The Kiss

Is This Love?

Winter break is over and school is back. The cold air is getting warmer each week. Namjoo groaned as she woke up. She did her morning routine then went to school. Namjoo took a deep breath before entering the campus. She was hoping Chen wouldn’t be here but at the same time she was also hoping he would be here. They didn’t contact each other over the winter break after what happened on Christmas Eve. Namjoo would always hug the teddy bear she got from Chen every night to sleep. 

The bell rang and Namjoo walked to her class. She glanced around to see if Chen was in the classroom or not. He wasn’t in there so she thought maybe he was getting to school late. As her professor took roll call, he announced that Chen was sick so he won't here today. Namjoo was concerned about Chen so she decided to check on him. There seem to be a problem. The other girls also wanted to go visit him but they don’t know his address. They keep bothering Chen’s friends to see if they knew where his place was. They remained silent and didn’t say a word.

Namjoo was standing in front of Chen’s door. She kept thinking about what she was going to say to Chen why she was there. Eventually her finger moved on its own and pressed the doorbell. Although she was shocked by it and almost walked away but it seemed like Chen wasn’t home or something. She rang the bell again and again. Until Chen came and opened the door screaming “WHAT DO YOU NEED?!” He was shocked to see Namjoo standing in front of his door. He apologized for screaming at her. She also apologized for waking him up. Chen invited her in and she asked him if he’s okay. He told her that he was okay nothing that serious just a cold. The room eventually toned down to awkwardness. But then Namjoo stood up and told Chen to get back in bed. She went to the kitchen and made porridge with the ingredients that Chen had in his fridge. Chen was surprised to see that she made porridge for him. Namjoo placed the porridge down and gave a spoon to him. He told her that his hands weren’t cooperating with him today. She felt embarrassed as she fed him. “Mmm! It’s really good” he complimented on her porridge. She thanked him with a smile “Really?! Thanks!”

Chen would have never thought Namjoo came to check on him and make food for him. He appreciated everything she did for him. Namjoo was wearing a V-line shirt neck with a long cardigan over it and skinny jean. He saw a bit of her cleavage as she fed him. He tried not to look but his eyes kept on moving up and down on her. He felt erted and thought something was wrong with him looking at her that way. Once he was done eating, he watched Namjoo as she cleaned up.

Namjoo felt something behind her. It was watching her every moves... But it was Chen. Namjoo walked the kitchen nervously and finally settled down as she got out of Chen’s room. She kept on thinking about the moment they just had, the way he complimented her and his smile. She smiled to herself and cleaned the dishes. Namjoo went back to Chen’s room and noticed he was asleep. She noticed Chen was sweating so she went and get a towel. She didn’t want to wake him up so she gently patted the towel to wipe away his sweat. She also put on a heating pad on his forehead. Namjoo decided to leave him alone but she also wanted to stay a little longer with him.

Chen woke up and it was dark outside. He his lamp and looked around. Namjoo was sleeping next to his hand. He smiled and noticed how sweet it was to see her sleeping face. He put a blanket over her. His cold got a little bit better and as he got out of bed. He saw there was medicine and cup of water covered up with a napkin in case dust get into the water. There was also a little note ‘When you wake up, drink this –Namjoo’. He did as he was told and whisper thank you to Namjoo’s ear. He placed her on his bed. Chen went outside to his living room and made dinner for himself and watched TV.

Noises outside woke Namjoo up. She rubbed her eyes and saw the outside was dark. She eventually noticed this wasn’t her room and she was still at Chen’s house. Namjoo also noticed that she was on Chen’s bed. She jumped out of his bed quickly and ran out of his room. Chen saw her and told her to calm down. He told her to sit down next to him and watch TV with him. She calmed down and apologizes for falling asleep. He chuckled and told her that there was no need to apologize for sleeping. Chen suggested a movie and it was a romantic/comedy/action movie. They laughed along with each other as they watched the movie.  Chen naturally put his arm around the couch and where Namjoo was sitting. Namjoo glanced over Chen and Chen was also looking over her too. Their eyes met and the atmosphere seems to have love in the air. They were alone in his house, nobody but themselves… The mood was just so right that Namjoo and Chen kept staring at each other eyes and not paying any attention to the movie. They eventually leaned their lips towards each other and kissed. Chen moved his hands behind Namjoo’s head and pulled her towards to him even more. When Chen almost put his tongue into Namjoo’s mouth, she yanked her head back and was in shocked. She tears up and didn’t notice she was crying. She didn’t know why she was crying in front of Chen. Chen got worried and showed concern. He panicked and Namjoo felt embarrassing for crying but also in front of Chen! She apologized and just left his house.

Chen couldn’t believe himself that he and Namjoo kissed. Her eyes lured Chen towards her. She was just so y that night. When they kissed, he wanted more and more! That wasn’t enough for him. He wanted to do more than just kissing. Her lips were just so soft and her scent was still lingering around his house especially his clothes. He can still feel Namjoo’s lips on him. He felt hurt when he saw Namjoo cried. He kept questioning himself to why Namjoo cried, maybe she doesn’t like him? At least now that thank to the kiss.. He seems to want more of Namjoo but not just her body but her heart.

Namjoo stomped angrily to her room and jumped on the bed. She couldn’t believe she cried in front of him. But one thing that made her cry is that she and Chen kiss. To her, that kiss was special but that kiss probably meant nothing to Chen. He probably has no feeling towards her. She thought that their friendship is ruined now by some stupid love she has for Chen! Namjoo touched her lips and she could still feel Chen’s lips on hers. She hugged the teddy bear while dreaming about Chen.

Ooohh~ What will happen to these two later on?! Namjoo doesn’t know Chen likes her but Chen also think that maybe she doesn’t like him that way.