-Arc 11-

Elixir

-Arc 11-

 Sunggyu and Dongwoo sat down at the same table as Seomin. They wanted to keep her close. Seomin and Eunmi were important people and if any harm came to them, they would be blamed.

"Sunggyu oppa. Can I join you?" Serri said with a smile on her face. She hoped he would say yes.

 Dongwoo looked at Seomin and then Sunggyu. He wondered that the older man was going to say.

 "If you want to Serri, but I am not going to do the work for you." Sunggyu crossed his arms and looked away from the girl.  She was becoming more of a nuisance, but he did not have the guts to say that to her face.

 Sunggyu noticed the lost expression on Seomin's face. He finally realized that everyone has their textbooks out.  pulled out his textbook and handed it to Seomin. "You need it More than I do."

 Seomin looked at Sunggyu, "Don't you need it for the lesson?"

 "Oppa doesn't need it because he has already memorized it. Oppa is so amazing" Serri said cheerfully as she looked at Sunggyu.  She puffed out her cheeks when he did not acknowledge her praising him. "Oppa..."

Sunggyu just ignored the girl and watched their teacher write instructions on the board. "You are going to make this Elixir.  If anything goes wrong you fail."

Seomin looked at the ingredients and realized it was similar to one of the assignments that she did for her senior thesis for her undergrad. Seomin knew that there was an easier way to get to the final solution.  She pulled out her notebook and started to write things down.

"Do you know something?" Dongwoo asked as he looked at Seomin.

"There is an easier way to get to the final result that she wants us to get to with this Elixir we need to make."  Seomin said.

"I think it is best if we follow the professors instructions.  It is not smart to experiment on something like this?" Serri said in a fake concerned voice.  She actually wanted Seomin to do her own thing, and was hopping it went horrible wrong.

"It does not hurt to try something different. If you do not have all the ingredients needed than you need to come up with an alternate.  This happens often in the field." Sunggyu said with his arms crossed. He was very interested in what Seomin had in mind. If something went wrong her would take the blame anyway.

"Ok oppa..." Serri said cheerfully.

 ---

 Myungsoo and Sungjong were outside with Eunmi, sitting in the grass. They had a class to train their elements, but Eunmi had no clue what her element was.

 "You looked confused." Myungsoo said as he rested his hand on his chin as he looked at Eunmi.  He wanted to do everything he could to help the girl out.  Everything in their world was new to both sisters.

 "That is because I have no clue what my element is." Eunmi said as she looked at Myungsoo. "I am so lost right now. How am I going to catch up on what I have missed out on my whole life." Eunmi bit her lip and looked down.

 "I can tutor you if you like."  Myungsoo smiled. He did not mind helping Eunmi. She needed help unlike the useless girls at this school. Myungsoo knew that they acted stupid just to get close to him and his brothers.

 "I would like that, but can you tell me what my element is?" Eunmi asked. She was curious.  Eunmi has seemed Dongwoo's element first hand. 

 "We do not know what your element is." Sungjong spoke up. He could not just sit here and not explain things to the girl.  If he was in her situation he would want someone to help him out. "Your element comes from within you.  It is also bases off of the Wu Xing. You do know what the Wu Xing are?"

 "I do, they are the five elements that were used to make the elixir of life."  Eunmi answered. "But that does not tell me what my element is."

 "Your element is determined by multiple factors. Some people have one while others are blessed with two to three elements. It is very rare for someone to control all five." Myungsoo explained. He was not going to tell Eunmi that Sunggyu is able to control all five. He was about to be able control four of them, and training to learn the fifth.

 "Like what?" Eunmi asked.

 "It has to do with the year and month you were born in. Each astrological sign may have one or more element assigned to it." Sungjong said with a smile. He looked around and noticed other students were listening to their conversations. Sungjong sighed deeply. "There are five elements: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal,  and Water. They are better known as mù,  huǒ,  tǔ),  jīn , and shuǐ." 

"Interesting.  Do you mind if I ask what your element or elements are?" Eunmi asked as she looked into Sungjong's eyes.  She was curious what they were able to control.  

 "Well…" Sungjong bit his lip before smiling brightly.  "I was blessed.  I can control three out of the five elements: Water, Metal, and Earth."

 "I can only control two elements." Myungsoo lied. He knew his tattoo was going to hurt because he lied, but this was something that he could not tell the truth about.  He could not tell the whole school that he was training to control all five elements. That would be suicidal.  Myungsoo could already feel the burning  sensation on his  shoulder. "I can control metal and water."

Sungjong looked over at Myungsoo and noticed him Hikding his shoulder again.He sighed deeply.  He was not going to bring it up now.  Sungjong planned on confronting Sungjong later about lying.  He knew Myungsoo was training to follow in Sunggyu's footsteps to control all five elements.  Sungjong did not understand why Myungsoo wanted to put himself through that.

"It may take you a few lessons to discover your element or elements, but this is something that you need to give time." Myungsoo smiled weakly.

"I understand." Eunmi smiled, "Thank two for explaining things to me." 

"If you need anything else let us know." Myungsoo smiled and watched as their teacher arrived.  He hopped that she would not ask Eunmi to do anything.

"Hello class. I hope everyone is well."

 ---

 Woohyun decided to skip his next class.  He was not in the mood to go to it.  Woohyun was going to hide somewhere and hoped that he did not find him.

"You know if you continue to skip class you are never going to graduate?" Hoya said with his arms crossed as he approached Woohyun.

"You care to much Howon." Woohyun said as he looked at the man who was only a month younger than him.  In the past Woohyun had lied to the younger male saying he was a year older than him which caused Hoya to call him hyung.

"I care because we are brothers." Hoya said as he sighed deeply.

"Not technically." Woohyun said as he sighed deeply.

"We may not be technically brothers, but we are a family." Sungyeol said as he came from behind a pillar, causing the two to jump. "Sorry, did I scare you?"

"Sungyeol, don't do that." Woohyun said as he suddenly sensed something strange. A dark energy that could only belong to one thing.  Woohyun's looked at Hoya and Sungyeol, wondering if they sensed the same thing.  He did not understand how the Homunculus were able to get into the school, unless they had an inside man. "Sungyeol...Hoya..."

 --- 

"Now I see what you don't like that girl so much." Dongwoo said as he walked into their dorm ans took off his jacket that had green stains on them. The experiment with Serri in their group did not go so well. He was so happy that Seomin was able to fix it. "Why don't you tell the girl how you truly feel."

 "It will reflect poorly on our father." Sunggyu said as he took his jacket off and tossed it on the couch.  He reached into his pant pocket and pulled out a vile of that golden liquid that he hated so much.  Sunggyu pulled the cork out and poured the disgusting liquid down his throat.  He could not wait for the day when he did not have to take the elixir. He coughed a few times.

 "Still not used to the elixir?" Dongwoo asked the older male.  He hated Sunggyu gagging on it.

"I don't think I will." Sunggyu said as he looked at Dongwoo. "It's been six years. If it has not change yet then it is never going to." Sunggyu leaned his head back and closed his eyes.

 The door to their door opened and closed moments later.

 "Yahh Myungoo hyung. It is your fault that your wrist keeps hurting like that. You had to lie." Sungjong said as he followed Myungsoo into the living room. Sungjong froze when he saw Sungguu and Dongwoo sitting there. "Gyu hyungnim...Dongwoo hyungnim."  The two older males watched Myungsoo hurry to his room.

 "He must have lied about something important again." Dongwoo said as he looked at Myungsoo. "What happened this time?"

"We were explaining elements to Eunmi and his wrist started to hurt." Sungjong explained as he tried to avoid Sunggyu's eyes.

"Don't tell me he is trying to learn all five elements." Sunggyu said as he rose from his seat.  He was going to give Myungsoo a long lecture.   Sunggyu did not want Myungsoo to follow the same path as him.

"I think you should give him some space hyung." Dongwoo said with a gentle smile on his lips.  "He will talk to you when he is ready."

 ---

 Seomin has not seen her little sister all day and she plans on heading back to the dorm they are sharing when she is asleep. Seomin wanted to get a head start on her assignment.  

It was late and there weren't many people in the library. Seomin reached up and grabbed a book.  She opened it and skimmed a few lines.  "Perfect." She was about to head to a table to read more when the lights started o flicker. Something was not right she could feel it.


an - hello everyone I hope you like this update. I enjoyed writing this one.  This story is goung to get darker soon. I hope you like what I have to come