Under the Rain

A Day in Teacher Sooyoung's Life

 

As Choi Sooyoung was blow drying her hair when her phone rang. You might be wondering what her ringtone this time was. If you've been thinking that she'd still be stubborn enough to keep the Doctor Feel Good ringtone she had, you're wrong. She had changed it to her favorite male band, FT Island's Lee Hongki, singing the hit song, Pokerface.

Well, she had no regrets because of two reasons, 1. It was so hilarious, it always managed to wake her up early enough for school, and 2. it was so hilarious, it managed to get her attention every single time.

Now, since Super Junior had released its newest song "Mr. Simple", dear Teacher was so tempted to use the first part that goes, "Because I'm naughty, naughty. Hey I'm Mr. Simple because I'm naughty, naughty." The temptation bit her so hard that she almost didn't care about the children, the parents or Daddy Shim.

Yes, Daddy Shim. She didn't really even care about his biting sarcasm, his murderous glare or something even more. Oh she would have been so amused to watch the y being reprimand her once more about her carelessness. She would have enjoyed his every movement and have it engraved in her brain. Good thing she was too lazy to download the radio rips available online.

She laid the blow dryer on her dresser and read the test message. It was from Jaejoong. How unusual of him to text this early in the morning, she thought.

Can't pick you up today. Sorry.

A text message without the usual emoticons nor the laughing noises was also unusual for the man. She concluded that something was wrong. Choi Sooyoung wasn't one to pry, so she dismissed it as another lover's quarrel between him and Yeonhee. Contented with how her hair looked, she took her purse and left for school.

 

 

Teacher Sooyoung arrived to a parent-free classroom and she was quite relieved. The children bid their "Good mornings" as she simply smiled at them. She noticed Han Minki was already there, sitting on the floor, sweat all over his face.

"Good morning Minki." She squatted down to him, smiling.

The little boy only looked up at her and said, "Mommy not here."

"Where's mommy?" She asked, looking for a towel inside his bag.

"At home. She has cold." He told her, his eyes almost b with tears.

Sooyoung rubbed his back, “Its ok.” She looked at the child only to see his tears on the verge of falling from his tear ducts. “You’re already a big boy right? Please don’t cry.” She cooed, but to no avail. The child let his tears fall and sobbed.

 

“Good morning!” Yeonhee beamed. An echo of ‘good morning’ came from the children. She beamed, her eyes turning into half crescent moons. Despite that, Sooyoung still noticed the bags under her eyes and the amount of concealer she used to cover it. The concluded that the two definitely fought during the weekends. She only watched her friend carefully as she started the lesson. She saw her partly red eyes, the hoarseness that continued to linger in her voice and the cold that served as a remnant of her rough evening. It was their problem, to begin with, not hers. So she decided to stay out of it.

 

Our dear Teacher Sooyoung saw the look on Hwayoung’s eyes, it was asking her what was taking her father so long. She just sighed. “We’ll both wait for daddy ok?” The child simply lowered her head in response. The older woman took it as a yes.

Hwayoung handed her another box of pocky. “Hwayoungie what are you supposed to say?” She looked into her eyes, hoping for a response. But alas, the little girl only lowered her head. She sighed, failing to get a response from the little girl.

Yeonhee closed her notebook and placed it inside her drawer. “Sooyoung ah” She called the attention of the latter. “I need to get going. Can you wait until-“

“Everyone has gone home? Sure.” Yeonhee muttered small thanks, tucking her hair behind her ear. “Did you and Jae…” her voice trailed off.

“It’s just a small argument.” She lied, clutching onto the strap of her shoulder bag. “We’re fine.” She looked on the floor and forced a small smile, “I should get going.” She told her before leaving the two of them with a bye.

 

 

“I’m so sorry baby! Something came up.” The tall man rambled, squatting to level with his daughter. The little girl only smiled at him as she leapt into his arms. Oh how Sooyoung wished those words were directed to her instead of the little girl who was seated right beside her. She watched him take her pink raincoat out of Hwayoung’s bag and put it on her. The long-legged woman could only imagine herself in the child’s place. Her heart would explode from too much exposure to the Daddy Shim.

 

He then turned to her. “Teacher, could you wait for a moment?” He asked her before running to his car, with his daughter in his arms. He ran back to her in a moment after making sure that his Hwayoung was safe from the rain. “I’m sorry you had to wait.”

“No, its fine.” She grinned. I got to see you anyways.

“It’s not.” Changmin insisted. Of course it’s not! Making a woman wait is not good. You must take me out on a date! Sooyoung remarked in her head. “The least I can do is take you home. Would that be ok with you?” Sooyoung only managed to nod at the man’s invitation. “Do you have an umbrella?” He asked her, showing the only one he has.

“Sorry but I didn’t bring mine.” She grinned sheepishly.

“We have no choice then.” He opened the umbrella, put his right arm around her, pressing her into his body and said, “On three we run.”

“What?” She exclaimed, but the man didn’t care as he counted anyway.

“Three!” He said, running into the pouring rain with our dear Teacher Sooyoung.

Running under the heavy rain with just one umbrella, shoulders getting wet, steeping into puddles every step, it was magical. His scent, his warmth, it filled her. She giggled so much when she had gotten in the passenger seat of his car. Choi Sooyoung swore that never had she loved the rain that much until that day.

 

 

 

n/a:

I'm so sorry for not updating as much as I would like.

Despite the 4-day  holiday here, I am only able to update today.

Long story short: laptops were taken and mom had to use the other one so :\

Can I say that I got the most fabulous deal yesterday?

Brand new knee high boots for only  7USD! I'm a happy shopper.

Enjoy reading!