Christmas

Is This Love?

Christmas is here, and snow is falling. Everyone is on a holiday break to spend time with their special ones for Christmas. Namjoo, who stood outside by a statue while waiting for Chen. Namjoo forgot her mittens at home because she rushed and couldn’t wait for the date. She wore light makeup. She also dressed nicer than she usually does. Long black winter jacket, underneath was a dress with red stripes, leggings underneath and with black boots on. Chen arrived and he saw how Namjoo hands had no mittens on. He asked her if she was cold and where were her mittens. She told him she forgot them and so Chen took off his left glove and hand it to her. She first looked at him weirdly and asked him wasn’t he going to be cold too. Chen told her to wear it on her left hand. She just did what she was told and as they started to walk, Chen took her right hand and held it in his jacket’s pocket. Namjoo blushed so hard that she took her hand out of his pocket and asked him what he is doing. He just replied that he was afraid her right hand would be freezing cold. Chen grabbed her hand again and puts it back in his pocket. Though she sounded like she didn’t like it.. She actually really did like it.

Chen took Namjoo to his car and opened the door for her like a polite gentleman. Namjoo felt like a princess and he was the prince. Namjoo told Chen that he was acting weird. He told her that was because he wanted to show his new side to her, and plus it was Christmas. As Chen drove to a nice restaurant to eat, Namjoo was embarrassed by seeing so many couples around them. They were holding hands, making out, and the love aura was showing. Namjoo dazed off thinking about Chen and her spending Christmas alone at his place. Chen snapped her out of it and told her they arrived. It was the same restaurant that he took her to. At first she didn’t find anything special about it but it was their FIRST dinner together there. This time, the restaurant was decorated with Christmas ornaments and there was also a Christmas tree. Chen already reserved a spot for them in case it might be full when Christmas comes. Which it was, the restaurant was full of people and there was still people waiting for a table. A waitress took Chen and Namjoo to their table. Namjoo noticed the waitress was staring at Chen. Chen didn’t notice it. She forgot Chen was really attractive and girls have always been trying to get his attention. She felt jealous because the waitress was really pretty too and has better body than her. Since Chen likes y girls and older type. Namjoo is younger than Chen by a month, but she didn’t care if he liked older type. When the waitress took their order, she wrote down her number and slipped it into Chen's pocket. They made eye contact and Chen only smiled at her. Namjoo gave him a look and just ignored what just happened. Chen saw her look and took her hand, telling her not to worry he’s not going to call the waitress. He took out the piece of paper and crumbled it up to prove it to her. Cruel, but yet it was for her. Namjoo told him it was fine to call her.. Not that she was jealous. Chen chuckled and told her alright. Their dishes arrived and Chen ignored the waitress’ seduction as she kept staring at Chen. They ate and talk about many things.

Chen also had surprised for Namjoo at his place but she has to be blind folded. They left the restaurant and Chen drove Namjoo to his place. When they arrived, Chen told her to wait in the car. He ran up his place which was a luxury apartment complex. Chen took a look and fixes up some things a bit. Then he ran back down stairs and blind-folded Namjoo. He took her up to his place once again. Once they entered, she took off her blind fold and was surprised to see what it was. Chen apparently decorated his place and made foods on the table, it was still warm like he just made it. Suspicious then she asked him if he made the food. He flustered but then admits it that he had a friend to help him while they were at the restaurant to cook the food for Namjoo. Namjoo found it cute when he flustered because it’s rare since he’s a type of a guy who plays things coolly. He went to get changed and Namjoo took off her coat and hanged it. Chen’s place had a cozy feeling to it; it’s very clean and sleek looking. Namjoo took a seat on a leather black couch. As she waited for Chen, she looked around a bit and saw a cute young picture of Chen with his family. She found a picture in the living room near the TV. She picked up and saw it was a picture of her smiling. She wondered why does Chen have a picture of her? Chen came out and she immediately put back the picture. Namjoo decided to make Chen fall for her but first she has a two presents for Chen. They took their seats at the dinner table where the foods are. They ate happily, when Chen took out a Christmas cake from the fridge. Namjoo felt like she ate so much she’s about to hurl but she just wants to eat it all for Chen. The Christmas cake was really good. Chen went to clean the dishes but then Namjoo wanted to help too. So Namjoo offered to help cleaned the dishes and so they just did it together.

Namjoo made some hot cocoa drinks with marshmallows. It has a nice fragrant, and it warmed up their body as they drank it. Next, they moved onto giving presents. Namjoo got an MP3 player and a watch for Chen. Chen immediately took the watch and wore it proudly. For him, he got Namjoo a teddy bear. Though it doesn’t seem a very nice gift but to Namjoo it was a special gift from the one she loves. Namjoo told Chen to turn on his MP3 player and there was already a song in it. She told him to listen to it after she leaves. Namjoo’s feeling for Chen got stronger after how closer she felt to him. She asked him to talk more about his life what he was doing when he went to a different high school. She was curious because she felt bad for not getting any news about him after they went separate paths. Chen jokingly asked her if she liked him or something because why does she want to know more about him. She blushed and the atmosphere got awkward. Chen didn’t realize that Namjoo really did have feelings for her. She got up and decided to leave. Chen took her home. On the way, they didn’t break into a conversation. Now that Chen realized her feelings for him.

Chen spent the night of thinking about Namjoo now that he realized how she felt about him. He didn’t know what to do. Namjoo and he have always been friends for such long time. He eventually remembers the past. Namjoo ran out crying, while he and his classmates were laughing at her. Once he remembered it, he suddenly felt bad. He did liked Namjoo back then but he didn’t know he wanted to so much that she cries. Time has changed Chen but now that Namjoo has once again come into his life. His thinking is all messed up now. Now that, she expressed her feeling, he just can’t forget how she looked like when he asked her if she likes him.  He took out the MP3 player he got and played the song Namjoo told him to listen to. As he listened to the lyrics;  

“I choose to love youu~

I thought I could move on, but I never thought first love would come and find me

Why can't I forget about you?

I wish I should have never met you

Just thinking about you makes me so nervous

Whatever I do, all I can think is about you

Though I don't say it, but I know it by feeling

My heart is speaking of love

Can you hear my heart beating?

I always want to be held tightly in your arms

I always doubt my feelings for you

When my feeling was clear

I couldn't even look at you straight in the eyes

I can't help it if I'm shy around you

You just make me so nervous..!

I think I like you..I think I like you~

If only you know..”

A sharp pain went through his heart. He kept replaying the song over and over until he fell asleep. While he was sleeping he had a dream about Namjoo and him having a nice picnic in the park. They were smiling and laughing as they ate their sandwiches that Namjoo had made. Wow~ what a nice dream.. How will Chen decide on his feeling towards Namjoo? As a friend? Or as a lover?..


The story might seem kinda rush :P