Chapter 9

Broken Heartstrings

*bold means the language spoken is Korean.

 

Tokyo, Japan

 

Galaxy High School, School Gate, 2:00 P.M, Monday, August 8th, 2011.

 

 "Ho? Sun? You wouldn't speak in Korean or even call me by that nickname if this wasn't urgent. This better be good. I'll be there in 5." Sooyoung said before hanging up.

Sunny didn't even bother calling a cab. She fastened her schoolbag onto her back, and sprinted towards Supernova High. She couldn't get rid of the bad feeling she was getting. Her instinct told her to made her way towards Taeyeon as fast as possible, and her instincts were always right.

 

~

 

Supernova High School, Entrance, 2:05 P.M, Monday, 18th July, 2011.

 

 By the time Sunny reached Supernova High's entrance, Sooyoung was already waiting, arms folded.

"So, what seems to be the problem? You look like you've see-" Before Sooyoung could finish speaking, she was pulled into a rough kiss by Sunny.

"God, you have no idea how much I've missed you and those perfect lips, babe. Now's not the time to catch up. Remember Taeyeon and Tiffany? I think they're in tro- " Sunny paused as her eyes focused onto a few red dots on the concrete floor.

". Blood. They look fresh.' Sunny mentally cursed.

"Come! We don't have the time!" Sunny dragged Sooyoung with her, as she followed the trail of blood.

"I seriously thought you wanted to check us into a hotel. Well, that is until I saw the blood stains." Sooyoung joked cheekily.

 

~

 

Meanwhile,

 

Supernova High School, Entrance, 2:05 P.M, Monday, August 8th, 2011.

 

 "Hang in there, TaeTae. We're almost home." Tiffany struggled to keep the injured Taeyeon in balance.

"Thanks, for letting me recuperate at your house, Pany..." Taeyeon mumbled weakly.

"No problem, what are friends for? Besides, my dad is a doctor. He'll take care of you!"

The injured duo continued limping down the path, towards Tiffany's house. However, a large black van pulled up in front of them, and what came out from the van were muscular, tattooed and armed gangsters. About 15 of them. They weren't the normal small time gangsters, since they were all wearing a red top and black vest. They approached the duo, easily towering over them. The middle-aged leader was almost 2 metres tall. He had a spiral dragon tattoo on his neck and he approached the duo, photo in hand.

"Hmm... I assume you are Ms. Kim Taeyeon, am I right? Our employer, Ms. K, would like to have a word with you." The leader, surprisingly, greeted the duo politely.

"W-Who're you guys? Who's Ms. K? My Taeyeon is injured! She can't see any Ms. K!" Tiffany barked at the leader.

"Ah, Miss, I'm afraid Ms. K does not seem to be interested in you, please do step aside, I do not wish to use force against women." 

The leader's henchmen pulled the half-conscious Taeyeon away from Tiffany forcefully. Of course, Tiffany didn't go down without a fight. She slapped one of the henchmen, and made an attempt to snatch the poor Taeyeon back.

"You !" One of the henchmen lifted his hand as he prepared himself to slap the defenceless Tiffany.

 

Tiffany closed her eyes as she braced for impact, but what came next wasn't a slap to her face, but she heard the sound of something heavy falling onto the concrete ground. She opened her eyes, only to see the half-conscious Taeyeon falling onto her. Beside her, on the concrete ground, was the exact henchman that made an attempt to slap her. She was groaning in pain, as blood flowed out of his nose. She looked up, only to see the back of a man in a hitman boxing stance.

" off, you dirty bastards. Who the allowed you to lay your tainted hands onto Ms. Kim and Ms. Hwang?" The unknown saviour shot at the gangsters.

"Seems like the knight in shining armor has arrived, eh? You seem pretty good, being able to break one of my men's nose with a single blow. What's your name, kid?" The leader, unfazed, questioned the attacker.

"Steve Fox, at your service." Steve smiled with confidence.

"Steve Fox? That name rings a bell. But who cares, you're a dead man anyway. Get him!"  

"Grab Ms. Kim and run, Ms. Hwang! Get away as soon as possible, I'll cover you guys!" Steve knocked-out another one of the gangsters with a shot to the jaw.

"You guys aren’t going anywhere!" A handful of the henchmen separated Steve from the duo.

"!" The henchmen continued to rain blows onto Steve. But Steve was unfazed and easily countered the more dangerous attacks. Those henchmen weren't exactly trained fighters, after all. Despite being hit, his main concern was still Taeyeon and Tiffany. 

The henchmen grabbed onto Tiffany, pulling her away from Taeyeon, as they were about to load the struggling brunette into the van.

 

It was then, when one of the henchmen that were holding onto Taeyon, fell to the ground, unconscious. He was hit on the temple by a tall, slim brunette; Choi Sooyoung. Whereas Tiffany, was caught mid-air by a short-haired blond; Lee Soonkyu.

"Who the is it this time?! 2 chicks?! Who the do they think they are?! Kill them!" The leader ordered his henchmen.

Sooyoung grinned as she watched the clumsy henchmen charging towards her, as she expertly took advantage of her long legs to give each of them the a kick to either the groin, temple, chest or face. Her legs were almost like a spear, knocking out enemies before they even touched her.

Sunny, on the other hand, helped Tiffany to get back on her feet, before countering the henchmen's attacks by grappling them and then breaking their wrists, dislocating their shoulders. She looked like she was an expert in this field.

Alas, they were soon out numbered 2 to 7, including the leader himself. Sooyoung and Sunny both were out of stamina and bleeding from the knife attacks, but they still kept their ground, poised to strike. However, Steve, barely injured and bursting with energy, made another entrance, knocking out another henchman from behind. The duo easily took out the weak henchmen, with Steve's help.

 

The leader was pissed, very pissed. However, he was scared, too. He was afraid what Ms. K would do to them, if they failed to bring Taeyeon back with them. Taeyeon and Tiffany, were watching by the side-lines, still shocked by what was happening before them.

The leader took of his vest and red top, showing a body that was filled with muscles, barely having any fat percentage. He threw a punch towards Steve's stomach. Steve guarded his stomach, bracing for impact. However, the leader's muscles weren't just for show. The punch easily broke through Steve's guard, coming into contact with his stomach. Steve coughed out saliva, shocked by the immerse strength of the punch. He almost out.

Sunny ran towards the leader, whom fist was still buried into Steve's stomach. She leaped onto his shoulders, with her expert hand play, she easily broke his free arm. Sooyoung then gave a series of powerful low kicks, causing him to kneel. He was screaming in pain, as he pulled out his fist out of Steve's stomach, and held dearly onto his broken arm. Steve used the opening at gave one powerful punch towards the temple, effectively knocking the leader out.

 

The trio panted heavily, obviously exhausted and injured. 

"Who... who are you girls?! Those weren't moves that high school students could execute...!" Steve said in-between breaths.

"Let's just say... we were trained... since we were kids... Do us a favour, Steve. Don't tell... Jessica about us and... this." Sunny too, was out of breath.

"Hah! That's provided you tell me who you girls actually are." Steve demanded.

"We'll tell you on the way back, Mr. Ex-GGBT Champion. We have to take care of those 2 first." Sooyoung grinned, before rushing towards the duo.

"How did you kno- Yes, that's right!" Steve rushed towards Taeyeon and Tiffany.

"T-Thank you guys... You guys saved our lives... If you guys weren't here, I don't know what would happen to TaeTae..." Tiffany was still slightly taken aback by the events that just occurred.

 

However, Taeyeon already fainted, resting on Tiffany's shoulders.

", she's out cold. Soo, we have to send her to Dad's. It would be safer there." 

"Yeah. We don't have time to waste. Steve, you're driving. Take the van. I'll give you the directions." Sooyoung ordered.

"Roger." Steve rushed towards the van. Luckily, the car keys were still intact. 

 

~

 

Lee's Private Estate, Doctor's Clinic, Ward 1, 3:30 P.M, Monday, August 8th, 2011.

 

 "Don't worry, Sooyoung, Sunny. They're okay. The red head is still in quite a state of shock. It would probably go away in an hour. Her injuries are just minor, so no worries about that. Whereas the brunette, she's still unconscious. Her injuries on her arms and face were quite bad, but nothing serious. I've got them treated. She'll probably regain conscious in about... yeah, an hour or so. You guys can visit them, but keep it short." The doctor reported.

"Thanks, doc. Appriciate it."

"We're going in to see Tiffany. You-?" The duo turned to Steve, whom seems to be getting yelled at over the phone.

"Yes, Milady. Taeyeon and Tiffany were unwell today, and they were not able to come with me. Yes, yes, I've sent them home. I'm currently stuck in a traffic jam, Milady. I'll be back in about an hour. Please accept my apologies." Steve spoke over the phone.

The duo giggled a little, before gesturing to Steve that they would be seeing Tiffany first.

 

They entered the ward quietly, and they greeted the unsuspecting Tiffany, whom was pouring herself a glass of water.

"Thank you, so, so much again. You guys are life savers... Thanks for bringing me and TaeTae to the hospital, too. It must be very expensive to check me into a private room... Is she alright?" 

"You're welcome. This... isn't a hospital. It's our house. Make yourself comfortable. She's still unconscious, but she'll be awake soon. I'll let you see her once she wakes up. Meanwhile, you need to stay in bed." Sooyoung patted the Tiffany on the head.

"Thank god she's okay. I was worried sick. Of course this isn't a hosp-Wait whaaaaaaaaaat?! This is your house?! You must be kidding me! No house has a ward as luxurious as this! Exactly who are you guys?!" Tiffany almost spat out the water that was in .

"Hehe. Let's just say... we'll be seeing more of each other in the future." It was Sunny's turn to pat Tiffany on the head.

 

---

 

Author's note: Hey guys! More of an action scene for this chapter. Honestly I found it pretty lousy... I wanted to introduce Steve and SooSun but this... argh this  ! It isn't up to my standards... fml. Sorry guys. I'm just really exhausted recently. And I'm writing this at like what 2:30AM in the morning. I guess it's no excuse for publishing writing, huh? Sigh. Really, really sorry guys.

Oh, and I'm still working on my TaengSic one-shot. I can't seem to think of a good ending... Sigh my writing is getting from bad to worse. Things just aren't going according to plans recently.

I hope you guys won't leave me anytime soon... Thank you for all your overwhelming support. You have no idea how much it means to me. I love all of you. As I said, I'll reply to every single one of your comments.

So do subscribe and comment. Feedbacks are appriciated.

 

-009ine.