I missed you

My Lucky Charm, My Life Savior [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUR POV 


I sighed while looking up at the clear sky. It seemed like the Heavens were happy and wanted us to be happy as well. Was it perhaps Naeun trying to comfort us? I glanced down at Taemin, his head resting on my lap as he slightly snored. Despite having his eyes closed, everyone could tell that he had cried from the puffiness and everyone could tell that he wasn't sleeping peacefully from his deep frown. 

"Naeun-ah..." He called making my heart clench at her name, I missed her..so much...But it didn't surprise me that he had just called for her seeing as he had fallen asleep from all the crying, just like a little kid. At first I had wanted to shake him off of my shoulder, but despite feeling uncomfortable, I had a heart as well. He was in pain just like I was and he had been the one to help me when I needed someone, and that was the right time to pay him back. Uneasily I had gently leaned his head on my lap, hoping the action wouldn't have woken him up. It still felt strange to care for someone who wasn't Naeun, yet it didn't feel wrong, so I just sat there awkwardly waiting for Taemin to wake up. 

"Naeun...Naeun...Oppa is here, don't worry..." He mumbled, his forehead wrinkling from the frowning. I just stared at him, not knowing what to do. True, I had promised Naeun to take care of him, but it just was so unnatural. I rose my hand to somehow comfort him, but I brought it back near my side when I saw him shifting uncomfortably as he mumbled incoherent words once again, words I knew were full of pain. I sighed *What would I do if it were Naeun having nightmares?*. I slowly brought my hands near his face, reluctantly brushing soothingly his hair and caressing his cheek. I almost smiled in accomplishment when he started to calm down and continued on repeating the actions till he started to sleep peacefully. Feeling relived I leaned my head against the wall behind me and closed my eyes, which were starting to feel heavy. 

"Calm down, I just want to take some fresh air!"

"Come on! You know that Hyung wouldn't be happy if I let you- Ouch, why did you stop so suddenly?!" I blinked my eyes open once again, the sudden interruption of silence bothering my rest. I turned around to face the intruders but froze on the spot, my hands stopping their movements. 

"Baek? You okay?" A cute boy with smiley eyes popped his head from behind Baekhyun to make sure the latter was alright. I diverted my attention from my supposed brother to the stranger and held the stare as he looked back at me, his eyes widening and his jaw dropping. He blinked a few times before grinning and waving at me, at which I didn't react as I shifted my gaze back on Baekhyun, not really interested in the new boy. 
I felt a little guilty when his eyes showed how much pain he had gone through because of me, dark rings under his tired orbs, pale skin, even paler than the last time I had met him. What had I been thinking when I had treated him so coldly? Why hadn't I considered his health first? Couldn't I have been kinder? *And when you'll meet your brother...don't be too cold, don't try too hold back, don't try to hide how much you've missed him* Naeun's wise words echoed in my head, making me reflect over them. Was it really the right thing to do? I was scared of opening up to him, what if I lost him as well, like all the people I had ever cared for? I hated to admit it but I had once cared for my mother, and where was she? She had abandoned me. My father, God only knew how much I loved him, and where was he? He had disappeared the right moment my mother had abandoned him, leaving a monster behind. A monster who wasn't even aware of his own actions. And Naeun? I didn't even want to repeat what had happened to her. It hurt only by saying those words. 

"Y-Yunhee..." Baekhyun reluctantly called for me with a soft and gentle voice, yet it seemed like he feared me, or better he feared I would have rejected him once again. I bit my lip guiltily, I didn't want my own brother to fear rejection when I was the first one to be afraid of it. Taking a deep breath I held his stare trying to at least smile at him, but Naeun's death came back into my mind as I looked at him, the loneliness I was feeling in that moment came back as I looked at him, the loneliness I had started to feel since all my family members, one by one, left me, came back as I looked at him, as I looked at that one person I had missed so much during all those years. Yes, my miserable attempt at smiling pretty much failed. 

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly. 
"No." 

 


BAEKHYUN's POV 

 

I was taken aback by her answer. On the one hand I was surprised that she had actually replied truthfully, almost as if she were trying to finally let me take part of her life, on the other, like the brother I was, I started to feel worried sick. Her word instantly made me more attentive and sensitive at her every detail as I started to check if her body had suffered any sort of abuse. I gasped when I noticed her even more purplish neck and her bruised cheek, which I hadn't taken in when I had first seen her sitting there as I had been too shocked by her prese

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter