July 25, 2011

The Story of Angie

Dear Diary: 

I woke to the doctor and my family hovering over me. I was scared. 

'What's happening?' The words that were in my head as my eyes widened at the sight of the them. 

A sigh escaped from dad's mouth and he smiled. His eyes were a bit teary. Alex had a small smile on his face, I could tell he was worried. 

I wanted to smile back but I was confused. 

What was I doing here? Wasn't I on a date with Minwoo? What happened? 

I frowned. Oh! That's right... I had fainted in the middle of the date. 

What about Minwoo? Where is he now? Questions rushed into my head; too bad in my current condition I was too overwhelmed to even think about an answer. 

I smiled faintly at the people, they all had took a seat and calmed down. 

"Miss. Alice... will you tell me what happened?" The doctor sternly asked, pushing his glasses up. 

Oh.. right. He had warned me not to do anything that worsen my condition. I guess it means I'm not leaving the hospital. 

I turned my head from the doctor and faced my father, "Minwoo?" I asked. Father nodded, understanding me completely. 

"He found you. He called the ambulence. He really wanted to stay, but his manager came to fetch him." 

I nodded. I see. Minwoo found me.. that's bad, awful, horrible! 

How was I going to explain to him? He knows. 

"Don't worry. We didn't tell him." Alex said, noticing my worried glance. Thank god, my family can be so understanding sometimes. 

I smiled and faced the doctor, remembering his question. "I... it was just a date." I shrugged my shoulders. Normally nothing serious happens during a date. 

"Please tell me the details." 

I told him the details and he just nodded. "I would like to perform some more test to send to the lab. We suspect that the medicine was just a temproary cure, we need a better drug." 


I laid down on the rather hard hospital bed. They should seriously do something about these beds. I grunted, all those shots and what not, my arms hurts now. 

'I'm sorry but you will have to stay in the hospital...until we find it okay for you to go out.

This was just like bird-cage...caging in the birds and not allowing them freedom. The freedom to fly and roam around. 

I opened my phone and noticed I had several phone calls and text messages from Minwoo. 

'Are you okay? You've been in the bathroom for a while' 

'Angie?' 

'I'm worried. You okay' 

I smiled at the messages. He was really worried. I guess I was in the bathroom for a rather long time. I chuckled. 

I noticed a new message and opened it. 

'Angie, you awake? Sorry I can't be there TTwTT; manager-hyung was so mean! You okay? Please message back!' 

I chuckled, he is such a cutie! 

I quickly replied back and laid back against the pillow. At least the pillow was of normall softness. 

I couldn't keep it from him any longer. How could I ? That would be heartless of me. I didn't want to hurt him. 

Should I tell him? I peered out the window and noticed two young couples walking around holding hands. 

I never felt this way before. Being jealous of others. I was always content with what I had. 

But now. 

Everything was different. I wish I was healthy. I wish I wasn't in this situation. I wish I didn't have this stupid cancer thing... 

I wish I was happy.