The Fire Dragon has been unleashed

The Dragon & the Missing Pearl

Hey readers, here's the new chapter as promise. So with that enjoy the story of the surprise. *took a piece of popcorn and ate it.*

********************************************************************************************************

~Recap~

Joo Eun began to pray peacefully in front of the painting with her hands closed flat. Suddenly, the candles around her went out and the door is closed shut by the wind. Joo Eun is surprised by the sound of the door, but she continues to pray in peace and calm. With that...something is about to happen.

********************************************************************************************************

*5 minutes earlier...*

At the outside of the temple, Joo Eun, Ae Cha, Ho Sook and Sun Mi are eating lunch together provided by the chef at the center. Joo Eun asked the three, "What was it like praying inside of the temple? Did something special happen like candles blew out, windows and doors are shut by the winds?" She inquired while taking a bite of her sandwich.

Sun Mi answered, "It was pretty peaceful behind the history of that temple along with the legend as well. Having the supernatural happening inside the temple? No."

"It was okay, but no unexplained moments around that temple if you ask me Joo Eun." Ho Sook shrugged and drinking her water bottle.

Ae Cha scratch the back of her head, "As much as I believe in the legend, but the happenings didn't appear of what you ask Joo Eun. At least Mr. Shin is letting you to pray in the temple once you're finished your food." She exclaims and grabbing a bite of her apple.

Sun Mi and Ho Sook nodded with Ae Cha's statement.

Joo Eun smile and gulp her food, "In fact, I'm already finish my food and heading back to the temple to start the praying sequence." She stated got up and left to the temple.

Ae Cha, Ho Sook, and Sun Mi are being amused by Joo Eun's behavior because she's very excited of being here to see the Sealed Temple. Soon, Ho Sook turns to Ae Cha and asked, "How long do you know this girl Ae cha?"

Ae Cha finished her apple and answered, "I've know her since we're in kindergarten. Joo Eun was a shy and quiet girl at first, but that changed when I was being bullied by Iseul and her crazy friends saying, "You're not pretty enough. Blah Blah." I was on the urge to cry and then Joo Eun step in saying, "Ever thought of looking at a mirror and think to yourself if you're pretty enough to find pretty boy like you?""

Ho Sook and Sun Mi were amazed of how Joo Eun said those words to Iseul as a little girl. "Iseul was shocked of what Joo Eun said and she and her friends left. Yet, before that Iseul kind of push Joo Eun to the mud puddle and the teacher was ticked of what Iseul did to her. I was shocked of what Iseul did to her. Then I pulled her up and thanking her for standing those mean girls for me. So, that's how we met and became best friends." Ae Cha smiled and drinking water bottle.

"That's a cool story, but I'm still shock that Iseul is still here. Is she here because of she wanted to be a Mythologist or just wanted to get Mr. Shi-" Ho Sook was cut off by the strong wind passing. Along with the rest of the students, they cover their lunch as fast as they can.

Sun Mi is putting her hair behind her ear, "Since when the wind became stronger?" She said and saw the entrance of the Temple door closed shut by a snap.

Ho Sook's eyes became widen, "Joo Eun is still in the temple." She mentions her while adjusting her glasses.

********************************************************************************************************

*5 minutes later...which is now*

With Joo Eun being so calm and not planning to go panic, the painting of the red dragon began to move as its eyes started to glow as well. The dragon adjusted its eyes to Joo Eun and it open it's mouth and letting out a huge roar.

Then, Joo Eun is started to freak out a little bit...okay maybe a lot. "O-okay, I take that back of thinking about the trip being simple. Just to explore the mountain and pray at the Sealed Temple that's it. But, this is not simple." She gulps,

"Instead...THIS IS SCARY!" She thought as she got up and took two steps back away from the painting.

Soon, the dragon flew out of the painting with bright red aura and stood there a man. A young man possibly four years older than her it seems. The skin of his is pure white like a lily flower. His ebony hair is long and has a half pony tail in the back of his head and the bangs are covering his face. Yet, he's wearing some unusual clothing that it looks familar to her. Of course he’s wearing a traditional hanbok with a belt strap around him.

Once he moves his bangs from his face with his fingers, Joo Eun's eyes widen because he looks like a guardian angel that fell to earth. Minus of having the wings and he came from the painting. Once he open his eyes, the color looks like fresh iron that just came out of the fire. The young man turns his head around of the temple. Then, he turns around to see the painting of only a man there praying in peace.

The man turns to Joo Eun and examining her from head to toe. As he started to walk towards her as she stood there like a stone. Soon, he began to speak, "Finally, you came. I thought you're not planning to show up anytime during your lunch. I'm delighted you came back, maiden of pure heart." He said with a simple smirk.

Joo Eun tilts her head and trying to get her sense back from this mambo jumbo. Soon, the young man chuckled, "Ah~, you don't recognize of the sound from my voice huh?" He asked poking her forehead as she smacks his hand away from her head. "Hmmm...A hard one to get the heart, it's a start." He said rubbing his hand.

Then Joo Eun touches her forehead and discovers that his touch is warm like fire, "I hate to bother, but who are you?" She asked putting her hand down and place it onto her hip.

The young man stares at Joo Eun, "I'm Jaejoong. I'm the son of the Fire Dragon." Jaejoong answered and Joo Eun's jaw drop, "No way, but it's-" She was cut off by him.

"Only a legend? No, it's real young lady. So, care to tell me what year is it?" He asked again crossing his arms.

Joo Eun sigh, "One, I'm Joo Eun and two It's 2013 the year of the snake."

Soon, Jaejoong's eyes widen, "2013?" She nodded, "Wow, I've been in that painting for a thousand years." He said looking at the painting, "It seems it was only yesterday when my father sealed me away in the painting waiting for the person to help me fix it." He mention about his past.

Joo Eun gulp, "Now that you've been free, might as well find them together right?" She asked and Jaejoong looks at her and scoff, "I was expecting to have a pretty maiden to help me find the pieces, but instead I have an eccentric girl with glasses and clumsiness." He stated making Joo Eun turn red in anger, "Yah, I'm not clumsy and accordi-"

"I'm going to find them alone whether you like it or not. Now would you excuse me? I'm going to leave this place in my dragon form." Jaejoong said closing his eyes and placing both hands between his sides just to activate his form.

However, it didn't happen, "Did I turn into my dragon form yet?" Jaejoong asked still closing. Joo Eun sigh, "No, you didn't." She said. When he opens his eyes, he stares at his hands in fear, "First my father sealed me away in the painting now he took my powers without me knowing it? He can't do this to me!" Jaejoong stated in anger.

Then the door was open and there's a priest, "Actually, he can since he is your father Jaejoong." He said walking towards Joo Eun and Jaejoong.

Joo Eun bowed, "Sir, I-" The priest raise his hand in front of her, "No need to say sorry my child. It is a destiny that you two must work together to find them." He said and turning to Jaejoong.

Jaejoong crosses his arms and smirk, "It's been awhile, Junho." He said as the priest began to glow dark green and changed into a young handsome man taller than Joo Eun, "Awhile indeed Jaejoong. You haven't changed a bit since we met last time.” Junho said.

“Anyways, your father gave the four pieces to the four dragons and one is my brother." Junho mentions as Jaejoong began to smile and open his mouth, but, "No, you won't see him. Not until you pass the other two dragons, Jaejoong. I can't take you and Joo Eun here because this is not my position. Besides, Joo Eun here has a school trip which she must attend." He stated and Joo Eun facepalm, "I forgot about it." She mumbles.

Soon, Junho patted Joo Eun's shoulder, "Not to worry, you will begin your journey once your trip and your school is complete." He said and turning to Jaejoong, "For now, you must hide from the mortals, Jaejoong. They'll be suspicious of what is happening today." He said to him.

"What about the painting?" Joo Eun asked looking at painting. "That could be arranged." Junho smiled. Soon, his apprentices came in and they’re carrying a scroll.

Joo Eun sigh in relief, "That's good." She thought. "So, what’s your position beside a priest babysitting me?" Jaejoong asked and Junho rolled his eyes, "In my position, is to give you the clue to the sacred library that is hidden for a millennia. Only the pure of heart" Junho pointed at Joo Eun, "Will know where it is by a simple riddle I shall bestow upon you two." He said holding a small scroll and opens it. It says;

Those who seek knowledge shall be known

A guide shall take you to where you go

A simple cover from hard to soft by touch

The gate will reveal underneath the tower

Only the light shall open the gate of power

Jaejoong blinked and raised one eyebrow, "That's one confusing riddle." He said crossing his arms again. Junho waits for Joo Eun's answer to this riddle and, "I got it."

Jaejoong's jaw drop and Junho smirk, "I told you. She's the guide that will help you to find of what you seek. The library is the first step and the second is the location of the dragons. So, Joo Eun and Jaejoong your quest of the pearl will begin right after her education is complete." Junho stated as Jaejoong face palm and Joo Eun gulped.

********************************************************************************************************

There, Jaejoong and Joo Eun meet and their journey is about to begin. Junho I'm referring to is Junsu's twin brother just to let you know. What does the riddle means? Can you guess?  If you love the story, at least two comments please. Thank you very much.