Hidden Library and Hidden Scrolls

The Dragon & the Missing Pearl

Hey everyone, I'm back for the time being. I'm currently attending college and also I have a job since June of last year. I was very busy here is a brand new chapter. New Chapter just for you and enjoy!

********************************************************************************************************
Next morning, Junho and Jaejoong picked Joo Eun up in front of her home. Junho helped her by putting her suitcase in the trunk as she went into the car and sat beside Jaejoong. When Joo Eun was about to say good morning to him, he ignored her and looking at the window. On the other hand, Jaejoong wouldn't even look at her for a simple and very immature reason. "So" Jaejoong said in a very boring tone to her and addressing Joo Eun as, "Miss know-it-all. What is the answer to the first riddle?" Jaejoong asked opening and closing the window as he gazed into a world of today. Joo Eun thought of his behavior is beyond rude and selfish of his needs. With a sigh she answered him, "The answer to the riddle is the library when it comes to seeking knowledge, Mr. Snobby Dragon doo doo."

He snaps his head to her, "Snobby Dragon Doo Doo? That is an insult missy." Jaejoong growled as he glares at her.

Joo Eun smirks and giving him a sassy tone, "Truth hurts Mr. Kim." When she reads the riddle Junho gave her months back she points to the word "tower", "Anyways, base on the riddle with involving the tower, it could be leading to the Gyeongbokgung Palace Garden. So, we'll start there."

Junho nod, "Exellent on the first step Ms. Jung."

"You got the last part down, but what has it got to do with the light? Also which guide that will take us?" Jaejoong asked.

Joo Eun sigh, "I'm still figuring it out at the moment. I mean, it could be any light. Moon or a simple flash light. Guide on the other hand is a different story." She explains and re-reading the riddle.

"Oh joy." Jaejoong said being all sarcastic and stretching his arms. Joo Eun glares at him, "Oh shut it Doo doo head."

Jaejoong glares at her back, "Say that to me one more time and I will-" He was cut off by Junho.

"Children be nice." He said with a facepalm.

Jaejoong scoff, "It's not my fault Ms. Know-it-all being cruel. I wou-" He was cut off by Joo Eun, "Well excuse me Oh Jaejoong the Cold of Flame. First of all, I have a name and it's Jung Joo Eun. Got it memorized?" She asked tapping her temple with her finger, "Second of all, if it wasn't for me, you would stay in that painting in the next thousand years. And finally, it's not my fault since you're being rude on the first day we met." She stated in a sassy way. 

Junho sigh and looks at the time, "Well, for now we are in fact going to give Jaejoong a tour of the city today. Maybe tonight we'll stop by at the Gyeongbokgung palace to see if you're correct." he stated.

Joo Eun takes a look on her iphone, "Of course and I know few places that he might enjoy." She said giving Junho some directions of certain destination of Seoul. Suddenly, Jaejoong looks at her with confusion and concern, "And that would be?" He asked. Joo Eun smirk, "You'll see soon enough."

********************************************************************************************************

  For the rest of the afternoon, Joo Eun took Jaejoong a lot of places from the best shopping areas of Seoul to the comforts of food. Not to mention the introduction to music which Jaejoong find it very amusing in his perspective. After the tour of Seoul, Junho dropped off Jaejoong and Joo Eun to the Gyeongbokgung palace at 5:30pm. Before Junho leaves, he gives the bag to Jaejoong filled with clothes. Jaejoong asked him why would he need extra clothes, Junho answered, "Take precaution my friend." Then, he drove away back to the hotel. By the time, they entered the palace garden, it was absoluety gorgeous. It felt like they entered a secret world of Narnia. Minus the evil White Queen hunting down the Sons of Adam and Daughters of Eve and what not. 

 Jaejoong though, he has not set foot on the palace for a long time. Still, seeing the garden in winter felt soothing for him and bringing some memories into his mind. With a cold air breathing out, he looks at Joo Eun examing the walls of the two story tower.

 He chuckled, "You just can't give up can't you?" He thought and walks to her.

 As Joo Eun brushes the walls, she notices the emblem that had been there since the ancient times. Carved in stone that took a shape of an owl with a fan as a crown. It was carrying a lantern in the center. She examines it closely and, "Jaejoong, I think I found it. The entrance to the Library." She exclaims and smile as Jaejoong clap his hands, "Well done. Now any ideas of how to find it officially?" He asked.

Joo Eung blinked and having a moment to answer his question, "Ummmm....give me a moment." She replied and looks further to the inscription and walking down to the wall.

 When Jaejoong looks at his watch, it shows 5:45pm, "Joo Eun, you might as well hurry up since it closes in fifteen minutes." He reminded her calmly. Once Joo Eun heard Jaejoong, she was reading quickly as she could. While waiting for her answers on the walls, Jaejoong caught someone's scent. When he sniffed the scent, it smells something like ancient with a hint of mint and power. But he decided to ignore it.

"Stand by a rose bush when the ural owl cries..." Joo Eun read quietly, "The sun will set on the light of Durin's Day will shine upon a key hole..." Jaejoong blinked, "Durin's Day? I have never heard about this holiday before. What is Durin's Day?" He asked in demand.

Once Joo Eun examines further, she giggled, "It's only a reference from a movie I watched." She said and Jaejoong narrowed his eyes, "Haha, very funny. Get on with it if you please." He snaps and Joo Eun rolled her eyes, "Why so serious? At least the first verse is true anyways." She mutter and read the clue again:

"Stand by a rose bush when the ural owl cries,

A silver bell will ring thrice 

A pure light will reveal upon the gate

It can be open by trial of fate" 

Joo Eun tilt her head in confusion and ponder. "A bell? What has it got to do with the bell? There's no- Oh wait." Joo Eun looks up at the tower above and behold a bell on top. However, it will be quite impossible to ring it above. So, Joo Eun looks at Jaejoong for a moment and lightly smile, "Jaejoong~." She singsang and points at the top of the tower.

 "What are you pointing at?" Jaejoong asked in annoyance, "I have a request for you." Joo Eun replied "I want you to go on top of the tower. When you hear an owl screeching, ring the bell of the tower three times." She explained to him while standing beside a rose bush. 

  With a sigh, Jaejoong went up to the tower by a simple leap. Thankfully, most of the guards were away and it's just Joo Eun and himself alone. Which Jaejoong find it very odd. "Something is very off. The guards should be here by now telling us to get out." He thought and looking at the sky. When the clock strikes six, an owl began to screech. 

Soon, Jaejoong starts hitting the bell exactly three times immedately. After hitting the third time, something happened. On the owl crest, it began to glow beating oh so gentle. Then, the gound began to expose itself in a long rounded gate. Once Jaejoong and Joo Eun saw it, they could not believe in their own eyes.

  As soon as Jaejoong landed beside Joo Eun, "That's not bad." He said to Joo Eun and she puffs her chest with pride, "Now that we found the gate, how are we going to get inside?" He asked her.

Joo Eun rolled her eyes, "You sure know how to annoy the mortals don't you?" She said to him and he shrugged. Suddenly, they hear a gentle voice of old, "The son of Mun Hee has finally return to fix his mistake."

    When they turned around, they saw a lady walking down on the palace garden. She was wearing some sort of garmet that you might see in some stories of old. Around her neck is a long fur collar to keep her warm and a pair of spetecles. Her black hair was tied to a bun leaving her bangs and hair remain. Joo Eun discovered she is not a human being at all, but an elf maiden. "I really need to stop watching Lord of the Rings nowadays." She thought to herself.

As Jaejoong walked in front of Joo Eun to protect he asked, "Since you know who I am, mind if I ask who you are?"

The elf maiden blink and smiled grace, "I am Pan So Hee, The Protecter of the Gate and the Libraian of Rising Sun Library. I've been in service since the beginning, Son of Mun Hee." She introduced herself with a bow. "Or another faker I had to put up?" She asked him. 

Jaejoong was about to say something, but he was cut off by So Hee, "To prove that you are the son of Mun Hee, you would have to go through one simple test created by your father." She said to him as she grabs something in her sleeve. 

Joo Eun looks at him with concern, "Jaejoong." 

He looks at her, "Yeah?" "A question: When you were young and separated by your father, how does he know you're his son by the time you came home covered in mortal smell?" She asked. 
Jaejoong pondered for a while, "Well-"

"The test is for you to walk pass the Field of Blessed. If you are not the son of Mun Hee, you will parish." So Hee explains to Jaejoong as he gulps, "But if you are the son of Mun Hee, you will feel no pain." She told him and smiled.

Jaejoong smirk, "Easy as pie." He leans back and whispers to Joo Eun, "There's your answer."

She blinked, "Oh." Then So Hee takes out a small pouch and pours some red dust in her hands, "Step foreword, son of Mun Hee." Jaejoong steps foreword to the front. "I hope you have some spare clothes in case of emergancy." With that said, So Hee threw the dust and it immedately went into flames on the cold snow. By magic, the flames did not melt at all. Joo Eun was awed of seeing this kind of magic.

On the other hand, Jaejoong find it very worried filled with ifs. Like: "What if his powers did not come back at all in the past three months?" "What if the flames would actually kill him?" "What if he cannot complete the quest to fix that damn forsaken pearl?" Well, there's only way to find out. With a deep breath, Jaejoong steps into the fire to be burn with his eyes closed. He can feel his clothes burning slowly in the process, but somehow his skin with the fire did not burn him at all. When he opens eyes, he saw So Hee adjusting her glasses of what she's seeing.

"You're really are Mun Hee's son." So Hee said taking off her glasses revealing her iron eyes and then, "Took you long enough." She smiled. Jaejoong smirk and feeling with pride, he can conquer anything...yet, "Before we procceed, I provided a bathroom for you to change." So Hee recommended to Jaejoong with a light blush. Once Jaejoong looks down, he is completely . Joo Eun covered her eyes with her hands and blushing. "Thank goodness he has some spare clothes." She thought and looking at his bag. Jaejoong is really embarrass of being outside...in the cold.

********************************************************************************************************

 After Jaejoong puts on his clothes and warming himself up by his familiar element, So Hee took out something that was around her neck. That object is none other than a key to the library. The center of the key has five colors that represent the elements of each dragon. It also has a magical vibe base on the designs when you think of it. Soon, So Hee, bends down to the door and inserted the key in it. When she unlocks the door, the door open like a fan being close on the ground. Once it's open, stairs appeared before them like a cylinder as the torches are light up.

"Please follow me Lord Jaejoong and Lady Joo Eun." So Hee said and went down the stairs. Joo Eun giggled, "Lady Joo Eun, I like the sound of that." She said and follows So Hee and Jaejoong behind her. The stairs went endlessly like there's no tomorrow. But hey at least it's the easy part of walking down the stairs then walking up to it. Then they saw a door looking like it came out of a book or a video game base on its design of it.

When So Hee turns to Jaejoong and Joo Eun, she smile, "Welcome Lord Jaejoong and Lady Joo Eun to the Rising Sun Library." Once she opens the door, Joo Eun's jaw dropped to the ground and went completely awed. The library was filled with endless books, genres, the sections and statues of four dragons and one dragon display in the center.

"You see Lord Jaejoong, after you were sealed away, your father and his friends came to me and asked me to watch over these four scrolls." So Hee explains to Jaejoong and shows him the four scrolls with dragon emblems of their element. "Each scroll represents a riddle of their location and the requirements of summoning the dragons." Jaejoong takes a look at each scroll base on the colors, blue, gold, green, and silver. "Are the scrolls in order on my quest or should I choose it myself?" He asked looking at So Hee.  So Hee giggled, "None, but only Maiden of Pure Heart like Joo Eun will select a scroll for you." She explains and Joo Eun takes a look of the scrolls. "Oh joy." Jaejoong said in his mind. "Joo Eun, this quest can be dangerous and there's no trading back once you choose the first dragon you'll encounter." So Hee exclaims to Joo Eun as she nods, "Okay." She thought very carefully of which scroll will she choose to meet the first dragon keeper.

"As long as she doesn't choose the golden scroll, I'll be fine." Jaejoong thought and crossing his arms, "Question though, does the dragon keepers reside in South Korea only or all over the world?" Joo Eun asked So Hee.

So Hee sighs, "I asked the same question to Lord Mun Hee, but he cannot give me the answer both of us seek." She answered Joo Eun. "That really doesn't help at all." Joo Eun stated and arms crossed. So Hee nodded, "I agreed. Whatever the location is, let's hope it won't be too dangerous and madness at the same time." She said to Joo Eun.

"That is reassuring right there." She said and examing each scroll. 

When she examines the scrolls, they contain an emblem. The golden emblem has a pair of wings, another separate wings and two swords standing side by side. The center of the gear like sun is a dragon. The silver emblem has two sided design that looks like a milky way galaxy. Under it are three stars and pearl necklaces being hanged. Of course in the center is another dragon. Green scroll's emblem is shape like a diamond. It has two hammers being crossed, along with two birds flying side by side.  Under the hammers is another dragon with two leaves and two club like staves. Finally the blue scroll emblem has crossed spears with a drop of water in the middle. Right in the center are two fishes swimming opposite direction. Right under is of course a dragon.

"Please don't choose the golden scroll. Please don't choose the golden scroll." Jaejoong said in his mind and looking at Joo Eun.

Joo Eun made up her mind and her final decision, she picked up the golden scroll. "....." That's all what Jaejoong thought in displease.

Once Joo Eun gazed upon the scroll, she looks at So Hee and asked, "If we complete one task from the dragon keeper, do we have to come back here to select the rest?" 

So Hee shook her head, "Nope, once you select one of them Lord Junho will pick them up and he'll be in charge of the scrolls for now on. Am I right Lord Junho?" She said causing Jaejoong and Joo Eun to turn their heads to snap and looks at the balcony. There he was standing and reading a novel of fallen warriors. "You are correct Ms. So Hee." He said closing the book and looks at them.

"Yah! How the heck did you get in here!?" Jaejoong asked in demand and pointing at him. Junho smiled, "Magic." He answered. "Seriously, how?"

"Stairs that leads to the entrance to the palace." Junho points to the stairs. So Hee and Joo Eun rolled their eyes as Joo Eun unravels the scroll and began to read a riddle of the location and the requirements.

"The living reptile worships and touches the sun

Sacrificing with blood and head is fun

We are weak and weary against the cold

But we are greed and well for gold

It shall be awaken by light

Once it touches a reptile of stone"

After Joo Eun reads the riddle, she sighs and realize where the location of the first dragon keeper is. "So, which destination of our first keeper resigns?" Jaejoong inquired and looking at the scroll. Joo Eun laughs a little, "You're lucky my friend lives there. I hope you're getting used to the heat Jaejoong because we're going to..." She stated and closing the scroll.

"To?" Jaejoong crosses his arms.

Once Joo Eun looks at Jaejoong, she smiled and answered, "Mexico."

********************************************************************************************************

So the quest of finding the dragons and the pieces is afoot! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! At least two comments please! Thanks for waiting this chapter! ^^

Palace Garden: 

Jaejoong his clothes before and after being burn: 

Pan So Hee and her key:  

Rising Sun Library door and itself: 

Dragon Emblems: