Ghost whisperer

Dead & Gone

A/N: Thanks to some brainless person, who thought it would be fun to do a bomb threat at the university, 

my classes are cancelled and I have the time to update this story sooner than expected.

--- 

That evening I can’t stop thinking about poor Nichkhun, who probably can’t play the piano for a while, and the evil laugh I had heard after the incident. A soft knock on my door and the voice of my little brother pull me out of my deep thoughts.

 

“Taec-hyung, mommy asked me to come and get you. Dinner’s almost ready and she said it’s rude to stay in your room when there are visitors.”

 

A sigh escapes my lips as I get up from my bed. Wooyoung leads me to the living room, where my father’s young, handsome colleague immediately  gets up when we enter. I greet the man, who introduces himself as Chansung, with a silent bow and sit down on the other couch, next to my father. Not long after, my mother appears from the kitchen, announcing that dinner’s served.

 

During the meal, that is spent in complete silence,  I notice Chansung is glancing at me quite regularly. A cold shiver runs across my spine and I shift on my chair, uncomfortable and irritated by the stranger’s unsubtle, intense stares.

 

After the meal I reluctantly join the man in the living room, while my mother washes the dishes and my father takes Wooyoung to bed. From the beginning I feel extremely awkward, but when he starts to speak I feel even more awkward.

 

“Do you believe in a spiritual world, Taecyeon-ah?”

 

I look at him as if he’s world’s greatest rarity.

 

“You see, I have a spiritual gift,” he explains in a strong, sturdy voice. “I can feel the spiritual energy of the other world. And at this very moment, I sense an extremely strong energy source around you.”

“Around me?”

 

I have to bite my lip in order to not start laughing at the man in front of me. Spiritual world as in ghosts? Ha!

 

“I believe a ghost is trying to contact you, Taecyeon-ah.”

 

My mouth falls open in disbelief when pictures of the moving piano keys flash across my mind. Could it be that…?

 

“Have you recently been faced with the decease of a beloved one?” Chansung asks, interested curiosity audible in his voice.

 

I nod, too astonished to form a proper sentence. But I recover and answer to the unasked question when I notice the man’s questioning look.

 

“My bo- beloved girlfriend,” I correct quickly.

“That’s odd,” he answers, confusion washed over his features. “I can clearly sense a male energy.”

 

My cheeks start to burn in shame as I cast my eyes downwards. The man doesn’t stop the staring and gives me one of the warmest, kindest smiles I’ve ever seen.

 

“Oh… I understand,” he giggles.

 

Chansung stays silent, caught in thoughts probably, before he speaks again.

 

“You should try to contact the ghost, otherwise he…” he looks at me intensely. “May I ask his name?”

“Minjun.”

 

I smile as the world’s prettiest name rolls over my tongue.

 

“Otherwise Minjun will never be able to cross to the other side and he will keep wandering in between the two worlds forever.”

“So you believe there’s another life after this one?”

“Yes, of course. When we die, it’s only our body that dies. The soul never dies, it just leaves the body’s cocoon and crosses to another world. Like a caterpillar that becomes a butterfly.”

“Do people forget their previous life when they die?” I ask, sincerely curious.

“No, I don’t think so. I believe everyone cherishes the most precious memories of their life… even when they die.”

 

Silence settles in between us as I let Chansung’s words sink in. Then I’m reminded of something he has said to me previously.

 

“You said I have to contact Minjun’s ghost. But how’s that possible without a spiritual gift like yours?”

“There’s no general  method, the process is different with every ghost. You just have to follow your heart and open up completely to the spiritual world and the ghost himself. There’s a reason why he’s still here and is trying to contact you. I would love to help you, but he won’t answer as long as there’s anyone close to you. I can sense he’s a very introvert person.”

“Yeah, that’s Minjun. Serious and calm, until we are alone.”

 

I smile sadly at the thousands of memories that fill my mind, but I don’t feel as heartbroken as I would feel before when I thought of my lost love.

 

The awkward feeling that was almost sensible before our conversation has completely disappeared by the time my father enters the living room after bringing Wooyoung to bed. I know our conversation has come to an end, so I get up, bid my goodbyes to Chansung and head upstairs to finish my homework.

---

A/N: The final 2PM member has made his appearance.

And what do you think of the chapter picture, you like it?

I made it myself (I'm trying out some new graphic stuff lately)