A messed up girl

My Lucky Charm, My Life Savior [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
AUTHOR's POV     The sun shone brightly in the sky, birds happily chirping at the warm weather of May and kids eagerly skipping their way towards school accompanied by their parents. A very heartwarming day if you asked, but not for Shim Yunhee, not inside her so-called home, not inside her so-called family, not inside her heart.  She shot her eyes open as soon as her alarm rang, not wanting to wake her sleeping father up, and stared, like every morning, at the frame set on her nightstand. Her heart clenched at the memories of those happy times when her family could still be called family, when she would come back home with a smile on her face, when she loved dinner time because everyone would gather around the table and chat the time away, when she still could feel loved, when she didn't feel lonely. But like the word itself said, they were nothing but memories, happy yet painful memories, hence they shouldn't have been running through her mind in that moment, she couldn't afford it. Blocking her thoughts away, Yunhee headed towards her bathroom and automatically bit her bottom lip when pain shot through her body. She looked at her legs and arms, bruises and cuts were covering her white and milky skin, and when she stared at her reflection in the mirror, she couldn't even manage to be surprised at the image she found. It happened almost daily, so often that she couldn't even remember her real appearance. The girl that was staring back at her, had a slightly swollen cheek, bruises around her neck and a fresh cut on her forehead.  Sighing, she started brushing her teeth while skillfully applying some healing cream on her various injuries, her mind replaying the horrendous scene of the previous night. She had wanted to scream, to shout for help, but, like every time, she had found herself without the heart to do it, because she knew he loved her, that he didn't want to do it, heck he didn't even know what he was doing! But no matter what, those cuts didn't only leave scars on her skin, but in her heart too.        When she arrived at school it was already late, the bell had probably rang ten minutes before she stepped into her classroom.  She wanted to laugh and roll her eyes when the teacher didn't say anything after noting that it had been her the student who was being late. The rumors about her beating everyone up, scared to death even the teachers, so much that they didn't dare to scold her. And she, of course, didn't miss her classmates' eyes on her while they whispered and shared more rumors about her appearance as if she wasn't even there. Did they actually have hearing problems? They were practically shouting for Pete's sake!    Not caring about their conversations, Yunhee zoomed them out and headed towards her seat, which was the one in the corner, at the back of the class. Her eyes travelled out of the window but didn't remain there long since she could feel someone burning their stare right on her. Feeling uncomfortable she turned around, scanning the class where everyone had gone back to listen the teacher, everyone but one person, who was openly observing her. She furrowed her brows, no matter how much she had ignored her classmates she clearly remembered their faces and names, but the boy she was looking at in that moment, was a complete stranger, and a very handsome one at that. His hair was messy yet looked stylish, his lips were full, seeming soft and kissable, his eyes were deep and black and his slightly dark skin just made him look manlier and quite an eye-candy, she had to admit, but she wouldn't have ever said it out loud.  Was he perhaps a new student? And why was she even asking herself? She wasn't interested so why so many questions? Shrugging and breaking the stare, she drifted her attention back to the clear sky, still feeling the unknown boy staring intently at her.      "Omo omo! Look at the new student approaching Shim Yunhee!" A girl squeaked pointing an accusing finger at the new boy. Everyone followed her index and watched as the boy cooly walked towards Yunhee, who was still lost in the sky, deep in her own thoughts.    "Hi, I'm Kim Jongin, but you can call me Kai!" Kai introduced himself while his gaze scanned her body up and down. Though she was wearing a hoodie and a pair of long jeans, he noticed the bruises on her wrists and the cuts on her face. What the hell had happened to her? He could have believed the rumors going around about her being involved in fights every single day, but he was intelligent enough not to fall for them and she just seemed to be the girl he was searching for.   Hearing someone talking to her, Yunhee snapped her head to glare at Kai. "Get lost." She ordered coldly, feeling uneasy as he scrutinized her face, seeming to be thinking about the source of her injuries. She rose a surprised brow when he walked around her desk and actually sat on it, bending himself down to face her, at which she backed away as much as her chair could let her.    "I'll leave only if you tell me your name." He stated, crossing his arms and looking at her expectantly, her classmates already gossiping away. Yunhee flinched, what did the new boy want anyways? And hadn't he heard her name from her classmates? They were gossiping non-stop, and at a loud tone even.   "I'm sure you've heard my name from them Jongin-ssi, so now that you know my name get lost. I'm sure you'll be able to find a friend in another person." She stated and pulling her hoodie up, she turned her head to once again observe the sky, somehow it had always managed to fascinate her with its pure colors.    "I said that I'll leave only if YOU tell me your name. Yes, they're being very loud while gossiping but they're just spreading rumors, and no one should believe in rumors. What if they're mistaking your name? I'm sure you don't want me to call you with a name that isn't yours." Kai retorted matter-of-factly. He knew perfectly that he was being annoying, but he just needed the confirmation, he had been transferring from a school to another just to find the girl he was searching for. And all the times he had found a Shim Yunhee, it had been disappointing.    "Gosh Jongin-ssi you're annoying. I'm Shim. Yun. Hee. Happy? Now, get lost." She waved him off, but immediately regretted when the action caused her swollen arm to shoot a pang of pain through her body. She resisted the urge to groan and instantly took her arm back, something that didn't escape Kai's sharp eyes. Had she really been involved in a fight the day before?   Yunhee sighed, why wasn't the new kid leaving like he had promised? His hard stare made her feel uncomfortable and, utterly frustrated, she shot up from her seat and walked out of the class, trying not to limp on the way.    She was startled to no end when someone grasped firmly on her shoulder, and automatically she shivered and let out a pleading whimper, her arms wrapped protectively around her body as she shut her eyes tightly, waiting for the worst to happen. When nothing came, she realized how stupid she was being. HE wouldn't have done that at school and not to mention during day time. When she opened her eyes once again, she met a pair of very much confused orbs.    "What's wrong?" Kai asked, suspicious of her behavior. The girl scanned her surroundings more than happy to know that no one had been there to witness her strange reaction.    "Nothing, I just hate being touched, so it would be very much appreciated if you restrained yourself from doing it." Yunhee snapped tearing his hand off of her shoulder. The boy squinted his eyes, not believing her words one bit, but decided to shrug it away. If he wanted to be her friend, he had to respect her personal space.    "Alright, let's go to eat my chingu!" Kai chirped joyfully, smiling widely at Yunhee. The girl rose a questioning brow. When the hell had they become friends? And when the hell had she agreed on eating with him?    "I don't need you as a friend and I believe you don't need me either. And I'm quite sure that I haven't ever agreed on eating with you." She said while walking away. That new kid was really becoming a pain in the and she didn't need more pain than she already had to suffer.   "But I'm a new student! I don't know where the canteen is!" Kai shouted from behind her as she rolled her eyes. Couldn't he find another person? But then again she wasn't that cold hearted, she wouldn't have let him starve to death. She decided she would have taken him there and then she would have left. That was quite a simple task and she was heading towards the canteen anyways. Hopeless she turned around to look at him, Kai was grinning innocently at her, knowing that she had given up.    "I'm taking you there, but that doesn't mean we're friends. Get it straight new kid." She informed walking at least at one meter distance from him. Kai observed her from behind, from what he had heard she had been a really cute and happy child. Had she been so traumatized? Or was he befriending the wrong girl again? He took a deep breath, he really hoped she was the right one, otherwise someone would have been really disappointed and sad.      When Yunhee left him in the canteen as she had already told him, he quickly fished out his phone dialing his friend's number while his eyes were still fixed on the girl's slowly retreating figure. He narrowed his eyes, was she limping? But his thoughts were dismissed when his friend's voice rang in his ears.    "Jongin" His voice almost seeming a sigh of relief. Had he been waiting for his call since the morning?   
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter