.

A Day in Teacher Sooyoung's Life

Choi Sooyoung threw her purse on the couch as soon as she got in her friend's apartment. "Talk." She ordered Yeonhee who was still by the door, hanging her jacket. She sat on the sofa, crossed her legs and gave her friend a stern look.

Yeonhee knew very well what her friend was doing and chose to ignore it. "I'm going to pick up Sungwoong." She told her, closing the door behind her back.

"Sungwoong? Who's Sungwoong?" Sooyoung asked herself, tilting her head ever so slightly. A few moments later, Yeonhee returned with a sleeping baby in her arms. "That's Sungwoong?" Yeonhee nodded as she motioned her friend to open the door to her bedroom for her. "That's your son?" She almost shrieked when she saw the resemblance between the two. Yeonhee shushed her, afraid that the child would wake up.

"How exactly-" She paused for a short while and asked, "When did you get pregnant?" She thought her friend was just joking about the whole thing about having a child.

Yeonhee sighed, taking a seat in front of her. "I didn't get pregnant."

"Then, how- Why? What?" Yeonhee giggled at her friend's flabbergasted reaction. Sooyoung pouted her lips. "Can you just tell me what happened?" She really wanted to know what actually went wrong. A few weeks ago, the couple seemed fine. They were cuddling and giggling and being their usual lovey-dovey couple.

"Here's what happened." Yeonhee started. "Last Sunday, I woke up to the incessant knocking of Mrs. Han. You remember her right?" She looked into her friend's eyes. Sooyoung nodded and she continued. "Apparently, someone left Sungwoong in front of the building with a note that he'd be sent to me."

"Do you have any idea who sent you the kid?" She asked. She knew very well that her friend loved children. She had told her more than once that she would like to have children of her own already.

"I don't know. I've been thinking all week about who, but I can't think of anyone."

"How about Jaejoong? Why is this becoming so much trouble that you look like you've turned into a ghost?" She leaned back into her chair and crossed her arms. She never did approve of the man dating her friend at first. Since she saw her friend was so happy with him, she let them do as they pleased.

Now, Yeonhee looked away as her eyes started to water. "Jaejoong didn't want to keep him." Sooyoung looked at her, probing for the other details she left purposedly. "Things happened, we argued and he said..." She bit her lip.

"He broke up with you?" Sooyoung scoffed. "You've been dating for years now and he couldn't even do something like be a father to your adoptive kid?"

"He insists on taking Sungwoong to the social services or the orphanage."

"Does he even have plans on marrying you in the first place?" Sooyoung raised her voice in frustration. She looked at her friend who was bowing her head. A momentary silence. A cry was then heard from Yeonhee's bedroom. For the first time in years, Choi Sooyoung was going to make sure that Kim Jaejoong apologizes to Lee Yeonhee and help her raise Sungwoong. She saw how precious the child was to her friend and she wasn't willing to see her suffer for the blessing that came knocking on her doorstep.



"Mr. Shim!" Sooyoung called the tall man. He turned upon hearing her voice and greeted her with a smile. She jogged up to him. "Can I ask you a favor?"

"Sure?" He pushed back all the awkwardness of their last meeting behind him and tried to act as normal as possible in front of Choi Sooyoung.

"Can you drag him here when you're going to pick up Hwayoung?" She bowed a full 180 degrees.

"Does this have anything to do with Teacher Yeonhee?" He guessed. She nodded. "I'll do what I can." With that, Shim Changmin walked away. Choi Sooyoung prayed that he will be able to do wonders for the couple.