Chapter 10

Broken Heartstrings

Tokyo, Japan

 

Lee's Private Estate, Doctor's Clinic, Ward 1, 3:30 P.M, Monday, August 8th, 2011.

 

 "At least give me your names! And what's more astonishing was the fact that you guys were able to take on at least 7 fully grown gangsters!" Tiffany made a recount of the previous events that happened not long ago.

"Hah, fine. I'm Choi Sooyoung, and this is Lee Soonkyu. We're... the daughters of the owner of this house. Let's just say... we were trained since we were children to protect ourselves." Sooyoung laughed as Tiffany made pouts at the duo.

"Wait, you girls are sisters?! Then why do you guys have different surnames?! You guys are lying to me, aren't you?!" Tiffany made a larger pout, as she folded her arms like an angry kid.

"Well, we're not biological sisters. I'm adopted by this lovely girl's father when I was a kid. It's a pretty long story. To cut it short, we were instructed to not let others know that we're siblings, so yeah, I picked up a different surname." 

"H-Huh? I... don't get it. Why must you guys have different surnames? Why mus-" 

"Ah, questions, questions. You are a curious one aren't you? We'll leave it for next time. Meanwhile, we're going to check on Taeyeon. You, stay here and rest up. We'll call you once we're done." Sunny interrupted the curious Tiffany.

"But I want to see her too! Let me see her I've recov-" 

Sunny shot Tiffany an intimidating glare, immediately silencing the poor Tiffany.

"I said, we'll call you once we're done." 

 

~

 

Lee's Private Estate, Doctor's Clinic, Ward 2, 3:45 P.M, Monday, August 8th, 2011.

 

 "You're awake, Taeyeon. How are you feeling?" Sunny approached the injured girl.

"I-I'm okay. I'll live. Thank you for saving our lives just now. I can't think of any ways to repay you..." Taeyeon sat up as she groaned in pain.

"Don't mention it. We couldn't just watch 2 defenceless girls get taken away by such huge men, couldn't we?" Sooyoung smiled.

"Y-Yes... that's true... Oh, and I haven't even know your names yet! I'm Kim Taeyeon, by the way."

"Oh yes. I'm Lee Soonkyu, but please call me Sunny. And this is my sister, Choi Sooyoung." 

"H-Huh? Sisters...? Lee and Choi...? You girls aren't... biological sisters?" Taeyeon tilted her head.

"You got that right. It's a long story. I'll let you know once we've got a chance. Oh, and Taeyeon, please don't tell Jessica what happened today. Don't ask why. Treat it as a mean of... repaying us for today. And you'll be seeing more of us soon." Sunny winked at the confused Taeyeon.

 

The duo left the ward, with a small grin plastered on their faces, as they went towards Tiffany's ward to let her know that their done.

Tiffany leaped out of her bed, and rushed towards Taeyeon's ward, eyes glistened with tears.

The duo giggled and approached Steve, whom had just ended the conversation with Jessica.

"So, I reckon Jessica is really pissed?" Sunny sat down beside Steve, fingers interlocked with Sooyoung's.

"Yes, Milady's very worried about Taeyeon. Oh, and she's... slightly angry with you, Ms. Lee." Steve gulped.

"HAH! Slightly? Who are you trying to lie to?" Sunny laughed, knowing that she's in real deep with Jessica.

"Yes, exactly... who am I trying to lie to?" Steve cocked an eyebrow, questioning Sunny once again.

"Fine. Since you did us and protected Taeyeon today, we'll let you know a little about us." Sunny made a tiring sigh, knowing that she has much to explain.

 

"We aren't exactly normal high school students. My father and mother are... one of the top agents that are working with the government. My Sooyoungie here was adopted by our family, when she was my age. My parents figured that I needed someone to play with, since I was an only-child. My parents, well due to their job, had to fly very often, from places as luxurious as Paris, to third-world countries such as Pakistan. So, to keep us occupied, our parents sent us to attend various courses. From learning to violin and piano, to martial arts and self-defence classes. I personally took up the Brazilian jiu-jitsu classes, whereas my Sooyoungie here took up the kickboxing classes. Hence our fighting abilities. Whereas the reason for pretending we do not know each other... is something I would prefer to tell you in the later future." Sunny smiled at Steve, whom as deep in thought.

"So... I take it that you've known my identity from your parents?" Steve eyed Sunny.

"Yes, yes we did. Steve Fox. The ex-GG Boxing Championship winner. A major wrist injury you suffered during the championship match caused you to retire completely, since you pushed it to the limits and won. You then became homeless, living off garbage for a few months, since your coaches and your company abandoned you. Well that was until Mr. Jung and Walter picked you up and groomed you to a perfect butler." Sooyoung butted in and recited his profile flawlessly.

 

"Wow. I didn't know you would know this much. Please, Milady doesn't know about my true identity yet. I only wish for her to think of me as a humble butler. Nothing more, nothing less." Steve said grimly, as he reminisced about the past.

"Well, that is if you promise us not to tell her about us."

"Then we have a deal. Please do continue treating me as a butler. I do not wish Milady to suspect anything."

"You bet we would." Sunny grinned.

 

~

 

Kwon's Family Mansion, Basement, 3:00 P.M, Friday, August 12th, 2011.

 

 The week past by in a blink of an eye, with Taeyeon and Tiffany recovering two days after the incident, and successfully returned to school. The students and teachers, strangely become more fearful of the duo, not daring to meet their gaze or give them dirty looks anymore. Even the school gangster, Taka and his gang, didn't dare to meet their gaze. They even apologized to the duo. They were all beat up and bruised. Apparently, someone thought them some manners.

Jessica, on the other hand, still hasn't found out about the incident. Sunny hasn't mumbled a single word to her. She pretended as though nothing happened. Of course, Sunny couldn’t escape the lecture Jessica gave her, since she did leave Jessica behind on that faithful day. Steve too, continued living life as a humble butler.

However, things were slightly on a darker note over at Yuri's side. She was angry. Furious. She ended up killing all 15 men whom failed her. What's worst is those 15 men tried to escape her grasp, only to be caught 4 days later. She brought them to her basement, and brutally murdered them the exact way she murdered Matsumoto. 

 

She was in her basement, still hacking away onto the bloodied corpse of the almost 2 metre tall leader. Her crazed laugh echoed throughout the large room. That was when 2 men entered the room.

"Enough, Mistress. They're already dead. Anymore and you would strain yourself." Sebastian firmly held onto Yuri's arm, preventing her from hacking onto the bloodied corpse.

"You're such a spoiler, Seb. She was having so much fun." Jack gave an eerie smile, as he his lips when he saw the corpse.

"You've improved, my Mistress. Seems like you've almost mastered my technique." He continued.

"Silence, Jack. I'm heading back to my room." Yuri spat at the corpse, before throwing her blade to the side and walking about of the blood filled room.

"Yes, Mistress." The two butlers replied in sync.

 

~

 

Jung's Family Mansion, Jessica's Room, 4:00 P.M, Friday, August 12th, 2011.

 

Meanwhile, over at the Jung's residences, Jessica was enjoying Taeyeon's company, unfortunately, or maybe even fortunately, without Tiffany. She had art classes to attend to, so she couldn't make it.

The duo was laughing in bed, as they watched a romantic comedy flick that was playing on the television.

Apparently Jessica hasn't noticed the bruises and cuts on Taeyeon's arms. She was too engrossed in staring at Taeyeon's flawless face, which had lucky recovered from the bruise she received a few days ago. Taeyeon was back to her cheeky self, often laughing and playing with Jessica.

However, the ringing of the doorbell interrupted the duo's little chat. Jessica knew who it was. Since that little cute blondie would often drop by on Fridays to accompany the lonely Ice Princess. Taeyeon however, was clueless, and slightly annoyed at whoever had interrupted their session.

"Who is it?" She asked, with a slight tone of annoyance.

"Oh, you'll see. Let me introduce you to a new friend. She's one of my best friends, too! And she's really cute!" Jessica giggled cheekily.

Taeyeon, however, was not very amused. She was jealous that someone else besides her was making Jessica laugh.

"I don't like her already." Taeyeon folded her arms and pouted.

"Aww, don't be like that! Don't worry. I'll still give you my attention, Taengoo." Jessica poked Taeyeon's inflated cheeks.

It was as though they were already a couple. Well, any passer-by would think the same, with them showing such affections towards each other. However, both parties think that the other party thinks of them as only good friends, when actually they've both fallen head over heels with each other. They just didn't want to admit it.

 

Soon, a knock on the door was heard, and the person behind that door left Taeyeon astonished.

"My Sunny Bunny! You've came! I missed you soooo much!" Jessica gave Sunny a peck on the cheeks.

"Aww. You would usually peck me on the lips, if our little lady wasn't here." Sunny gave the extremely jealous Taeyeon a wink.

"Oh! Don't give her the wrong idea! Let me introduce you to her. This is Kim Taeyeon! The girl I was talking to you about!" Jessica pulled Sunny closer to the still astonished but obviously jealous Taeyeon.

"Taeyeon, don't mind her. That's why way of showing my love! And she's Lee Soonkyu! She would probably prefer you to call her Sunny. She's my best of best friends!" Jessica giggled.

"Hi there! Sunny at your service! I believe this is the first time we've met, Taeyeon." Sunny greeted Taeyeon with overwhelming aegyo, and ending it with a wink.

"H-Hi there. I'm Taeyeon. Yes. This is definitely the first time we've met..." Taeyeon looked down, trying to process what was happening.

"Aww, is our little friend here shy? Come here! Let me give you a little hug!" Sunny pulled Taeyeon into a hug, and whispered into Taeyeon's ear.

"I told you we would be seeing more of each other." 

 

---

Author's note: Hey there guys! Chapter 10 is up. Hope you guys enjoy this one.

Once again I didn't find this chapter all that interesting. I really didn't have the mood to write. Life hasn't been good to me recently.

My bestfriend is dating my crush. Yeah, you heard it right. My bestfriend, was dating my crush. This kind of only happens in movies. 

What's worst is I have to listen to my bestfriend talking about my crush all day. Tell me how perfect my crush is, how good of a lover my crush is. It hurts, so damn much. The process, everything. My bestfriend tells me every damn thing. I have to ing pretend that I'm so damn happy for them. I have to pretend I enjoy their love stories. I have to act like nothing's wrong at all.

My bestfriend doesn't know about me and my crush yet, though. So... yea.

And yes. My crush knows. I've told my crush EVERY DAMN THING. I EVEN CONFESSED, DAMMIT. 

Sorry about the rant... I just couldn't hold it in anymore. I feel like crying, every damn night.

 

-009ine.