My Beautiful Roommate

My Beautiful Roommate

Taeyeon's POV

 

During lunch, I sat at my usual table with Yuri, Sooyoung, and Seohyun. Immediately after sitting down, they bombarded me with questions. Including our maknae, the usually quiet one turned as loud and curious as the other two.

 

"How do you know Tiffany?"

"When did you meet her?"

"Is she your girlfriend?"

 

At the last question I looked at the person who asked it in surprise.

 

Sooyoung looked back at me, "What? I was just asking," she responded nonchalantly.

 

I rolled my eyes before stopping the questions by raising a hand. The girls began to quiet down until they were silent. I sighed in relief after hearing the silence.

 

"First of all, I am not dating Tiffany," I started off. Yuri gave me the 'look', "But you want to," she smirked.

 

I shrugged, "Maybe," I answered her, making the rest giggle. I continued to talk, "She's my roommate."

 

That brought excitement to my friends as they all widened their eyes. Sooyoung dropped her sandwich that was in her hand, Seohyun widened her already large eyes, and Yuri smacked my shoulder in disbelief. I pouted and rubbed my shoulder, but it didn't seem like the three of them cared.

 

"Seriously?!" Yuri yelled.

 

I cringed and used my hand to cover my ear. Having Yuri yell straight into your ear is not very pleasant. Especially when she's sitting right next to you.

Looking around, I noticed people were starting to look at us. Turning back to my friends, I realized they were still in shock. I raised an eyebrow, "Why are you guys so surprised?"

 

Sooyoung huffed and took a bite of her sandwich, "Why do you have to get the pretty one?" she asked with a mouth full of bread, ham, and lettuce.

 

Yuri nodded her head vigoriously in agreement while Seohyun gave a small nod.

I turned to Yuri, "You have that pretty blonde girl, don't you?" I asked her, remembering the rather short girl who is in our cooking class.

 

Yuri crossed her arms over her chest, "Pretty? More like evil. That girl makes me do everything for her. She's mean." she complained.

 

Then I turned to Seohyun, "And don't you have that.. that.." I started, trying to find a good adjective to describe her roommate.

 

Seohyun sat up a little straighter as she completed my sentence, "That girl who laughs with wide-open? No thank you." 

 

Lastly, I turned to Sooyoung, who was still jealously biting her sandwich. As I opened my mouth to speak, Sooyoung stuffed the last piece of her sandwich in my mouth, "Don't even say anything about my roommate. She's so small and she barely talks."

 

With no choice, I chewed and swallowed the sandwich before looking at my three friends, "It's not that bad, is it?"

 

"Yes it is!"

"Yeah!"

"Yes!" All three of them answered with eyebrows raised and eyes wide open.

 

I flinched back, "Alright, alright.. Jeez.,"

 

"My roommate decides to take two hours in the bathroom. When I went to check on her, she was sleeping! Sleeping!" Yuri exclaimed.

"My roommate is so childish, she always laughs like a maniac and looks like an alligator! An alligator, unnie!" Seohyun complained.

"My roommate sleeps while making alien noises! Do you know how many times I woke up scared?!" Sooyoung whined, pieces of bread flying out of .

 

I furrowed her eyebrows in curiosity, "How many times?"

 

"Taeyeon!" My friends called out.

 

I grabbed a napkin and wiped Sooyoung's bread crumbs off her lips and rolled my eyes, "You guys are overreacting, I don't think your roommates are that bad."

 

"They are, Taeng. Trust me." Yuri mumbled.

 

"You've never lived with Yoona, unnie." Seohyun commented.

 

Yuri, Sooyoung, and I all turned to Seohyun, "Yoona?!" we exclaimed in sync.

 

Yoona was one of the most popular girls on campus. Her father owns one of the largest Korean entertainment companies, Im Ent. Thus, Yoona was offered a scholarship at our college, SoShi College. Despite her young age, she's in our grade. Seohyun is also in our grade, but that's only because of her amazing grades.

 

Seohyun scratched her head, "I didn't tell unnies about it yet?" she asked innocently.

 

We all shook our heads at the same time. Seohyun giggled and shrugged her shoulders, "Oh. Oops,"

 

At that moment, Yuri's phone rang. I saw her pull out her phone before rolling her eyes and answering, "Yes, Jessica?"

 

I looked at Sooyoung, who shrugged. Who was Jessica? Yuri looked at me before mouthing, 'Roommate'. Yuri sighed and shook her head, "Just throw it out if you don't want it in there." she said in a blunt tone. Sooyoung pulled out another sandwich, and I gave her the, 'what the hell' look.

She glanced at me before turning back and devouring her sandwich.

 

"Jessica, it's just a cucumber," Yuri stated before she cringed and pulled the phone away from her ear. I could hear the high pitched screaming of Yuri's roommate over the phone. Yuri put the phone back to her ear, "Alright! I'll come back and throw the cucumber away for you, okay?!" she yelled back before hanging up and storming out the cafeteria.

 

I turned to Seohyun, "Her roommate is scared of cucumbers?" I asked in wonder.

 

Seohyun simply nodded her head, "It seems so," she responded.

 

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Sooyoung, "Why cucumbers? What did they ever do to her?"

 

Sooyoung just looked at me before continuing to stare into space while chewing on her sandwich. Sooyoung then finished swallowing her sandwich before turning to me again, "I don't know, but cucumbers are yummy."

 

Sooyoung shoved the rest of her sandwich into my mouth and got up, running after Yuri, "Yuri! Wait up! If you don't want the cucumber, give it to me!" she yelled, attracting everyone's attention.

 

Seohyun pulled the sandwich out of my mouth and placed it on a napkin, "Are you okay, unnie?" she asked.

 

I coughed a bit, a piece of crust stuck in my throat before nodding, "I'm alright, thanks Seohyun."

 

Seohyun turned her head and noticed someone. She giggled before packing up her stuff, "I'm going to leave now, unnie. I need to study. You seem to have some business on your hands anyways."

 

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What business?"

 

Seohyun pointed and I turned my body in my seat before I noticed the beautiful girl looking as beautifully confused as ever. Seohyun giggled and walked away, waving, "Bye, unnie."

 

I nodded before getting out my seat and walking over to Tiffany. My heart thumped with each step. Tiffany was looking around confused until her eyes landed on me, and she smiled widely, showing off that eye smile of hers. She pointed herself and spoke, "Pabo," she giggled, calling herself an idiot.

I smiled as well, sure, she might be a pabo, but she's a pretty pabo for sure. I pulled my phone out before opening the translation app. I figured I could talk to her like this, until she learns some more Korean. Typing in, I put, 'We can eat at our dorm'. I showed the phone to her.

 

She nodded, "Ah, dae~," she commented, and I took it as a, 'Yes, let's go eat at the dorm,'

 

I smiled and started to walk out the cafeteria and to our dorm where I could spend more lovely personal time with this goddess of a girl. Turning, I waited until Tiffany caught up with me before starting to walk again. It wouldn't be very nice if I lost my roommate in this large campus, would it? Especially with all these play boys walking around.

Speaking of play boy, here come's one now. Out the corner of my eye, I saw Tiffany widen her eyes in... fright? Was she scared of Siwon? I felt her grip the sleeve of my sweater with shaking hands. Now, I knew something was wrong. Siwon continued to walk towards us, but I felt Tiffany hide her face behind my shoulder.

 

Knowing something was wrong, I glared at Siwon, "Siwon, go away."

 

"Who's the new girl?" he asked with a smirk, ignoring me and continuing to walk towards us.

 

Tiffany backed up a little, and I did as well, "Siwon, go away." I repeated.

 

"Awww, come on, Taeyeon. I'm just trying to be friendly." he pouted, not being adorable in my eyes at all.

 

"Friendly my . You just want to have with a girl before throwing her to the side." I spoke through my teeth, still feeling Tiffany's grip on my sleeve.

 

Siwon rolled his eyes before walking away, "Whatever." he commented.

 

I turned back to Tiffany, who had her face completely buried in my shoulder. Using my free hand, I patted her head, "He's gone." I spoke softly, hoping she would understand. She looked up and blushed, realizing how closes our faces were. 

I chuckled a bit and moved back. I wanted to ask why she was so scared, but I figured it was to personal. Instead, I pretended like nothing happened, "Let's go," I smiled.

 

She smiled back in gratefulness.