Chapter 13: A Shocking Revelation

It All Started With A BET (ON-HOLD)

 

 

She was busy finishing her research paper when  her phone vibrated.

 

“Hyunnie-ah, can you do Unnie a favor? We want to talk to you now, we’re at the cafeteria now. We’ll  wait for you.”

 

It was a text message from YoonA. She hit the reply button. “Be there in 10, Unnie.”

 

She puts back her things and left the library. She’s walking in the hallway  when her phone rings.

 

“Yobosaeyo?” She answered without looking at the screen.

 

“Joohyun-ah, where are you now?” It’s YongHwa.

 

“I’ll be in Cafeteria, I’ll meet YoonA Unnie. Let’s just meet there.”

 

“Oh geure, I’m on my way now.”

 

“Ahrasseo.” Then she hungs up. Moments ago, she got a text message from him asking if they can eat lunch together, thinking that it’s not a bad idea at all, she agreed, after all they are friends now. She also eats lunch with Luhan and other male officers before.

 

When she reached the cafeteria, she immediately scans the crowd to look for YoonA, she smiled when she saw her waving at her at one table near the aisle. But her smile fades away when she realize her Unnie is not alone.

 

Tss! Of course they will be together.’ She thought as she rolled her eyes to her friend.

 

“What’s the matter, Unnie?” She asked YoonA, ignoring JongHyun’s presence. YoonA pulled her hand to sit down beside her so she gave her a deathly glare.

 

“I’m busy, Unnie. Can we just talk about this later?”

 

“Hyunnie-ah, don’t be like this, please?” YoonA said in her most sweet tone while linking her arms to hers. She sighed then looked at man in front of her.

 

“I don’t have enough time so tell me what do you want.” She said coldly.

 

“I-I bought you this.” Then he gently pushes a white paper bag to her direction. Seohyun just give it a short glance then smirk.

 

“We were shopping in Busan and then he saw that, he asked me if you like these stuffs, when I told him you love that kind of things he instantly bought it.” It was YoonA who explained the details trying to lessen the tension going on when she noticed that Seohyun just looked at the bag.

 

“You don’t have to bribe me.” She said raising her right eyebrows.

 

“A-Aniyo! T-This is not a b-bribe. I-It’s just that, I-I thought of you when I saw that so I thought you will like it.”

 

“You thought of me while you’re with my Unnie?!”

 

“I-It’s not like that! K-Keunyang, I-I just want us to be friends,too. I-If you won’t mind.” He said the last sentence almost a mumble when he saw Seohyun was already frowning.

 

She heaved a sigh, she looked at him, she knew he was nervous, she can see it to his movement.

 

“Please don’t think that I am against this relationship, I have no right to do that, neither to torture you, but this doesn’t mean that I already like you for my Unnie. My thought about you will remain the same, you’re still a jerk who broke her heart. The girls might like you after you told them what happened but not me. You don’t have to tell me the whole story because I know it very well. When you left her, I was the only one who stayed beside her because the other girls got tired of her drama. I know how hard she suffered because of you,--“

 

“Hyunnie-ah—“ YoonA nudged her elbow but she ignored her.

 

“You hurt her, you left her for two freaking years! You have no idea how much she suffered because of you and now you’re back, you say sorry and then what? She instantly forgot everything! Every bullcrap that you did! Love?” She crossed her arms before she continued speaking. “I may not know that word but I know how painful it is to be left out alone.”

 

She took a deep breath and look at the young woman who was sitting beside her facing to the ground then she look back at him again.

 

“I won’t expect anything from you JongHyun-ssi, I know that time will come you will make her cry again, you did it before, there’s no way you won’t do it again.”

 

“I love her.” Seohyun looked at JongHyun when he say those words and she knew he was sincere.

 

“I can’t promise that I won’t make her cry again, but I can assure you that I won’t do the same mistake again. This time, I’ll be brave enough for her. I assure you that when she cries, I’ll be at her side, comforting her. I can prove it to you.” JongHyun said full of sincerity.

 

“You don’t have to prove anything to me, neither to all of us, just take care of her and we’re good. Keurigu, I hope this will be the last time you’ll give me gift, I hate it. I hate gifts especially when it comes to guys.” She looked at Yoona.

 

“I’ll see you later Unnie. I need to go now.” She grabs the paper bag then stands up. Just when she was ready to walk away she saw YongHwa.

 

“Hyung.” She heard JongHyun called YongHwa.

 

“I thought you’re in Busan?” YongHwa asked JongHyun.

 

“Ohh, we came back this morning.”

 

YongHwa just nods then he looked at Seohyun who was quiet at that moment.

 

“What’s that?” He asked her pointing to the paper bag.

 

“Oh, t-this?” Then she looked inside then she was shocked seeing what’s inside. It’s the book she was dying to buy but can’t afford it no matter how much effort she did. She looked at Jonghyun and YoonA still shock.

 

“It’s my gift, Hyung! I bought it in Busan.” Then he looked at Seohyun. “I’m glad you like it.”

“Why are you giving her gift?”

 

“It’s not what you think, I bought gift to all of  YoonA’s friends.”

 

“Ah! Ahrasseo. Ah! JooHyun-ah” He called her name  so she tried herself to act normal. She was still trying herself to be calm because of Jonghyun’s gift.

 

“N-Ne?”

 

“Will it be okay if we’ll just eat with them?” YongHwa asked her. She was hesitating at first but when she saw YoonA smiled at her she just nods.

 

“Great! I’ll just order foods.” YongHwa said looking at her.

 

“I-I’ll go with you.” She said almost a whisper.

 

“Okay. Let’s go.”  YongHwa said oblivious of what just happened.

 

 

“She likes you, Oppa.” YoonA said as soon as YongHwa and Seohyun went to order.

 

Jonghyun looked at her in disbelief. “Really?”

 

Yoona smiled. “Hmmm. She doesn’t usually show what she truly feels Oppa but I know that she likes you and I’m happy about it. Thank you for doing this.”

 

“You know that I’ll do anything for you right?” JongHyun said winking at her that earns a giggle from YoonA.

 

============================================================

 

“Are you alright? Is there something bothering you?” YongHwa finally asked while they were queing at the cashier to pay for their orders.

 

“I-I’m fine.” She answered, she looked away then she saw YoonA and JongHyun happily talking with each other. YongHwa followed her gaze then smiled as he knew what’s bothering her.

 

“Jonghyun is a nice guy. I’ve known him since we were five, he’s a nice person if you will only get to know him more. I know this is hard to believe and I may look like taking his side but I just want you to know that the rumors about him being a playboy is actually not true, he never dated anyone after their break up. He also had a hard time, girls might flirt with him but still there’s only one woman in his heart. I know him well and I can assure you that he will not do the same thing again. I’ve never seen him happy like this. He loves your friend very much, I can assure you that. YoonA is a nice person too, don’t worry too much, I’ll kill JongHyun if ever he made YoonA cry again.”

 

Seohyun looked at him seriously upon hearing his last sentence.

 

“Really?You’ll kill him?” Seohyun said seriously.

 

“Hmmm, I-I’ll kill him for you. B-But you’re not being serious,right?” YongHwa suddenly felt nervous with the way she looks at him. ‘She won’t ask me to do it,right?’ He thought.

 

She laughed at him. “Don’t worry that will not happen, I know he’ll take care of her. As long as my Unnie is happy, I’m happy.”

 

After paying for their orders, they go back to their table carrying the food, where the couple is waiting for them.

 

They were eating in silence until YoonA finally speak.

 

“We look like we’re having a double date right now.” She said smiling, Seohyun looked at YongHwa then back to YoonA again.

 

“But we’re not like you. We’re not dating.” She said matter of fact.

 

“Y-You don’t? Jinjja?” JongHyun said in disbelief then she just nods as an answer.

 

“Then, what are you?” Jonghyun asked again trying to suppress his laughter which earned a glare from Seohyun so he continue to eat avoiding her stare.

 

“We’re friends.” They said in unison then JongHyun can’t control himself, he laughed loudly.

 

“Friends? Hyung! Seriously?” Then he stops laughing when YongHwa glared at him while Seohyun just look at him seriously.

 

“Y-You can’t be serious,right?”

 

“Waeyo? What’s wrong if we’re friends?” Seohyun asked.

 

“A-Ani. T-There’s nothing wrong, i-it’s just that, YongHwa hyung doesn’t want any friendship towards girls, he would prefer d—“

 

“YAH!” YongHwa shouted at the man in front of him.

 

Seohyun smirked. “He would prefer dating them?”

 

“Don’t believe him, he’s just being a jerk.”

 

Seohyun grinned widely then looked at JongHyun. “I know, I’m glad I’m not the only one who knew that.”

 

“Yah! The two of you! Will you stop calling him a jerk! He’s not a jerk, okay?!” YoonA defended her boyfriend.

 

Then they burst out laughing after what she said. Seohyun knew at that moment, her friend is happy and she’s happy for her. She just hopes that this time JongHyun will be a brave man. Brave enough to stand for her friend.

 

 

The class just ended and YongHwa was already waiting for Seohyun outside their classroom. The students who came out of the room smiled at him trying to flirt with him, all were happy to see the great Jung YongHwa outside their room. Little did they know that he was not standing there to flirt with them, in fact, he never take a look to the girls who were passing by even though they greeted him. He was standing there, waiting for only one person.

 

“Oppa! What brings you here?” YongHwa knew that voice so he looked at the young woman who just came out of the room.

 

“I can smell trouble.” JongHyun mumbled who was currently waiting for YoonA at that moment since YoonA is in the same class with Seohyun, Tiffany and Hyoyeon for that particular subject.

 

“I’m waiting for someone.” YongHwa replied coldly then he leaned on the wall again, hands on his pocket.

 

“Are you waiting for me?” Chae Rin said excitedly. It has been a long time since they hang out together. ‘Did he miss me that’s why he was waiting for me?’ she thought.

 

“Aww, Oppa, you should have told me you’re coming. I could have ditched this class you know.” Chae Rin said linking her arms to YongHwa, just then Seohyun, Tiffany,Hyoyeon and YoonA came out of the room happily chatting.

 

YongHwa stands immediately removing ChaeRin’s hand but it was too late since Seohyun already saw it. Tiffany looked at him in disbelief then to Chae Rin, she just smirked and rolled her eyes.

 

“I’m sorry Chae Rin but the person I’m waiting is finally here.” He came closer to Seohyun.

 

“It’s not what you think.” He whispered so she just smiled and nods.

 

 “I know.” She whispered back.

 

“Are you ready?”

 

But before Seohyun can even answer him, they heard Chae rin speak.

 

“What’s the meaning of this? Did I miss something?” ChaeRin asked obviously irritated of the scene. If there’s one thing that she hates, those were the flirty girls who tried to come close to YongHwa. She hates them so when YongHwa dumped them after spending a night, she’s the happiest woman because that means that she will have a chance again. She always make herself beautiful in front of him, she always makes sure he’ll notice her but for some reasons, he doesn’t notice her at all but she’s not giving up because what she wants, she’ll always get it.

 

So when she saw YongHwa and Seohyun together makes her wanna puke, she know that the two have always been fighting but the atmosphere today is different, they were whispering to each other, YongHwa talks to her in a gentle manner and Seohyun even smiled at him. Right at that moment, she wants to kill Seohyun.

 

“I don’t think I have to explain everything to you because as far as I know, you’re not my mother.” YongHwa answered her coldly. The girls just giggles upon hearing what he said.

 

“Mworago?” She can’t believe what she just heard.

 

“Let’s go.” YongHwa said grabbing Seohyun’s hand then they walk out holding hands, Chae Rin just looked at them in disbelief.

 

“Ouch! That was harsh. Ottokajji Chae Rin ssi? It seems like YongHwa ssi is smitten by our friend.” It was Tiffany who spoke.

 

“You know him pretty well, you know that he’ll just left her after he got what he wants.”

Tiffany was about to say but then MinHyuk, who is silently listening to their conversation butted in.

 

“Keunde, as far as I know, Seohyun-ssi is a different case. How about you stop seducing him already.”

 

“Mworago?!”

 

Jungshin came closer to her. “What he’s trying to say is that, you should stop it now because you look really pathetic. Should I introduce you to my friends? Just let me know, okay?” He tapped her shoulder before they walk out bidding Tiffany,Hyoyeon and Yoona goodbye.

 

“That was double ouch! Did they just call you PATHETIC?” Tiffany smirks when she saw her reaction.

 

“Let’s go guys, I suddenly felt sick of the surrounding here. ” Tiffany said, she grinned at Chaerin then rolled her eyes before walking out along with her friends.

 

 

Meanwhile inside YongHwa’s car….

 

“It’s really not what you think.” He started.

 

“W-What?” Seohyun asked confusingly.

 

“Chae Rin…w-we don’t have any relationship at all. S-She’s just like my sister because we grew up together but I don’t really like her.”

 

“But she likes you, it’s obvious.” She said trying to .

 

“But I don’t like her the way she likes me. I like you.” Seohyun felt again that hammering feeling inside her chest so she tried to smile.

 

She smiled. “Y-You don’t have to tell me these things actually. It doesn’t really matter to me whatever relationship you have with her.” She managed to say trying to calm herself. She felt that her face becomes hot so she looked down trying to hide her blushing cheeks.

 

“Well it matters to me, I don’t want you to misunderstand anything about me, we may be friends for now but I still like you and that will never change.”

 

“Thank you.” She said, YongHwa looks at her so she continues, “Thank you for thinking of my thoughts but don’t worry, I won’t be affected with her. I’m used to her, we’ve been rivals for four years now, you know.” She said jokingly trying to lessen the sudden awkwardness.

 

YongHwa smiled, “That’s good then, so let’s go now?” Seohyun nods so he starts the engine and they drive to their destination.

 

Their meeting with the General Manager of Jung Empire Hotel didn’t last long. Their request were immediately granted since YongHwa was the CEO of the Hotel. The manager then explained to Seohyun that she has nothing toworry since the incident two years ago was already cleared by both parties, she also promised that the same thing will not happen again. She told Seohyun that the whole arrangement would be done by the Jung Empire Hotel’s event organizer but Seohyun insisted that JYHU Student’s Officers should rendered help too since Acquaintance Party is one of the officers’ project for this school year. When everything was settled, they were brought to party hall were the party will be held. The social hall is a big place for the party, it can accommodate more than 2000 people, big events in South Korea are usually held in this hotel. Seohyun is aware of that fact since she always saw that on television. And of course because all of her unnies are from wealthy family, she know the most popular hotels for the rich family. She have attended some of those parties, too. Some of the school events during her first year in JYHU was also held here, it was only stopped two years ago.

 

When everything was being settled, YongHwa then drives Seohyun to YoonA’s coffee shop.

 

It was past 7 PM when they reached the coffee shop. While Seohyun is busy unbuckling her seatbelt, he went out of the car and run immediately to her side to open the car’s door for her.

 

“Thank you for everything today. I really appreciate it. You’ve worked hard.”  Seohyun said as soon as she gets off the car. She gave him a slight bow.

 

“Don’t mention it, you have worked hard, too.” He said smiling with his bursting cheeks clearly shown. Then she felt it again, that strange feeling inside her chest.

 

“I-I’ll go inside now. T-Thank y-you again. I-I’ll see you tomorrow.” She mentally scolded herself from stuttering then she heard him chuckled.

 

She lowered her head to hide her embarrassment while still scolding herself for stuttering in front of him but what he did next made heart beat even faster, she even felt her cheeks becomes hot despite of the cold breeze at that time. YongHwa ruffled her hair affectionately so she looked at him then he gently touched her cheeks.

 

“You’re really more beautiful when you’re blushing.”

 

“N-Ne?!?!”

 

YongHwa laughed heartily, “I was just teasing you. Go inside, it seems like your friends are waiting for you.” He then looked behind her so she followed her gaze.

 

She saw her Unnie deul looking at the glass wall from inside the café. They all looked so surprised.

 

“Do I look strange today?” YongHwa suddenly asked so she looked back at him.

 

“A-Aniyo, why?”

 

“It’s just that the way they look at us, it seems like they saw the strangest thing on earth. Definitely, they will not see you as a strange person here, so—“

 

“Aniyo.” She cut him off smiling. “Don’t mind them, they are just like that. They are not used seeing me with a guy.” She added.

 

“Really?” YongHwa asked in disbelief.

 

“Ne, Go now, it’s getting late already.”

 

“Geure ahrasseo, I’ll go once you’re inside already.” He said giving her a genuine smile.

 

Though she was meaning to ask why he would still wait for her to get inside, she just keep it to herself and just agreed with him. So with a slight bow she said, “I’ll go inside then, take care on your way back home.”

 

He nods so she turned around to enter the café.

 

 

“What’s the matter? Why did maknae wants to talk to us all of a sudden?” Taeyeon asked the moment she sits on her chair.

 

Being YoonA’s friend, the whole Glamorous Girls got their own spot in the café, they got their own table there. It’s the only long table in the shop. There is a “RESERVED” sign on top of it when they are not around. Each member has their own designated seat that nobody is allowed to sit when its owner is not around, it was an order from the oldest in the group, Taeyeon. She did that because whenever they were together they were all noisy in picking their seats.

 

“I don’t really have an idea but I’m guessing this is a serious matter, I mean she never called us if its nothing serious,right?” Yuri said while sipping her mango juice.

 

“Do you think it’s about our da---“

 

“Naah! I don’t think ‘that’ has something to do with this. She always told us about it in the right place.” Sunny cut Sooyoung off.

 

“You, you’re always with her, did she tell you something about this? Is there something bothering her?” Taeyeon asked YoonA who just sits in front of her, she just finished signing the paper for product delivery so she joined them late.

 

“Maybe she just misses hanging out with us?” YoonA answered uncertainly. She scratch her head when she saw Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

 

“Tsk! Why did I even bother asking you? I forgot, you’re always pretty but clueless of what’s really happening.”

 

“I wonder how did JongHyun fall for her and how this shop became successful.” Jessica said with her usual cold expression.

 

YoonA was about to say something but then Taeyeon turned to Tiffany, ignoring whatever she’s about to say, so she just pouted in defeat.

 

“Hey.” She nudged the young lady beside her.

 

“That’s another problem.” Sunny said so Taeyeon turned to her.

 

“Why?” She asked frowning.

 

“She has been really quiet ever since she arrive, she didn’t talk as if she’s in deep thought. Let’s see if you’ll make her talk.” Sunny added.

 

“Jinjja?” So she turned to Tiffany again, everybody was waiting as if the next thing will happen will change the world, all were holding their breath, waiting if Taeyeon will make her talk.

 

“Hey.” Taeyeon nudged at her again.

“N-Ne?” Tiffany turned to her looking surprised.

 

“Of course, she will make her talk, she is Taeyeon after all.” Yuri said smiling.

 

“Tiffany’s forever bestfriend.” Sooyoung added.

 

“Oh, you’re all here? I-I’m sorry, I was just thinking of something.” Tiffany said trying to hide something that’s bothering her.

 

“Are you okay? It seems like you’re in deep thought, you didn’t even notice our arrival.” Taeyeon asked worriedly.

 

“A-Aniyo,just some school stuff.” She lied, Taeyeon knew she was lying but she just decided to talk to her alone later.

 

“Geure? Okay then, anyway, do you have any idea why maknae would talk to us?”

 

“N-Ne? Ahhh, Keuge..I-I’m afraid, ye-yes. I know what will this be about but I want you to hear it from her.” Tiffany looked away. Right at that moment, Taeyeon knew that JooHyun has something to do as to why her bestfriend is acting weirdly today.

 

 

Taeyeon looked at the other girls who are looking confusingly at Tiffany.

“Why?” They all said in chorus which earned a glare from Taeyeon.

 

“B-Because I don’t think I’m in the right position to tell it to you. Let’s just wait for her.”

 

“Why are you even so serious, it’s creeping me out.” Yuri jokingly said.

 

“It’s not like Seohyun is dating someone already,right?” Sooyoung said giggling.

 

“Yah! It’s almost the same as saying we have 32 days in one month.” Yuri added but they all looked at each other nervously when Tiffany became quiet again. They looked at Hyoyeon but she looked away.

 

“Neo..Seolma..” They all mumbled.

 

Yuri was about to say something when her eyes caught something outside the café. Their table is located in a corner by the glass wall of the café,so they can clearly see everyone outside the café.

 

“OMO! Is that Jung YongHwa’s car?” Yuri can’t believe what she was seeing, she know CNBLUE’s cars since she is also a fan of them but not as hardcore as Tiffany.

 

“Why would the great Jung YongHwa will ever go here? That’s impossible.” Sunny said sitting back again.

But she stands again when she heard her friends gasped. “It’s really him! OMO!”

 

They all looked through the glass wall then they saw YongHwa opening the car.

 

“He’s with someone! I must take a photo of this! This is a big news!” Yuri said as she excitedly grabbed her phone to take a photo. Tiffany on the other side remained seated since she knows who’s with him.

 

“Woah! The girl is pretty, who could it be?”

 

“How can you say she’s pretty, you can only see her shoulder!”

 

Then YongHwa move a little that give them a clear view of the girl.

 

“The girl looked familiar, though.” Sunny said as she was looking at the girl.

 

“I know, where did I see that girl?” Yuri said trying to think.

 

Tiffany heaved a sigh. “It’s JooHyun.” She said enough for them to hear.

 

“Ne? Joohyun is here? Where?” Then they looked around looking for their maknae.

 

Tiffany shook her head. “The girl with YongHwa-ssi, that’s Joohyun.”

 

“MWORAGO?!” They all looked at Tiffany as if she just blurted out something unbelievable.

 

“Yah! Hwang Miyoung! What non sense are you talking about?” It was Jessica who said while glaring at her.

 

“It’s true. T-That’s really maknae, uri Seohyunnie.” Hyoyeon said without looking at them.

 

“Mwo?” Then they looked back to YongHwa who was still talking to the girl. The girl then looked at their direction then they all gasped.

 

“SEO JOO HYUN?!” They all said in shocked while Tiffany, YoonA and Hyoeon remained seated. Maknae surprised them already this morning.