Chapter 1 - Friends?

Skyhigh.

'Ding dong deng dong~' 
The school bell went off just as Eunji stepped into the corridors of Jeollado high school. 
'Puff..puffff.' That god damn bus was moving as if it owned the whole road. It's a miracle I'm even in school.
Eunji walked towards her classroom, it was the first day being a senior in her school, she successfully made it through the first few torturous years as a junior and now it was her turn to be in power. She entered Class 3-04 and immediately saw her usual clique of friends clustered near the back of class probably spazzing over some new Kpop group again. 
'Ya, did you miss me?' Eunji said in her thick satoori and stood behind them, giving the 'coolest' pose ever. 
Her group of friends screamed in unison then swarmed Eunji with hugs as if she were some Kpop star to them. She felt good, good to see them and good to be loved. She took the seat next to her best friend, a foreigner called Isabel. Isabel was Singaporean and two years older. Her parents sent her to Korea to study since education there was crazy insane competitive. Being a foreigner had its perks, an instant status upgrade, she became the most popular and well liked girl in school, everyone knew her and everyone wanted to date her.The school bell rang for the second time and through the door emerged the ever familiar teacher, Ms Lee. Ms Lee was a nice lady, always friendly and approachable, if you catch her in a good mood that is. She left the door open, which was odd, Ms Lee was OCD, which meant everything needed to be in order and perfect, a door open like this needed to be closed, but it wasn't. Eunji shrugged, maybe it was a new and improved Ms Lee?


 

 
'Now Students! Welcome back to school!'
Ms Lee paused, as if waiting for the anticipated applause that never arrived 
'You guys are seniors now, that means more responsibilities and more pressure since you guys will be taking your exams at the end of the year.'
' Examsssssssss~ ugh' Eunji thought to herself. She had made a New Year's resolution for herself. 
' No distractions, No boys, just studying.' She wanted to get past the end of year exams, get into a great university then find a mature boyfriend for herself. It sounded like the perfect plan, a little far fetched but Eunji was the kind of person who sets her mind on something and does anything to get it. Ms Lee rambled on for a while before turning towards the door. 
' To join you this year, we have a transfer student! Please come in!' 
A boy emerged from the school corridor and into the classroom, his fringe covered one eye and he didn't lift his head up until he reached Ms Lee's side. The minute he looked up, the first thing he looked at was Eunji, straight into her eyes. When he realised he unconsciously did that, he immediately looked away. There was chatter in the classroom, especially with such a good looking lad joining them for class the girls would be delighted.
'Anneonghaseyo, I'm Seo In Guk, and i transferred from Gangnam High. Please take care of me and hope to get along with everyone!' The boy said cheerfully in a satoori accent, flashing a sweet smile that melted the hearts of all the girls in class except Eunji's. 
Eunji was a tough girl, a violent one in fact. She stood up for herself and didn't take any crap for the guys, it was more like she gave the guys the crap. She had some good guy friends in her school, some turned out to be s while others just normal boys, none mature men. They treated her as a brother and she was fine with that. If you asked her to be girly and cutesy, Eunji would rather turn full guy than do that. It wasn't in her genes to wear dresses or heels and she didn't plan to start anytime soon.
In Guk took the empty seat next to Eunji, he plopped his bag next to his seat and heaved a sigh of probable relief. Eunji turned her head to face him, she stared at him for a while trying to get his attention. In Guk finally noticed her gaze and turned to look at her back.
'Ban-gap ta (nice to meet you), I'm Eunji. Lets be friends.' She spoke. 
In Guk was a little shocked at how she was so direct with her words but he nodded anyway and replied 
'I'm In Guk, nice to meet you too friend!'   

'Okay class! Now take out your textbooks and turn to..'  Ms Lee turned her back to the class and began writing on the chalkboard.

Eunji pulled out her math textbook from her bag when Isabel nudged her with her elbow. 'Ya, you talked to In Guk right? How is he? Nice?' Isabel gave off a goofy smile while she asked. Eunji mocked Isabel's smile and replied, 'He's veeeeery nice~ just your style right.' 'No! My style is a man, a mature, logical, well-built man' Eunji smirked and brushed off her comment. 

'Psst.. PSSTTTT!' the boy in front of Eunji signalled to her. 

'What.' Eunji looked at the guy with her usual death-glare.

'Can.. can you pass this to Isabel..' He handed over a box with a letter on top of it. 

Eunji reluctantly took the parcel from his hands then plopped it onto Isabel's table. 'Here, another parcel for the popular lady.' 

'Ya.. Don't call me that. Ugh, guys are so annoying, what is it this time.' Isabel tried to give the arrogant look but Eunji knew she secretly liked all the attention she was getting.

'WHATEVER! STUDY, THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!'  Eunji thought to herself. She looked back down at her textbook and attempted some of the questions in the practice section. She completed the assigned questions then looked around the class. Her usual clique were obviously too busy with their texting or gossip, the nerds in the class were burying themselves with the hardest math questions they could find, Isabel was busy texting too but she looked to her right and saw In Guk. He twirled his pencil then began chewing on the end of it while he stared hard at the question. 

'Ya, you'll chew off the eraser you know that.' Eunji said as she stared at In Guk. He looked up from his textbook then realised he was about to swallow some eraser bits from his pencil. In Guk put his pencil down then rubbed the back of his head. 

'Uhhh.. I'm not that good at math. It's my enemy actually.' He gave her an awkward smile.

'Need some help?' Eunji asked.

'Yeah, thanks. How do you...' 

The duo talked for a bit before Ms Lee started to go through the answers of the assigned questions. They both retreated back into their seats after sharing answers, Eunji gulped down a bit of water before Isabel nudged her again.

'Chingu-ya~ what is this! Do you like him?' 

'Isabel Yoo, have you lost your mind. I just met him and I only treat him like a friend. Why, do you like him?' 

The bell for next class rang and everyone started to get restless. The minute Ms Lee left for her next class, Eunji's friends got up from their seat and made their way over to In Guk. Eunji couldn't be bothered, she plugged in her earphones and listened to some music before the next period. Her friends swarmed In Guk, shooting him with questions from where he was from, what he liked etc etc. It was blatantly obvious that they all thought he was cute and wanted his number, actually her friends would have done that with every guy. 

Next period began and it was on Korean history, a subject that Eunji didn't enjoy very much. She picked up her pencil and started to doodle on her textbook, colouring in the eyes of one of the historians. 

'Eunji-ssi.' She heard someone whisper.

Eunji looked up immediately, thinking it was the teacher who had discovered her doodles but he was writing on the chalkboard back facing the class. She turned to the side and saw In Guk staring at her, his hand reached out with a piece of paper. Eunji immediately took the paper from his hand and turned to Isabel to pass it to her but as she did so, In Guk exclaimed

'Not her! You!' 

Eunji looked at In Guk with a shocked face, she pointed to herself and said 'ME?' 

In Guk nodded, turning back to face the teacher. 

She stared at the paper, unfolded the layers and read the note.

'Eunji-ssi, thanks for helping me with Math just now. Hope we will get along well! Can we be friends? Text me :) 02-354-6654'

 

Did he just give me his number? 

 

 


YAY CHAPTER ONE! HAHA. Hello guyss :D I'm back! Hope you'll enjoy this new fanfic on Eunguk :> Remember to comment, subscribe and upvote if you like this fic! :> Chapter 2 coming soon~