Chapter 6

Broken Heartstrings

Tokyo, Japan.

 

 

 Espada Café, 2:30 P.M, Saturday, August 6th, 2011.

 

"So, this is our first stop?" Jessica questioned Yuri as she took a seat in the café.

"Yeap. This may look like some cheap- café, but damn, their mocha and sandwiches are out of the world!" Yuri grinned like a kid, passing the menu to the doubtful Jessica.

Jessica flipped through the contents of the menu, unimpressed. She expected Yuri to bring her to a café of a higher caliber, and not some run down Italian café. Yuri, on the other hand, was totally engrossed with picking what to eat. Jessica made a sigh, and decided to trust Yuri on this one.

After a minute or two, the couple was ready to order. Yuri waved for the waitress in the quiet café.

"Good afternoon. May I take your- oh! Yuri-san! Seems like you've really brought your girlfriend today..." The waitress took out her pen and notebook. There was a tone of disappointment in her voice.

"Hey there, Kasumi-chan! H-H-Huh?! G-Girlfriend?! I-I possi-" Yuri was stuttering uncontrollably and was having a hard time replying such a sudden question. Of course, Jessica spoke up for her stead.

"Good afternoon. Yes, this girlfriend of hers is starving and wants to order. Could I get a Chicken Pesto sandwich, without the cucumbers? And a vanilla mocha? Yuri, what about you?" Jessica was b with confidence, not stuttering under such an awkward situation.

The waitress was slightly taken aback by Jessica's sudden outburst, but she regained her composure anyway.

"H-Huh?! O-Oh. I would like a Vegetable Focaccia sandwich. Oh. Do go easy on the mayo. And a white chocolate mocha? Thanks, Kasumi-chan."

The waitress took down the orders, bowed and walked away briskly. She was obviously intimidated by Jessica.

 

"Sorry about that. Did I scare you?" Jessica smiled sweetly.

"A-A little... it was a little awkward, after all." Yuri blushed slightly at the thought of what just happened.

"Don't be. How about this? Let's be a couple, just for today. I don't think you asked me out today just to bring me out as a normal friend, right?"

"H-HUH?! I-I wanted to go out on a date with you to know you better..." Yuri was blushed even more at the thought of being Jessica's girlfriend.

"Oh. Then that . Guess we can't be a couple for a day, huh?" Jessica was slightly dejected. Yuri was a sweet girl, and having such a sweet girl for a girlfriend for a day wouldn't hurt.

"No, no, no! Please! It would be such a pleasure to be your girlfriend, even for a day!" Yuri was anxious. She had a crush on Jessica for quite a while now, but the thought of being her girlfriend did not really come up into her mind. The only thing she was constantly pondering about was how to start a conversation, or how to not be awkward around her. She was unprepared for Jessica's straightforwardness.

"You're cute, when you're anxious, you know. Alright then. Then today, I put my care in your hands, KkabYul." Jessica giggled and winked at the flustered Yuri.

"OHMYGOD KWON YURI. SHE JUST CALLED YOU CUTE. SHE JUST GAVE YOU A NICKNAME. GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF, KWON. DON'T FAINT. DON'T FAINT!" Yuri mentally said to herself. She was extremely flustered. Her face was giving out an obvious dash of red, despite her tanned skin. She felt like she was going to pass out. 

"P-P-Please leave it to me! I'll take good care of you! My... Jessicat!" Yuri suddenly said out the nickname she always wanted to call Jessica.

 

Jessica was indeed taken aback by the sudden nickname. She's been called Jess, Sica, Ice Princess, Sicachu, but Jessicat was a first.

"I-I'm sorry! Did you not like your nickname...?" Yuri pouted dejectedly.

"No, no, no! Not at all. It's just that I never been called that before. I like it, my KkabYul."

Yuri blushed once again. Never in her life did someone call her KkabYul before. But she liked that nickname. She loved it. She loved everything and anything Jessica said about her. She was officially head over heels over Jessica.

Their sandwiches came, and the particular lunch, was no longer quiet. Giggles and laughter filled the once quiet café.

 

Love was in the air.

 

~

 

Disney Land, 3:30 P.M, Saturday, August 6th, 2011.

 

After their meal, the couple headed down to the next destination; Disney Land. Yuri had planned out the entire schedule today, and it was going so far so good. She stuttered less, she opened up to Jessica a lot more, just through that lunch over delicious sandwiches and hot mocha. She learned a lot about Jessica and vice versa. 

Jessica, on the other hand, was also enjoying herself. However, she couldn't shake off an uncomfortable feeling. Ever since she called Yuri her girlfriend, there was this feeling bugging her. She felt as though she was cheating. She felt as though was cheating on someone for Yuri. She went through all the contacts mentally, and surprise, surprise. The person she stopped at was Kim Taeyeon. Yes. The Kim Taeyeon she met just not long ago. She was convinced that she had the slightest feelings for Taeyeon, but it wasn't to a level that she would feel bad going out with other girls. So, why? Why did she feel so guilty? She asked herself this question several times, and it always came to this single conclusion; it wasn't just 'the slightest feelings', but she was totally head over heels for Taeyeon. Jessica couldn't accept that conclusion. She was convinced that she enjoyed Taeyeon's company. She was convinced that Taeyeon gave her butterflies in her tummy. She was convinced that she had a crush on Taeyeon. But she wasn't convinced that she loved Taeyeon. 

 

Just as Jessica was about to dig deeper into her heart in search for answers, she heard a familiar voice bringing her back to reality. She blinked a few times, before recognising the place she was at once again; Disney Land.

"Jessicat! Are you okay? Sorry I took a while." Yuri appeared out of the corner, apparently just coming out from the washroom.

"No, no, it's okay. Anyway, how did you know I always wanted to come to Disney Land?" Jessica raised an eyebrow. The only few that knew she had always wanted to come to Disney Land was her best friend, Sunny, her parents, and of course, her loyal butler, Walter.

"Let's just say... I can read your thoughts!" Yuri giggled playfully.

"I bet you heard me whining to Sunny about wanting to go to Disney Land, didn't you?" Jessica poked the unsuspecting Yuri's nose.

"H-Huh?! Y-Yeah... I was sitting in front of you during Geography class. Your cute lil' whines wouldn't be able to get pass me!" Yuri huffed out her chest, and grinned with pride.

"Oh? Then you must know, I like girls with... 'big melons', don't you?" She whispered as seductively as possible into Yuri's ears as she closed the gap in-between them, causing their assets to brush against each other.

"H-H-H-HEY! YOU ."  GET AWAY FROM ME!" Yuri backed off, using her arms to guard her chest. But it didn't hide the fact that she was blushing furiously.

"I WAS TEASING YOU, MY KKABYUL. YOU'RE SO CUTE WHEN YOU'RE SHY, YOU KNOW THAT?! Seems like I've caught myself a shy girlfriend!" Jessica burst into laughter.

Then her laughter ceased. There it was. The feeling of guilt. It was back. It hit her, the second she referred Yuri as her girlfriend.

 

Yuri raised an eyebrow at the sudden change of atmosphere, but Jessica immediately revived the happy atmosphere once again, as she grabbed Yuri's hand and intertwined their fingers.

"Come on, let's go! I wanna ride on the coaster!" Jessica ran off towards the coaster.

"Y-Yeah! Let's go!" Yuri followed closely, as she stared at her fingers. Jessica, her long time crush, had their fingers intertwined.

"Is this real life, or is this fantasy? I can't believe it. We're... holding hands... Our fingers... are intertwined..." Yuri thought, her face showing that same dash of red.

The intertwining of their fingers confirmed Jessica's suspicions, when that same feeling of guilt hit her once again. 

She didn't just have a simple crush with Kim Taeyeon.

 

She was in love with her.

 

~

 

Outside of the Jung Family's Mansion, 10:30 P.M, Saturday, August 6th, 2011.

 

"Thanks for today, KkabYul. I had fun." Jessica whispered to Yuri as she pulled her into a hug.

"You're most welcomed, Jessicat. I had fun too. Could we go out again, soon? W-We don't have to be a c-couple if you're not comfortable with it..." Yuri mumbled, bracing herself for Jessica's reply.

"What are you talking about? Of course we can. We can be the best of friends even if we're not a couple. Besides, you haven't confessed to me, you know?" 

"O-Oh yeah... then... then I like you! No! I love you, Jessica! I've always did! I've always watched you from afar, but I always didn't had the g-" Yuri was interrupted by a pair of lips onto hers. A soft pair of lips, belonging to no one but Jessica. 

Yuri immediately kissed back aggressively. She held onto Jessica's waist, and pulled her closer. She have always lusted for Jessica's lips. She wanted to feel the lips on hers, and she's not going to let this chance slip by. She was going to treasure it.

It was a steamy kiss. A kiss filled with lust, which lasted for at least a minute. Hell, even the tongue was involved. 

 

Both pulled out at the same time, gasping for air. 

"That... that was breath-taking. Literally." The flustered Yuri said.

"Yeah. It was... oh. I better go now. I'll see you in school on Monday?" Jessica replied.

"Yeah. I'll see you. Bye!" 

Yuri watched Jessica turn her back against her as the latter walked towards the front door. Yuri however, seems like she was forgetting something.

"Oh! Jessica! Regarding my c-confession..." Yuri shuffled on the spot nervously.

"I can't be together with you, Yuri. Not now. I... I have some matters, to tend to, before going into a serious relationship." Jessica replied without turning her back.

"I-I understand... I'll be waiting for you, Jessica. Always." 

Yuri, with only a slight disappointment in her face, turned her back and got back into her car, driving away almost immediately.

Jessica could only sigh, as she walked into her mansion. That feeling came back. That feeling of guilt. 

 

 

Jung Family's Mansion, Jessica's Room, 10:40 P.M, Saturday, August 6th, 2011.

 

Jessica head straight to her room, waving off her butlers' questions about dinner and her needs.

She opened her door to find Sunny lying on her bed, playing with her phone.

"Bunny? Shouldn't you be home?" Jessica raised an eyebrow.

"Jess! You're finally back! I was soooo bored. Yeah, I was supposed to. I asked my mom for an extension." Sunny rushed towards Jessica, giving her a hug.

"Aww, seems like my Bunny missed me." Jessica hugged the petite girl back.

Sunny led Jessica to the king sized bed they were sharing and sat down, making themselves comfortable.

"Now, Jessica Jung. Tell me all about today. Including that steamy kiss you guys had downstairs just now." Sunny teased.

"You saw that? You're really nosey, aren't you?" Jessica giggled, showing no signs of embarrassment, which caught Sunny a little off guard.

Jessica told the little Bunny everything about today. Including the kiss they shared, and also a strange little incident.

 

Flashback

 

Kobe Steakhouse, 9:30 P.M, Saturday, August 6th, 2011.

 

It was during dinner, where the couple was enjoying their steak, when out of the blue, Yuri shot a strange question to Jessica.

"Hey Jessi..." Yuri mumbled in an almost inaudible voice.

"Hmm?" Jessica sliced a piece of beef.

"Are you seeing someone, someone from Supernova High?" 

Jessica continued slicing her beef, maintaining her composure. However, inside, she was already panicking. 

"How did she know? How? Why am I so afraid? I'm not seeing Taeyeon. I just-" Jessica snapped out of her daze, almost forgetting that it was Yuri whom asked the question.

"Hmm? What are you talking about? I'm not exactly very free, recently. With the exams coming up. I won't dare to go into a relationship." Jessica lied flawlessly.

She looked up, and found her staring at a pair of black, dead eyes. It wasn't a pair of eyes that belonged to a human. It was dark, demonic, cold. It felt as though she was staring into the abyss. However, those pair of eyes regained life almost instantly.

"Really? Then I must have mistaken. Didn't you hear? A black Bugatti was recently spotted outside Supernova High, picking up the same 2 girls almost every day since its appearance. Seems like you're not the only rich person in the area. Forget I asked." Yuri smiled sweetly.

Jessica was taken aback by Yuri's reaction. Those pair of eyes that she stared into, did they truly belong to the warm, sweet, Kwon Yuri? Jessica shrugged it off, and continued her meal.

 

~

  

 Jung Family's Mansion, Jessica's Room, 10:43 P.M, Saturday, August 6th, 2011.

 

"Holy. Now THAT'S creepy. Are you sure it wasn't just your imagination? It gave me goose bumps, you know." Sunny rubbed her pair of small arms.

"Maybe. Well, off with that topic. You know the kiss we shared just now? It was... weird." Jessica waved the latter off.

"Weird? What do you mean by 'weird'?" Sunny curiously leaned in.

"She said she loved me, but those pair of lips that touched mine. I was on fire, yes, but it wasn't love that I felt. It was... lust. Hunger!" Jessica exaggerated a little.

"Woah, woah, woah. Hold it right there. You mean she confessed to you? If her lips were only filled with lust... or hunger, as you say, then she probably just wants to bed you. I doubt it was truly love." Sunny leaned back, please with her answer.

"Well, if she truly wants to bed me, she's doing a pretty good job at it. If I was just a 'somebody', I would probably be at her mansion now, on her bed, with her ing my brains out." Jessica scoffed.

"Language, language, princess. Really? She did that good of a job? Now that's impressive." Sunny laughed.

"Well, I don't think she'll do me any harm. Or anyone else for that matter. She's just... too sweet. Those eyes, I must have imagined them." Jessica nodded, agreeing with herself, as she grabbed her pyjamas, and went to bathe.

 

 

Little, did she know.

 

 

---

Author's Note: Hey guys! It's been a reallyyy busy week. Assignments, homework. Argh. I'm exhausted. Seriously. 

Oh yeah, I'll be posting up a SooSunTae one-shot fic on Oct 6, as a present to my favourite author, bernybro. Please, do check out her fics. They are AWESOME. Hits you right in the feels~

Please do remember to comment and subscribe!~ ^^

Do let me know if there are any spelling errors/grammatical errors. ^^

Thanks for all the support, guys~

 

-009ine.

 

P.S: To all my fellow TaengSic shippers. Have you seen this picture?

Look at the rest, then look back at TaengSic? Notice that the rest of the members are standing so close to each other, but TaengSic... it's obvious that they look awkward, and they have this strange gap in-between them...

Why? Why Taeyeon? Why Jessica? It hurts, it hurts my TaengSic heart so much...

It hurts even more when you realise they were so close in the past. Holding hands, hugging each other... but now... look at them...