Metamorphosis

Ti Amo

Kim woke up first. She slowly opened her eyes and noticed that Pie's arm is resting on her chest, she was startled and widened her eyes, but instead of making such noise, she took Pie's arm slowly out of her chest. She stood up and went out of her bed heading to her couch, she sat down and ruffled her hair and stared at Pie's comfortable position, arms and both legs are stretched out with her mourh slightly opened. Kim's a bit irritated because she should be still sleeping if Pie's not around. Kim always woke up late every weekend, but because of Pie, she was forced to wake up early. Because of too much annoyance, Kim grabbed his pillow and hit Pie on the face. "Hey!!! Hey!!!" Kim shook Pie so hard after she hit her with pillow and doesnt even responded to it. Pie is not responding still after Kim shook her. "Your not gonna wake up aren't you?!" she muttered. Kim went on top of her. She covered and pinched her nose. "Let's see..." after a moment, Pie woke up, catching her breath and Kim immediately went on her side. "Hoo...Hoo...Hoo...I can't barely breathe..." Pie said as she catch her breath and glared at Kim. "What did you do this time Kim?!" she asked Kim. Kim went out of her bed and dust her clothes and calmly answered her. 

"Oh well, i covered your nose and mouth." 

"Are you planning to kill me??!" Pie shouted and threw pillow at Kim.

"Your so hard to wake up. I even hit you with a pillow, ON YOUR FACE!! No response at all. So, i came up with that idea." Kim explained.

"You're unbelievable!!" Pie shouted again.

"Oh, so it's my fault?? That's my bed. You were drunk last night. And on top of that, watching you sleep is really irritating. You're like a dead frog on my bed. Stretching out your arms and legs like that." Kim explained.

Pie grunted and went out of bed, stomping her feet towards the kitchen. "I'm hungry. Don't you have any foods here?" Pie opened the fridge and saw nothing but water containers.

Kim went near her and pushed her. "Hey, first my bed, now you want my foods??" 

Pie pushed her back and pulled her hair. "You don't have foods! You dumb." 

Kim went near her fridge and widely opened it, taking closer look in it. "Wow!!! I forgot to do groceries."

"I bet you did." Pie answered.

"Let's just order pizza." Kim suggested.


After an hour. Their pizza came and they decided to be lazy all day. They both sat down on the couch while watching movie. But all of the sudden, Pie remembered something that leads to interrogating Kim.

"Hmm...Kim? Where were you last night before you went to Jane's place?"

"Somewhere." Kim answered while still focus on watching movie. 

"Oh c'mon. Seriously?" Pie  said.

"Sigh. I told you, i went to Aunt In's restaurant." 

"You went there to meet Yam didnt you?" 

Kim stared at Pie seriously. "Sigh. Yes. I did. I tried one more time to convince her." 

"And what happened?" 

"Well...same answer."

"When? When are you going to stop Kim?"

"I don't know. Maybe I won't? I don't have any idea." 

"You keep on hurting yourself...That's not love anymore. You're being selfish." 

"What do you know about love? Huh? You don't have a boyfriend, you NEVER had a boyfriend." 

"That doesn't mean i never fell inlove." 

Kim widened her eyes and look seriously at Pie. She get her face nearer to Pie's and trying to annoy her. "You??????? Fell in love?????? Hahaha is that a human?? Huh? Huh?"

Pie pushed Kim's face away from hers and bite her lips with annoyed expression on her face. "Why are you so mean to me huh? Ofcourse i did. But he didnt like me. Oi, tell me, am i really that ugly??"

Kim tried to pull a serious look and controlling her laughter. "Pieeeee, Pie, Pie, Pie, are you really asking me that question?" Kim said as she fixed Pie's hair. 

"Is that a yes?" Pie stared at her with innocent look.

"Don't make me say it." Kim shook her head while her eyes closed and still trying not to laugh. 

Pie's face started to crumpled and controlling her tears. "I'm ugly."


Kim started to panic so she grabbed Pie's face to open and grabbed a slice of pizza and stuffed it on Pie's mouth. "Sssshhh don't cry. Just eat. You'll get uglier when you cry." 


Pie took the pizza off and slapped Kim on her face. "You crazy!! One day, i'll be pretty. Muahaha! And i'll ignore you."

Kim rested her arm on Pie's shoulder. "Sigh. That will never happen."

"What? Ignoring you?" Pie answered with all confidence.

"No!! The getting pretty part. Hahaha!" Kim laughed out all loud. 

"Your so full of it." Pie grumbled.

"Ok enough now. Let's continue eating." Kim grabbed a slice of pizza and eat it and Pie laid down on Kim's lap while browsing her phone. 

"Kim, Jane texted me and we're gonna go shopping and watch movies with Boy and Nerd...Do you wanna go too?"

 
"Nah i'll just stay here and be lazy all day. And i need more sleep too."
 
"Ok then. I'm gonna go and get dress up now."
 
"Are you going back later?"
 
"Maybe no. I'll stay at Jane's apartment."
 
Kim yawned and headed to her bed. "Lock the door when you live. I'm gonna sleep."
 
 
At the mall's restaurant.
 
Pie scanned the area to look for Jane. Jane saw her and waved at her. Pie immediately went to the table where Jane and others are sitting.
 
"So what are we gonna do today?" Pie asked as she sat down.
 
"We'll just have shopping and watch movies as we planned." Boy answered.
 
"Ooo i have a better idea. Why don't we go to salon and have a total make over?" Jane suggested. 
 
Pie faked a smile and tried to object. "You know i'm not into that kind of stuff."
 
"Oh c'mon Pie. For once try to learn how to groom yourself. In fact, Kim's right, you look..." Jane tried to explain but Pie interrupted
 
"Ugly?" Pie said while she narrowed her eyes.
 
"I didnt say anything." Jane replied.
 
"Let's do this." Pie muttered. 
 
All of them went to salon, they had a total make over and for Pie, she never done this before so she's feeling a little bit awkward and shy. The sylist started with her hair, plucked her eyebrows, did make up on her face, pedicure and manicure. After the make over the girls were all wowed with the big improvement to Pie. They even went shopping, they suggested Pie to wear contact lenses instead of hideous eyeglasses. They also convince Pie to buy tons of dresses instead of wearing jeans and shirt, they bought make ups too. It's gonna be a big change for Pie, physically. Jane and other friends wants to bring Pie's more feminine side.
 
It's already late when they arrived at Jane's apartment. And all of them are exhausted. 
 
"This is so tiring." Nerd complained.
 
"Oh yeah. It really is, but it was fun." Boy replied.
 
Jane went near Pie to praise her as she fix Pie's hair. "It's really fun especially seeing Pie's transformation."
 
"Do i look ok? Im not comfortable with this." Pie asked.
 
"Oh wayyyyyyy better." Boy said.
 
"Really?" Pie confirmed.
 
"Yes. A lot of guys will be after you." said Boy.
 
Pie looked herself in the mirror and touched her face. "I look different now." 
 
Boy scratched his head. "We shouldve done this before." 
 
And they all laugh. 
 
"Cmon girls let's all go to sleep. It's been a long day." Jane suggested.
 
 
They all went to bed and slept except Pie. Pie couldnt believe that she looks so much better now. She wonders what Kim's reaction will be. Why do I even bother about her opinion? Whatever, she will never be nice to me anyway. But i hope she'll like it. Oh wait, her opinion shouldn't matter anyway. What was i thinking. Arggh from now on, i'll try to be more feminine.
 
Pie grabbed her phone and typed in something and sent it to Kim.: "Hey Kim, i have a surprise by Monday. Lol"
 
After few minutes. Kim replied.: "Surprise your ! Good nite ugly duckling." 
 
Pie dropped her phone furiously on her side and closd her eyes as she muttered. "Stupid Kim."