I N T E R V I E W ○ 11

◁◁ E X O T I C ○ I N T E R V I E W S ▷▷

                 

 

01/02

ALERIC

POSTED BY PARK CHANYEOL ON FEB 01 2014, 01.03PM

                                   PROFILE LINK 
 

INTERVIEWER NOTES

HELLO. THE ELEVENTH INTERVIEW IS WITH THE RIDICULOUS ALERIC THE OWNER OF THE BOY IN SEOUL. GO CHECK IT OUT IF YOU HAVEN'T. 


SUPPORT US

REMINDER

01 // SUBSCRIBE PLEASE AND UPVOTES ARE OPTIONAL 
02 // DON'T CRITISIZE AND NO BASHING OTHERS       
03 // USE OUR BANNER TO SUPPORT US                     
04 // COMMENT BELOW. WE'D LIKE TO KNOW YOUR OPINIONS 


DISCLAIMER

 

( C: Chanyeol  -  A: Aleric )

 

C: Hello there! It’s nice to meet you. So are you ready for the interview?

A: HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! ◎ヮ◎ Yes, I am thank you! And welcome back by the way, I hope your hiatus has provided you with a lot of rest.

C: Then let’s start. What’s your name and nickname?

A: My name is Aleric. The name's already ugly so people decide to grace me with nicknames to make it sound better (Y) It ranges from Alec, Al, Ricky (yeah… I know), Leric, Alester, Aleriel and Alebieber because someone thought it was hilarious to merge my name and an idiotic teenster's.

C: What’s your age?

A: 95-liner FTW, I'm turning 19 in October :)

C: What’s your birthplace and hometown? (You don’t have to answer that if you don’t want to)

A: I'm a half asian living in Aus! Australian's all let us rejoice for we are young and freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee o/

C: Do you have a wish you want to come true this year?

A: An endless supply of Ben & Jerry's cookie dough ice cream and toasted seaweed. CAN I GET AN "AMEN"?! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*: ・゚✧ In other words no I don't (lol). I'm less of the wishful type, more of the goals and objectives type.

C: What’s your favorite group and who’s your bias?

A: SHINee and my bias is Key. His sass is contagious and his fashion is adorable.

C: Do you have any OTP’S?

A: JONGSICA! HANDS. DOWN.

C: What’s your favorite song?

A: Hit Me Baby One More Time by Britney Spears. LOL Just kidding, it's really Wannabe by Spice Girls .-.

(Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield OR A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton)

C: How did you find AFF?

A: No one knows this but back then I used to ship Nichkhun/Yoona, I used to read fanfictions about them on winglin and soompi but I couldn't find anything that kept my interest long enough on those sites. So then I stumbled upon AFF, but I didn't become a member until my cousin forced me to a few months after I found the site. This was all before we had the option "Members-only" so the stories were accessible even if you weren't a member, so I wasn't in any rush.

C: What’s your favorite/most recommended fan fiction and by who?

A: I actually don't have a favourite, I'm really loyal to my OTP and as of yet I hadn't come across a fan fiction that's stuck with me. IT SUUUUUUCKS TДT

C: What genre are you best at designing?

A: I haven't made so many posters to really judge my style or what genre I excel at because I've been more focused on patterns and fashion designs. But I'm still in the process of identifying that, recently I've been into manipulation with horror/angst. So I'll continue to experiment and see what I come up with!

C: When did you start designing and for how long have you been actively designing?

A: I think around December 2012, so a year and a few months I guess. But I hadn't worked on posters like the majority of designers here, I guess you can say my way of graphic designing is... unique. I think you'd get the feel of what I mean if you looked at The Boy in Seoul or DANDY. I don't even know if that's a good or bad thing haha!

C: Which group do you like making poster to mostly?

A: Based on the few posters that I've made, they frequently feature EXO—they've become my graphic muses even though I'm not exactly a massive EXO stan heh. But yes, the majority of my designs not including posters, as of now are non-kpop related.

C: Are you planning on opening another shop other than The Boy In Seoul in the future?

A: Probably not in the near future. I'll be a stereotypical boy and say that commitment is scary LMAO! No but it's true, there are so many factors you need to consider before you launch a graphic thread, especially a shop. It's a measure of how much time you're able to sacrifice for the thread/shop. The last thing I want to see is to fail my subscribers. I'm sure it's the same for all graphic designers, the designers with actual graphic shops are just more braver and adventurous and are able to test their capabilities to a further extent. Youngsters these days.

C: Any tips to overcome designer’s block?

A: Eat till you get fat and blow up into smithereens. BAM AND THE BLOCK IS GONE (ALONG WITH YOU SOZ) o/

Designers block fart. So what I would tell designers who are experiencing a block is to put your work down (no matter how hard it is and how unproductive you feel), and give yourself a damn rest. How you're feeling reflects and coincides with your implementation. In other words, if you're feeling frustrated, you'd find that you have no satisfaction in whatever you do towards what you're creating—even if it looks alright to another person, you'd still feel unsatisfied because your mood plays a massive part in how you view it. So to save your graphic/poster/design and yourself from further ruination, take a break and be productive somewhere else.

If you're the type who'd feel overtly useless and unproductive by putting your work aside and you want to continue working on it. THEN JUST SIT TIGHT, ALERIC WILL COME WITH CHIMMI CHONGAS (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*: ・゚✧

C: Do you have any advice for other designers here in AFF?

A: If you want to stand out, aim to be innovative, different and unique. Always be flexible to change and welcome it, I think this will make way for an open mind and will allow you to obtain a natural take on lateral thinking/notions when you're forming ideas or images in your head. When it's time to get in that creative space and you're creating, always remember that creativity should not conform to the functions of a stopwatch, don't rush yourself. Also, if you're nervous about a design—it most likely means you've incorporated an element you don't usually adhere to or you aren't comfortable with. Let me tell you, make yourself feel that more often even if you don't like the feeling. It's commendable for designers to step out of their comfort zone when it comes to designing.

C: Alright, thank you for your time. It was a pleasure to meet you. Hope to see you again soon.

A: Thank you so much for having me! It's nice to regress once in a while.

I will now go back to having an intimate moment with my electric fan /*dying from summer heat

C: Umm. Ok then. Have fun with your fan. Bye!!