Chapter 3

Broken Heartstrings

Tokyo, Japan.

 

Supernova High School, Hallway, 7:35 A.M, Tuesday, July 12th, 2011.

 

Taeyeon was limping her way towards her locker when she heard a distinctive and familiar husky voice shouting out to her from behind.

"TaeTae! What's with that cast?! What happened to you?! Where in the world were you yesterday?! Are you okay?!" 

A red haired female was yelling at the petite female, shooting questions at her like a rapid machine gun.

"Woah woah woah, calm down, Fany. I'm alright. I just sprained my ankle yesterday while I was crossing the road. This cast will be off in about a week. No worries!" Taeyeon tried to comfort the worried girl.

"What?! You sprained your ankle while you were crossing the road?! Does that mean you almost got into the car accident?! I bet you were reading while crossing the road, right?! How many god damned times must I tell you to NEVER read while crossing the damn road?!"

The redhead was shouting at the top of her voice now. Her face showed a much anger, but there was a tinge of concern behind it.

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, TIFFANY HWANG. I'M SORRY! Will you calm down now?! We're drawing so much attention!"

Taeyeon was trying to calm Tiffany down. After all, they were making a scene in the middle of the school corridor, drawing much attention to themselves. 

 

Tiffany Hwang. A gorgeous redhead with a killer eyesmile. She's known in school as "Brighter than Jems, Tiffany" since her eyesmile was just so bright and so beautiful, it seems to be prettier than jewels. She hails from Korea, and has been friends with Taeyeon ever since she was a kid. Their parents too, were business partners. Tiffany has many suitors, both male and female. However, she's only interested in females, and the only female that has captured her heart right now was none other than her best friend, Kim Taeyeon. She knows that Taeyeon is secretly lesbian, but she hasn't made any move towards her, as she's afraid that it might ruin their friendship. 

"Hmph. Serves you right for making me worried. You didn't even respond to my calls. Do you have any idea how worried I was?!" Tiffany glared at Taeyeon, but her couldn't hold it for long since Taeyeon was giving her the cutest puppy eyes she's seen.

"Sowwy Ppany, pwease forgwive your pwecious TaeTae." Taeyeon said with the best aegyo she could come up with.

"ARGH. FINE. With that aegyo and that puppy eyes, I can never stay angry with you for long, you know." Tiffany said as she sighed.

"You love me too much to stay angry with me, Fany. Now come on! We're gonna be late!" Taeyeon said as she winked and dragged Tiffany with her to class.

"If only you knew..." Tiffany thought to herself.

 

~

 

Supernova High School, School Gate, 2:20 P.M, Tuesday, July 12th, 2011.

 

*DING DONG*

 

Male and female students were seen walking out of school, in pairs or in groups. Many were seen grabbing their bicycles in the bicycle parking, ready to cycle home after a long and boring day at school, but there was something different today. There was a black expensive looking car parked outside the school, with a handsome young blond dressed in a black suit standing beside it. 

Gasps were heard as the students walked passed. The gasps from the female were for the handsome young blond standing beside the car. The gasps from the male was for the expensive looking car. It was no doubt a black EB218 concept Bugatti. It would have cost at least 2 million USD. 

Tiffany and Taeyeon were amongst the crowd. Walking (and limping) out of the school compound, thinking about what to have for lunch.

"I feel like having ramen... Let's go to Ichiraku Ramen!" Tiffany yelled in delight.

"Again?! That's like the sixth time in 2 weeks that we've had ramen. Can't we have pizza or something?!" Taeyeon whined.

"Well, you owe me! You owe me for making me worry! So we're having ramen!" Tiffany crossed her arms and glared at Taeyeon.

"ARGH FINE! Ramen it is..." Taeyeon sighed in defeat.

The duo were about to walk out of the school gate when they noticed the black Bugatti and the young man standing beside it. They took a glance and continued their route when they heard a certain someone call out to them.

"Taeyeon-san! Taeyeon-san!" 

"W-What?!" Taeyeon turned her head and found the exact young man that stood beside the car smiling at her.

"Taeyeon-san, I am one of Jessica-sama's chauffeurs, Steve Fox. Milady has requested for your presence. She has invited you over for a meal."

"Jessica-san?! How did she know where I studied at?!" Taeyeon was shocked. 

"Ah, Taeyeon-san, your uniform from yesterday gave it all away. Now if you would please, milady is awaiting." Steve bowed politely.

"E-Erm sur-" 

 

"NOW HOLD ON A SECOND." Taeyeon was interuppted by none other than her best friend, Tiffany Hwang.

"Your 'Jessica-sama' can't call you to come barging into someone else's school and demanding a student to go to her house for lunch?! Who does she think she is?!" Tiffany yelled.

Steve was about to respond when Taeyeon dragged Tiffany away from Steve, giving him a signal to wait.

"FANY! Listen! She's the one that saved me yesterday! Her chauffeur almost knocked into me bu-" Taeyeon was interrupted once again

"WHAT?! SO SHE'S THE CULPRIT?! SHE MADE YOU WEAR THIS CAST?! OH NOW SHE'S GONNA HAVE A PIECE OF ME. THAT STU-" 

"GOD DAMN IT, TIFFANY HWANG. WILL YOU LISTEN TO ME FOR ONCE?! It was MY fault for reading while crossing the road, not to mention that YOU too, said it was my fault since I was reading while crossing the road. This 'Jessica' not only helped me out, But brought me to see a doctor! She paid for everything! Now I'll follow Steve-kun to Jessica's mansion and you'll head home first! I'll tell you the full story when I get home." Taeyeon said sternly.

"O-Oh... BUT STILL! I'm following you! I have to see this 'Jessica-sama' for myself." Tiffany demanded.

"Fine. I'll talk to Steve-kun." Taeyeon sighed in frustration.

 

Taeyeon walked back to the still patient and all smiling Steve.

"Ah, Taeyeon-san, I trust you have explained things to your friend?" 

"Erm... Kinda. Say... Steve-kun, can my friend come with me? We were planning to head for lunch before, and I can't just leave her here." 

"Hmm, please do wait a minute, Taeyeon-san." 

Steve walked away and dialed a few numbers onto the phone. He spoke on the phone for a few seconds and after giving a few nods, he hanged up the phone and walked to Taeyeon.

"Milady says it's a pleasure to have Taeyeon-san's friends over. Please, do not hesitate to invite her." Steve said with a gentle smile as the opened the back door to the Bugatti.

"Thank you, Steve-kun!" Taeyeon smiled and signalled Tiffany to come over. They got into the car and headed straight to Jessica's mansion.

 

~

 

Jung Family's Mansion, Dining Hall, 2:35 P.M, Tuesday, July 12th, 2011.

 

"Milady, I know this is sudden, since you've just came back from school, but milord has rang home and told me to convey a message to you," Walter said to Jessica.

"Go ahead."

"He wants me to inform you that he and milady will be extending their stay in the United States for a few more weeks, due to urgent changes of plans." 

"... Thank you. Let him now I received the message." Jessica sighed. She hasn't seen her parents in weeks, and she misses them dearly. She knows they love her, but they just don't spend enough time with her.

"Yes, milady."

 

*DING DONG*

 

"Ah it must be our guests." Walter walked to answer the door when Jessica stopped him.

"It's okay. I'll get it. Let Chef Vorg know that our guests are here. Set up the tables." Jessica instructed and Walter rushed to the kitchen almost immediately.

Jessica opened the door to find two young and gorgeous ladies looking at her.

"Ah! Taeyeon! You're here! And this must be the guest I heard from Steve. Please, do come in." 

"Thank you, Jessica! This is Tiffany Hwang, my classmate and best friend. And Tiffany, this is Jessica Jung, my benefactor from yesterday!" Taeyeon said dorkily.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Tiffany." Jessica held her hand out for a handshake. 

"Pleasure is all mine, Jessica-san. W-Wow, You have a... wonderful mansion..." Tiffany shook her hand.

"Ah, please do drop the honorifics. I do believe we don't have much differences in our age. Thank you, now come, let us dine." 

 

Jessica led the two astounded ladies to the dining hall.

"Ah, I almost forgot. I apologize on the sudden invitation, Taeyeon. I was just... awfully lonely." Jessica apologized sadly.

"Oh no! Please don't! Where are your family members?" Taeyeon said as she sat down at the dining table. She was once again astounded. This time by the variety of food laid out on the huge dining table. It felt as though it was a top-grade buffet! Salmon, steak, caviar and even foie gras! It was all laid out in front of her!

"My parents are out in the States, managing their business. As for I, I am an only child. It was hard for me to make friends, since I was always cooped up at home as a child, learning piano, violin, and other what nots. When I went to highschool, many people tried to be friends with me just because I was popular and rich. Such materialistic people. But when I met you yesterday, I knew we could be real friends! Your attitude towards me is different from the others." Jessica said with a bittersweet smile.

"Well you can count on that! Don't worry, Fany and I will be your new friends, right, Fany?" Taeyeon said as she grab a hold of Jessica's hand, ensuring here that her intentions are genuine. 

"Y-Yeah! You won't have to worry not having friends after you know us!" Tiffany said awkwardly.

 

~

 

Jung's Family Mansion, Living Room, 4:50 P.M, Tuesday, July 12th, 2011.

 

After the trio finished their meals, they headed to the living room to chat and learn more about themselves. However, Tiffany felt left out, since Taeyeon and Jessica kept on going non-stop. It felt as though Taeyeon knew Jessica longer than Taeyeon knew her. There was also much physical contact between those two. Holding hands, touching thighs, playing with each other's hair. Tiffany had enough. She was jealous, very jealous.

"Oh dear. Look at the time. It's almost 5! Taeyeon and I really have to take our leaves now, we do have something we have to attend to around now." 

Tiffany stood up and pulled Taeyeon with her.

"W-We do? Oh, erm Sicachu! It's nice seeing you again! I'll come by over soon! You don't have to send us out. We know the way! BYE!" Taeyeon waved to Jessica as she was pulled away by Tiffany.

"Oh... that's a pity. Bye Taengoo, Bye Tiffany!" Jessica giggled as she blushed. She haven't felt like this before. What was this warm fuzzy feeling she was getting?

And apparently those two gave each other a nickname through that chat of theirs.

 

~

 

Outside Jung's Family Mansion, 4:50 P.M, Tuesday, July 12th, 2011.

 

"Hey! Fany! Let go of me! What's the big idea?! We didn't have anything on after this." Taeyeon questioned Tiffany, with a tone of anger in her voice.

"Why are you being so close with Jessica?! You guys barely know each other and you've been acting like as though you guys were long lost lovers or something!" Tiffany shot back.

"L-L-Lovers?! N-No way! We were just being friendly! You're too paranoid, Fany! I apologize for neglecting you a little but you could have tried to join in the conversation, you know!" Taeyeon was blushing from what Tiffany said about them being lovers.

"A little?! You guys make me feel like I was the third party! Like as though I was not supposed to be there!" 

Tiffany was on the verge of crying. She was afraid that Jessica might take Taeyeon away from her.

"I-I'm sorry, Fany. I promise I won't let that happen again, okay? Now let's go home. We'll get your favourite strawberry ice-cream on the way back, okay?" Taeyeon hugged Tiffany and whispered into her ears.

"R-Really? It's your treat!" Tiffany's mood immediately became better and ran off, dragging Taeyeon with her. 

"What should I ever do with this cute little girl?" Taeyeon thought to herself, as a small smile grew on her lips.

 

---

 

Author's note: Hey guys! It's 3am in the morning and I'm kinda having insomnia right now, so I just started typing on my notebook. Hope this chapter isn't too boring/long/draggy. A little TaengSic and TaeNy here. As for angst fans, some heavy duty angst/dark scenes will be coming up on the next chapter! Stay tuned~

As always, comments are always appreciated. 

Thank you for subscribing~

-009ine.

 

P.S: As for the 'weekly update' thing, I did promise a chapter a week, but screw that. It'll be AT LEAST 1 chapter a week!~ ^^