Sorrows

Ti Amo

Kim went to the university really early to meet her friends and have breakfast with them. She feel so lightheaded after sleeping so late last night. She walked all the way from her apartment to the cafeteria where all her friends are waiting for her. Kim took her phone out when she heard her phone ringing and answered it.

"Pie? What now?" as Kim answered.

"Where are you? Honestly?" Pie responded on the other line. 

"Im almost there. I'm walking so can you please chill? Bye." Kim ended the call without waiting for Pie to respond. "What an impatient duck. Pff." she said to herself.
 

She arrived at the cafeteria and scanned the area and when she finally found them, she dropped her backpack on the floor and sat on the chair. Kim sighed and and forcefully leaned back on the chair, she tilted her head and stared on the girl sitting beside her, facing this "new girl's back" and seemed like that girl is fixing something on her bag that was placed on her side. Everyone noticed that Kim is wondering who the girl is. The girl finally turned her her back and it's Pie, a different Pie, the one who is so feminine wearing light make up on her face, no weird eyeglass and well fixed hair. Kim tilted her head on the other side but still facing her, she creased her forehead and can't believe what she's seeing now, still haven't said any single word. Pie on the other hand gave Kim a what-the-hell-are-you-doing kind of look. 

 
She---She is really pretty. I didn't know that she can turn out this pretty. Wait am I dreaming or something? Kim though to herself.
 
Pie snaps her finger just to get her Kim's attention. "Hey! Are you ok?" 
 
Kim gave her an uninterested look and blank stare. "Yes I am. Uhh? Pie?" 
 
"Yes?" 
 
"By any chance, are you experiencing depression??" 
 
"What??! What are you talking about??" Pie squalled.
 
"What have you done to yourself??" 
 
"Do i look pretty now? Huh?" Pie asked Kim with full confidence and smirked.
 
Kim stared at her from head to toe and yawned. "You still look.......Hmm....Plain?" and she chuckled.
 
"Plain??!!" 
 
"Yep." 
 
Boy interrupted when he noticed the two arguing. "Kim, from a very disgusting caterpillar, she turned to a very beautiful buttrerfly. Can't you see? It's called metamorphosis."
 
Kim nudged Nerd's arm sitting on her other side. "Hey Nerd, did you just heard what Boy said? Huh?Meta what???!"
 
Nerd just stared at her with blank expression.
 
"Geez nerd. Your like one of the walking dead sometimes." Kim scoffs.
 
Pie lightly hit Kim on her arm. "It's metamorphosis you idiot."
 
Kim sighed. "You guys, sometimes I don't understand you. Really. Can't you just use any words that won't exceed ten letter words??"
 
"You know what, Yam is really an intelligent woman. I wonder why she even liked you." Pie frustratingly said. 
 
"What!?!? Are you saying i'm stupid?? Huh??" Kim raised her voiced.
 
"No....im just saying you're  not that intelligent..." 
 
Kim nudged Nerd again and whispered. "It's just the same right??" Nerd shrugged. And Kim pouted her lips with annoyance and gave Pie a sharp stare. "Hey you ugly duckling!" pointing at Pie. "Just because you wear a make up and took your eyeglass off and fixed your hair...doesnt mean your pretty!! You're still ugly!! Ugh!! I'm outta here." Kim took his bag and went out heading to their classroom early. 
 
All of them were laughing and Pie was startled. "Was she mad??haha." 
 
"You know she's always that childish. One of her cutest side right?" Jane said.
 
"Especially when she crumpled her nose or pout her lips. What a baby." Boy added.
 
"Yeah she's always that cute." Pie added too.
 
Jane pushed Pie lightly. "Oyyy you have a crush on your bestfriend." 
 
Pie strongly disagree. "Hey no, we're just friends. And i don't see myself having a relationship with tom." I guess. She said to herself on her thought. 
 

Pie and her friends are all on their way to their classroom when Yam accidentally bumped into her. 

"Pie! It's you! Oh i'm sorry i wasn't looking. I was fixing this papers." Yam said as she show all the papers she has on her hands.

"No it's okay. I didn't get hurt at all." Pie smiled at her.

"Anyway...you look..." Yam said with a fake smile.

Pie continued Yam's sentence. "...different?" 

Yam chuckled.."Keep that kind of look. It suits you more. Anyway i have to go now." and she walked away.

"I didnt know you two are closed." Boy noticed.

"We used to be. Until everything gets complicated between her and Kim. Longstory. Anyway let's go now." 


After their class Pie was looking for Kim but ahe can't seem to find her. She asked everyone who's still in the class if they have seen her but unfortunately, none of them noticed her. 

Pie texted Kim: "Hey Kim where are you?!" 

It's been a couple of hours ago before Kim replied.: "Sorry I went home right away."

Pie replied.: "I'll be there."

When Pie finally arrived at Kim's apartment, not even her shadow is in her apartment, it's empty but all the light were on. She then decided to call Kim and she's all upset. 

"Hey Kim!!! Where are you??" 

"What? I'm here at the rooftop."

Pie rushedly went to the rooftop and there, she saw  Kim grabbing a bottle of Tequila and staring at the moon with tears in her eyes. It's a different Kim that she's seeing right now, a kind of Kim who's fragile, a very soft side of Kim that she never seen. Pie sat beside her and stared at the moon as well.

"Kim...."

Kim scoffs. "This is the first time you saw me cry. This is embarassing." as she wiped her tears.

"Kim....i'm your bestfriend..we might be always brutal to each other, but you know you can always lean on me.." Pie stared at her.

"I just don't want to involve you guys in all my sorrows. Most of the time, i just want to isolate myself from everyone."

"Kim that's not right. We are your friends, and we're always be here to cheer you up. Especially me. Kim? Do you always do this? You know being alone?"

"Most of the time yes. This is the only time where i can think. Peacefully" 

"Kim, please. I don't want yoy to go through this by yourself." 

"Pie...?"

"Yes? Kim..?"

"Have you ever tried to revisit a chapter in your life just to check where did you go wrong?" 

"What do you mean? Is this about Yam again?" 

Kim sighed with her tears streaming on her face and nods. 

"Pie...i'm trying to move on..but i guess what other people said was right..it's really hard to forget someone who gave you so much things to remember."   

"Kim, you'll keep remembering her if you keep doing this. That's why were here, do not isolate yourself from us. And we promise, especially me, that we will always cheer you up. And try to keep yourself more busy." 

"I'm sorry Pie. I will try my best to keep going. It just so hard for me to take it all, i know it's been 2yrs now since we broke up. But she's my first love...She already moved forward..But me...? I was left there, standing on the same spot where she left me. And what hurts the most is that I always see her, and we try to keep on ignoring each other like we are total strangers." 

"Kim, i understand, but only yourself can help you to move forward too. We're  just here to back you up whenever it's hard for you to walk on by...And that's what i'm doing right now..

"Pie....thank you..." 


Pie fondles Kim's face and wiped her tears. Kim couldnt control her emotion finally cried out with all her heart. She hugged Pie like a kid while she sobs and Pie hugged her back and pets Kim's head.