Chapter 4 (A)

Garden Mysteries

 Kyuhyun could still remember the day he and Ryeowook became friends. Ryeowook was sitting alone inside the dome of the monkey bars during break. Ryeowook semmed so sad that he went over to him and started climbing the bars above him.

Ryeowook had watched him for a while before asking, 'Kyuhyun,do you remember your Umma?'

He'd laughed, 'What kind of absurd question is that? Of course I do. I saw her this morning. Don't you remember yours?' 

'She left last year. I'm starting to forget her. When I grow up I'm never leaving my children'

Kyuhyun remembered feeling ashamed, a feeling so intense that he'd actually fell from the monkey bars. And from that day onwards they both stuck to each other like glue. For four years, they played and ate lunch together and compared homework answers and buddied up on class projects.

He had no reason to expect that, that things would be different once they were in middle school. But then he had walked into their homeroom and there he was. Ryeowook had grown in many ways that made his adolescent head spin. He was scared and ashamed to feel something so primal towards a guy, his best buddy, that he had ran away everytime Ryeowook approached him, he had never expected for his life to take turn like this, he was afraid about the judging eyes and the mockery that would follow, so to avoid miscomfort and confusion he had tried to look at other guys the same ways but it never felt the same, that was it, it striked him like a thunderbolt, that it was not any guy that would make him feel like that, it was only Ryeowook he'd ever want.

It was so unexpected, the attraction, and it made him miserable. He wanted things back the way they were, He was sure Ryeowook thought that he had abandoned him, like his mother. He felt terrible. In the end it was too late, Ryeowook fell hard for her, Victoria Song and had the courage of asking her out what Kyuhyun couldn't. Kyuhyun was left alone to mend his heart. He watched Ryeowook and Victoria, watched VIctoria's friends become his friends and he began acting like them, laughing at people in the hallways, even Kyuhyun.

'Stop staring so hard you'll knock him over.'

Kyuhyun turned to his Haraboji, who was sitiing in his aluminium chair behind the table, 'I was staring?'

'For the past 30 minutes,' Daniel said, shaking his head. 'You haven't heard a word I have said.'

'Sorry.'

'Look up. He's on the move.'

Kyuhyun snapped his head up and saw Ryeowook leave the Kims table and head towards the children's area. His hair shone in the sun light, bright like honey. He went to his daughter and laughed when his daughter placed a paper hat on his head. Ryeowook said something to her, his daughter nodded and then together they were walking towards him.

They were walking towards him.

When they approached the table, Ryeowook smiled. 'Hi, Kyuhyun. Remember me?'

Kyuhyun was afraid to move for fear he would explode from the riot, pent up love and the turmoil rush of feelings going on in his body that he didn't trust his vocals, instead he choose to just nod.

'This is my daughter, Yoona.'

He nodded again.

Ryeowook looked disappointed but shrugged off and discussed choices of icecream with his daughter. There were chocolate mint, strawberry, caramel peach and vanilla coffee. But even before Ryeowook could order he had already scopped two balls of chocolate mint as if on cue and placed them on the paper cones when Ryeowook had turned to him,

'Could we get two scoops of chocolate mint?'

As soon as Ryeowook had finished his sentence two paper cones of chocolate mint were presented to him, he wasn't surprised, he took it so naturally as if just yesterday he and Kyuhyun had gone and taken out ice-creams, they knew each other that well. Ryeowook studied him as he took the cones. But still he didn't say a word. He couldn't even smile.

'It's nice to see you again, Kyuhyun. You look good.' With that he and his daughter turned and walked away, halfway across the lawn his daughter turned and looked over her shoulder giggling softly while waving at him, he could only offer a smile in return.

'That was the most pitiful display i've ever seen,' Daniel finally said, cackling.

Ofcourse Daniel knew his grandson inside out like an open book and had tried to help him get over this, since Ryeowook chose Victoria and disappeared a year later. He took all the pains of setting his grandson's dates, even pushing him to party around but to no avail could he do anything, he knew his son too well for even forcing him, so he had stopped trying a long back but still worried. Looking at the situation now, he was at ease that Ryeowook was back and now he knew he could rest in peace for his remaining days and enjoy the upcoming turn of events, he had accepted his grandson when he had told him his situation that he has or rather had his eyes only for one particular person that he was so stuck up on it and couldn't move on. He had still loved him back then and somewhere deep down he still has feelings for him, Daniel could bet on it. Daniel knew that whatever would happen he would always stand by his son as firm as he stood for him and he smiled at Kyuhyun's next words,

'I can't believe I didn't say anything,' Kyuhyun said, mouth agape like a fish and eyes wide while Daniel took amusement in cackiling.

                                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryeowook watched as Yoona ran around the green with a  sparkler, but he turned around when he saw some one approach him, from the right.

Cho Kyuhyun walked on the edge of his quilt and stopped. He'd grown up to be a handsome man, lots of dark brown hair, tall, fair and tight muscles in his arms. He'd been a gangly youth, but had quiet a dignity that he had appreciated when they were kids. They grew apart as they grew up and he didn't know exactly why. He just knew he'd been horrible to Kyuhyun once he got everything he wanted to in high school. He didn't blame him for not wanting to talk to him when he went to the Cho's table just a while ago.

'Hi,' Kyuhyun said.

Ryeowook couldn't help but smile finally able to hear him out, 'He speaks.'

'Do you mind if I sit here with you?'

'As if I could refuse a guy who gives me free Ice-cream.' Ryeowook said and Kyuhyun lowered himself beside him.

'I'm sorry about before,' Kyuhyun said. 'I was just surprised to see you.'

'I thought you were mad at me.'

Kyuhyun looked genuienly confused, 'Why would I be mad at you?'

'I wasn't very nice to you in high school. I'm sorry. We were such good friends back then.'

'I was never mad at you. Even today I can't pass a set of monkey bars and not think of you.'

'Ah yes,' Ryeowook said. 'I've had many people tell me that.'

They both laughed. All was right. He met Wook's eyes after they quieted, then said, 'I'm glad you're back.'

Ryeowook shook his head. This was a unexpected turn to his day. 'You're quiet possibly the first person to say that to me.'

'Well the best things are worth waiting for.' Kyuhyun said in a low voice, quiet rather mostly to himself.

'AAAAAPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAA' They both snapped and turned around to watch a small 5 year old girl with octopus hair cut and big black eyes, with wide smile which showed all her milk teeth run towards them looking at Kyuhyun and leap juming at him on which Kyuhyun caught her instinctively. They both laughed as they landed on the quilt in a tangled mess, while Ryeowook watched in amusement and coughed to get their attention. 

They both turned around and looked up at Ryeowook and smiled, Kyuhyun sat up and placed the giggling chubby girl in his lap who looked at Ryeowook expectantly through her lashes, Kyuhyun turned to Ryeowook,

'Ryeowook meet Cherie, my daughter.'

'Cher, that's Ryeowook, your appa's good friend.'

===================================================================================================

A/N: Hello there,

You guys would be happy to know that I'm getting well soon and I'm apoplogizing already that I sneaked up again, what can I do I'm addicted to my lappy other than that here is a good Kyuwook chapter like you all wanted to see there interaction and as I promised I your wish is been fullfilled.

And I love guys for such beautiful comments, thank you *gifting you all with cookies & love*

I hope you like this chapter too..........

And I have decided to write after reading all the comments and well don't worry it would go with the flow of sensuality and romance so I would take care of it not getting overboard and make this story eww...

Okay enough rambling I should leave soon.........

Bye Bye take care, *giggling like a love struck puppy~~*.