July 9, 2011 + Part of July 10

The Story of Angie

"How long do I have to be here?" 

"Until the affects of the medication has subsided". 

. Like I wanna be here.

"Can't you do any better?"

"Currently, there is no faster way".

Gosh. What do doctors do 24/7? Drink professional looking coffee? 

"I understand." I stared out the window as the doctor left with the nurse by his side. 

The doctor had just given me some medicine and I was feeling so naucous. Must be the medicine as I thought bitterly, remembering what the doctor had just said. 

"Your daughter will have go through chemotherapy. We gave her some medicine for now and we checked her body for the right chemical combinations." The doctor said, with a sympathetic voice. 

My father nodded with a stern, worried look. "We will begin chemotherapy tomorrow. I advise her to rest and stay comfortable until then." The doctor turned around to face me and said in a louder voice, "Please rest." 

He then walked away, away to his other patients. Dad nodded at the shadow of the leaving doctor and turned around to face me with a smile. 

"Don't worry. It's going to be fine. Rest, I'm sure you are tired from the medicine. I'll be back later." Father said, gently, while patting my head, and then left and closed the door. 

I stared out the window, oblivious and uncaring. The medicine, I guess was taking it's effect. I was feeling drowsy and tired, very tired. 

My eyes fluttered closed and all was a blank.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up and looked at the window. The curtains were closed, I suppose it's nighttime now? I have been sleeping for several hours, I suppose. 

I glanced at the desk next to me and saw that it was filled with foods, different foods, all my favorite foods. I immediately knew my dad had bought these. 

I would reach over for my favorite snack, but my body was too weak, too tired. It took a whole lot just to lift my arm, so I quickly gave up and decided to stare at the ceilings. 

I had always wondered about those peopl in movies, who stared at ceilings or something for a long period of time. I never understood them. I guess, now I do. 

The feeling of emptiness, worthlessness, and just plain uselessness. My eyelids were tired and I had never really felt like this before. Feeling so empty and tired. 

I guess father was right about needing the rest. I closed my eyes and quickly fell into a deep sleep. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I awoken again and this time to a bright ray of sunshine. I clasped my palm over my eyes on instinct and quickly realized that my body wasn't as numb and weak as before. I suppose the affects of the medication had weakened or had left. 

I stared at the large brown, analog clock on the wall across from me. It read 12:34. 12:34, a new day. I think I'm going through chemotherapy today... 

My thoughts were stopped short by the sound of a door opening. I turned to face the door, the doctor and a different nurse this time, walked in. 

They greeted me and I greeted them back. He nodded at my body movements and noted, "I see the affects are almost gone." 

I nodded at his comment. 

He nodded and began talking again. "Today, you are going to go through chemotherapy." I nodded. 

He looked at me strangely, and then continued. "And... how do you feel about that?" He asked. 

I shrugged. "I want to get it over with." He nodded at my emotionless reply and then proceed to ask more questions about my condition. 

"How do you feel?" 

"Alright. Not as weak as yesterday." 

"Are your eyes working properly?" 

I shrugged. 

"Anything you feel is out of normal?" 

I shrugged again. Everything. Everything is out of normal. This was never supposed to happen to me to begin with. 

The doctor nodded at my uncooperative-ness and murmured to the nurse next to me. He turned towards me and said, "We will do some body checkups and then proceed to the chemotherapy." 

I nodded. 

The checkup was quick and took about 10-20 minutes. The doctor noted that there was nothing wrong and I can go through the therapy today. 

He guided me to a different room with lots of machines and told me to lie on one of the beds. I did as I was told. 

He then gave me a mask and soon I feel asleep.