Snippet 1 - TaoHye (Hogwarts!AU)

Stories of EXO

The Gryffindor vs Slytherin match is coming up.

-0-

Ji Hye can feel Jongin's concerned stare from across the locker room and she can't be more confused.

"Is there something wrong?" she asks, looking up at her best friend.

Jongin frowns. "Tao is on the Slytherin Quidditch team," he states.

Ji Hye raises an eyebrow, strapping on her gloves. "Yes… and?"

"We're playing against Slytherin next week."

She rolls her eyes. "Is that what this is?"

"You don't even look that worried that you're playing against your boyfriend!"

"Jongin, how is playing against Tao any different from playing against Sehun?"

"But – " He flails slightly. "Boyfriend!"

"Wait," Sunyoung says suddenly. "When did Ji Hye start dating Huang Zitao?"

"Couple weeks ago," Luhan grumbles, "and I don't approve."

"It's a good thing I don't really care, then," Ji Hye quips.

The team captain shoots her a glare. "If you let this affect your playing – "

"Like I would let that happen," she scoffs. "Don't worry about me, Cap. Just worry about catching the Quaffle."

•●•●•●•

Ji Hye slides in next to Sehun, ignoring the stares as she tugs an apprehensive Jongin into the seat on the opposite side of Tao. As expected, both of their plates are near empty, nervousness probably settling in the pits of their stomachs. Ji Hye herself is going to forego breakfast or she might very well end up puking.

"Hey," she says casually, as if it's completely normal for a Gryffindor Chaser to eat breakfast with the Slytherin team's Seeker and Beater on the morning of the Gryffindor-Slytherin match.

"What are you doing here?" Sehun mutters, frowning slightly.

"Just came by to say no hard feelings," she says, smiling brightly. "You know, after we beat you to a bloody pulp."

Sehun elbows her, but she can make out the slightest of grins playing across his lips. "In your dreams, Song. Gryffindor is going down," he announces.

She ruffles his hair affectionately. "Whatever it is that helps you sleep at night." She turns towards Tao. "You're uncharacteristically quiet today."

"Tired," the beater grumbles. "Go away."

There's the barest flash of hurt, but Ji Hye pushes it away resolutely. She knows how grumpy he can be when he's sleep deprived. Sehun snickers and Tao shoots him a glare.

"He was up half the night, worrying about – "

He's interrupted by Jongin's cry. "Ow! What did I do?" He gives Tao a confused glance; they've always been civil with each other, if not cordial.

"Missed me," Sehun taunts. If it weren't for his training, she had a feeling he'd be sticking his tongue out childishly.

"Wanker," Tao mutters.

Ji Hye hesitantly allows her fingers to overlap his. "What's wrong?" she asks.

"It's nothing," he snaps, eyes flashing before he looks away. "Leave it."

She glances at Jongin and Sehun, who are doing their own awkward version of flirting, before she shuffles closer towards her boyfriend. "What's really the matter?" she asks quietly.

"It's just – " he cuts himself off before tugging her fingers closer so they're properly holding hands. "It's the first game against each other since we've been, well, dating."

"Dumb ," she says affectionately. "Don't worry about me. Worry about Amber and Jungkook attempting to take out your teammates."

"You'll be okay?"

"Of course I'll be okay. Worry about your team and I'll worry about mine. If you hold back on me, I'll be the first one to get angry."

Tao smirks and really, is it a wonder she's quite possibly in love with her ex-enemy-slash-boyfriend? He pecks her lips and tugs on her hair. "You'd better watch yourself on the pitch, Song Ji Hye," he whispers huskily into her ear.

She plants her own kiss on his cheek. "Bring it on, Huang Zitao."

•●•●•●•

"… I'm sorry."

"You know," Ji Hye begins drily, "when I told you not to hold back, I hadn't expected you to be the one to take me out." She cradles her broken wrist gingerly, being cautious with the still healing bones.

Tao winces. "I'm really sorry," he repeats, gently taking hold of the almost healed limb. "I hadn't meant to break your wrist."

"People never really mean to break bones, but it happens anyway."

The hospital wing is near empty, with only Ji Hye, Tao and Kyungsoo in the hospital wing. Kyungsoo is currently unconscious; Amber's aim had struck true, although she hadn't meant to knock the Slytherin Chaser unconscious. The sun is beginning to set and she knows it's a couple of hours until dinner. As much as she'd like to join her teammates to celebrate their victory (even with a Chaser down, Gryffindor had managed a slim victory, with a mere ten points lead, Jongin catching the golden snitch right under Sehun's nose – literally), she's stuck in the hospital wing overnight while the bone knits itself back together with the aid of some nasty potion.

Tao is the very picture of contrite, head bowed and posture slumped. She can't stay mad and it almost irks her, except maybe Ji Hye fancies him a little too much. She sighs and pats her cot, wordlessly telling him to sit next to her. He complies, gently grabbing her aching first and tracing it lightly.

" to be you," he jokes mildly.

Ji Hye cracks a small smile; he's said it to her a couple times when she's gotten injured ("Song Ji Hye, is there ever going to be a year I'm not going to see you in my hospital wing?" Madam Boa is constantly sighing) and she's always found it sort of ironically funny, but this time she can actually show her amusement. He flashes a small grin at her and maybe she melts a little. It's gross how much she actually likes Tao and she imagines eleven-year-old Ji Hye would be horrified. However, fifteen-year-old Ji Hye doesn't really care.

He leans down and brushes a kiss against her wrist. It still aches, but it tingles too. He looks up at her through his eyelashes and she can't help but think they've gone a long way since first year. "I'm sorry for breaking your wrist," he whispers against her skin. She feels a blush rising to her cheeks. He moves up and kisses her shoulder, never breaking eye contact. "I'm sorry I hadn't been able to stop Niel from slamming into you." Her body is on fire and her eyes are hooded as kisses a trail up her neck to her cheek, only to press a lingering kiss at the fading bruise on the pale skin. "I'm sorry Kyungsoo elbowed you."

Her good hand raises to grasp his green and silver tie, crumpling the fabric. "You apologise too much. It's so unlike you," she murmurs before pulling him down for a proper kiss.

Ji Hye is aware they haven't had much time to themselves for the past few weeks. It's mainly been Sehun and Jongin constantly hanging around them, making it impossible for them to have some alone time as a couple. It's nice, just the two of them.

The kiss is leisurely, Tao moving his lips over hers as if he's trying to sip from her, steal her very breath from her lungs. She nips at his bottom lip and he growls playfully, dark eyes glinting. She can see the want swirling in his eyes and it's comforting to know she's not the only one feeling this way. It's not long before he's hovering over her, her hands tangled in his hair (he's dyed it blonde and she finds it absolutely delicious, not that she's actually told him).

It's almost juvenile, snogging in the hospital wing like this, she thinks, but she can't bring herself to care. She nips along his jawbone, a hickey onto the junction of his neck and shoulder. His hand tugs her hair.

"Ji Hye," he moans lowly. "Merlin, Ji – "

"We're ba – BLOODY HELL!"

Tao rolls off of Ji Hye in surprise, crashing to the floor. She can hear her boyfriend cursing from the floor as she drives her head into her pillow, cursing Kim Jongin's very existence.

"My eyes," her best friend wails, covering them. "Merlin, you've tainted me!"

-0-

... Sorry not sorry.

I'm sorry, but this just had to be written. Gryffindor versus Slytherin, baby!

(isn't jongin such a er like gdi jongin let them make out they don't interrupt you and sehun)

Quidditch. It should so be a thing.

Hey, 2014! Dude... you came on fast. Happy holidays, peeps!

Commentors, I may not always reply, but let it be known that I think you guys are all cutie patooties and you make the fuzzies in my stomach go haywire I LOVE YOUS