Chapter 4

Dark side of the moon

Luhan felt the warmth spread through his body as he walked back into his world. All he knew was Lay came rushing to Kris and flung his arms around his neck and hugged till Kris said ' Can't breathe"

 

Lay let go and hit Kris. "You dumb idiot I was so scared! What if something happened to you? You're so dumb seriously I don't what I would have done if you got hurt if Luhan hyung hadn't found you. I would have been so lost without you,". Lay hugged him " Don't do that again Pabo. Okay?"

 

"Okay." Kris hugged Lay for what seemed ages but Luhan controlled himself not to say " get a room." To be honest he actually found it cute. But at the same time weird. He was just standing there when Lay and Kris were hugging.

 

Awkward.

 

When Lay finally let go of Kris. He looked up at Luhan and realised Luhan had been there the whole time. A blush crept onto Lays face. He shuffled his feet and looked at his feet.

 

"Come on I want to eat that cake you made me." Luhan said walking back the way they had come. Luhan still couldn't believe he had crossed the border the one thing he had been forbidden  to do and he hadn't ever wanted to disobey  the king.

 

This king was like a father to Luhan. But then again Luhan had never known his dad. All he knew was that his mother had bought him up since he was a kid. Til one day she didn't come home for Luhan's 9th birthday making a hole in Luhan's precious heart but, she always used to tell him.

 

"When I go  you have to always take care of yourself but especially your heart because when everything gets dark and lonely it will show you the way to happiness because it knows you better Than anyone.

It knows who your love is and that person will always be by your side no matter what."

 

Luhan had never had the guts to ask his mum why his dad left her because he never wanted to see her sad. Because his mum was that special person she always talked about. But now he didn't have one and he didn't  want one because it would just  going to hurt him again. The closest thing to family was Kris and Lay and he felt like they were his little brothers that's why he went in after Kris. That's why he went after Kris because if something happened to him Lay would be forever lost just like how Luhan was when he lost his mum but this time the king wouldn't be there to help Lay and Luhan knew he wouldn't be much help.

 

" Is it true?" Lay asked as he caught up to Luhan.

 

"What?" Luhan asked furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

 

"Kris said you found your Prince Charming and you were fighting like an old married couple."

 

Luhan snorted. "Yeah in his dream."

 

"Luhan you are such a bad liar you were so in love with your slimy frog!" Kris pointed at Luhan accusingly

 

"Kris you say another word and I swear I will hit you!" Luhan warned.

 

Kris muttered something under his breath and crossed his arms over his chest

 

Luhan  sighed as he shook his head.

 

He really needed new friends. Although he did like being in Kris' and Lay's company.

 

Once they got home Luhan was forced fed cake by Lay and Kris. He did end up enjoying it and after they played musical chairs and other childish activities.


For the first time in a very very long time Luhan had actually celebrated his birthday and he actually felt at home.