Rollercoaster

Ti Amo

"Kim? Wake up." Pie shook Kim but noticed that she's already wide awake but looking blankly in space while hugging her pillow. "Aren't you gonna get up yet?" she added.

Kim squint then shrugged. "I don't know. It's saturday. Why the rush? It's still early and you're already here."

"Well, i'm hungry and i have no one who'll accompany me . Maybe we could go somewhere to have breakfast?" Pie suggested.

"I just had grocery last week. Why don't you cook instead?" Kim answered.

"Eiii. Don't you wanna go out?" 

"Nope." 

"What's bothering you?" Pie curiously asked her.

"Nothing."

"You sure? C'mon, i know you." Pie shot her an evil look.

"It's just dad. He called me earlier just to nag at me."

"About what?"

"This and that. Anyway, forget it, it'll just ruin my day."

Pie stood up and pulled Kim's arm. "Get up. Let's go out."

Kim grunts. "Argh! Fine. I'll just take a bath ok."


At the restaurant.

"Hey, time really flies so fast isn't it? Next week is our last week. Then vacation. I'm excited for it after stressful months at uni." Pie excitedly said.

Kim keeps on eating like she's  thinking something and doesn't pat attention to Pie.

"Hey Kim! Are you ok?" Pie pats Kim's shoulder. 

"Yes I am."

"Is it still about your dad?"

"Kind of." Kim shook her head. "Let's eat. It's nothing."

"Anyway, about Greece. I think it's just gonna be you and i."

"Why so?"

"Well, i've already talked to Jane and the rest. They all need to finish something cos' if they don't, they might fail. They we're given schedules for remedials and it covered our getaway dates so they needed to cancel their tickets."

"Let's cancel ours too. It's supposedly our group's vacation. And it will be unfair if we'll go there without them."

"Hmmm. I don't mind. Errr what are we gonna do then for a month." Pie too a sigh. "I don't want to be stucked in my apartment and be bored."

Kim laughed silently as she thought of something while playing on the food on her plate.

Pie tried to get her attention and kicked Kim's leg. "Hey! What's so funny??"

"I have an idea."

"Idea?? And what could that be?"

"Hmmm I am going to make you a better person."

Pie look at her an confused. "Am......I a bad person??" 

Kim shook her head and smirked. "What i meant...is that.....uhhhh....i'll make you even prettier so you can have a boyfriend.."

"Eh???" Pie got more confused. "Why do i need a boyfriend?? And who are  you to decide whether i need a boyfriend or not??" 

 
Kim smiled and stared at her. "So that when i'm gone, someone will protect  to my bestfriend." she instantly pulled a serious face and stood up. "Let's go now." she said and strode away.
 
Pie creased her forehead. "Oii. What do you mean gone?" she said as she followed Kim. 
 
Kim looked at her blankly. "Just in case Pie. I can't be forever at your side." 
 
"Are you serious?" Pie whispered.
 
Kim nods and continued to walk away leaving Pie standing there and confused. Kim stopped and turned her back to Pie and outstretch her arm wanting Pie to held her hand. Pie smiled at her and went near her, she held Kim's hand and they walk together silently and both smiling.
 
 
Pie's POV
 
As i hold her hand, it made my heart beat faster and faster. I don't know why she said those words, but as soon as i heard it coming from her. It felt like my heart crushed into tiny pieces. Is she going away? When? And why? Those are the questions i have in my mind. I hope that it wont happen, for several years that we are always together, not seeing her for a long time will be a total torture for me. Maybe i'm already used to it, teasing each other, eating together almost everyday, watching movies together or even playing video games wherein i always lose the game..some of the things we always do together. And just to add, i love being her human alarm clock...I don't know what's happening to me lately. I am full of questions, doubts and unsure feelings. I am.......developing this feeling towards her that shouldnt be existing in the first place. Am i starting to like her? No....i shouldnt be...But i couldnt do anything if my heart started to speak or can i? Is this what they so called falling in love...? The feeling when we get closer physically especially when we hold hands, just like now, or even when she took a glance at me is like riding a rollercoaster where my inner parts is being scrunched while my heart palpitates on above normal rate. I question myself sometimes, isn't it supposed to be weird having this kind of feeling towards same ? Sometimes, i want to stop myself from feeling this kind of unexplainable....what should i call it? Sentiment?    Sigh. Everything is so complicated when mind and heart started debating.
 
 
 
Kim pinched Pie cheeks. "Are you with me??"
 
"Huh?"
 
"I've been talking to you but it feels like your not with me." Kim softly laugh.
 
"Oh sorry. I'm just thinking abou something." Pie scratched her head.
 
"I said do you wanna go see a movie?"
 
"Uhh no. I dont feel like watching a movie right now." 
 
"Okay i have an idea. Let's go shopping." Kim suggested.
 
"Kim...i'm on a tight budget right now."
 
"Nah...my treat ok? Pay me after 20 years."
 
"Eh? Cmon i dont want you to spend money just for shopping especially to me."
 
Kim glared at her a bit her lips angrily. "Will you just go with me?! And stop complaining??" Kim grabbed her hand and started to drag her into different stores.
 
After they had shopping. They head to Pie's apartment carrying lots of shopping bags.
 
Kim rested on the couch and dropped all the stuff she carried. "That was exhausting."
 
Pie sat beside her. "And expensive......" she added.
 
"Shut it Pie. It's just a couple of dresses and shoes plus the make ups." 
 
"Yes but those are expensive."
 
"Are you really that poor?" Kim chuckled.
 
Pie hit her on her head lightly. "I'm just a wise spender. Why do i have to buy expensive stuff if there  are good things that can be bought on cheaper price."
 
"I know that. But once in a while you should buy some things worth having as a treat for yourself. Right?"
 
"Whatever you say. Your lucky you were born wealthy."
 
"Yep. Or else i'll be dead by now." 
 
"What do you mean? Are you gonna die?" Pie seriously asked and stared at her 
 
"Yep." Kim said and she stared back at her and laughed. "Look at your face. Haha" she pointed at Pie's face and tried to stop laughing. "What i meant, i love buying expensive stuff and whatever things that i like. And if i dont have the "wealth" i probably die just dreaming those." 
 
"Your crazy spoiled brat." 
 
Kim sighed and laughed softly. "Whatever you say."  Kim went nearer to Pie, face to face. She fondled her cheeks while she slowly scanned Pie's face.
 
Pie's heart is trembling as she was surprised to what Kim's doing to her. "What are you doing?" she whispered.
 
"Relax. I'm not going to kiss you." Kim chuckled. "Your skin is good. Eh? You need to learn how to put make up on your face. Good thing we both hypoallergenic make ups."
 
"Uhhh---Yeah good thing." Pie muttered. "Uhm? You gonna stay the night?" she added.
 
"Nope." Kim checked her watch. "I'm actually going home now. I'll see you tomorrow ugly duckling." Kim kissed her forehead. "Goodnight." she added.
 
Pie was surprised when Kim kissed her forehead. She touched her forehead as she look at Kim strode away.
 
Kim turned her back and smiled. "Hey lock your doors ok? Bye. See you in the morning." and she closed the door.
 
Pie walked towards the door to lock it. She took a peek on the peephole to see Kim leave. She smiled as she touched her forehead again. And she sighs with relief.
 
Kim arrived in her house and went to her bed. She took her phone out and noticed that her dad kept on calling her since this morning. She browsed her inbox and read her father's text message. Kim, i already sent your ticket on through email. I'll be expecting you in New York after a month. It's for your own good my love. Daddy and Mommy loves you. Kim sighed after she read the text message on placed her phone on the sidetable and closed her eyes.