The Unexpected Cup of Tea

The Dragon & the Missing Pearl

I'm so, so, so, soooooo sorry for keeping you waiting ladies. School is a pain and writer's block is evil. I guess that's all of the excuse I gave you guys. Excuses about school and writer's block. To tell you the truth, I had no idea of what to do with this chapter after Jaejoong's release, but I did my best to make it simple and going to their adventure. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the new chapter. 

********************************************************************************************************

On that one fateful day, Joo Eun made a promise to Jaejoong and Junho not to tell anybody about what has happen. Junho advice to her is be normal and not to go crazy for the next four weeks.

When Joo Eun came out of the temple, she's very overwhelmed of a small, simple, and not important fate back in the temple. Scratch more like huge, important and unexpected fate that she is indeed the chosen maiden to help a spoil brat dragon on this ridiculous quest. She thought to herself why. Why her? She's just a normal girl who is into mythology and fantasies of her imagination. All she wants is to be a mythologist of what she believes in those legends. With a sigh, she has no choice, but to accept her fate as the maiden. Soon, the girls ran towards her asking questions of what happen back in the temple. She replied, "It was only a wind, girls. No big deal." She shrugged her shoulder with a simple smile.

"Though, I really hate to lie on my friends. I want to tell them that the legend is really true, but I can't because this is really secret between me, Mr. Junho and that snobby so-called, "Son of the Red Dragon." What can I do about it? It's a secret, it's a secret." Joo Eun said in mind.

Ae Cha, Ho Sook and Sun Mi sigh with their heads down, "Oh." 

"I thought you were going to be the one that will help the son of the fire dragon." Ae Cha said crossing her arms with a pout.

Ho Sook nodded, "I was expecting you to come out riding one as well." She said pouting. "Oh please, I was expecting to see the dragon in his human form. I bet he'll be extra handsome and y if you ask me." Sun Mi exclaim staring at the temple and sigh.

Joo Eun shook her head as she picks up her stuff and said, "You three can dream of the dragon all you want. For now, we should get going to catch up our classmates don't you think?"

The girls nod as they grab their stuff and left with Joo Eun. Then Iseul pops in with her harpies, "Did the dragon choose you Jung? I'll be shock that the four-eyed geek is the one to assist the dragon." She asks as her friends snicker. Joo Eun rolled her eyes in annoyance, "A legend is a legend, Iseul." She said and the girls nodded on her statement.

********************************************************************************************************

*Jaejoong and Junho's side...*

All of Junho's assistances' mouths are dropped to the ground because they saw tons of plates stacking up one by one. Even Junho couldn't believe it, "I thought the son of the Moon Dragon is worse. Yet, Jaejoong hadn't eaten for a while since his father sealed him away. I can't blame him for that on his empty stomach." He thought as Jaejoong grabs another plate of galbi. Jaejoong rips the meat from the bone with his teeth and chew the delicious meat he ever tasted it of his whole life.

Junho cleared his throat and walk towards Jaejoong, "Jaejoong, the whole world that you and I know has been changed since you were sealed away in that painting. Your powers are temporarily gone for a moment. In time, your powers will return I assure you. So, I would suggest that you should learn of how to live as a human being and also wearing the modern clothes. Plus, you need to learn behave without me around." He stated to him as Jaejoong gulp his food, "I know how  to behave like a mortal being, Junho. My mother taught me how to behave as a child. I'm just not sure of how that girl will find the library once she's finish with her...wait women goes to seek knowledge as well? Since did that happen?" He asked.

Junho nodded, "Yes even women are attending a place called, "School" to learn math, the language, and so on. Again world has change a lot and her name is Joo Eun. She is the maiden of pure heart that will help you find the four sons of the Dragons and achieving the pieces of the pearl." He explains crossing his arms. 

Jaejoong drinks his water, "How long does it take for her to complete her school?" He inquires grabbing an apple to bite.

Junho takes a quick look at Joo Eun's schedule for school with his glasses on, "According from Joo Eun, she'll be finish in three months from now. So, we got plenty of time to prepare of what's ahead with the task at hand. Most of all, for you to adjust the modern age of today and clothes they're wearing as well." He said as his assistance came with with the bag of clothes in his hands.

After Jaejoong finished his food, he stands up as walking towards Junho's assistance to examine the clothes. He's a little impress of how the modern clothes looks very simple and easy to put it on. Then Jaejoong walk towards the window to  get a glimpse of the view of the mountain scenery. Endless red, yellow and red orange leaves scattered around the regions of the mountain. He inhaled the fresh air of mother nature's creation with his eyes close and exhale to open his eyes.  Being gone for so long has kept him thinking of what he had done in the past, but now he's back ready to bring the pearl back together as one. 

********************************************************************************************************

*Three months later...*

School came to the end for the holidays, but for Joo Eun, her adventure is about to begin. When Joo Eun got home from her finals, she heard a giggle coming from the kitchen. "Huh? Unnie Jessica didn't tell me we have guests for dinner." Joo Eun thought and took her shoes off. Once she enters the dining area, her eyes widen because two familiar people are here...unannounced. First person has hazel locks with up style look. He is wearing red hoodie sweater, black leather jacket, and black pants. Finally the second person is wearing button shirt under a black sweater, blue jeans, poofy jacket and his ebony hair is cut short and up in style. Junho and Jaejoong. Two of them are in her home. And two of them are talking to her sister while drinking their tea. In a gentle manner sort of speak. 

Joo Eun thought, "What in the world are they doing here? I thought this adventure won't start til tomorrow. Why now?"

Then Junho looks at Joo Eun and smile, "Ah, Joo Eun-shii, it's good to see you again." He said and Jaejoong gave her a nod.

Jessica turns her head to Joo Eun, "Yah Joo Eun, you didn't tell me you've made new friends during your trip to the sealed temple." She said motioning her younger sister to come over here and sit down beside her. Joo Eun nodded walking to a close seat and sat down beside her sister.

"It's because you never ask, Unnie." Joo Eun answer as Jessica gave her a cup of tea to drink. 

Junho clears his throat, "Joo Eun, your sister, myself and Jaejoong had a tiny chat about you giving Mr. Kim a tour in Seoul and other regions for the next two months. After all, he's an international student." He explains while drinking his tea.  Joo Eun wasn't surprise of this idea for Jaejoong from The son of the Red dragon to a mundane exchange student.

"Though a question for Mr. Kim: Where are you from?" Jessica asks looking at Jaejoong. When Jaejoong open his mouth to answer, Junho cuts him off and replies the question, "He's from Kyoto, Japan. He and his family are Korean-Japanese citizens. They want him and his older sisters to return to their old roots of their home anyways."

Jessica blink and smile, "That is wonderful to hear about remembering of where we came from." She said as Joo Eun got up and refilling her cup of tea along with her sister and her guests.

Junho nodded, "Indeed. This is why we need your sister to retrace his steps of his home. We'll make sure your sister is safe under the eyes of me and my folks. So, will you be okay for your sister to give Mr. Kim a tour for two months under my care?" He inquire and being a smooth gentleman. Jessica thought for a moment and looking at Joo Eun, "Will you be okay by yourself living with the boys?" 

Joo Eun looks at Jessica, "As long as father doesn't know where I am living with boys, than I'll be fine." She answers and Jessica shook her head and smile, "I know father will reject the idea, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt a fly." She stated and turns her head to Junho and Jaejoong, "You got yourself a deal, Mr. Junho." She said with her hand in front of Junho as he shook her hand.

"Exellent, we'll pick your sister up tomorrow at 10:30am. Joo Eun-shi, we'll be looking foreword for our adventure in Seoul for Jaejoong" With that said from Junho, Joo Eun and Jessica escorted Junho and Jaejoong out to the door and give them a good-bye...for now at least. 

********************************************************************************************************

*Grand Canyon, Arizona...*

Inside a cave hidden in the canyon, a group of archaeologists were digging up some dinosaur bones and fossils for examination at the lab and displaying it in the museum. However, one archeologist stumbles upon an unexpected item that shouldn't be in the cave at all. A vase. A black vase with golden handles to be precise. It has a golden dragon in front flying above the clouds and mountains as well.

"Well look it here." A gentleman named, Carl said and holding a vase up close and personal. "Seems one of people from China or Korea must've left this vase in this region." While examining the vase, little did Carl know something or someone is waiting to be release and willing to have revenge soon enough. 

********************************************************************************************************

*Pictures*

Junho: 

Jaejoong: 

Vase: 

Thank you ladies for waiting for an update! Well, being gone for so long can be a pain in the neck for the last two years. Having a writer's block and lower determination is a pain too. Yet, it does not mean I cannot abandon my work. I will do what I can to update the story. You know the rules: At least two comments for an update. 

Also...I would like to have a poster and a background on behalf of "The Dragon & the Missing Pearl." If you ladies know someone or experience creating a poster, feel free to give me a private message. Thank you again!