Chapter 2 (B)

Garden Mysteries

Ryeowook parked the Hyundai beside the white minivan at the back of the house, in front of the garage. Yoona hopped out, but Ryeowook got out a little later. He took his hand bag and Yoona's back pack and went around the car and removed the licence plate. He stuffed it into his bag, there, no clues as to where they'd been.

Yoona was standing in the driveway. 'This is really where we are going to live?' she asked for about the 50th time since they've pulled in the front of the house.

Ryeowook took a deep breath, 'Yes.'

'It's like a castle.' Yoona said while waving here hand in all kind of directions gesturing to the house. She then turned to the open gate of the garden and looked up at her father, 'Can I go see the flowers?'

'No, those are Jaejoong Hyungs flowers.' He heard a thud and watched an apple roll to his feet, he stared at it for seconds,'And stay away from the apple tree.'

'I don't like apples' Yoona replied immediately.

Ryeowook kneeled down on his knees in front of Yoona and held her by the shoulders while tugging her hair behind her ears, 'Ok, what's your're name?'

'Kim Yoona.'

'Where were you born?'

'In Daegu .'

'Where are you from?'

'Everywhere.'

He pecked her cheek. 'You understand why you have to say these things, right?'

'Because we're different here. We're not who we were.'

'You amaze me.' Ryeowook said ruffling her hair  while getting up.

They walked into the Kitchen through the sunroom, and Ryeowook looked around in awe with Yoona, surely a lot was changed. The kitchen had been remodelled. It was all stainless steel and efficiency, there were two ovens and a big refrigerator with it's own vintage touch to it. It almost looked like, a cut out kitchen from a vintage american film.

 (for you're convienence)

They walked wordlessly into the kitchen and sat watching Jaejoong put on the coffee and then slide two Pop-Tarts into the toaster. Ryeowook observed, Jaejoong had changed, not in big ways but small ones surely, like the way light changed throughout the day. A different slant and a different hue. He looked a lot like their Haloni now that Ryeowook looked carefully, Jaejoong seemed comfortable just like their grandmother the way she used to be, don't-move-me-and-I'll-be-comfortable.

Watching him. It suddenly occured to Ryeowook that Jaejoong had turned into a hansome guy or rather calling him beautiful would be appropriate. The man next door thought so too. He was clearly attracted to Jaejoong, Ryeowook had noticed that. And Yoona was captivated by him too, not taking her eyes off even when he placed a glass of milk and put warm Pop-Tarts on the table in front of her. Ryeowook observed silently. a smile lingering on his lips. 

'So, you run a catering company?' Wook asked when Jaejoong handed him a cup of coffee, 'I saw the van.'

'Yes,' Jae said, turning around to get his cup of coffee. His hairs were longer than they used to be, and they veiled to his shoulders. He used it for protection. If there was one thing Ryeowook knew from the core, it was hair. He loved working and styling hair. Hair said more about a person than they knew, and Ryeowook understood it's language naturally. It was like second nature to him.

He didn't have the energy to deal with Jaejoong right now if Jaejoong was going to make it so difficult, he knew that it would take time for his Hyung to forgive him but he was too tired to think about it now. He took a sip of his coffee and found that it had cinnamon, just the way his Haloni used to prepare it, just the liquid alone relaxed his mind and body. When was the last time he felt so relaxed,relieved and at peace? He wasn't sure he couldn't last much longer before he broke down in tears.

'Come on, Yoona,' Ryeowook said voice wavering due to heaviness. 'Let's go upstairs.'

'I left new sheets from Juri on the beds,' Jaejoong said in the same cold voice, making Wook flinch internally.

'Which room?' Ryeowook asked trying to hold himself up.

'Your room is still your room. Yoona can sleep in my old room. I sleep in Haloni's room now.'

Ryeowook led Yoona straight to staircase not looking around, he was disoriented enough and didn't want to discover any futher changes. Yoona ran upstairs and waited for Ryeowook to climb up. When Ryeowook saw the smile on her face it was all worth, seeing his child like that.

Ryeowook bought Yoona to Jae's old room, and Yoona ran to the window looking down. 'I like this room.'

'Your uncle used to spend hours at the window reading, listening music and sometimes just staring down at the garden. I'm going to start bringing up our things, come with me.'

Yoona looked at him hopefully, 'Can I stay up here?'

Ryeowook was too tired to argue, 'Fine, but don't leave this room.'

Ryeowook left Yoona, but instead of going downstairs he walked up to his old room. When he was young he used to spend time by himself in his room a lot styling and dressing while Jaejoong used to always roll his eyes at his antics, sometimes he used to imagine his Hyung as an evil demon while he was being trapped by him, like a fairy tale. After his mother left, Ryeowook even used to sleep with his sheets tied into a rope under his bed so he can crawl out when his mother would come back to take him. But then he realized his mother wasn't coming back. He also realised that his mother had done the right thing by leaving in first place. Ryeowook did the same, he left to follow his girlfriend Victoria Song to college because they were going to be in love for ever, he scoffed at the idea.

The room was a church of old memories. His bed and cupboard were still there. The full-lenght mirror still had old stickers. There wasn't any dust, the room smelled the same, like cloves and cedar. Jaejoong had taken care of it, he hadn't turned it into a sitting room or taken any of Wook's old furniture.

That did it.

Ryeowook went to the bed and sat. He put a hand over his mouth as he cried so that Yoona, singing quietly next room, wouldn't hear. So much was changed but the room was exactly the same like he had left it and a sudden nostalgia hit him. He wanted those protective arms around him, the warmth of the voice and the fimiliar words of comfort he used to seek whenever he had nightmares, he wanted his hyung. He missed his Jaejoong.

He crawled to the pillow at the top of the bed and curled into a ball. He cried hard muffling his sounds into it and he was asleep seconds later.

===================================================================================================

A/N: Hi there,

Here you go with a small update, an angsty chapter but it was necessary as we're focusing on Jae's and Wook's bromance too as much as the romantically involved couples which are soon to come up.

I hope it wasn't boring!!

Other than that I was thinking about making this story friends-only I don't know why but I'm self concious with my stories after getting bashed once I don't know I feel like taking precautions.

So maybe I would friends-lock this fic after 12 hours...

Sorry for the inconvienence but I learn from my mistakes.... ):

Take care, enjoy reading and comments are appreciated.

Thank you, peace!!