A Day at the Beach!

What I'd Do To Have You!
Over a month passed since the confession and Jungkook didn't seem bothered that I liked him. In fact, we hung out more frequently, if that was possible, even outside of school. 
 
~March, 2013~
 
As I sat in the front seat of the car with the windows down, sunglasses on, and fresh beach air flowing throughout the vehicle, I waited patiently, mostly sleeping, as we made our way to the beach. After passing by many beach side buildings, we reached our destination shortly. I hurriedly exited out of the car and grabbed my bag full of beach necessities. 
 
"Thanks for dropping me off appa!" I thanked my dad and told him what time he would be picking me up from the beach. After going through his mental checklist of supplies for the beach, my appa finally left and I looked around for anyone that I could easily recognize. 
 
"Where are you guys?" I whispered to myself. 
 
"Hunnie-ah! Over here!" I heard Sulli yell while waving her arms high up in the air. 
 
I waved back amused by her loud greeting and walked over to the spot where she had occupied. Upon arrival, Sulli quickly hugged me tight making me almost lose my balance. 
 
"Calm down Sulli!" I said.
"I just saw you yesterday!" 
 
The said girl only laughed and ran to the side where someone else was. I quickly noticed a dark blonde head of hair and recognized the person as Taemin. 
 
"Yo Tae!" I greeted the blonde boy. 
 
Tae only nodded his head and turned his attention to Sulli. I set my bag down next to Taemin and Sulli's and put my glasses on a near by table.  I sat at the opposite side of the couple. I watched them as they were cuddled on a bench whispering who-knows-what to each other. After a few seconds of awkwardly watching the couple, I decided that I should stop them and ask a question. 
 
"So where is the birthday boy?" I asked the couple finally gaining their attention. 
 
"He's here.."Sulli replied. 
 
"He just went to change." Tae explained and I nodded my head. 
 
"Why? Can't wait to see your boyfriend?" Sulli teased and stuck out her tongue. I only shook my head. 
 
"You know we're not going out." I defended shortly.
 
"But you still like him!" She countered quickly. 
 
"We're not going out and its going to stay like that!" I spat back half annoyed. 
 
"Who are you not going out with?" I heard a familiar voice ask.
 
I turned around to a confused looking Jungkook. He wore a sleeveless shirt, which hung loosely on his frail body, and showed off his milky white skin. His hair was slightly messy but in a way that complimented his cute facial features. His eyes looked curious with a shade of brown that reflected off the sun in a glisten. I took a moment to admire the adorable sight before me and urged myself not to drool in front of him. My heart beat and a drop of sweat rolled down my forehead slowly. It wasn't long till someone else's voice took me out of my reverie. 
 
"He said-" Sulli started but I quickly covered with my hand to stop her from saying anything. 
 
"No one! Don't worry about it Kook!" I lied quickly while struggling a bit to keep Sulli quiet.
 
The said boy went from a confused look, to a disappointed expression and it made my heart drop a few feet. 
 
"O-okay..." He mumbled and looked away slightly depressed which made my heart sink more causing me to let go of Sulli. An awkward silence surrounded us and it made me even more nervous.
 
"Uh, Happy Birthday!" I said trying to lift up his pretty low mood. He looked up at me with a small, but still noticeable, sad smile. 
 
"Thanks..." He mumbled quietly and sat on the other bench that wasn't occupied. I watched him with his shoulders slumped and his head hung low. 
 
Sulli nudged my side and glared at me. I shrugged my shoulders and tried to think of a way to cheer up the sad Birthday Boy. I quickly remembered the letter that I made for him and retrieved it out of my bag quickly. 
 
"Hey, I almost forgot..." I sat down next to the younger boy. I held the card in his view and he looked at it before taking it in his hands. 
 
"Read it!" I advised and Jungkook opened the letter and read it slowly. I held in a breath as he read and after a few agonizing seconds he looked at me with a more assuring smile. 
 
"Thank you." His mood seemed brighter than before. 
 
"You're Welcome." I replied happily and smiled at him. We stared at each other for a while, and my heart beat began to speed up again. It didn't take long for Tae to clear his throat catching both of our attentions at the same time. 
 
"Are we gonna swim or are you two just gonna sit there staring at each other?" Tae asked sarcastically as he walked towards the beach.
 
"Of course!" I stood up quickly and removed my shirt, letting the beach breeze slide against my torso. 
 
"Whoa..." I heard Jungkook gasp and looked at the boy whose eyes were traveling up and down my body.
 
"What? Like what you see?" I teased with a smirk and gave a small wink at the birthday boy who seemed to blush at the action. 
 
"N-no!" He defended immediately and looked away, blush still visible on his face, causing me to chuckle. 
 
"Come on then!" I said, which Jungkook agreed to without hesitation. The latter removed his top revealing his smooth, milk colored skin. His body wasn't well toned, which was good, and his skin was flawless and smooth. It was my turn to stare and I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. 
 
'Beautiful' I thought. As if he read my mind he looked at me with big eyes. 
 
"W-what?" He asked bashfully. 
I blinked repeatedly trying my best not to speak my thoughts. 
 
"Nothing, let's go!" I said and ran towards the salty blue water. Jungkook followed suit and we ended racing to see who would get to the water first. I reached the shallow pools first and Jungkook was close behind. 
 
"I won!" I shouted victoriously and raised my arms in the air as if it were a real race. Jungkook scoffed and folded his arms. 
 
"You only won because you cheated!" He accused and I gasped over dramatically. 
 
"I did no such thing!" I said sarcastically.
 
"Mhmm" Jungkook hummed suspiciously and splashed me with the salty water taking me by surprise, he laughed.
 
"Yah!" I yelled and started splashing water back at him which led to both of us getting into a splash fight with each other.
 
The splashing ended with dying laughter and soaked hair, and we decided to go for a swim. As I moved farther out to the water, Jungkook seemed to slow down a bit. I quickly noticed his slow pace and turned to ask why. 
 
"You ok?" 
 
Jungkook stopped where his body was still visible and nodded his head slowly which showed that he was a little hesitant. 
 
"Are you sure?" I asked again. 
 
The younger didn't move an inch and I swam back to check on him. 
 
"What's wrong then?" I questioned him. 
 
"I-it's just... I c-can't really swim." He said shyly and let his head face down into his reflection.
 
I smiled slightly and placed my hand on his drenched hair. 
 
"It's ok." I said. 
"We won't go out that far then. And if you do end up that far, I'll save you." I reassured him. His face immediately shot up and his eyes widened. 
 
"Really?" He asked, a hint of worry in his voice.
 
"Yeah..." I nodded and took my hand off his head.
 
"O-ok" He agreed. 
 
"Come on!" I said as I grabbed the finger tips of his small hand with my thumb and finger and lead him to the point where the water exposed my chest and reached up almost to his shoulders.
 
"It's not so bad, right?" I said and Jungkook only nodded.
 
"I guess not..." He chuckled cutely. 
 
We swam for a little more and ended up returning to our spot where the couple had been cuddling on the bench. Jungkook and I stood watching as the couple cooed at each other. We shook our heads and decided to leave the couple to their moments. I grabbed my bag of clothes and walked to the nearest bathroom to change into. When I got back from changing into my clothes, Jungkook was sitting on the bench near the table examining the sunglasses that I left there intently.
I watched him longer than I should have.
 
"Wanna wear them?" I asked Jungkook, surprising the boy a bit as he quickly put the sunglasses back on the table.
 
"U-um-" He started but I cut him off. 
 
"Its ok, you can wear them if you want." 
 
"C-Can I?" He asked unsurely. Sighing, I sat down next to him and grabbed the glasses.
 
"Of course." I reassured him. Jungkook looked more than happy and I handed him the glasses. Our hands touched as I gave him the sunglasses and it sent a sudden shock from my fingertips to my spine. Our eyes caught each other and for a moment neither of us said a word. Jungkook looked away suddenly and pulled the glasses completely out of my hands. 
 
"T-thank you...again." He mumbled as he looked away, avoiding my gaze. 
 
"No problem." 
 
Another silence was in the air. 
 
"Aren't you gonna wear them?" I asked. 
 
"Oh, right!" He put the glasses on quickly which it ended up looking a bit off. 
 
"Here, let me help you." I took off the glasses from his eyes and wiped them till they were clean. 
 
"Look here." I said though he seemed be staring at the ground. 
 
"Hey." He looked mesmerized by the ants crawling on the ground. I sighed deeply and grabbed his chin. Facing his head towards me I scoffed. 
 
"I said, look here!" His eyes widened.
 
I held the glasses in front of his eyes, before putting it on him completely. He looked cute with my glasses on him. I smirked at the thought. 
 
"Not bad." I nodded my head while examining Jungkook. 
 
Jungkook huffed and avoided my gaze by staring to the opposite side. I chuckled before ruffling his hair. After almost forgetting, I checked the time on my phone and sighed as I realized that our day at the beach would soon come to an end. 
 
"What's wrong?" Jungkook asked innocently. 
 
"I gotta go soon." I told him. 
 
"Really?" He looked kinda disappointed. 
 
"Yeah, sorry..." I grabbed my bag and my clothes. 
 
"I'm gonna go change." I said as I walked away from our spot the nearest restroom. 
 
"I need to change too!" Jungkook followed me quickly after getting his bag. 
 
While he was changing in the restroom stall, I waited for him to finish and was examining myself in the mirror. Everything was silent until he spoke. 
 
"S-sehun?" 
 
"Yeah?"  
 
"D-do... do you work out?" He asked shyly. 
 
"Sometimes..." I told him truthfully and he hummed. 
 
"Why do you ask?" 
 
"No reason!" 
 
I chuckled to myself. 
 
"Ok, I'm done!" He walked out of the stall wearing a white t-shirt, and  brown shorts. He still had my glasses on, but I didn't really notice nor care. 
 
"Let's go then." We walked back to our spot where Sulli and Tae were wearing there casual clothes.
 
"Good, you guys are done!" Tae exclaimed getting only a nod from both of us. 
 
"Sehun, I need a ride!" Sulli said suddenly. 
 
"Me too!" Tae agreed. 
 
"Can you drop me home too?" Jungkook asked. 
 
I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose. 
 
"Ok, I'll ask my dad if he can." All three of them cheered a little and I only shook my head at the childish acts. After calling my dad and confirming that he could drop them home, we waited until he came. 
 
After about 30 minutes of waiting, my dad finally arrived and we all entered the car. I awkwardly introduced my dad to Sulli, Tae, and Jungkook. Our first stop was to drop Tae to his house first, then Sulli's house. Jungkook's house was our last destination, and we pulled over infront of his house. 
 
"I'll walk you in." I said to Kook and we exited at the same time. I walked him to the front door of his house and we stood there awkwardly, occasionally staring at each other and the ground. 
 
"Well, I guess I'll see you at school?" 
 
"Yeah... Here's you glasses by the way." He took off my glasses, which I completely forgot he was wearing, and gave it back to me. I thanked him. He gave a quick 'bye and opened the door to his house. Before he could enter it fully, I grabbed his wrist. 
 
"Happy Birthday, again..."
 
"Thanks." He grinned cutely and disappeared into his house. 
 
I smiled contently. 
 
'Thank you, for such a memorable day'
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
_____________________
Ok, I'm sorry I haven't been updating for a while! There was just soo much going on with school and with him (which isn't anything good, I'll tell you about it later in the chapters!) So yeah! There you have it, my reasons for not updating! And sorry again!!!