Chapter 4 (B)

Garden Mysteries

'You don't stay for fireworks?' Changmin asked as Jaejoong was packing up the empty wine bottles. He'd come behind him, but Jaejoong didn't turn around. Jaejoong was to embarassed to. If he turned around, he would become that deeply disturned man who couldn't handle a guy being interested in him. 

His edges were crumbling like border walls, and he was feeling exposed & unprotected. The worst possible time to deal with Changmin.

'I've seen this show before,' he said, his back still to him. 'It ends with a Bang.'

'Now you have ruined it for me. Can I help you?'

Jaejoong stacked the boxes and took two of them, planning to get the other two on his second trip. 'NO'.

'Right,' Changmin said, picking up the boxes. 'So I'll just grab these.'

He followed him across the green to his van, which he'd park on the street. He could feel his stare on the back of his neck. He never realized how vulnerable short hair could make a person. It exposed places that were hidden before,his neck,the slope of his shoulder.

'What are you afraid of Jaejoong?' he asked softly, almost seductively.

'I don't know what you're talking about.'

When they reached the van, he unlocked the back and put his boxes in. Changmin came up beside him and set his boxes beside his. 'Are you afraid of me?'

'Ofcourse I'm not afraid of you,' Jae scoffed.

'Are you afraid of love? Are you afraid of a kiss?'

'No one in their right mind is afraid of a kiss.' He said while closing the back of the van and turned around, finding Changmin closer than he expected. Too close. 'Don't even think about it,' Jae said, in his breath, his back plastered against the van as Changmin stepped closer.

'It's just a kiss,' Changmin said, moving in and Jae didn't think it was possible for him to be this close and not actually touch him. 'Nothing to be afraid of right?' Changmin said with a slightly crooked smile.

Changmin put one hand on the van, near Jaejoong's shoulder, leaning in. He could leave, of course. just scoot away and turn his back on him again. But then he lowered his head and Jaejoong was done for.

Slowly their lips touched and there was a tingling, warm sensation like cinnamon oil. Then his head tilted slightly, and there was this friction. It came out of nowhere streaking through his body. His lips parted when he gasped in surprise, and that's when things got out of control. A million crazy images raced through his mind. Suddenly his hands were everywhere, touching, grabbing, pulling him closer. Changmin was pressing him against the van. It was too much, he was surely going to die, yet the thought of stopping, of actually braking contact with this man, this beautiful man, was heartbreaking and surely it made Jaejoong ache.

The whistles slowly invaded his senses and he pulled back to see some teenagers walk by on the sidewalk, smiling at them.

Suddenly Jaejoong was pulled down to earth and he snapped. 'Let go of me,'.

'I don't think I can.'

Jaejoong slid out from between him and the van. Changmin fell forward against the van, as if he had no strenght to stand. Jaejoong understood why when he tried to walk to the driver's side and was so weak he nearly didn't make it.

'All this from one kiss,' Changmin said. 'If we ever make love, I'm going to need a week to recover.'

Changmin talked of the future so easily. But Jaejoong couldn't start this, because then it would end and he would spend rest of his life, missing it, hurting from it.

'Leave me alone, Changmin,' Jaejoong said as Changmin pushed himself away from the van, his chest still rising and falling rapidly. 'This never should have happened. And it's not going to happen again.'

Jaejoong got in the van and sped away. jumping kerbs and running stop signs all the way home.

===================================================================================================

A/N: Hi there,

I'm so sorry for going on a small hiatus like this without informing but I was busy and that some how affected my health, but i'm fine now. I hope this chapter makes up to you guys and you all forgive me with you're sweet reviews.

I love you all, I know this isn't acceptable but I won't promise to update anymore because I'm a lot busy, so I would update as it is possible for me and I hope you guys would stick to me.....

Enjoy!!