Drinking fountain

Dead & Gone

A/N: Hello I'm back! I had a wonderful holiday with enough time to think about new stories and ideas for the next chapters of ongoing stories. Now school's starting again, so I'm afraid I'll have less time to update. However I won't leave you, my dear subbies <3

Enjoy the chapter! (I'm off to sleep - tomorrow is a big day = my first kpop concert ever!!)

---

Today is the first day I’m going back to school after Minjun’s death. Though I begged my parents to let me stay home for another day they didn’t allow me, saying it was ‘only a friend who died’. How cruel those two could be sometimes! If they’d only know how my heart feels at this moment… like a hellfire is burning inside my chest, a torturing pain that won’t go away even when I’m asleep.

 

I drag my feet to school, hoping I’ll be given permission to skip classes when I arrive late. But because my mother decided to drop me off almost in front of the school gates, afraid that I might play truant when she’d let me walk to school as I usually do, there’s no chance I’ll be late today. Every person wearing the same ugly dark blue school uniform watches me closely as I pass by. The look in their eyes makes me so uncomfortable and upset. I want to ask them what’s wrong, why they’re watching me like an animal in the zoo, but I’m well aware of the reason why they’re giving me these looks. I hurriedly cross the playground and sit down on a bench close to the head entrance, but still a little out of sight. Suddenly my cell phone vibrates in the back pocket of my dark-coloured jeans. Wondering who would send me a message at this time of the day, I take the device out of my pocket and open the envelop on the screen.

 

Good luck on school today, hyung!

I know you’re going through tough times, but you’re strong… You’ll survive.

Oh, and hyung… If you need me, my phone’s on day and night (yes, even at school ㅋㅋㅋ).

 

~ Junho ~

 

I can feel the edges of my mouth tilting up. That guy was quite something. I let out a deep sigh. My first thoughts of him had been so wrong. After Minjun’s death I discovered his true personality. The way he supported me in the hospital was incredible, as if we had been friends for years. Furthermore, he is the only one I can share my memories of Minjun with. I cannot believe I have ever felt any jealousy towards that innocent boy. I had been too hard on him, prejudicing him before I’d even met him properly. I should apologize, but he wouldn’t understand what I’m apologizing for. I’ve never expressed the jealousy that was eating me from the inside, not to him at least. Minjun was the only one who had noticed my strange behaviour and that led to some serious fights between us.

 

Burying those unfair and foolish feelings inside my heart and trying to forget them will solve it as well, I conclude as the first bell signal interrupts my thoughts. I get up and decide to pass by the drinking fountain before the first class is starting. A fine spurt of water starts running as I push the metal button. I bend forward to drink when I suddenly feel a soft tingling on my lips, as if someone or something soft is touching my lips. Stunned, I take a step back and bring my trembling fingers to my lips. I’ve only felt this kind of tingling in one sort of situation before… My dark eyes fill with hot tears as the soft tingling is still sensible on my mouth. My heart has started to race due to the shock and I have to take in a few deep breaths before I’m able to calm down. As my breathing has almost returned back to normal I pick up my bag – which I dropped at my feet – and leave for the first class.

 

When I enter the classroom, the entire room turns silent. Every student and even the teacher looks at me, fake compassion filling their dark orbs. The stares make me uncomfortable and I try to ignore them to the best of my ability. Luckily most of the students are sensible enough and try to avoid the touchy subject or some even avoid me entirely. Though people don’t talk about it I’m constantly faced with the painful loss. The empty seat in the classroom, which isn’t occupied by the most handsome creature I’ve ever met, reminds me every time of the desperate look in the doctor’s eyes exactly a week ago. The tingling I felt this morning at the drinking fountain also makes its appearance in my thoughts quite often. A week ago I would have been glad to feel that tingling, as it would only run down my spine when Minjun kissed me passionately. Now it only gives me the horrible kind of goose bumps.