

"Why do I think that is a complete lie?" Sungyeol asked as he laid down on the floor.  He was so tired he could fall asleep right now, but he wanted to know what Sungjong was up to.  "We all know that you want to know something?"

"I know that we have learned about the Song Family in school, but I cannot remember what makes them so important." Sungjong sighed. "It is not in here." Sungjong pouted and tossed the book on the floor, nearly hitting Sungyeol.

"Hey, watched where you throw things." Sungyeol said as he sat up.  "I wonder if Sunggyu hyung knows why the Song Family is so important. If you really want to know you should ask Gyu hyung."

"Not if Sungjong wants to die." Hoya sighed.

"Were you just making stuff up when you told Woohyun hyung asked about the Song Family?" Sungjong looked towards Sungyeol. "Do you know why they are important?"

"Yes,  I do, but that information comes at a price." Sungyeol grinned.

"Don't be an , Sungyeol." Hoya said harshly.

---

"Why is it always about Sunggyu!" Woohyun said as he entered the room he shared with Hoya with Dongwoo  He was ready to punch a wall.  He did not mean to be jealous, but it was always about Sunggyu. The older man was always being praised like he was some sort of God.

"Calm down..." Dongwoo said as he sat down on Woohyun's bed.  "Sunggyu hyung is the leader and probably had to tell sangjangnim about what happened today.  What worries me is that he looked a little on the pale side."

"He is always pale." Woohyun said in a bratty tone. "If I did not know he was a Alchemist. I would have thought he was a vampire."

"Woohyun, you don't understand." Dongwoo said.

"What don't I understand." Woohyun said harshly. 


an - Hi everyone I hope you like this chapter. Something is wrong with Gyu, but I will not reveal what that is yet.  I am saving that for later. Does Myungsoo know what is Wrong? What about Dongwoo? I hope you like this chapter.  Why do you think the Song Family is so important? I hope you enjoy and there is more to come. ENJOY!