Break Down

Random One-Shots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDlqWJz027A

After holding it in for years, Yoomi finally broke down. She hated how everyone expected her to be perfect just because her mother was a beautiful singer and her father was a top produer. The only person who treated her like a normal human being was her best friend Micky but he wasn't with her: he was at home with his friends while she was crying on a park bench. Her phone vibrated in her pocket and she took it out whiole wiping her tears with one hand. The caller ID was blurry because of some tears but she made it out to be Micky. She quickly stopped sniffling and answered the phone, hoping her voice wasn't a total give away of her current state.

"Hello?" she said.

"What's wrong? I haven't gotten any calls or texts from you for the day and you usually call me saying that you finished school or you're coming by." Micky's voice was coated with concern.

"I'm fine. I just had alot on my mind." Yoomi responded, touched by his deep concern for her.

"Where are you anyway?"

"At the park. Why?"

"Bye." Micky hung up. Yoomi looked at her phone and shrugged before putting it back in her pocket. She leaned her head back on the back of the bench and closed her eyes, sighing. Someone grabbed her hand and pulled her up.

"What the-?" Yoomi looked up.

"Micky what the hell!" Micky opened his car door and put Yoomi in and shut the door. He ran around to the driver's side and got in. Shutting the door and tarting the engine, he drove off.

"Why did you pick me up? I could've walked." Yoomi looked over at Micky. He was biting his bottom lip. His eyes were watery.

"Micky..." Yoomi looked away when he sniffled. She placed her hand over his on the hand brake.

"I'm sorry for worrying you.." she said softly. He moved his hand from the hand brake to the steering wheel. Yoomi bit her bottom lip now and hung her head.

The two had now left the city and were just cruising along the countryside, the sun slowly moving towards the horizon. Micky stopped by a large plane of green grass, orange tinted from the sun. Yoomi got out and went around to lean on the hood of the car, wraping her arms around herself. Micky stayed in the car for a little bit then he got out and leaned next to her.

After a couple minutes of silence, Micky took a breath to speak but then stopped when Yoomi wrapped her arms around his neck and cried into his shoulder. He was taken back. Yoomi never cried, especially not in front of him. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly.

"I'm sorry Yoomi." he said into her hair. Yoomi hugged him tighter. She had never cried this hard in her life. Not when she broke her arm from falling out the tree at her father's house. Not when her cousin got into an accident and was sent to the hospital and they thought she would die. Not even when her grandmother died. 
Micky was her best friend from snce she could remember but she had never been this close to him. Not even when she shared a bed with him in 4th grade. She had liked MIcky from 5th Grade but never told anyone and she never let it show. 
But now, in his arms, she realized how much she liked him. Even loved him. 
He gently rubbed her back and whispered soothing words to her. Her crying eventually died down to sniffles and hitched breaths.

"Micky?" she asked softly.

"Yeah?" Micky continued to rub her back, his cheek resting on her head.

"Thanks." 

"Any time. Better now?" he asked looking down at her.

A little. Sorry about your shirt though." Yoomi sniffled.

"It still has to be washed so I don't care. As long as you're okay." he kissed her hair and snuggled her close. Yoomi smiled.

How about we get you home now? Aunty Eun Mi must be worried sick." Micky got up and brushed some hair behind Yoomi's ear. Yoomi meekly smiled and wiped her face with the bottom of her shirt. She got back into the passenger seat and buckled her seatbelt. Micky got in and did a U-turn and headed back into the city.

Micky stopped infront of Yoomi's house.

"Thanks. I appreciate it. I really do." Yoomi said. Micky smiled. He leaned across and kissed her cheek. Yoomi blushed.

"I'll call you before I go to sleep okay?" Yoomi said as she returned the kiss and opened the door and slung her bag over her shoulder.

"See ya later." She smiled and shut the door. She waved as Micky drove off and went inside.

++THAT NIGHT++
Yoomi sat down on her bed and picked up her phone. She dialed Micky's number and put the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" Micky's voice caused a hush to befall the room he was in. His friends listened intently to their friend's conversation.

"Hi. I'm about to go to sleep. Can you sing me a song? Just a short one." Yoomi pulled the covers up to her chest and her side.

"What song?" Micky asked.

"Any song."

"Okay." Micky began to sing. -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9tNhY1wkTI- (Just pretend it's Micky singing)

Micky's friends helped by harmonizing in some parts. 

"Your friends can really sing.." Yoomi muttered as her eyes threatened to close but she forced them open until Micky was finished singing.

"Sleep well Yoomi. Bye bye." MIcky said softly and hung up. Yoomi hung up and sleepily placed her phone on the other side of her bed and fell asleep. She actually didn't mind how her day went. She broke down but if she hadn't, then none of that woul ever have happened. Sometimes it's good to break down. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If there are any spelling errors, I'm sorry ^^ Hope you enjoyed this chapter. See you next update ^^