-Arc 14-

Elixir

-Arc 14-

"Sunggyu..."

 Sunggyu looked at Seomin and sighed, "Get some rest..." He watched as she sat up and Sunggyu sighed again. This girl was so stubborn. Why would she be moving around this much after she was attacked by the Homunculus. "Stop moving around! You are only going to make things worse for yourself."

 Seomin looked at Sunggyu with tired eyes, "I feel fine and stop having that guilty look in your eyes.  This was something that could not be prevented." Seomin said in an emotionless tone.

 Sunggyu growled and glared at Seomin, "Don't tell me this is something that could not be prevented.  We were assigned to protect you and your sister, Seomin.  Both you and Eunmi are important people in the alchemy world.  I..." Sunggyu took a deep breath as he placed a hand on Seomin's wrist and removed her hand from his wrist.   "I should not be explaining myself to you. Please go back to sleep."  

"Don't tell me what to do. I can be awake if I want to." Seomin raised her voice.

 "You were attacked and used to much of your untrained ability.  If you want to be able to function tomorrow, you need to sleep, and I will make you if you don't get rest." Sunggyu yelled back, causing Sungjong to wake up.

 "I should say the same thing to you, small eyes." Seomin smirked, "You look like you haven't slept in years."

 "SMALL EYES..." Sunggyu had enough.  He grabbed Seomin by her blouse and pulled her close. Sunggyu was letting his anger take control of him again.  He did not want to hurt Seomin, but he could not find himself to stop. 

 "Hyung...stop..." Sungjong said in a panicked voice.  He grabbed onto Sunggyu's wrist and pulled him away from Seomin.  He did not know what was wrong with the older man, but he knew it was something.  Sungjong knew Seomin crossed the line about calling his hyungs eyes small, but he could not let Sunggyu harm Seomin.  He dragged his annoying hyung out of the infirmary and into the hallway, glaring at him.

 "Lee Sungjong what are you doing?"

 "Stopping you from doing something you would regret later." Sungjong sighed deeply. "Hyung, I know noona insulted you and your special eyes, but you cannot force her to sleep if she does not want to. That is her choice and she will learn from it." Sungjong sighed deeply. "I know you feel bothered by not being able to protect them, but things like this happen, and they are going to continue to happen if we don't do something about it.  I have an idea, but I am not sure if appa is going to approve of it. I already know that the girls at this school will not."

 "What do you have in mind?" Sunggyu asked.

 "I think it would be wise for the sisters to stay in the same dorm as us.  We just need to adjust our rooming situations.  If we do this we will be around the girls 24-7, except when they have to use the bathroom.  We cannot go in there with them." Sungjong sighed.

 "That is not a bad idea Sungjong." Sunggyu took a deep breath.  "I am going to talk to hyung. You should go back in there and keep an eye on them.  Please make sure Seomin gets some sleep.  She is a stubborn one."

Sungjong was shocked.  Sunggyu has been complementing him and listening to him lately.   He rarely did that and it made Sungjong fell uncomfortable.  Sungjong watched as the older man turned away from him and started to walk away. "Hyung..."

"Just make sure she rest." Sunggyu said before disappearing in a blink of an eye.

---

"You failed?" Doojoon said as he looked at the two Homunculus that attacked Seomin and Eunmi. 

 "Not exactly..." The Homunculus who attacked Eunmi said with a smirk on his lips.  "I was able to gather enough of Eunmi's energy to feed the great beast.  She also revealed some of her abilities, although it is untrained, we know what sister is the moon and what sister is the sun."

 "We need all their energy to feed the great beast.  We also need to find out who are a part of the other royal families." Doojoon said with his arms crossed.  "I do not know how we are going to figure that one out.  It was so hard to find Seomin and Eunmi."

"I think they might be closer than you think." Junhyung said with his arms crossed.  "I am starting to wonder about a few things that the Head of the Alchemy counsil has done."

"What do you mean?" Yoseob asked.

"It does not take a dummy to figure it out."  Junhyung sighed, "But we should do some investigating before we can be too sure about it.  Do you think the boys our up to it?"

"They already let them in so, it is about them to show their true colors."   Doojoong sighed. 

"I think they should observe first before making any more moves." Junhyung sighed.  "We do not want do something before we are sure about it.  Have them observe before we plan another attach."

"Fine, we will do it your way this time." Doojoon sighed.  

 ---

 Sunggyu walked down the hallways of the Alchemy Council.  He was heading to Jungyeop's office, hoping the older man would see him.   When Sunggyu arrived at the door, her heard voices, but could barely make out what they were talking about. Sunggyu took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" Jungyeop asked.

"Appa, it's me, Sunggyu." Sunggyu stood there for a few moments, with his arms crossed. The door of Jungyeop's office opened. 

"Sunggyu, what are you doing here?"Jungyeop asked as he motioned the people he was talking with to leave.

"Did I interrupt something?" Sunggyu asked as she watched the men quickly leave his father's office. 

"Yes, but it is nothing that you need to concern yourself with." Jungyeop sighed.  "Sunggyu what are you doing here?  You have class tomorrow and you need to keep..."

"I know I need to keep an eye on the girls and my team, but this is something that could not wait, and it needed to be discussed in person." Sunggyu walked over to his father's desk, sitting down in the chair in front of it. "It has to do with protection details of Seomin and Eunmi.  Sungjong brought this to my attention and I thought it would be wise to talk to you about it."

"What did Sungjong bring up that you would like to discuss?" Jungyeop asked and knew that there was obviously more that Sunggyu wanted to talk about, but it was going to be difficult to get out of the kid.

"Sungjong suggested that the two sisters live in the same dorm as us.  I kind-of have to agree with the kid because we do not want another incident like last night." Sunggyu sighed.

"You have a point, but that might create a big controversy in the school." Jungyeop leaned forward and looked at Sunggyu.

"Do you really think I care about those obsessed fan girls we have.  They only like us because you adopted us and we go on missions occasionally." Sunggyu crossed his arms.  "My biggest concern are the two sisters, and their untrained abilities.  I want to personally train them."

Jungyeop sighed deeply. "Very well..." Jungyeop sighed, "I will tell the academy to put the nine of you into a dorm." Jungyeop leaned back in his chair. "Is there anything else you would like to discuss?"

"No..." Sunggyu lied and felt a burning sensation on his collarbone.  Sunggyu was trying so hard not to scratch the area where is tattoo of the infinity symbol was, but he did anyway.

"Sunggyu, what's wrong?" Jungyeop glared at the younger male.

"I told you nothing was wrong." Sunggyu stood up and Jungyeop did the same.  The older man grabbed onto Sunggyu's arm before he could leave, "Sunggyu, talk to me.  You know not talking about it makes things worse."

Sunggyu looked at the end, "And you should know that I do not like talking about it.  I hate feeling vulnerable." Sunggyu placed a hand on his step-fathers wrist and pulled him off. "Excuse me, but I need to get back to school, and make sure the kids are doing what they are supposed to be doing."

"Sunggyu..."

Sunggyu had already disappeared from his sight.  Jungyeop sighed deeply, "What the hell is going on in that kids head."

---

 "Do you know where Hyung is?" Sungyeol asked as he dried his hair with a towel.  "Dongwoo hyung?"

 "Gyuzizi, went back to the council to talk to Jungyeop hyungnim." Dongwoo said as he went back to reading his book.  He wanted to get some studying done, and keep his mind off the bad thoughts he was having.  Dongwoo knew that things could have been much worse today, someone could have died. 

 "I see..." Sungyeol bit his lip and knew this would be the perfect time to do some snooping for Myungsoo.  "Do you know when hyung is going to be back?" 

 "I'm not sure..." Dongwoo looked up from his book and looked at the younger male.  He was up to something.  Sungyeol just could not put his finger on it.  "He will probably be back late.  Do you need something from him? Maybe I could help."

 "I do not need help with anything.  I was just wondering where he was because he is normally nagging us to study at this time of night.  I also wondered how Jongbie is doing?  He has been taking care of the sisters this whole time."  Sungyeol said, trying to change the subject.

 Dongwoo sighed deeply.  He should have known this was about Sunggyu's constant nagging of the kids, but Dongwoo knew that Sunggyu only did that for their own good.  "Hoya went to check on him."

"I see...well I am going to go bother Myungsoo." Sungyeol said with a smiled.  It was not the full truth, but he really was going to bother Myungsoo.  His infinity symbol that was tattooed on his back was not going to hurt.  "MYUNGGIEEEE" Sungyeol screamed.

"Will you shut up?" Myungsoo said as he looked up from his book. He could not believe how loud Sungyeol was. Myungsoo knew that they had to do some investigation soon. That is why he asked Sungyeol to check if Sunggyu hyung was around. 

"Where is Woohyun hyung?"  Sungyeol asked.

"He should be here any moment." Myungsoo said as he did not look up from his book this time.

---

"Noona..."  Sungjong looked at Seomin. "Please rest you..." Sungjong sighed, "I know you are angry with Sunggyu hyung, but..." Sungjong did not know how to get the words out.  He just wanted Eunmi to see where Sunggyu hyung was coming from.

"I know I should not have insulted his eyes." Seomin crossed her arms and looked at Sungjong and sighed deeply.  "He is nice guy at times, but sometimes he..."

"He has his moments, but you really do need to rest.  You have been through a lot the past couple of days.  You must be worn out." Sungjong looked at Seomin and Eunmi moments later.  Sungjong was shocked that Eunmi could sleep so peacefully, after all the yelling. 

"He is right, you need to rest." Hoya said as he walked into the room and looked at Sungjong.  Hoya sighed deeply when he noticed the dark circles under Sungjong's eyes. "Jonggie, go back to the dorm and get some rest.  I will take over."

"I cannot go back to the dorm." Sungjong looked at Hoya, "I promised Sunggyu hyung that I will watch them."

"And I am telling you that you need rest." Hoya raised his voice.  "You can stay here if you like, but you are going to be sleeping."

Sungjong snorted. "You cannot force me to sleep."

"Boy's please don't fight."  Seomin sighed as she looked at the two. "I will go to sleep, but I do not want my sleep to be broken. I am a light sleeper after all." Seomin said as she laid back down and closed her eyes.  She fell asleep almost instantly.

"See, it worked." Hoya smirked.

"Was that just all an act?" Sungjong asked.

"Partly." Hoya crossed his arms. "I do want you to rest, but I also had the feeling that Seomin would fall asleep if I ordered you around.  Girls who are older normally listen when someone younger and cute is being yelled at to do something." Hoya sighed as he leaned against the wall. "So what did happen between her and Sunggyu hyung."

"Cute...I am not just cute hyung." Sungjong crossed his arms and pouted. "She called hyung small eyes." Sungjon sighed. "And we know how sensitive Sunggyu hyung is about his eyes. He always states that..."

"They are special and something that his mother gave him, so his eyes deserve respect." Hoya finished as he looked at the two sleeping girls.  He hoped things would go smoothly for the next couple of days.

"Hyung..." Sungjong spoke.

"What is it Jonggie?"

---

"Soo is hyung not around?" Woohyun asked as he looked at Sungyeol.  He had sent Sungyeol to do his dirty work for them.  Woohyun looked over at Myungsoo and noticed his face was in a book. "How can you be studying at a crucial time like this?"

"Because I am not the one who is going to be the one snooping.  I am Sunggyu hyung's favorite after Dongwoo hyung." Myungsoo smirked. "I cannot get in trouble for invading Sunggyu's privacy."

"He would forgive you in no time.  Hyung will hold a grudge against us." Sungyeol said as he looked at the younger.

"That is not my problem." Myungsoo looked at the two. 

"Hey L, stop being a brat and help us." Woohyun said as he walked over to the younger and grabbed him by the shirt, lifting him of the bed.  The book Myungsoo was reading fell onto the floor. "This was your idea in the first place.  You should at least help us with it."

"It was not only my idea or have you forgotten that you want to know about stuff as well, Woohyun" Myungsoo yelled. "NO LET GO!"

"NO!" Woohyun yelled back, "NOT TILL YOU HELP US YOU SPOILED BRAT!"

"NAM WOOHYUN, RELEASE HIM." Sunggyu yelled.  He did not need this right now.  There was already too much going on, and it was getting difficult for Sunggyu to handle.  He watched as Sungyeol hurried out of the room.  He did not blame this kid for leaving so quickly. "WOOHYUN LET GO OF HIM NOW."

Woohyun dropped Myungsoo on his bed and glared at the older man.  "So our little princess decided to make his grand appearance."  Woohyun smirked.

"Can you be civil for once." Sunggyu said as he glared at Woohyun, "And if you have a problem with me, come and talk to me about it.  Don't go snooping around because you will never find anything."

"Are you sure about that Sung-Gyu-hyung-nim." Woohyun said in a sarcastic tone.

"I'm sure. Now get some sleep. We will be moving into a new dorm at the end of the week." Sunggyu left the room.

"They arrogant..."Woohyun's fist clenched and he glared at Myungsoo, "This is your fault."

"How is it my fault if you were the one who was being the violent one.  Not get out of my room." Myungsoo said as he laid down on his bed and pulled the covered over his head.  He knew it was a mistake to snoop into Sunggyu's personal business. He could not believe he let Sungyeol talk him into it.

"Fine, good night spoiled prince." Woohyun said as he walked out of the room.

 ---

Myungsoo watched her closely as they walked together.   He took over protection duty from Sungjong and Hoya.  They both needed a well deserve rest after taking care of both sisters last night.  Myungsoo did not expect Sunggyu to yell at the oldest sister, but he did not blame Sunggyu for doing it.  People normally don't get off if they make fun of his eyes.

"Myungsoo..." Eunmi looked at the man and he stopped.

"Is something wrong Eunmi?" Myungsoo looked at Eunmi with a worried gaze.  "You know that you can tell me anything." Myungsoo placed his hand in his pockets, and noticed a bunch of female students looking at them.  Myungsoo gave them a cold glare, and the girls hurried off.

"Do you think you can help train my abilities?" Eunmi asked.

"Sunggyu hyung told me that he was going to train you and your sister." Myungsoo looked at the girl whose smile turned into a frown.  "You do not want to be trained by him do you?"

Eunmi shook her head, causing Myungsoo to sighed, "I will talk to hyung and see if I can train you.  I am sure he won't mind.  He does not need more stress on his plate.  He already has enough of it."

Eunmi smiled brightly, hugged Myungsoo, "Thanks so much Myungsoo."

A slight blush appeared on Myungsoo's face.  He did not expect Eunmi to hug him so suddenly. Myungsoo smiled and wrapped his arms around the girls waist, pulling her close.  He buried his head into her neck, taking in her scent.  She smelled like strawberries. Myungsoo loves strawberries.

"Myungsoo..."

"Myungsoo..."

Myungsoo realized that he was hugging Eunmi for too long and released her, "Sorry...um why don't we head to class?"

 ---

 "Are you in a better mood today?" Seomin asked as she looked at Sunggyu.   She watched him lean against one of the trees in the academies garden.  Seomin had come to like the gardens because it helped her relax, it made her feel less on edge.   

 "I am..." Sunggyu sighed, "I apologize for my behavior last night, I just felt..." Sunggyu bit his lip and wondered if he should tell her or not.  

 "Felt like you were useless because you were not able to do a simples task." Seomin said as she looked at Sunggyu, "Dongwoo sii told me that you were beating yourself up because of it, and you should not be doing that Sunggyu. You and your brothers have already done a lot for my sister and I.  Sunggyu, you have already saved me many times and..."

 Sunggyu sighed deeply and walked over to her.  He placed a finger on her lip to silence her. He did not want her to pity him. That was the last thing Sunggyu needed.  "You talk to highly of me, Seomin.  I am not that great."

 Seomin placed a hand on his wrist and removed his finger from her lips.  "What is wrong with me thinking highly of you?  Sunggyu sii, you suppressed my abilities before, and I know how dangerous they are.  I asked Sungjong and Hoya about it last night and Sungjong told me about where my family came from.  I understand why they are after us now, and I thought I would be out of danger if we was separated from the book."  

"The book is very dangerous, Seomin.  If it falls into the wrong hands, terrible things would happen.  That book is an ancient text that can only be read by a few people." Sunggyu looked into her eyes.

"And I am one of those people."  She looked at Sunggyu and blushed at their closeness, "What happens now? What if my sister and I are attacked again? Do you..."  Seomin stopped talking because that is what Sunggyu's eyes told her. 

"I will put my life on the line to protect you and your sister, and I will train you myself to help get your abilities and your sisters abilities where they should be.  If they ever attack again and I am not around, both of will be able to protect yourselves."  Sunggyu said and flinched when he felt Seomin's hand on his shoulder.

"You do not need to put your life on the line for us."  Seomin looked at Sunggyu, "I will be happy with just the training, your protection is not needed."

"Not like you are going to have a choice with being protected by me or not." Sunggyu said with a smirk appearing on his lips.

"And why is that?"


an - woot woot and upate. I hope you like this chapter. I had fun writing it. ^^ ENJOY!