Chapter 7

So This Is Love

“Here we are.” Donghae said as he stopped the car in a luxurious restaurant. Hyukjae felt shiver in his body due to the cold weather, but it was replaced with warmth when Donghae gave him his jacket.

“Here put this on.” He said as he gently puts it on him.

He can’t almost breath since his heart starts beating faster again, their face only had a short distance and his cheeks reddened. Suddenly Donghae laughed at him.

“And what’s funny?”

“Nothing, I just realized you look cute when you blushed.” He winked at him.

“Yah! Donghae can you stop teasing me.” He puted at him, many people had already called him cute but usually they either got punched by him or he would walked away but when it was Donghae who praised him it feels like he is the luckiest human being on earth and wants to dance with joy.

Donghae is still laughing at him. “You’re undeniably cute.” And pinched his nose. He was supposed to scold him but he was already dragged inside the restaurant.

He gasped seeing the ambiance.

Wow it’s beautiful.

The place is so romantic as if it’s just for lovers .

“Good evening sirs, this way please.” The waiter told them.

Hyukjae felt awkward as Donghae hold his hand while following the waiter in front of them. He wanted to asked him but he just let him be. Donghae pull a chair for him.

“What?” Donghae asked him curiously.

“What do you mean what?”

“what’s with that look?” he asked him frowning at Hyukjae.

“Hmm… nothing I was just wondering if you’re like this with all the date you had.”

“Huh? What do you mean by that?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “Nothing, oh well I’m hungry,  can we order the food?”

He would rather look like a food lover, he felt like he don’t like what the latter would answer.

Donghae called the waiter, and they took the menu, for Hyukjae, he felt unfamiliar with the food so he let him do the order.

“Why?” Hyukjae asked him notcing how he stared at the latter.

“Why what?”

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

He just laughed at him and shook his head. Hyukjae pouted seeing his actions. Though he can’t help but laugh when Donghae started telling some jokes, he felt like a high school laughing at every words of his crush even there’s nothing to laugh about in short Donghae’s jokes are lame but still he can’t help but laugh.

He felt like he is so complete, he can’t explain the feeling all he knew he wanted the time to stop.

Our little conversations are turning into little sweet sensations

And they're only getting sweeter every time

Our friendly get-togethers are turning into visions of forever

If I just believe this foolish heart of mine.

Hyukjae looked at the singer and when he heard the song he felt like those are the words he wanted to tell Donghae. He was surprised when suddenly the other man stands up and took his hand.

“Shall we dance?” he said smiling at him.

He did not absorb what had happened all he knew they are in the middle of the stage and dancing together. Donghae puts Hyukjae’s hand on his shoulders and he held onto his waist. He felt like he body was frozen since they are so close to each other.

“Relax, the song is great right?” he asked him still smiling.”

“Y-yeah, the singer is good.”

Hyukjae you look like at idiot, why are you stuttering?”

He felt he would faint, his knees are trembling with their face almost an inch closer.

I can't pretend that I'm just a friend
'Cause I'm thinkin' maybe we were meant to be

Hyukjae almost laugh when Donghae sang along.

“Yah!”

“You know what on the second let’s just dance.” He replied feeling comfortable with him. Donghae just ignored him and continue singing the song.

Whenever we're together, I'm wishin' that goodbyes would turn to never
'Cause with you is where I always wanna be
Whenever I'm beside you, all I really wanna do is hold you
No one else but you has meant this much to me.

“Alright, stop singing don’t show me that you can sing.” He told him jokingly.

“Don’t tell me you’re falling for my voice?” Donghae teasingly asked him.

He slapped him on the arms Donghae was able to catch it, he can saw him approaching him closer, he felt like his body stopped from moving, their distance are almost close but he felt like a bucket of ice was thrown at him when Donghae talked.

“Hyukkie, can you sing for me?”

He can felt his face flushed in embarrassment.

Omo! This is so embarassing thinking he would kissed me gosh!

“Huh? I don’t know how to!” He said angrily returning to their table.

“Hyukkie wait!”

Hyukjae, gulped at the juice he saw in their seat.

“Hey are you alright?” Donghae asked him worriedly.

“Yes I’m okay.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I am just thirsty, and I want to go to the restroom.”

He hurriedly walked there and when he closed the door he leaned on it.

My god! What’s happening to me?

He looked at the mirror. “Yah! Lee Hyukjae, what are you thinking huh? Did you assume he would kiss you? Aish!” he sighed realizing he was talking to himself.

He looks like crazy as he pulled his hair, and he looked at his reflection sadly he is indeed attracted with Donghae, but he knew he can’t allow those feeling because it would just go nowhere.

After minutes, Donghae was relieved seeing him went out of the restroom and he wanted to apologized to him but for what?

For not kissing him?

He shook his head, he kows how wanted to but he controlled himself, he doesn’t want to take advantage of Hyukjae. It was their first date for Christ’s sake, but he felt like in what he had done he put Hyukjae in an embarrassing situation.

“Hyukkie, I’m sorry.”

“Sorry? For what?” he asked him confusedly.

“For not—“

“Ahh… you want me to sing right?”

Donghae knew he wanted to avoid the topic so he let him be.

“But I though you don’t want to.”

“Uhm, yeah but I was thinking I was surprised when you asked me to, this is the first time you asked me a favor.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course!” he said as he walked through the singer, Donghae admired his confidence and just watched him singing that time.

A/N Okay? So I know awkward, Hyukjae expected a kiss, Donghae stopped himself. It's been a long time I am sorry. I was so busy at work and also I attended my grandmother's funeral, plus I was hospitalized because of my laryngitis. By the way this is the song for this chapter ^^. I was listening t this when I was writing the story. Just click on it for you to listen ^^