Differences

Ti Amo

Pie's POV

I stayed the night with her. She was so drunk and broken, i couldn't leave her alone. And as far as I remember i'm sleeping alone here on the floor and now that i woke up, she's lying here beside me. She's facing at me, looking her while she sleep is really great, her face is so calm and innocent. Anyway, she's my bestest friend in our clique. Kim, to be honest, is such a bully when it comes to me but i'm used to it and it's kind of our normal routine. If one of us is silent the whole day? That's not normal for us. I don't know what's wrong with that, but Jane and the rest of our friends always bewildered because of our craziness that even us could not explain. Kim is crazy most of the time, she makes fun of me, she always bullies me and whatever things that could make me feel annoyed. As we all know, Kim is a tom but she's still have her girly side most of the time..for example, she still use curtsy the way a woman should do, she fixed herself for like more than an hour, she's too neat when it comes her house and everything is so  organize, she cooks really great and on top of that, if she's your friend, she'll care for you like someone with her own blood. Those characteristic of her made me stay as her bestfriend although my parents somehow disagree with me hanging out with her simply because she's a tom. Well, not that they hate her, they're like, more of "afraid" that might turn out to be like her which is beyond impossible. But by looking at her, she's actually more handsome than any other guy out there and that's one of the things that i'm proud of, as her best buddy. Her happiness before when she's still with Yam is immeasureable. Her eyes always sparkle and it all gone when they broke up. I'll be one of their witness on how madly and deeply they are inlove with each other before, i can't deny that they both inspire each other. But, every person in this world will always come to a point that they need to set their own priorities. For Yam, it's her studies and for Kim, it's Yam. Lately, when they felt the gap between them, they always ended up fighting each other..sometimes, hurting each other, physically, emotionally and mentally. Until Yam decided to finally broke up with Kim. By then, for Kim, everything fell apart and to be honest, it's her fault to....for letting herself depend on her...for making Yam her world...for giving her whole heart to Yam...see, YAM YAM YAM YAM YAM..all about her. Now that Yam went out of her life, it feels like she also took Kim's heart away. Kim made her own wall to just watch it fall. Hmmm... I guess what others say about girl-girl relationship is right..Most of the time it's dark...Or maybe there just some things that people don't understand..people like me? Haha what do i know..Kim was right, honestly, i never fell in love yet..

"Ouch!!!!" Pie shouted in pain when Kim pinched her cheek really hard.

"Why are you staring at the ceiling like you're ider the influence of drugs??" Kim curiously asked.

"I was just thinking."

"Thinking of what?"

"Random things. Just this ad that."

"Hmm.. You're weird. Anyway, 1 more month and it's our summer vacation already."

"I know."

"Where you guys planning to go? I want to unwind."

"I'm not sure yet. I'll ask Jane and the rest."

"Out of the country perhaps?"

"Well that sounds cool. Where do you suggest?"

"Greece."

"Greece???"

"Yes. My uncle always leave the house there every summer. And it's really peaceful there."

"Oh. That will be fun."

"Yes. We won't have any problem where to stay and they have food supplies too,  they own a vegetable farm just a kilometer away from the house."

"Wow. I'm excited. I'll convince the rest to go there and we could enjoy our vacation." 

"Pretty sure we will."

 

Few hours later.

 

Kim arrived back to her apartment after she had her groceries. Pie is still there at Kim's apartment and sleeping on the couch while the tv is on. Kim shook her to wake her up. 

"Pie? Wake up. I bought something for our late lunch." 

Pie grunts and stretched her arms. "I fell asleep again. Did you just arrived?"

"Yes. Come. Let's eat." Kim responded as she walk on her way to the dining table and arrange the foods.

"Hmm smells good." 

"Yes it is." 

"Where do you wanna go tonight Pie? It's a long weekend for us."

"I'm not really sure. Let's just stay here in your apartment and watch movies." Pie suggested.

"If that's what you want then fine." Kim answered her as she sat down on her seat.

Pie narrowed her eyes and  took her seat. "Something's wrong with you...really..." she noticed.

Kim raised her eyebrow and pouts. "And what could that be?"

"Why are you so kind to me and doesnt oppose to what im saying?" 

Kim stared at her and didnt respond.

Pie tied up her hair and smiled and bats her eyelashes while she look at Kim. "You find me pretty don't you?" she teases Kim.

Kim stared at her scoffs and pointed the fork at her.  "You!"

"Me what?"

"Shameless conceited person." 

"What?!" Pie shouted. "Seriously am i not pretty at all? Cmon i'm our bestfriend and be honest." she frustratingly added.

"Hmmm you are pretty Pie, even if you didn't had your makeover thing." Kim answered.

"Then why do you always say im ugly???!"

"We're bestfriends.......isn't that how it supposed to be??" Kim laughed. "How about you...do you find me attractive?"

"You are charming. You ar perfect for me, physically." Pie answered.

"Oi. You might fall for me." Kim teases her an pinched her nose.

Pie pulled a disgusted facial expression. "Ugh! Me? To you? A tom?? No way." 

"Oh." Kim sighed suddenly became serious and quiet.

Pie stared at her and noticed Kim's silence. "Are you ok??" she nudged Kim.

Kim nods and stood up, walked her way to the kitchen to wash her dishes.

Pie followed her and went near her. "Hey what's wrong?" she poked her cheek.

"Nothing."

"Eiiii tell me." Pie said.

Kim dropped the dishes down and washed her hands. She sighed. "Pie, why do you hangout with me if you're disgusted with toms huh?"

"Im sorry if i offended you. It's not that i'm disgusted with toms. It's just having a relationship with a tom never crossed my mind." Pie explained.

"I see." Kim nods.

Pie hugged her. "I'm so sorry ok?" she faces Kim and pouts. "Are we good now?"

"Fine." Kim sighed. "You do the dishes." she smiled.

"Ok. Not even gonna complain about it." Pie smiled back at her. 

Kim noticed that someone's calling at Pie's phone.

"Hey, your phone. Someone's calling you." she grabbed Pie's phone and took it from the table. "It's Van." 

Pie nods. "Let it ring. He'll get tired calling me."

"Who is he??" Kim curiously asked.

"He's Jane's friend from the other section. Taking the same course with us."

"Oohh. Is he courting you?"

"I dont know. We already went out once or twice before. I coulnt say no because of Jane."

"Is he kind? Gentleman? What?"

"He's okay." 

"I see."

"Why asking me this silly question?"

"Well, because if he's into you. I need to do background check." Kim chuckled.

"What are you? Detective or something?" Pie teasingly said.

"I could be. If you want." 

"Oh please. I can handle it.  He's not my type." Pie opposed.

"Oh. Really. So what's your ideal partner then?"

"Well, i want guy who's older than me, mature, in someway has a side of childishness, knows how to cook, a gentleman and some normal traits a girl could simply ask for."

Kim nods. "Ooooh i see." 

Pie stared at her and asked her. "What about you? What's your ideal girl?"

"Hmm...i like someone who simple,someone i'm comfortable with, someone will appreciate my efforts and someone who will love despite of my flaws."

"Uhhhhh did you found all of those traits to Yam?"

Kim nods. "Yes....but i dont know if she found all the traits she wanted in me." Kim sighed. "Pie....?"

"Hmm? What is it?" 

"This might sound funny and weird...but... If i was born as a guy and we're not friends, let's say we just know each other in particular...would you....possibly.....fall in love with me?"


Pie stared at her and paused for a moment trying to compose the right words to say. "Kim....."

Kim laughed. "Nah forgot that i asked that stupid question. I just wondered how other people think of me as a person, not gender wise. I mean as me, characteristic, you know why im saying? If...i'm that someone who's easy to fall in love with, just being myself." Kim turned her back and as she try to walk away from Pie. 

Pie started to stop her. Pie grabbed her shoulder. "Kim, if you were a guy, i will definitely fall in love with you head over heels. You're one of the most amazing person i've ever met. I might gonna lock you up here in my heart and throw away the key somewhere that cannot be found."

Kim faces her and smiled. "Thanks Pie. I feel so much better now." 

Pie messes Kim's hair. "That's why we're besrfriends right? You're simply an amazing person Kim. Always remember that."

Kim pulled a joke on her. "Don't fall inlove with me ok?" and she laughed.

Pie paused and stared at her. "Crazy."

"Haha. Im just kidding." Kim winked at her.