There's a Legend

The Dragon & the Missing Pearl

First chapter is here to bring it on with the BANG! Enjoy. :3

********************************************************************************************************

~Prologue~

   Long ago in the ancient lands, nine dragons rule and they're the most powerful creatures on earth. Each dragon represents an element of their enormous power. The nine elements of the dragons are; water, earth, sun, moon, mist, ice, shadow, thunder, and fire. The dragons are so powerful; they couldn't control their own powers at will. One day, the gods granted each dragon a single pearl. Each pearl contains the magic of the dragon. The gods told the dragons to use the pearl and their powers for good. If they use it for evil, the pearl will turn black and the dragons will become evil as well.

   The five dragons use their powers for good and keeping the pearl pure and white as possible. Especially, to heal the mortals in their most need. The earth dragon granted fruits, vegetables, and trees to the mortals as food and shelter. The water dragon granted pure fresh water for the mortals to drink and bathe. The sun and moon dragons granted day and night for the mortals of when to sleep and when to rise. Finally, the fire dragon granted fire to the mortals so they can be warm for winters, light in their homes at night and to cook their food. The five dragons done the best deed in their lives and the gods are joy by their work.

   But, for the four dragons...they did something completely different. They became greed and took them without questions and using the powers of darkness. The ice dragon gave the coldest winter and froze the mortals to death. The thunder dragon gave the heaviest thunder storms and shoot lighting at the home of the mortals. The mist dragon eats the materials in its path living the mortals no food or shelter. Finally, the shadow dragon capture the mortal shadows to use them nothing but chaos. One by one they've become evil and their pearl changed into black.

   In the mountains of the night, the four dragons declare war and bringing the world into darkness. The mortals were killed and the brink of the extinction. The five dragons had enough of their evil deed. So, they ask permission to the gods if they can end this war. The gods granted their permission and advice to them by wisdom, "You cannot slay a flower, but you must plant it into the pot and place it away into the ground." With that, the five dragons enter the battle and began battling the four. The battle last for up to five to seven years and the five dragons became tired from fighting. The four dragons are too powerful to be killed. Soon the five dragons realize about the god's word. Instead of killing their kind, the five loyal dragons sealed the evil four away into the vases and hidden from the world so the mortals won't find them.

   Time passes by, the five dragons water, earth, sun, moon and fire bare children. The water and earth dragon have two sons and the three dragons have one. The five sons must know how to use their powers properly, following the rules and the punishment if they don't follow the rules. Including one rule; never fall in love with a mortal. The five dragons taught everything they know to their sons so they can carry on their legacy. Then, one day the son of the fire dragon went mad and using the powers beyond in compare. Soon, he dropped the pearl and broke into four pieces by accident. The fire dragon was so furious; he wanted to turn his own son into a mortal. Instead, the fire dragon sealed his own son into the painting. After he sealed his son, he stated, "I will not release you my son, but a mortal with pure of heart will. The mortal will assist you of fixing the pearl once you find all four pieces of it." The fire dragon left with the four pieces of the pearl into the shadow.

********************************************************************************************************

~Present time Fall~

   On the morning of fall, in the heart of Seoul, the citizens are up and ready to start the day of their daily lives. The children and teenagers left to school. Mothers and fathers left to work or stay home to clean and cook for their families. At the Hannam-dong, Yongsan district, there's a modern ellipse apartment with cool gray around with a dash of concrete details in sight.

   Inside the apartment kitchen is a nineteen year old girl wearing her blue sleeve shirt with a rubber duck in the middle, an apron, red pants, and shoes. Her hair is down and the color is dark brown. The young girl is preparing breakfast. In truth, she's not alone because she has two roommates aka her two older sisters. After the meal is complete, she puts her apron away and walked down to the first bedroom door.

   When she knocks the door, "Unnie Jessica, breakfast is ready." She announces.

   Once the door is open, a twenty-four year old lady came out wearing white sleeve shirt, white knitted jacket, and jeans. Her hair is dirty blond and wavy down. "Ara, Krystal. Go check your second sister if she's up or not on her studies again." Jessica said patting Krystal's head and left to the kitchen room combing her hair with her fingers.

   Krystal nod and walked to her other sister's door. She knocks on the door and informing her its breakfast, but there's no response. When Krystal opens the door, she saw her sister sleeping under the books and papers on her study table.

   With a sigh, "She needs to go to her own bedroom instead of the table." Krystal thought and walks to her side. Then, she shook her sister's shoulder gently, "Unnie~, you're drooling your work again and breakfast is serve. It's time to get up." She said.

   When the twenty-three year old maiden yawns, she rubs her eyes and revealing her messy brown hair. She's wearing her black sweater, and gray sweats. "What time is it Krystal?" The maiden ask stretching her body. "Enough time to freshen up yourself, your clothes and eating breakfast before you head out to school Unnie Joo Eun." Krystal giggles. Once Joo Eun heard her sister's words, she pokes her cheek, "Ara, I'll be freshening up before you know it my dear sister." She stated and left to the bathroom to brush her teeth and washing her face.

   Seven minutes later, Joo Eun came to the table wearing her white ruffle shirt, gray jacket, scarf, black shorts, black tights, brown high heel boots and brown handbag with her glasses on. Once she sat down, she started to eat her food with her two sisters. "Joo Eun-ah, how's your report on folktale going?" Jessica asked drinking her tea.

   "The report is good and ready to present Unnie." Joo Eun replied while eating her rice.

   Krystal gulped her food, "What's your topic Unnie?" She asked.

   Joo Eun gives her sister a smirk, "The legend of the Nine Dragons my sister." She answered making Krystal shiver. "Can you do the nine tail fox instead?" She asked.

   Joo Eun shook her head, "No can do since it's due today." She smile and looking at her, "Besides, that is appa's favorite subject since he's the mythologist in this one." She mentions it and looking at the photo of their family potrait.

   Jessica nod while looking at the potrait as well, "And umma's least favorite creature. The story says that the nine tail fox turns into beautiful women and stealing men's liver and the heart." Jessica said wiggling her fingers.

   Joo Eun and Krystal laugh at their eldest sister, "Which is why she's a little jealous on foxes take the form of the beautiful women and protecting appa from one. At least appa and umma are fine back in the U.S." Joo Eun giggles. When she checks the time, her eyes widen, "Whoops, gotta go, I'm late." She finished her food, got up and putting the dishes away. Joo Eun walks to her bedroom, grabbing her materials, her research that she printed out, and putting them into her handbag along with her keys.

   "I'm off to school!" Joo Eun announces putting her shoes on and left. "Have a good time at school!" Jessica said while Krystal waving at Joo Eun with her spoon in .

********************************************************************************************************

   When Joo Eun goes in the garage, she grabs her key and unlocks her toyota avalon. Then Joo Eun goes in and starting her engine and left to her school. 45 minutes later, she has arrived to her school as parked the car and heading straight to her class.

  Once she settled in her seat, her best friend, Ae Cha came and sat beside her, "Hey Unnie Joo Eun." She greeted her wearing a warm gray turtle neck, black jacket, black scarf, black handbag, black pants and black short boots. Her black hair is short up to her should and neck area.

  "Hey Ae Cha, how's your research going with the supreme god of the world?" Joo Eun asked putting her text book and notebook on the table along with her pen and her usb plug. "I'm beat from finding the info on it. It took me a week to finish the report on it." Ae Cha answered with a sigh.

   Joo Eun giggled at her friend's behavior with work, "At least it was worth it Ae Cha." She stated. Ae Cha nod, "That's true, but you got more access because of your dad is a Mythologist and teaching students in the states." She mentions to Joo Eun.

   She glares at her playfully, "Do you wish you want your dad to be a Mythologist instead of a Baseball Player?" Joo Eun asked. Ae Cha shook her head, "I'm good with that. Ah! Mr. Shin is here looking dashing as ever." She said and looking at Mr. Shin coming into the class.

   Mr. Shin Hyesung is wearing white button sleeve shirt, black vest, black tie, pants and shoes. "Good morning class, let's get started with the attendance, the lecture and your presentation on the topics you have chosen." Mr. Shin announces while getting his slideshow and began doing attendance. Minutes went by, with the lecture and taking notes, Joo Eun gaze at the window and looking at the Han River from here. The students were asking question of how, why, and commenting on the topic Mr. Shin is talking about.

   After the lectures and presentation, the class has come to an end. "Remember class, next week is the field trip to the Sealed Temple! Make sure you have your permission slip sign!" Mr. Shin stated and the students give the paper work to their teacher and left.

  "That I'm looking foreword to see it!" Ae Cha smile with her paper return and so does Joo Eun. "You're not the only one Ae Cha." She said looking at Ae Cha.

  Ae cha looking at Joo Eun, "I wonder they have the painting when the Fire Dragon sealed his own son away." She said walking backwards, "Of course they'll have it, Ae Cha. That is why it's called, "The Sealed Temple."" Joo Eun mention.

  "I’m just saying. I hope I'll be the one to help the poor son into fixing his pearl he broke it in the past. Why would he break his father pearl anyway?" Ae Cha stares at Joo Eun.

  She shrugged, "I don't know, but whatever it is, it's personal between him and his father." Joo Eun said.

********************************************************************************************************

*Pictures*

Apartment: 

Krystal: 

Jessica: 

Joo Eun and her car:  

Ae Cha: 

Mr. Shin(I'm referring to Shinhwa member :D): 

Interesting start for the first chapter huh? Well, you know the rules; at least two comments please. In order of a new chapter, two comments will do. Later!