Chapter 5

Garden Mysteries

The day after 14th of July.

'Where is Yoona?' Ryeowook asked, walking into the kitchen on his first Monday off. 'I thought she was helping you.'

'She was, but she heard a plane overhead and ran out to the garden. Happens everytime.'

Wook laughed. 'I don't understand her sudden obsession over planes.'

Jaejoong was at the kitchen island making Chocolate cupcakes for the Song's, who lived four blocks down. They were hosting their grandson's b'day party. Instead of a cake, they wanted six dozen cupcakes with something baked inside, a child size ring or a coin or a charm.

Ryeowook watched Jaejoong with the frosting. 'So when is the gig?'

'The Song's, b'day party? Tomorrow.'

'I'll be glad to take time off to help you.'

Jaejoong smiled, touched by Ryeowook's offer. 'I've got this one covered. Thanks.'

Yoona came inside at that moment, and Ryeowook laughed. 'Oh honey, you don't have to wear that brooch that Juri gave you everyday. She doeasn't expect you too to.'

Yoona looked down at the brooch she had pinned to the shirt. 'But I might need it.'

'Ready to go for our walk to see the school?'

'Will you be ok without me, Uncle Jae?' Yoona asked.

'You were great help today, but I think I can finish this up myself.' Jaejoong said. He was going to be sad when Yoona started school in the fall but neverthless he smiled to her.

'We won't be gone long.' Ryeowook informed Jaejoong.

'Ok,' Jaejoong felt suddenly prickly and he looked at the hair on his arms standing on the end. 'Changmin's about to come to the front door. Damn. Plaese tell him I don't want to see him.'

Ryeowook laughed as soon as there was a knock. 'How did you know that?'

'I just knew.'

                                                             --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changmin and Yoona waited together on the front porch swing. As they swung, Yoona thought about her dream, the one of her in the garden. Things weren't going to be perfect until she could replicate it exactly. But she still couldn't figure out how to make sparkles on her face in the sun, and even though she held notebook paper up to the wind, she could never quiet get the sound of the paper flapping right, either.

'Changmin?' Yoona said.

'Yes?'

'What kinds of things would make sparkles on your face? Like if you were laying outside in the sun? Sometimes I see plane go by and the sun makes sparkles on them, but when I try lying in the yard when planes pass overhead, they don't make spakles on me.' Yoona said with a Pout evident on her face.

'You mean like light refleacting and making saprkles?'

'Yes.'

He thought about it for a moment. 'Well when a mirror catches the sun, it causes flashes. Metal or crystal wind chimes outside in the sun, when wind blows, might have reflections coming off them. And water in the sun has sparkles.'

'Those are good ideas, Thank you.'

He smiled. 'You're welcome.'

Ryeowook walked out at that moment and Changmin stopped the swing so suddenly that Yoona had to hold on to the chain to keep from falling off. Her Appa and Uncle Jae had that effect on people.

'Hi Changmin,' Ryeowook said, standing in front of the screen door. He looked back at the house, unsure. 'Um, Jaejoong said he didn't want to see you.'

Changmin stood, which set Yoona swinging again. 'I knew it. I scared him away.' He said with a sigh.

'What did you do?' Ryeowook asked in a voice he had used when Yoona had tried to cut her hair once.

Changmin looked down at his feet rubbing his nape in a nervous gesture. 'I kissed him.'

Ryeowook suddenly laughed but then covered his mouth with his hand when Changmin's head shot up. 'I'm sorry. Let me talk to him, Ok? If you knock he won't answer.' Ryeowook gestured for Yoona to get off the swing and they all walked down the steps together. 'A kiss, huh?'

'I was some kiss.' Changmin said a little sheepishly.

'I didn't know he had it in him, don't worry you didn't scare him off it's just maybe it was his first time to be in such close proximity to another person as long as know.'

Changmin said good-bye to them when they reached his house. 'I did.'

                                                       -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Is Jae uncle upset about something?' Yoona asked as they turned the corner. 'He forget where to put everyday silverware this morning. I had to show him.'

'He's not upset, sweetheart. He just doesn't like when he can't control things. Some people don't know how to fall in love, like not knowing how to swim. They panic when they first jump in.'

'I've already fall in love.'

'You have, have you?'

'Yes with our house.'

'You get more and more like Jaejoong day after day,' Ryeowook said as they finally reached the redbrick building. 'Well, ther it is. Uncle Jae and went here. It's a good place.'

Yoona looked at the buiding. She already knew where her classroom would be, through the door and down the hall, the third room on the left. She nodded, she knew where she belonged.'It's the right place.'

'Yes, it is. So are you excited about school?'

'It's going to be good. Cherie and Taecyeon belongs to my class.'

'I know Cherie but who's Taecyeon?'

'A boy I meet on the 14 of july.'

'I'm glad you're making friends.'

'You should make friends too, Appa.'

'Don't worry about me, sweets.' Ryeowook put his arm around Yoona's shoulder and pulled her close as the scent of Yesung's cologne floated by the wind. It made Yoona afraid for a moment, not for herself, but for her Appa.

'We're close to downtown. Let's go to Yoochun hyung's shop and buy some pop tarts!' Ryeowook said brightly to distract Yoona from what just happened a minute ago.

Yoona didn't argue. Pop-tarts were good, after all. And she liked them better than Yesung.

When they reached Park's Gourmet Grocery, they walked in, and Ryeowook took a basket by the door. They had just passed the produce section when there was a crash, and suddenl there were hundreds of apples rolling everywhere, into the bread section and under people's carts. The culprit was standing by the now empty apple display, not looking at what he had done but staring straight at Ryeowook.

It was Cho Kyuhyun, the man who had given them ice cream on the 14th. Yoona liked him. He was like Jaejoong. Steadfast.

Not taking his eyes off Ryeowook, he walked over to them.

'Hi Ryeowook. Hi Yoona.' he said.

Ryeowook pointed to the apples. 'You know, we impress easily you didn't have to do this to get our attention.'

'Here's a secret about all men. Our foolishness is always un-intentional. But it's for a good reason.'

'Yoona and I are here on a Pop-tart run.'

'It must be a sweet-tooth kind of day. A couple of weeks ago, Juri brought my grand-dad a jar of maraschino cherries. He saw them yesterday and said why not have some ice-cream and have banana spilts? The only thing we lacked was banana so here I am on a banana run.'

'Sweet stuff is definitely worth extra trip,' Ryeowook said.

'Why don't you come out? There'll be plenty of banana splits. And I could show Yoona around and Cherie would be glad to have her, they can see the cows.'

Yoona's mind cleared, like the sun peeking through the clouds. 'Let's go see the cows!' she said enthusiastically. 'Cows are great!'

Ryeowook looked at her puzzled. 'First planes now cows. Since when did you get to be a cow lover?'

Yoona tugged on her Appa's shirt. Didn't he see how calm he was around Kyuhyun, how their hearts were beating in rhythm? The pulses at their throats were in sync. 'Please Appa?'

Ryeowook looked at her and the at Kyuhyun. 'Looks like I'm outnumbered.'

'Great! I'll meet you at the checkout,' Kyuhyun said and walked away.

'Ok, dairy queen what going on?' he asked Yoona narrowing his eyes.

'Don't you see it?' Yoona asked, excited.

'See what?'

'He likes you. Like Changmin like Jaejoong.'

'Maybe not quiet that way, sweets. He's my friend.'

Yoona frowned. This was going to be harder than she thought. Usually thing fell into place when Yoona pointed out where they belonged. She really had to figure out how to reproduce her dream into reality. Nothing was going to be exactly right until she did.

=============================================================================================================

A/N: Hello there I'm finally back guys I hope you liked this chapter if so do comment so. Well sorry for the late appearence but now I promise to update as regularly as possible I hope you all are still sticking to this...

Love you guys and keep reading....

Be healthy!

Ren