.

A Day in Teacher Sooyoung's Life

Teacher Sooyoung was definitely ready for battle. In layman's term, she was  already on the verge of storming Kim Jaejoong that afternoon. If it wasn't for Shim Changmin and his promise, he would have skipped work and beat the living daylights out of the man. After all, he did promise her that if ever he would do something like break up with Yeonhee, she can beat him to a bloody pulp. And apparently, her best friend's constant sniffling with that frail apperance of hers was just too much to handle. She crossed her arms, "If Daddy Shim doesn't bring that pretty boy, I swear..."

"Swear what?" Yeonhee asked signed Minkyung's student handbook. The taller woman pursed her lips while Yeonhee gave the child a stamp and bid him goodbye. "and who's Daddy Shim?" she teased. Sooyoung ruffled her hair as her friend poked her teasingly about the matter.


Much to Yeonhee's relief, the so-called pretty boy was waiting for her as everyone, except Hwayoung, had left. "Get in the car." He ordered her with such coldness that Yeonhee felt a small chill along her spine. Sooyoung tsked as she gave her a small nod and walked side by side with Jaejoong.

Sooyoung sat on a bench next to Hwayoung as the kid asked her to open a pack of chocolate wafers. "What will you say?" She asked, as usual, she lowered her head as a response. "Please..." She prompted the little girl to continue. Sooyoung smiled as the little girl muttered a small, "Please open." In fact, it was almost inaudible, she had to strain her ears just to hear her say it. Quite satisfied with her achievement, she opened the snack for Hwayoung.

When her eyes went back to the couple, she saw Jaejoong pull Yeonhee into an embrace. She watched him lean down to her and kiss her temples. Jaejoong tucked her hair behind her ears. Sooyoung knew that by that time, Yeonhee was on the verge of tears. She was quite the crybaby, so she knew. And she was, Sooyoung watched the man kiss her tears away before he let her in his car and drive away.

She sighed. Sooyoung turned to the little girl, " Why don't I have a nice boyfriend like your dad?" Hwayoung only looked at her with her doe-like eyes. She clicked her tongue. "Aigoo, this kid. Why don't you just continue eating?" She glared at the little girl.

"What about her dad?" She recognized the voice instantly. She swore she could recognize the familiar mix of sarcasm and arrogance anywhere. She had heard him argue with their teachers a lot in high school about math and science and she had unconsciously memorized it. Sooyoung stiffened. How much did he hear? She didn't know and it kind scared her. "Oh Mr. Shim!" she feigned innocence, plastering the best smile she could show the man. And apparently, it came out quite crooked and awkward. "I didn't notice that you were here."

He bent down to Hwayoung's level and give the little girl a kiss on her cheek. The little girl exclaimed, "Daddy!" and leapt into his arms. "Well, I was planning on surprising Hwayoung here, but..." He trailed off and gave her a playful look as he brushed the bits of wafer on his daughter's cheeks. Oh how she wanted to punch that beautifully sculpted face of his until that smirk came off of his face. He simply chuckled at her. Changmin carried Hwayoung and turned to Sooyoung, "Since I made you wait-"

"Again." She interrupted him.

Changmin chuckled. He definitely had not seen this side of Sooyoung before and it was a breath of fresh air for him and this image he had of her. And he liked it. "Ok, since I made you wait, can I have the honor of taking you home?"

She looked at him with pursed lips. "You know, if this was the first time, I'd believe you. But Mr. Shim, this is the second time in a row that you've done this. Can I say that you're hitting on me?" She told him half-joking.

The man looked up to the sky and thought for a second and looked back at her. "Well, you could say yes. Yes, I am hitting on you Teacher Sooyoung."