008.

I bet their minds would change

//If you haven't read chapter 7, would be good to check it..even thought it's quite ty, thank you! :) I tried a bit different writing style in this one..not sure can you see it.

In the next few weeks I understood that Onew was not joking when he said I don't have to talk to him at all. I haven't seen him with Key, Minho or Taemin either. Maybe they speak secretly when I'm not seeing...but now they have a good reason to do so. I guess he won't change his mind and I should be the one who apologize but even after that he would ask questions . He's like that...not taking no as an answer when he thinks something's wrong. But that's something what ruins our friendship, sadly. Friend who has too much to hide and other one who is far too interested to know these secrets. It just won't work. 

I walked in the sea of students, trying to get away from that hole. I was searching Key and most likely I would catch him smoking with some friends. Key has atleast two different group of friends, our group which was the original one and smoker group. He doesn't hang out with them that often, just when he's smoking because it's the common. But he has started to smoke more often now. I've noticed. And this kinda splits our previous group. I'm not mad at him or anything, he has a freedom to choose. I just don't know what made him smoke in a first place. He never was that kind of type before and even said how disgusting habit it is but we all change. I think he wanted to experience something different. It started half a year ago when he started to change radically.

"Key!" I yelled to him, waving my hand. I guess he didn't hear me and I needed to yell again before he noticed me.

"Huh..Jonghyun what brings you here?" Key asked while his friends were talking something about upcoming parties.

"At least not smoking," I joked as he blew the smoke out.

"I didn't think so."

"I thought we could go to..." I started but I was interrupted.

"When? I have plans for this week," Key asked frowning.

"I guess we aren't going anywhere then!" I laughed and he gave me a relieved smile. At this time I didn't think he tried to avoid me but later I realized he wanted to get away from all of us. Minho,  Taemin, Onew and me, we all were replaced. But that was far more later than these problems what I'm going to tell at first. 

"Yeah but ask someone else, I'm sure those nolifes will have a free week!" Key probably meant Minho, Taemin and Onew, I didn't hang out with others that much. 

"Well, we will see tomorrow at school?" I asked.

"Yes and be sure to bring Onew to school with you, I haven't seen him for a week!" Key said lastly.

"Oh..okay..I'll try!" I fake laughed for him. I didn't know Onew had been out of school for so long. My plan of ignoring him worked then. Now i just had a new problem. How in a hell I was going to get Onew back to school when we aren't on speaking terms? I shouldn't have lied to Key but it's done already. 

The next task was finding Minho and Taemin and ask if they were free to watch a movie that just came out. They were always together so I should just find one and the other one would always be there. I didn't surprise me when I saw them eating out in the school yard. I sat next to them and I did feel I interrupt something. 

"Did you have something to talk..like privately?" I asked carelessly.

"No, of course not?" Taemin was a bad liar after all but it was fine so I just let it be.

"I thought we could go to watch that new movie, are you free to go?"

"Umm..when..?" Minho said a bit hesitantly.

"Is tomorrow okay for both of you, Key won't come..he has plans already" I watched as they ate their packed lunches.

"It should be..how about Onew or is he still sick?" Taemin said mouth full of food.

"I don't know...Key didn't say he is sick" I started to feel hungry because of this over thinking. 

"So you don't know what's wrong?" Taemin asked sounding serious.

"N-no" I mumbled.

"To us he said he's sick but it's nothing bad..but why he would be away so long?" Minho finished his lunch and we fell into silence.

I should have noticed it earlier how close Minho and Taemin were. Because we never went to watch that movie. Or atleast I didn't. Both Minho and Taemin send a message how they couldn't make it with those typical sorries so I didn't go either. I think they went together...well they were already together at that time but never told to me. Maybe Key or Onew knew but we never really talked about it. I don't know why they did it but I just played along with their lies. I didn't want any more drama to our lives.

When Onew didn't appear to school after a month or so...I needed to know where  he was. I think Key was texting and calling to him but didn't want to tell anything for me. Minho and Taemin were too focused on each other, needless to say they tried to do it secretly. So they left me that role which I really didn't want to take, I should be the one to bring him back. I'm sure Key knew it was my fault that Onew was studying at home but he never said anything. I never got to know what he texted with Onew but maybe it's not the most important part.

I knew Minho and Taemin were mad for Key because he started to ditch us even more when the time passed. So the last chance was getting Onew back and that would help with Key because, what I know...they had a good relationship. 

That's why I found myself in front of Onew's perfect house and waiting that the perfect son of perfect family will come to open the door so I can beg him to come back. It took a while before infront of me is a pale, skinny boy with a shocked expression on his face.

"Jo-Jonghyun...!" 

"What..why..did Key send you?" He sounded pissed.

"No I used my own brains and own legs to come here," He looked sick and so weak when he tried to keep himself angry. I think he was just tired.

"Right..what do you want?" he bashed.

"I came to ask forgiveness, we hope you would come back at school...it can't be nice to study alone all day long," it was hard to look him in the eye.

"There's something else behind this. You would never come to apologize first...what do you need? AND DON'T LIE TO ME!"

"Our group..it's broken, Key is not with us anymore, Minho and Taemin are getting angry to him. I thought he would come back if you would ask" I told honestly.

"Our group..haha what a joke. Of course it's broken it's been for a long time but you've been so full of yourself to see it!" he screamed.

"I know that I've been lying to all of you!" I admitted, trying to keep the conversation calm.

"I've noticed that," he said with a quiet voice.

"Have you been sick like you told to Taemin and Minho?" he did look sick in my eyes but why Key didn't told me that back then.

"No and yes" 

"What that supposed to mean?"  He watched me for a long time without saying anything.

"You should know it even better than me," I waited him to continue and just watched questioningly.

"Jonghyun..I'm not physically sick,  just mentally" 

And that moment I realized why Onew knew so much about me and could see through my lies. I never actually thought this chance, he always looked happy and bubbly, doing things that he loved and being caring. Maybe that was his way to help himself. It was weird how we became so much closer at that point when we knew we had more in common than we thought. We both suffered...from different things I guess.

Because we didn't open up about them on that day. It was enough to know that both of us had problems. And did I tell to others about my problems? No, I would never tell them and Onew promised keep silent about it. Key knew about Onew's demons, even better than me. Atleast for now. That 2min couple was clueless and maybe they weren't even interested after they started to be openly together. I think they knew we have noticed it already.

Truth was that our group wasn't a group anymore. We were just young and lost and forced to tolerate each other. Key had his smoker group, 2min couple were always together. Me and Onew..I don't know. We looked from a distance when everyone and everything literally fell a part.

Now you probably think is this the end..did we all just go on our own ways and keep living? Haha it's not the time to tell it but no...we keep our so-called group together even when we probably didn't want to.

-------------------------------------------------------

Where I'm even leading this story...this is gonna be a big disaster. xD REALLY DON'T ASK WHAT I'M DOING BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW!
I'm so disappointed with myself and the story... :< It seems I can't even write anymore. Hopefully this feeling will go away!
Okay I need to say that everyone is gonna collapse in this story (maybe not everyone but you will see) >8DD I'm so mean. 
I actually got a stupid idea how this is gonna continue and I think I will change my plans now.
Haha..we will see what's gonna happen. 
Se
e you soon!

-blankpaper