Friends

My Lucky Charm, My Life Savior [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: yes, I haven't updated since forever and I'm super duper sorry for that but really, the past month was full of exams and this month as well will kill me just like April did. And I admit I've updated more on my other stories because they had more response. But I'm not being greedy or anything it's just that I hadn't inspiration for this story and the response wasn't that much either so I was kind of lost. But now I've found the way again so don't worry! I'm gonna make you fall in love with this story!

 

 

 

AUTHOR's POV 


Yunhee clutched tightly onto the keys in her hand. She looked at the wooden door standing in front of her and taking a deep breath, with unstable hands, she unlocked it. She had come to Naeun's house countless of times but for some reason she felt nervous. However, aware of Kai's gaze on her, she tried to calm herself down and twisted the knob taking in the familiar looking apartment. The first thing she noted, was the missing of the scent that used to welcome her when Naeun still lived there. But it had been quite a wile since Naeun stopped living there because of her cancer, which practically had made Naeun move in the hospital, and the small apartment had lost all its warmth. Yet the memories were still there and Yunhee couldn't help but feel a painful squeeze at her heart. And the pictures of their time together didn't help either. Strangely enough, in that moment she thought about Taemin, wondering if he was alright and regretting not having checked on him before leaving definitely the fancy house. She winced remembering the days after Naeun's death. The roles had completely changed, during those days she had been the one to take care of him and cheer him up...Which was a really big step for Yunhee, considering she had been depressed for three quarters of her life. 

"Do you need help in uhmm...unpacking?" Kai asked scratching the back of his back awkwardly, biting down his tongue for having formed such stupid words. She barely had something to unpack, how in the world would she need help? 

"Errrr...no thanks..." 

"But I'll need help unpacking the stuff I'm going to retrieve today from...my house" Yunhee shivered at the thought, but sooner or later she would have needed to go. 

"Oh" Kai oohed understandingly but soon froze, rewinding her words. "What?! You're not going anywhere near that house." He stated matter-of-factly, not accepting any rebuts. Just what was she thinking? Was she crazy? Going back to that hell when she had barely survived and when her bruises had just healed. 

"Okay okay I won't go anywhere, geez. Why so snappy?" Yunhee rolled her eyes raising her hands in surrender. The boy almost glared at her but was interrupted by the ringing of his phone. 

"I'll take this. It's the hospital." He informed pressing on the green button displayed on the screen while Yunhee nodded, now starting to worry about her brother. 

"Good news!" Kai beamed after hanging up, catching the girl's attention. His eyes sparkled in excitement as he looked happily at her. "Hyung's being discharged today!!!!!" 

"Then what are you still doing here!? Go and get him! I'll come later after unpacking and cleaning a little around" 

"Are you sure? I could always wait till you finish--"

"Go! The sooner he leaves the hospital, the better!" Yunhee instructed pushing Kai towards the door. The latter sent her a helpless look and complied, knowing there was no point arguing with her. 
When the door closed behind him the girl heaved a sigh of relief fishing out her own phone. She dialed the number and waited. 

"Yeobosaeyo?" 

"How are you?"

"Better, thank you. Actually I feel kind of good. How's Naeun's apartment?"

"Empty...Anyways let's go straight to the point. I can't ask Baekhyun nor anyone else...Can you come with me back to my house?" Yunhee could almost see him freezing on spot as he took a deep breath. 

"Have you gone mad? You really want to go back there? No. I won't let you." He hissed strictly

"Listen, I'm going wether you come with me or not. Plus my father is probably at work at this hour and I'm not stupid. I wouldn't go back if I weren't sure my father was there." 

"Aissh...fine. Just wait for me at Naeun's apartment."

"Good." And with that Yunhee hung up hoping her brother, Key and the others wouldn't find out about it. Otherwise she most likely would have been grounded for the rest of her life...yeah, as if the could actually do it. She chuckled darkly and looked around the house. It was a small apartment yet it had been taken care of fairly well, from the small kitchen incorporated in the living room, to the only bedroom and small bathroom that were at the end of the short hallway. Sure, it wasn't as big as the villa she had lived in till that moment, but she undeniably felt more comfortable in that small cozy flat. 

"Naeun-ah, are you watching? I'm finally here, as you wished, but you won't hate me if I go back there to retrieve my things right?" She whispered as if someone could hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter