Chapter 6: New Strategy

It All Started With A BET (ON-HOLD)
 

 

YongHwa was surprised with Seohyun’s reaction.

 

‘WHAT DID I DO TO YOU TO DESERVE ALL OF THESE?!’ He remembered what she said.

 

“What’s happening to me? I don’t know why I am being like this. Is this still because you embarrassed me? Am I still doing this out of revenge? I don’t really know. What I only know is that I want your attention. Could it be that I—Ani, that’s insane.” He thought shaking his head as he watched her walking away.

 

“Why are you not even affected by me?” He whispered then he holds his chest. “Get back to your senses Jung YongHwa. This is not like you.” Then he gently rubs his chest because he can feel that hammering feeling again. The strange feeling that he can’t explain.

 

====================================================================================

 

 

“Okay, you are really crazy Jung YongHwa! Can you explain to me what are you doing here early in the morning?” He asked himself while he’s inside his car looking at a small bakery. He knew she is living inside that bakery; he secretly followed her yesterday and saw her entering that bakery.

 

 He saw a woman whom he thinks is in the middle 40s opening the bakery.

 

He got off in his car and came closer to the woman.

 

“Anneonghasaeyo.” He greeted smiling.

 

“Oh? Anneonghasaeyo. We are still close—“

 

“Aniyo, I’m looking for someone. Do you perhaps know where a lady named Seo JooHyun lives?” He lied because of course he knows where she lives. He just lied so as not to be obvious.

 

“JooHyun? Why are you looking for my daughter?” ‘So she’s her mother? No wonder she looks like her.’ He thought.

 

“Oh, It’s a pleasure meeting you, Ma’am. I never knew JooHyun ssi have a very pretty mother.”

 

He heard the woman giggle shyly. “Aigoo, why do you have to say those words?” The woman blushed which he thinks is really cute.

 

“By the way, I am Jung YongHwa, JooHyun-ssi’s classmate. We have decided yesterday that we will go to school together today.”

 

“JooHyun said that? Really?” He saw the woman’s eyes twinkle while asking excitedly.

 

“Yes,Ma’am.”

 

“OMO! I didn’t know that my Joohyun is gaining guy friends now. Wait here,I’ll call her.”

 

‘So even her mother knew that she doesn’t like guys’ he thought as the woman entered the bakeshop to call for JooHyun.

 

====================================================================================

 

“JooHyun-ah!” Her mother called for her excitedly.

 

“Ne,Omma?”

 

“Someone is looking for you. A guy to be exact.” Her mother said in a teasing tone.

 

“Eh? A guy?” Her mother might be exaggerating things right now since this is the first time that a guy looks for her. ‘Who could that be?’  She thought as she goes down from the stairs.

 

“Aigoo, it seems like my daughter is hiding something from me.”

 

“Eh?” She asked confusingly when she reached the last step and starts wearing her sandals.

 

“You never told me you have a handsome guy friend now. I thought you only have Luhan and your eight sisters. That’s good to know, I mean, it’s really not good hating guys. Not all guys---“

 

“Omma! Stop it, please. I don’t have any guy friend---“she stops talking when she saw a man outside. His back is facing them but she knows who is the owner of that figure.

 

‘Omma! I’ll go now!” She said without looking at her mother.

 

She hurriedly came outside and dragged him a little bit far from their shop; it was near his car to be exact so her mother will not be able to hear their conversation which made YongHwa surprised.

 

“Woah! Slow down, Babe. Are you that excited to see me?” YongHwa smirk.

 

“What are you doing here?!” she whispered in gritted teeth.

 

“I’m here to fetch you.” YongHwa said matter of factly.

 

“Fetch me?!” Her voice became a little louder.

 

“Your mother is looking at us.” YongHwa said leaning at his car after giving her mother a slight bow. Seohyun looked at his mother then smiled. It seems like her mother misunderstood the situation.

 

“Why the hell would you fetch me?! I can go to JYHU alone! I always go there by myself!” She said calmly but still in gritted teeth afraid that her mother might hear them.

 

She was about to walk away but what YongHwa said made her stop.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

She turned around only to find him looking at her intently.

 

“W-What?” She asked in surprised. Why would YongHwa say sorry to her?

 

“I-I know I went overboard. I-I just..I don’t know. I keep on pissing you because..aish! Mwolla! Just accept my apology, will you?!” He said irritatingly. Well he can’t really say that he keeps on pissing her because he wanted to get her attention. That will make him look like silly.

 

Seohyun looked at him while holding her book near her chest. She doesn’t know but he looks like sincere with his apology. She bit her lower lip then pouted, a manner she always do when she’s in deep thought.

 

‘She should really stop doing that. Aish!’  He thought as she was looking at her.

 

“Okay. Apology accepted.” Then she turned around to walk again.

 

“W-Where are you going?!”

 

“To school.”

 

“Let’s go together.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Well, first, because I told your mom, we will go together and second, your mom is looking at us right now.”

 

Seohyun heaved a sigh then looked at the direction of their bakeshop then saw her mom looking at them.

 

“Okay. But let me clear that I will only go with you because I don’t want my mother to misunderstand anything. Also, this will be the last time that you will show your face here.” She said seriously.

 

“Okay.” YongHwa said smiling, Seohyun rolled her eyes before going to the other side of the car.

‘I can’t promise you that I’ll do the last thing that you said though.’ He whispered when he saw her getting in his car.

 

====================================================================================

 

Seohyun looked around inside YongHwa’s car. It is very obvious that the car is still new based on its interior design. ‘Or maybe he took care of it properly.’  She thought. It’s a convertible sports car so she’s holding her hair afraid that she’ll arrive in JYHU with a messy hair. She noticed that YongHwa was also driving softly. Suddenly she felt that something is moving at the back of the car and it’s starting to gets dark.

 

YongHwa saw how she was amazed with his car that makes him proud. ‘It seems like you gain another admirer today baby.’ He thought talking to his car. Truth to be told, his car is such an eye turner. Wherever he brings it, people can’t help but to stare at it. He noticed that Seohyun keeps on holding her hair since the wind is blowing hard while he’s driving. So he pushed the button to cover the car. He smiled seeing her shock reaction upon seeing the cover moving.

 

‘Tss. He really like showing off.’ She thought. The car is now fully covered.

 

“Red Ferrari.” She suddenly blurted out still looking straight.

 

“Ne?” YongHwa asked as he stops by the red light.

 

“Your car. It’s a red Ferrari, right?” She then looked at him.

 

“Oh, yes. How did you know? Do you like cars, too?” YongHwa asked excitedly.

 

Seohyun smiled a bit. “Aniyo. I-I just know someone. Red Ferrari is her dream car.” She said then looked away.

 

“Who?” He asked curiously.

 

“Just someone I know.” She replied still looking outside the window.

 

‘Can you imagine I’m riding on your dream car.’

 

====================================================================================

 

They ride in silence after that small conversation until they reached the University. When YongHwa parked the car, Seohyun notices that there were students, female students to be exact, gathered around his car. ‘Are they really that popular?’ she thought as she looked outside. She now know why her Tiffany Unnie is always late since she’s a diehard CNBLUE fan, she must be one of those fangirls waiting for CNBLUE to arrive every morning. Then it hit her..

 

“Aish! Ottokke?!” she mumbled while unbuckling her seatbelt in panic.

 

“Why?” YongHwa asked while looking at her panicking.

 

“People will see me getting off from your car. They will really think that the rumor about us is true.”

 

“So? Let them think what they want. As long as we both know the truth, there’s nothing to worry.” He said calmly opening the door.

 

Seohyun can’t believe what she heard. “Mwoya?! He’s not scared of the rumors?! Did he even think that it can bring shame to his family? He’s being linked to me, an ordinary student. Is he insane?! What if his family found out?! Aish! Ottokke?” She said looking at YongHwa outside the car meeting his friends. She knows how rich family wanted their children to interact with only rich people. She knows because her unnie deul have been telling these things to her. She’s just glad that their families, even though they are rich and she’s not, have been really good to her.

 

When he got off the car, he saw his three dongsaengs who just arrived too, waving to their so called fans.

 

“Yah! I told you stop waving at them as if you’re an idol.” He said seriously.

 

“Wae? They are waving at us, how can we ignore those pretty girls?” MinHyuk said still waving.

 

“Keunde Hyung, why are you so early today?” JongHyun asked looking at him strangely as he goes to the other side of his car.

 

“You’ll be late if you’ll stay there. It’s okay. Don’t worry.”

 

They heard YongHwa talking to someone inside the car. They can’t see it clearly since the car is tinted.

 

“Seolma! Don’t tell me his new girlfriend is a student in JYHU?!” JungShin asked to MinHyuk and JongHyun.

 

“DAEBAK!” MinHyuk gasped.

 

“WHAT THE HECK?!” JongHyun blurted out.

 

JungShin followed their gaze. “Oh?!” Then he pointed to the girl who just came out from YongHwa’s car.

 

“Anneonghasaeyo.” She bowed at the three. Their jaws almost dropped when they realized who the girl is.

 

“I’ll go ahead. Thank you for the ride.” Seohyun bowed at YongHwa. She immediately walked away without even waiting for his reply.

 

“Can you explain what’s happening?” JongHyun asked YongHwa who gave them nothing but a wicked smile while shaking his head.

 

“YAH! When are you going to stop this revenge?! Let me just tell you that she is YoonA’s friend. ---YAH! Where are you going?!” Jonghyun yelled at YongHwa who is now walking away from them.

 

====================================================================================

 

 

Seohyun walks away without waiting for his response; she heard the students gasped as they saw her walking out. They gave way as she passed through them.

 

‘Mwoya?! So is the rumor true?’

 

‘Impossible! What on earth did Oppa saw in her that she did not see to us?!’

 

‘I can’t believe this! Are they really dating?!’

 

‘So frustrating! Why her?!’

 

Seohyun heard those girls say as she walk passed them. For the first time, she didn’t say anything and she let them say those nasty words about her because she knows that compared to them, she is really nothing.

 

She took a deep breath and pretended she didn’t hear anything. She know they are throwing her those judging looks but she chose not to look at them. Seriously, riding in that car is something she shouldn’t do. If only she didn’t think of what her mother will think,she will not ride in it.

 

‘It’s okay. This will be the last.’ She thought as she headed to HQ.

 

====================================================================================

 

“So, you even ride in his car now.” Tiffany said after their class ended. Seohyun gathered her things and put it in her bag.

 

During the whole class, she ignored YongHwa who seated comfortably next to her and was all smiling. Fortunately, the guy did not bothered talking to her, he seems to be in good mood. ‘Is he enjoying the fact that people are talking bad about me?’

 

“I got no choice, Omma was exaggerating things when she saw him this morning.” She replied standing up. They walked out the room together.

 

“People really thought you are dating him. A picture of you going out from his car is all over the internet now. Not to mention that JYHU students are throwing you deadly glares and talking now behind your back. Will you be okay with it?”

 

“So? Let them think what they want. As long as we both know the truth, there’s nothing to worry.”

 

She suddenly remembers what he said this morning. Will she really be okay? She’s not sure.

 

“Kwaenchanayo. As long as I know the truth, we know the truth. I don’t care what people think of me.”

 

“But I heard he never let anyone ride in his car.” Hyoyeon said as they continued walking. Seohyun suddenly stops.

 

“W-What?”

 

“That’s right.” Tiffany started. “He bought that car using his own money that’s why it was so precious to him. He even called that car, ‘baby’. And because it’s so precious, he never let anyone ride in it, even the other CNBLUE members who are like his brothers.” She looked at Seohyun, “That makes you the FIRST person who rides in his car.”

 

Seohyun looks down thinking about what Tiffany had said. Tiffany gently spun her around to face her. “Maknae-ah, I don’t feel good about this. Yes, I am their fan, I know them very well that’s why I don’t want any of my friend to have a connection with those four boys. They are dangerous, I don’t want you be hurt. Stay away from them. They are not good for you. Please do me a favor. Hmm?” Tiffany said looking worried.

 

Seohyun smiled, “Don’t worry Unnie. This will not happen again. I promise.”

 

Tiffany felt relieved and smiled. “That’s my girl.”

 

“JooHyun-ah, you have to see this.” Hyoyeon butted in looking straight at the bulletin board.

 

They came closer to where  Hyoyeon is standing and looked at the bulletin board. They saw a number of  flyers of announcements posted on the board.

 

“Read this.” Hyoyeon then pointed a blue flyer that was posted on the board.

 

Seohyun reads it silently.

 

“You need this opportunity. You are going to live independently,right? That means, you need extra money and I know that even though we want to offer you some help, you’ll just reject us. You have no idea how tiring it is to be rejected by you. So grab this opportunity.”

 

Seohyun reads again the flyer. It is an announcement about a student looking for a private teacher that offers a high salary, even higher to what her students are paying her.

 

“Ahrasseoyo Unnie, I’ll contact this person later.” She said still smiling and full of determination as she type the contact number in her phone.

 

====================================================================================

 

During her lunch break, Seohyun headed to a the University Garden. She’ll be meeting there the person who posted the flyer.  The student did not give her name which she finds a little odd but she brushed it away. Her Hyoyeon Unnie is right, she need this opportunity, she can’t let it slide.

 

She reached the garden after a few minutes of walking. The University Garden have some cottages or waiting lounges where the students usually spend their leisure time. She decided to wait for the student in one of the cottages. She placed her bag on the table and since she is still early on their meeting time, she decided to continue reading her book.

 

After she finished reading few pages and the student is not yet coming, she decided to call her already so she put down her book to get her phone in her bag.

 

“Oh! Kamchagiya!” she was startled seeing someone at the doorway of the cottage.

 

“Will you stop appearing in front of me as if you’re some kind of a mushroom?” She said rolling her eyes when she saw YongHwa leaning at the side of the doorway, hands in his pocket while standing comfortably.

 

“Why are you---

 

“YongHwa-ssi, not because I ride in your car doesn’t mean we are already in good terms. I did not tell you to fetch me in the first place, and have you forgotten that I went with you because I don’t have a choice. But this doesn’t change the fact that I still don’t like your presence. So please stop pestering me. The news about---“

 

“Why do you hate me so much?” He asked walking closely to where she was sitting.

 

She smirked, “I don’t hate you. I just don’t like your presence, it’s making me sick. You and your arrogance is getting on my nerves.” She stands up picking her bag and was about to walk out when he speak again.

 

“Tell me what should I do for you to like me?”

 

 

Author's Note:

 

I'm so sorry for the long wait! I haven't edited this, I'll edit this tomorrow. So who watched BMJKT? A LOT of SPAZZABLE MOMENT happened,right?? YONGSEO IS SO REAL! KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

 

YongHwa: Do you know Lovelight?

 

LMAO!

 

~ilovegoguma29~