Mexico City

The Dragon & the Missing Pearl

"How are you feeling in your first time flying?" Joo Eun asked looking at Jaejoong inhaling and exhaling, "After going through these turbulences and almost falling down twice. Peachy..."

"It's not that bad Jaejoong. But hey, at least we're alive." Joo Eun reminded him while reading a magazine.

Jaejoong narrowed his eyes at her, "Still. I won't forget back in Korea." He hissed at her.

*Flashback...two days ago*

"...Joo Eun there is no way I am not going in that flying demon." Jaejoong said drinking his tea. Once Joo Eun looks at him, she sighs, "It's the only way to get to our first temple in Mexico Jaejoong. I know this is your first time taking an airplane-"

Jaejoong hissed, "I would rather take a ship than that thing!" He glares at her.

"Jaejoong ah. People these days take airplanes to get from place to place while ships are used for the cruise line for a day or two before going back." Joo Eun explains to him while looking at the most reasonable airline prices. Ever since they got back from the library, Joo Eun began to contact her friend in Mexico that she will be coming over with a friend to explore the city and possibly finding the dragon temple. 

"Besides, you're going to meet one of your dad's friends, right?" She said and Jaejoong sigh, "About that, I don't get along with my father's friend." He confesses. "Reason why is because I made some bad influence with his son. Not to mention that I suggest to him to give some gold away to the people who needed the most since it is the right thing to do. But nope, his father doesn't like the idea." He explains to Joo Eun.

Joo Eun felt bad for her decision, but it's too late to trade the scroll back. "I'm sorry about that Jaejoong. I didn't know." She said. Jaejoong shook his head, "It's not your fault. I should've told you about the four dragons. I expect you to select the next one after a visit to Mexico." He said crossing his arms.

"That's true." She said and found a proper price, "Bingo." She smiled and right away bought the tickets. "Well, we're going there tomorrow. Start packing Mr. Jaejoong." 

Jaejoong glaring at her, "I am not going on that plane and there is nothing you can't do about it." When Joo Eun looks at Jaejoong, she takes out of her iPhone and shows it to Jaejoong, "If you don't, I'll show your weird habit photo and this" She slide the next photo of Jaejoong stuffing mooncakes into his mouth, "to Junho that you stole his sweet mouthwatering moon cakes and ate everything up."

Jaejoong's eyes widen and glaring at her, "...Why you..."

*End of flashback...*

"Ladies and gentleman welcome to Mexico City. Please make sure stay in your seat while opening the gate." The flight attendant announced.

Jaejoong sighs and made a facepalm, "So, who is your friend if I may ask?" He looks at her while getting her bag. "Her name is Mariah. I've known her since my second year in college." She replied. 

********************************************************************************************************

"JOO EUN! OVER HERE!" A maiden in her 20s shouting at Joo Eun while pushing her cart towards her. She's wearing a blue blouse, black jeans, shoes, and a bow necklace. Her hair is brown with pink highlights and wearing sunglasses.

Joo Eun smiled with glee, "MARIAH! IT'S SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!" She greets her and gave her a hug, "I'm so happy you're here Joo Eun. Welcome to Mexico and you're in for a great treat now that you're in my town." Mariah replied and turns to Jaejoong, "Well hello. Joo Eun, an introduction por favor?" Mariah looks at Joo Eun.

Joo Eun giggled, "Same old Mariah when it comes to boys. Even though she's married." She thought, "Mariah, this is Jaejoong. A friend of mine from Japan. Jaejoong, this is Mariah."

"Hola, senorita Mariah." Jaejoong greeted her in Spanish that he learned in the plane. Mariah giggled, "It's very nice to meet you, Mr. Jaejoong." She said and looking at Joo Eun, "I'm sure you and Jaejoong are hungry for real Mexican food. Am I right?" Joo Eun smiled softly, "You have no idea." She said and her stomach growled.

"I know just the place to chow down." Mariah stated and drags Joo Eun and Jaejoong to her car.

As soon as Joo Eun and Jaejoong tried the famous tortas recommended by Mariah, both of them went into cloud nine. "Oh my god." Joo Eun gulp, "This is amazing." She said while Jaejoong bit another of his torta, "Why can't South Korea think of this one?" She asks Mariah and she replied, "Maybe the proper ingredients and doesn't know the making of good meat and the sauces." 

Jaejoong gulp, "They should come to Korea and make some more." He stated and Joo Eun cleared , "Say Mariah, remember the promise that I come by just to visit not only your home but the sun temple as well?" Joo Eun asked Mariah.

Mariah looked at her, "How can I forget? You gave me a tour of your home and the historic place in Korea. Now that you're here, I can show you the historic place in Mexico. After your rest and explore the city, I can take you to the Pyramids of the Sun." Mariah replied and drank her soda.

Joo Eun smiled, "Perfect."

********************************************************************************************************

After a day of resting, Mariah took Joo Eun and Jaejoong to the Pyramids of the Sun by jeep. According to Mariah, the Pyramid of the Sun takes about almost an hour depending on traffic. While Jaejoong is sleeping, Joo Eun and Mariah are basically catching up after Mariah graduated from school. "Mariah a question." Joo Eun looks at her, "Ask away girl." Mariah smiled.

"Why do the people call Pyramid of the Sun anyway?" Joo Eun looks at her, Mariah chuckled, "According to the archeologist, they say the Pyramid was built as a tribute to the ancient god of the sun, "Tonatiuh." In order for the sun to move, the god demanded a human sacrifice so they move onto the next day. " She explained while paying the tolls.

"Yikes."

"Exactly." 

"Does this "Toantiuh" have an animal presenter?" Jaejoong groggily ask.

Joo Eun looks at him, "The dragon has awakened."

Jaejoong glares at her, "Haha."

Mariah looks at him at the review mirror, "The answer to your question is that he only has one and that is an eagle, Jaejoong." She replied.

"Thank goodness." Jaejoong and Joo Eun thought.

By the time they arrived, they're so many people taking photos, in the gift shops and looking at their maps. Soon, Mariah bought three tickets for herself, Joo Eun and Jaejoong.

Jaejoong looks at the Pyramid of the Sun and inhales the fresh air. 

"Jaejoong..." A voice called out to him. Resulting his eyes snapped open. Jaejoong looks around to see who called him, but no one came.

"Jaejoong come on! The tour is about to begin!" Joo Eun called him as he took a final glance and followed her and her friend to the tour of the Sun Pyramid.

********************************************************************************************************

The tour began on the outside of the pyramid, as Joo Eun does her best to find the clues to the Golden Dragon's location. So far, there is no any luck at all. No clues or even a riddle they can't even come across. Or so they thought. 

Inside the pyramid, their tour guide showed everyone the most intriguing inscription that no archeologists ever decipher. On top of it is some sort of stone carving with a serpent guarding something important. Once Jaejoong examines it, "What in the heavens?"

The inscription began to rearrange itself in front of him. "Joo Eun did you see that?" He asked.

Joo Eun looks at him confused, "See what?" He comes to realize that only he can see the inscriptions moving without the mortals knowing.

He leans in and whispers, "The inscription is rearranging itself. More importantly, it is transforming into my language." He said as his eyes widen and to his surprise. The inscription reveals another clue to the location of the Golden Dragon. "Joo Eun, I hope you have a fast handwriting because I'm about to read the new clue that is bestowed upon me."

Joo Eun quickly grabs her notepad and pen as Jaejoong began to read,

"O Great Dragon of Fire and Maiden of Pure Heart,

Thy come to seek thy treasure in their parts unknown,

Awake the serpent that is close to the Sun,

With that, it will begin with the fun,

However, the fun is not here,

Fun is in the heart of the Serpent"

"You got that down?" He looks at her once she closed her notepad, "Yup." Joo Eun looks around to see if no one is there.

Then she read the note, "So according to the clue, it seems to me that...the Golden Dragon is not here in this temple."

He crosses his arms, "Are you sure?"

"I'm sure."

"Then where is it?"

Joo Eun looks at the exit and replied, "...In the Serpent's Pyramid."

********************************************************************************************************

Hey ladies and gents, Owlpen is back and presenting a new chapter that is looooooooong overdue. All I got to say is that reality really stinks if you ask me. I lost my USB in the box, but I found it a couple of weeks ago. As a treat basically. What will happen next once the Golden Dragon awakens? Stay tuned!

At least two comments please thank you for waiting~