Chapter 2

Broken Heartstrings

Tokyo, Japan.

 

Galaxy High School, Canteen 6, 10:00 A.M, Monday, July 11th, 2011.

 

"J-Jessica-san!" 

Jessica was walking out of the canteen along with Sunny when she heard a familiar voice calling out to her.

"Oh, if it isn't Yuri-kun. Is there anything the matter?"

"Ah, Jessica-san. I-I would like to request a favour from you..." Yuri was trying her best not to stutter so much.

"Damn it, Kwon Yuri. Man the up. Stop stuttering. You're usually not such a !" Yuri thought to herself, trying her best to calm herself down.

"Hmm, and that favour would be...?" Jessica raised an eyebrow as Sunny stood at her side, as curious as ever.

"Would you like to go out with me on a date?! This Saturday, if possible!" Yuri yelled unconsciously, while trying to maintain a straight and confident face.

It seems as though time has stopped. Every single one of the students was looking at their direction, obviously in shock. Some dropped their plates, some coughed out their drinks, some choked on their food, like our beloved Sooyoung.

It was thee Kwon Yuri, asking out thee Jessica Jung, out on a date. It had to be big news. Even the teachers were dumbfounded.

"E-Excuse me?!" Jessica was totally taken aback.

Sunny, on the other hand, was much unruffled, only raising an eyebrow on Yuri's sudden request.

"Yes, you heard it right. I'm asking you out on a date, Jessica Jung. This Saturday. 2:00 P.M, I'll pick you up at your house. I wouldn't accept a 'no' as an answer. Goodbye." Yuri smirked and winked, and walked away triumphantly, no wanting to hear the latter's answer. 

 

"OHMYGOD!" "K-K-KWON YURI. KWON YURI JUST ASKED JESSICA JUNG ON A DATE!" "MY HEART. MY FEELS. EVERYTHING." "I'VE ALWAYS HOPED THAT THEY DATED! IT'S LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE!"

Squeals and screams were heard as all the fan girls ran around the canteen. Most of them were in tears. Either they were crying as they felt that Jessica or maybe Yuri was taken away from them, or they were just so happy that finally their hidden YulSic feels would be able to emerge. After all, both of their fan clubs never seen to see eye to eye. You could only choose 1.

"Wow. Kwon Yuri sure is bold. Approaching Princess Jung with such confidence." Sunny said, slightly astounded.

"Interesting. The infamous player, Kwon Yuri, asking me out on a date? I'll accept her 'request', then. Let's see what she has planned for me." Jessica smirked, thinking Yuri was planning up something, she yelled back.

"Interesting, Kwon Yuri. I accept your 'request' for a date. I would love to make it this Saturday, but the exams are around the corner. August 6th, would be a prefable date, since our exams would have ended by then. I'll be waiting for you at exactly 2 P.M. Any later, and I'll consider you too much of a wuss to pick me up. You better be well dressed and have a list of plans that day. I am a very picky girl." 

Yuri stopped in her tracks. Was she dreaming? She expected Jessica to reject her, but it was the very opposite. Jessica was willing to go out on a date with her! Her body was shaking; she almost exploded with joy right there and then!

Instead, she turned her head, gave her a wink, and continued walking towards Sooyoung. 

 

"JESSICA ACCEPTED THE DATE. HURRY. SPREAD THE NEWS." "THIS WILL BE ON THE SCHOOL'S MAGAZINE HEADLINES, FOR SURE." "MY HIDDEN YULSIC FEELS HAVE BEEN AWAKENED." 

The students were once again in frenzy. Many ran off to spread the news. Many were obviously still crying.

Sooyoung's jaw was still hanging, with rice still dropping out. She expected Yuri to ask her out in a way as discreet as possible, she totally didn't expect her to Jessica out in such a flashy manner.

"Holy, Kwon Yuri. I have a new found respect for you. I take my words back, you're not a . You're an insane daredevil." 

Yuri just waved her off with a smile. She was deep in thought, thinking how she would be able to pamper Jessica during the date.

 

~

 

Galaxy High School, Entrance 8, 2:05 P.M, Monday, July 11th, 2011.

 

"Good afternoon, milady, how was school today?" a young Eurasian man in a black suit bowed as Jessica approached him.

"Hey, Laxus. Tiring. Send me home. I'm ing exhausted."

Jessica was dead beat. She had to fend off all those fangirls, questioning her whether the incident during recess was true. They were like a pack of reporters. No, hungry wolves would be a better name for them. Those that weren't at canteen 6 wanted to hear it come out of Jessica's mouth for themselves. 

"Understood, milady." Laxus, the chauffeur, opened the door to the family's black 1996 Bentley Rapier for Jessica before getting into the car.

 

~

 

Jung Family's Bentley, 2:30 P.M, Monday, July 11th, 2011.

 

"SCREECH"

 

Jessica was rudely awakened by a loud screech. She was annoyed. Very annoyed. She hated it when someone or something wakes her up.

"What the hell?!" Jessica groaned.

"Oh dear! My most sincere apologies, milady. I'll be right back." Laxus unlocked the doors and rushed towards to the Bentley's front bumper.

"OWW OWW OWW!" a short baby-faced blond, was wailing on the rough road. Beside her were a pile of books and a pair of spectacles.

"I apologise, mam! Are you okay? Do you require first aid?" Laxus rushed to the baby-faced blond.

"I-It's okay. It was my fault for reading while crossing the road. But I think I might have sprained my ankle..."

"I'll call an ambulance. I'll got get my cellphone." Laxus said before rushing back to the Bentley.

"What's going on?!" 

"M-My most sincere apologies, milady! It seems that I might have caused a small accident. Please, do not worry. I'm going to call an ambulance for that poor girl. It seems like she's sprained her ankle."

Jessica made a long sigh, waved Laxus off and stepped out of the Bentley and walked towards the baby-faced girl, to check if it was truly just a mere sprain.

 

"Oww... Kim Taeyeon! You're such an idiot! How many times must I tell you not to read while walking?! Now look what you've done?! You've sprained your ankle and you've cost trouble for a rich family. You better pray there isn't a single scratch on that Bentley..." Taeyeon scolded herself in the head.

She noticed a rich looking lady, around her age, walking towards her. She braced herself for a hell of a scolding. But what came next wasn't some harsh scolding, but the complete opposite.

"Hey there. You okay? Sorry about my driver. He's usually pretty careful." 

"H-huh?! I-I'm okay! It's not his fault! It's my fault for reading while crossing the road. Please, don't fire him!" Taeyeon gave her best puppy eyes, but she couldn't hold it for long, since she couldn't stop blushing at Jessica's beautiful face.

"You fear for another person's safety while your own is at stake? Hah, you're a funny one. Come, let me help you up, I'll send you to my mansion and have my doctor look at you." Jessica said as she helped the poor girl up.

"I-It's okay, really! You don't hav-" Taeyeon was blushing too much to continue. There was so much physical contact.

"Laxus! There is no need for an ambulance. Grab the girl's stuff and drive us home. I'm bring her with us to see Dr. Imano." 

"Y-Yes milady!"

Laxus immediately went to grab Taeyeon's books and spectacles, and rushed back to the mansion, which was just around the corner.

 

~

 

Jung Family's Mansion, Doctor's Clinic, 2:45 P.M, Monday, July 11th, 2011.

 

"How is she? Is she gonna be okay?"

"No worries, Ms. Jung. She'll be okay. It's just a minor sprain, I'll discharge her in a few hours. But she would need to wear that cast for about a week or so, just in case. Oh, and she seems to have quite an interest on you. She keeps asking about you throughout the inspection." 

"Thank you, Doctor. Really? Hah. She is an interesting one. I'll go and take a look at her. Thanks again, Doc."

Jessica walked out of the clinic and towards the ward, with a small smile on her face.

 

~

 

Jung Family's Mansion, Ward 1, 2:46 P.M, Monday, July 11th, 2011.

 

*KNOCK KNOCK*

 

"Come in!" yelled a soft but high pitched voice.

"How are you?" Jessica sat on the chair beside Taeyeon.

"I'm fine, Jessica-san. T-Thank you for the hospitality." Taeyeon was once again blushing. Now viewing Jessica at eye level, she was much pretty than before. She could hardly take her eyes off her.

"It's okay. It was my chauffeur fault anyway. Oh, it seems like you've known my name already, drop the honorifics, then. I assume it was Dr. Imano?" Jessica gave a small smile.

"Oh my god, she's even more gorgeous when smiles.."

Taeyeon unconsciously mumbled to herself. Unfortunately, Jessica heard it and raised an eyebrow at her.

"OH ! I'M SORRY. I SAID MY THOUGHTS OUT! STUPID TAEYEON!" Taeyeon knocked herself in the head. She was redder than a tomato by now.

"You are a cute one indeed. So I reckon your name is Taeyeon? That isn't a Japanese name. You're a Korean?" Jessica giggled a little.

Taeyeon continued blushing.

"Oh! Y-yes. I'm Kim Taeyeon. I'm a Korean. I came to Tokyo with my family a few years ago. It's a pleasure to meet you." Taeyeon held out her hand for a handshake.

 

Kim Taeyeon. A cute, childish baby-faced blond, hailing from Korea. Despite being 23, she's known to be a dork, even though she's pretty much an introvert. She is, however a bookworm. A nerd, you might add. Constantly worrying about her results. She's usually seen holding a stack of books, with her large spectacles almost dropping off her face. However, she's known to have an emotional and stern side, occasionally emitting an aura of a leader. Her family owns a logistics company, forcing them to move to Japan from Korea back when Taeyeon was only 15. 

"Pleasure is all mine, Taeyeon-chan. I too, came from Korea. We must be faithed. Oh, please stay as long as you'd like. I have some business to attend to. Please, feel free to ring the bell if you require any specific needs. My butler will attend to you. You may take your leave any time." Jessica shook her hand, bowed and left the room.

"Jessica... she's so cute... so gorgeous. Her eyes, her face... so perfect... I wonder if she's into girls though... WHAT ARE YOU THINKING, KIM TAEYEON! YOU'VE JUST MET HER! GET THOSE THOUGHTS OUT OF YOUR MIND! WHAT MATTERS MOST NOW IS GOING HOME!"

The blushing Taeyeon knocked herself on her head again as she rang the bell for the butler to help pack her stuff up.

 

~

 

Jung Family's Mansion, Jessica's Room, 2:50 P.M, Monday, July 11th, 2011.

 

"I assume you have everything ready for me, Walter?" Jessica said as she sat onto her couch.

"Certainly, milady. Here's her file, and of course, a glass of 1978 Henri Jayer Cros Parantoux." 

"You know me very well, Walter. Thank you. You may take your leave."

Jessica waved the butler off, and flipped through the contents of the file, while taking a sip of her wine.

'Kim Taeyeon. 23 years old. Single. Closet Lesbian.' 

"Well, well, well. This is interesting..." Jessica smirked.

Jessica placed the glass of wine on the table, grabbed her phone and pressed a few buttons.

"Walter. Get Steve to pick Taeyeon up tomorrow at her school, and send her here. I... have some matters to discuss with her."

"Consider it done, milady."

Jessica hanged up the phone, laid back and took another sip at her wine.

"Kim Taeyeon, you are an interesting one..."

 

---

 

Author's Note: Hey there readers! Updated for this week! You guys REALLY wanted to see Taeyeon, didn't you. Here's alittle teaser! Don't worry, there's more to come! ^^

 

I know I listed 'angst' as one of the tags, so far there isn't much. But don't worry angst fans! Angst will be coming up sooooon!

 

Remember to subscribe and comment!

 

-009ine.