The song

Dead & Gone

It’s been a couple of weeks since the bewitched piano first started to play without someone touching the keys. However it didn’t last with that one time. Since the day of the funeral the piano has played by himself several times, filling the house with shrieking noises. Every day it plays a few more tones than the day before, but then the entire house turns silent again as if nothing has happened. The first couple of times the instrument started to play without me sitting behind it, I was scared to death. After a while, however, I got used to the noises. They even calmed me down in a very strange way.  But I have never touched the black wing piano after Minjun’s death, except for one time. That was the day after the funeral, after my first experience with the bewitched instrument. Back then I simply thought the strings needed to be tuned. The piano proved me wrong, so I have reason to believe there’s something else wrong with that instrument. What exactly, I haven’t figured out yet.

 

And there’s something else suspicious about the entire bewitched piano and stuff... it always occurs when there is no one home except for me. Never has the piano played when my parents or my little brother were home, as if the piano is trying to contact me but it has to stay a secret for the rest of the world.

 

When I’m talking about all these circumstances, I get the feeling that I’m stuck in some kind of horror movie, in which an evil ghost is haunting the principal character’s house. When the ghost and the main character finally start to interact, the human being helps the ghost to cross the border between this life and the next one. Happily ever after. I laugh at the crazy thought and shake my head to erase it from my mind.

 

~

 

Today I’m expecting another stunt from the black instrument, since my parents are having dinner (again) with my father’s colleagues and my little brother is staying with my grandparents for the night. It seems my parents don’t trust me anymore. Before Minjun’s death, I always had to babysit my little brother, Wooyoung. Wooyoung is six years old (huge , I know... I’m guessing he was a little accident, but I’ve never dared to ask my parents), he is a little bundle of energy and has those incredibly cute puppy eyes that will look up at you in admiration. To him I am a role model, his big brother, the hero that will save the world from imaginary monsters. I am his favourite playmate, Minjun is in second place... Excuse me, was in second place. Wooyoung loved Minjun. So when my parents were going out he would always asks me with his cute, whiny voice to call Minjun to come over. I always obeyed, of course. Who wouldn’t take every chance to see the love of his life? Furthermore, these babysit nights gave some opportunities to discover another side of Minjun. Let me explain it: Wooyoung is still a child, children have to go to bed quite early, and my parents don’t have the habit to come home early after a dinner with their friends. Now you can probably guess what happened in the living room when my little brother went to bed.

 

But since a couple of weeks, after that horrible day at the hospital, my parents won’t leave me alone with my little brother any longer. The shrink, whom I had to visit because ‘I wasn’t behaving as I supposed to be’ according to my mother,  claimed my depression could be dangerous for Wooyoung. And if the doctor has said so, it’s irrefutable. Even after I had tried to explain that my brother’s company would help me to get better, my parents wouldn’t listen. That’s why they asked my grandparents to babysit him today and I had to stay home... home alone... with that piano.

 

The night falls and I’m finishing my homework at the dining table.  Suddenly the piano starts to play, like I predicted. After a few notes I expect the instrument to return silent again, but it keeps on playing. Today it seems the piano is trying its very best to play more than just a few notes, it’s trying to play a complete song. My mouth falls open in shock, chin almost touching the ground, when I finally recognise the song. It’s not just an ordinary song the instrument is playing. It is a memorable song I will never ever forget.

 

I take the necklace with the fine silver ring and go back in time to one of the most wonderful days in my life. 

-----

Wooyoung was the best candidate for the role of little brother, don't you think so?

Next chapter another 2PM member will make his entrance =D

Who will it be?? Chansung or Nichkhun?? 

 

Thanks for reading, commenting, upvoting <3