New Yunhee

My Lucky Charm, My Life Savior [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR's POV


"So I guess I kind of am sorry for misunderstanding the whole situation..." Baekhyun trailed off, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. Now he felt guilty for acting before thinking, and Taemin's busted lip made him feel even worse, knowing he hadn't deserved such a treatment when he had been the one to help his dear sister. 

"It's alright...I probably would have reacted the same way. And beside I have to thank you for punching me, it actually has helped me to get my senses back, if not I would have probably kept on wallowing in sorrow." Taemin's words made Yunhee's grip on Baekhyun's hand tighten, as she could clearly reflect her own self in Taemin. It was true, if her brother hadn't shown up to divert her attention elsewhere, she would have probably mourned over Naeun's death the whole day.
Baekhyun looked at Yunhee, feeling her pain through her tightening grip around his hand. He didn't know what exactly had happened to her, but she was in a hospital and she was broken, and that was enough to tell him she was in deep pain. Looking at her crestfallen state, he had the urge to ask her what in the world had happened to her, but he stopped himself. Would it be too soon to ask her about something so personal? Yet he was worried sick and he felt undeniably left out, and Yunhee was aware of his feelings. She could see the undecidedness in his eyes and couldn't help but squeeze his hand in a reassuring manner. 

"If you want to know you just have to ask...oppa..." Yunhee weakly smiled at her brother. It was difficult to suddenly open up to someone who was practically a stranger, but she had made a promise to Naeun and she was going to keep it, not only for her bestfriend but for her own self as well, because she knew that she would have regretted it if she hadn't opened up to Baekhyun. 

"It's alright, I can wait till you're ready. That's the least I can do for not protecting you from...our father.." He bit his bottom lip. It was so hard to keep himself calm, it was so hard to resist the urge to kill his own father. He was boiling in anger and all he wanted was to find that monster and strangle him to death, but he couldn't for he knew Yunhee loved their father dearly despite the mistakes-if abusing her could be even called a mistake-he had done. 

"But I want to tell you because you know? Just a few hours ago I've made a promise to someone I really really love, or better my bestfriend. She made me promise to open up with my brother if I happened to meet him again, to let my walls down for him to enter once again in my complicated life...She probably kno-knew me better than I do...but sadly...she passed away...this morning..." Baekhyun whimpered inwardly at the pain painted on his sister face. He remembered the day she asked him if it was possible to overcome cancer, he had imagined that she or someone she knew suffered of cancer, but he hadn't imagined that girl he had coincidentally met to be his own little sister and he hadn't imagined how much it hurt to see her hurting. 

"I'm sorry--"

"It's alright oppa. It's all my fault, I've been given a lot of time to accept the fact that she would have died, but I was stubborn enough to hope she would have somehow been cured. At least you're here and you've overcome it...that's enough of a consolation" 

 

----------

 

Two weeks had passed since Naeun's death and surprisingly Yunhee had somehow recovered from it. Of course she missed her bestfriend desperately, but she had learned that accepting her death and knowing that her bestfriend had left with an easy heart, made it easier to overcome the pain. Or was it because throughout everything she had been helped by none other than her brother and Key? Sure, she and Baekhyun still had a long way to go for them to be as close as they were before, but it still was a big step and the fact that Key represented almost a motherly figure, had probably helped Yunhee to open up more to Baekhyun. What about Taemin?Yunhee had actually helped him, and that was something, wasn't it? The old caring, sweet and happy-go-luc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter