Chapter 3: What a day?!

It All Started With A BET (ON-HOLD)

 

 

It’s another day for Seohyun as the President of JYHU and just like her usual routine, she headed to the Student’s Officers’ Office or Headquarters as what the other officers called it, when she reached University to start her duty. When she got inside, she found Luhan, the Student’s Vice President.

 

“Anneong,Hwejang!” He greeted her cheerfully.

 

“Woah! Strange. You’re so early today.” She . Seohyun is a well known man hater at JYHU, all of the guys are scared to approach her, and they don’t have the guts to talk to her if it’s not really important. They find Seohyun intimidating especially the way she looks at them. Unknown to her, a lot of guys have been admiring her from afar but since they knew that she hates guy, nobody from them dared to approach her, they are scared of what the people called ‘rejection’. They know they will experience that when they talked to her. She never smiles to any guy, she always wear this serious looks when talking to them. But unknown to everyone, she was not born as man hater, she started to hate guys when she was ten. But Luhan is an exception to all of these guys.

 

She met Luhan during her second year at JYHU at the rooftop. He was a transferee back then and he was not good in direction. Seohyun helped him find his room, and that first meeting was followed by another one and another one. And that starts their friendship. Just when she thought every guy at the school are bad people, Luhan was different. While all the guy never dare to approach her, he did. While every guy was scared of her, he wasn’t. Luhan was a kind hearted and comfortable person to be with. With him, she found a real brother, a person she never had. Every time they are together, she feels comfortable and at ease. It feels like Luhan became her bestfriend and brother. When Tiffany and Hyoyeon are not around, he defends her with those people bullying her, he spends his free time with her. They have been sharing secrets at each other too. It is also safe to say that Luhan know her well and same as Seohyun. Just when looking at each other’s eyes or just by their gestures, they know what is on their mind but not at all times.

 

“Of course. First meeting today, I can’t be late.” He said winking at her. She rolled her eyes. Luhan is always late every morning so Seohyun really finds it strange seeing him in HQ at this hour. Luhan loves to sleep, a thing nobody knows except Seohyun. Luhan have been keeping this cool guy image in the University. A lot of girls have been wanting for his attention and Seohyun just rolled her eyes whenever they are fangirling over him. ‘If they only know that they are admiring a sleepyhead’  is what Seohyun always thinks whenever she see those fangirls of his bestfriend.

 

“So that’s only for today?” Seohyun asked.

 

“You can say that. I hope Prof. Lee won’t give me morning duties.”

 

“Well, you should pray for the best. I’m the PRESIDENT after all.” She smirked while flipping her hair.

 

“YAH!”

 

She laughed at his reaction. She was about to say something when the rest of the officers came in. The whole Student Officers are composed of fifteen people, all of them are cheerful people who have a high respect to Seohyun. They jive well since they were in one party list. Yes, the newly elected officers all belong in one party list. It was a landslide victory, a thing which made Seohyun happier since she will not adjust to new people anymore. It has five guys including Luhan and ten girls including Tiffany and Seohyun. Hyoyeon never joined them as she finds it stressful being an officer, she'd rather practice dancing than stress herself with Officer's duties.. Seohyun also likes the guys in the Student’s Officers, for her, the only decent and gentlemen guys in JYHU are the five guys of Student’s Officers Club. Though they all belong to a rich family, they are not arrogant unlike any other guy in the University. As for the girl officers, they all respect Seohyun, they also share some beauty tips to her which the latter ignored. She doesn’t need those things right now. All of the officers are willing to help Seohyun in every way that they can. They believe in her strong willpower. They all believe that Seohyun will make changes as the newest President of SOC (Student’s Officers Club).

 

The rest of the officers greeted her and Luhan. They had a little chit chat before the SOC Adviser came in. Professor Lee Dong Gun is the Dean of the Business Administration Department. He might look strict to other students but he is the favorite Professor of Seohyun. She likes how this professor looks so scary but still gets the whole respect of the students not just because he’s a Dean but because of the things he can do as a Professor. Ever since he became her Professor in one of her major subject before, he had been helping her with her lessons, giving tips on how to do well in the class. They have this close relationship that other students thought she is Prof. Lee’s favorite student but those people who loves bullying her thinks different. For them, they have an affair, a thing they’ve been looking for evidences and then they will reveal it to the public. Unfortunately, they find nothing because what Prof. Lee and Seohyun have are nothing more aside from being a Professor-Student relationship. For Seohyun, she likes Prof. Lee’s fierce character not just to the students but to his fellow teachers too. She likes how the man shows support in everything that she do, how the man gives her advices when she wanted to give up. He is nothing but a well respected Professor.

 

Though she is considered as MAN HATER of JYHU, there are few guys in the University that she never hates.

For Prof. Lee, Seohyun is just a student who is determined to succeed in her goals, a student whom he admired for her perseverance, a quality you can’t find anymore in people at her age. A student who did not let poverty become hindrance in reaching for her dreams. He saw himself on his younger days to Seohyun, yes, Seohyun is his younger version. Like her, he was not born a wealthy man too. What he have right now was because he worked hard for it and he know that Seohyun will also be a successful person in whatever field she chose.

 

“It seems that everybody is here already, so let’s start the---“

 

“Jeosonghamnida! I’m late.” Tiffany said catching her breath as soon as she opens the door.

 

“It’s not that I’m not used to it Ms.Hwang but since you are the secretary, you should try to be early. At least try to manage your time now. You have a responsibility now, you know that,right?” Prof. Lee said in a serious tone.

 

Tiffany bit her lower lip as she bowed feeling sorry.

 

“Ne Kyusoonim. This will not happen again. Jeongmal Jeseonghamnida.”

 

Prof. Lee just nod and motioned her to take her seat. The whole team are now sitting in two long couches in the office.

 

“Yah, why are you late again?” Seohyun whispered to Tiffany as soon as the other girl sits beside her.

 

“I’ll tell you later.” She whispered back putting out her own tablet.

 

They started the meeting, Prof. Lee discussed to the new officers the responsibility and duty of everyone as Student’s Officers.

 

“So it is obvious that Seohyun-ssi have the biggest responsibility and duty here. Being a President is not a joke but everything will be easy if you guys will help and support your President. You’re not just schoolmates now, we are one family now. I want you to treat Seohyun-ssi as your big sister here. No matter how strong she is, she won’t be able to do anything if you will not help her. So will you promised that you will follow her lead and be a good officers?”

 

“Ne,Kyusoonim.” The officers replied together.

 

“Kamsahamnida.” Seohyun bowed to everyone.

 

“I want to see Teamwork guys. I did not see it on last year’s officers. I have a high expectation with you. Don’t disappoint me.”

 

“We’ll work harder, Kyusoonim, right guys?” Seohyun replied.

 

“Ne!”

 

“That’s good then. So let’s go to our last agenda, as an Officer, you are responsible in spreading the announcement to each class of this Building. Seohyun, as the President, Luhan as the Vice President and Tiffany as the Secretary will be doing this duty together as they have to work together as one always. As for the other, you will do it alone. You will just visit the designated classroom if there is any announcement during your free time before that certain class starts their class. So better prepare it by the end of the day so you’ll be ready on the next day. Did you understand it?”

 

“Ne.”

 

“Okay so as for Seohyun-ssi’s team, since you have only one hour free time which is at 8:00 A.M your designated class will be at Fourth Year Management 4-B.”

 

Seohyun nods as Prof.Lee instructs them on what to do. She wrote everything in her notebook.

 

=======================================================================================================================

 

 

“So will you tell me now why you are late?” Seohyun asked Tiffany as soon as they got out the HQ. The meeting was just finished.

 

“Well, I saw CNBLUE at the parking lot. I can’t help but to take pictures that I forgot we have a meeting.”

 

“Aigoo. You should lessen your fangirling now or Prof. Lee will scold you everyday.”

 

“Kwaenchana! As long as I’ll see CNBLUE everyday.” Tiffany answered still wearing that wide smile.

 

They proceeded on their seats as soon as they entered their classroom. Luhan sits beside Seohyun while Tiffany and Hyoyeon sits behind them. They were telling Hyoyeon about what happened in the meeting when the Professor came so they all looked in front. The lesson soon started.

 

Seohyun was busy writing lectures on her notebook when Luhan tapped him. She looked at the guy wearing a poker face. He knows that Seohyun never talk during their class. She mouthed a “Wae?” to him.

 

“I heard what happen yesterday. You really love trouble, don’t you?” He whispered, she looked at the Professor who is busy scribbling on the board.

 

“Serves him right. Now shut up and let’s focus to Prof.Park’s lesson.” She rolled her eyes whe Luhan smirk at her.

 

“You owe me the full details then.” He winked at her which earned a grumble at the young lady.

 

The discussion was interrupted with a knock so Seohyun get her notes and hit Luhan.

 

“Yah! What’s that for?!” Luhan was caught off guard.

 

“We almost got caught! You’re so talkative!” Seohyun looked at him sternly.

 

“We’re not highschool anymore who will be scolded just because we’re –“

 

“But still, you know that I don’t talk when the Professor is around. Aish!” She was about to hit him again when Hyoyeon in.

 

“Quit with your lover’s quarrel. You have to see who’s in front now.” Hyoyeon said with those sparkling eyes.

 

“We’re not even lovers.” Seohyun mumbled before looking in front then her eyes widened.

 

“What the hell are they doing here?!” Seohyun said annoyingly enough for her friends to hear.

 

“Omo! Are they perhaps following our President?” Luhan teased.

 

“You seriously have to keep your mouth shut LuHan-ssi before I hit you again.” Seohyun warned him.

 

Luhan was about to say something when they noticed that someone is standing infront of them.

 

Seohyun looked at the new comer, suddenly all her anger from yesterday’s incident came back. She was about to say something when she heard him speak.

 

“Luhan-ssi,right?” YongHwa asked to her friend. Yes, the new comers were none other than the CNBLUE. Seohyun is not aware that the four boys are in their class. As far as she remembers, they don’t have transferee this semester.

 

“Ne, Sunbaenim. I’m Luhan.” Luhan answered smiling.

 

YongHwa smiled and nodded. “Nice meeting you but I think you are sitting on my chair.”

 

Seohyun let out an air out of exasperation not believing with what she heard.

 

“Unbelievable.” She mumbled annoyingly.

 

“N-Ne?” Luhan was caught off guard with what YongHwa said.

 

“I don’t usually repeat what I just said.” YongHwa said in a sarcastic way.

 

“LuHan-ssi? Why don’t you sit at the vacant seat at the back so we can start our lesson.” Professor Park told Luhan when she saw that Luhan is not yet giving his seat.

 

“A-Ah, N-Ne.” Luhan stands up making Seohyun surprised.

 

“Y-Yah! Eodiga?”

 

“Kwaenchana. I’ll just sit there.” He points at the vacant seat at the back before getting his things.

 

YongHwa took his sit comfortably which made Seohyun annoyed.

 

 

“Ha! So unbelievable.” She muttered enough for her new seatmate to be heard.

 

 

YongHwa turned to her “Oh?! Woah! So Hwejangnim is my seatmate. I didn’t notice that. Please treat me well Hwejangnim.” YongHwa said grinning. Seohyun just smiled at her sarcastically, “I wouldn’t really mind killing you at this moment Jung YongHwa-ssi.” She said rolling her eyes.

 

‘Of all people that will sit beside me, why him?!’ She thought as the discussion started again.

 

“Ouch, That was harsh.” YongHwa replied still wearing that grin. Seohyun just rolled her eyes and tried to focus more on the discussion.

 

YongHwa keeps on talking during the whole class yet he did not get any response from Seohyun. She was too focused with the lecture that he feels like he was talking to a wall or worst to the air. He stopped distracting her minutes before the class ended as he’s already pissed off. ‘How come she didn’t even reply to any of my question? Why is she not even affected by my charm? Or maybe she is but she is just denying it by ignoring me.’

 

He saw her going out the room as soon as the class ended leaving her friends inside the classroom. He turned to look at her friends but they look away when they saw him looking at their direction but one lady didn’t. The girl with an eye smile. ‘She’s cute with that pink dress.’ He winked at her before going out the room that left the girl almost out of breath.

 

“Hyung! Are we going to attend the next class?” It was Minhyuk who called him when they got outside the room.

 

“Yes. You go ahead, I’ll just need to go somewhere.” He said without removing his eyes to Seohyun’s back who keeps on walking oblivious of his stares.

 

“Eodi?” It was Jungshin but instead of answering him he walks following her direction.

 

He followed her until she reached the locker area. She just finished giving instruction to one of the student which YongHwa guessed was one of the Student’s Officers too. He just observed her as she was opening her locker. He continued looking at her back while she was talking on her phone, Seohyun is wearing a white shirt and faded pants that emphasize her body curve. ‘Who would have thought that this nerd has some curves too?’ Yes, ever since he found out those information about her, he called her nerdy. Because only nerd people will do those things. He bet this girl did not do anything aside from studying. ‘What a boring life.’

 

“Mianheyo Unnie. I’ll make it up to you.”

 

“Hey Nerdy!”

 

“AH!” Seohyun jolted in surprise that her phone dropped on the floor when she suddenly heard a voice from her behind.

 

“Aish!” She grumbled in annoyance when she saw that her phone was in pieces as she was picking it up. More than her broken phone, she then remembered something.

 

“WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?!” She shouted at YongHwa making him shocked.

 

“Y-Yah! Do you really have to shout?! You almost gave me a heart attack.” He leaned on the wall facing her.

 

“I’m not shouting. It just so happened that your ears are exaggerated.” She said wearing that usual poker face again.

 

“So tell me, what did you just call me?” She repeated the question again.

 

“Nerdy.” YongHwa said matter of factly. He puts his hands on his pocket.

 

“I’m not nerdy.” She said before turning around to open her locker again.

 

“Yes, you are. You wear those red eyeglasses so you’re a nerd.”

 

Seohyun banged her locker door loudly.

 

“Just because a person is wearing an eyeglasses doesn’t mean they are nerd.” She took a deep breath. “You really know how to piss me off Jung YongHwa ssi.” She added glaring at her and starts to walk away but stops when she heard him speak.

 

“I wonder why you are not even affected with my presence. A lot of girl have been wanting for my attention but—“

 

“So why don’t you find those girls and stop bothering me?!” She cut him off.

 

“By any chance, do you like me Seo JooHyun-ssi?” He asked standing straight while smirking.

 

“Mworago?!” Seohyun asked in disbelief.

 

“ The reason why you are so mad at my presence is because you want to hide the fact that you like me,right?” YongHwa said smiling sensing victory as Seohyun shakes her head.

 

“You surely are full of yourself. Let me get this straight to you. I don’t like guys. Especially if they are like you.” She rolled her eyes but stopped when he grabbed her arm.

 

“Nobody dares to ignores my presence Seohyun-ssi” He said with his most cold expression.

 

Seohyun look straight to his eyes before she forcefully removed his hand on her arm.

 

“Well guess what Jung YongHwa ssi? I just did.” She glares at him and walks away.

 

========================================================================================================================

 

 

The next day Seohyun arrived at JYHU earlier. She received a text message from Prof. Lee Dong Gun last night after her work at the coffee shop, telling her the things that she’ll have to do for today.

 

She was about to enter the building when somebody called her.

 

“Oh my God.” She mumbles as she saw three familiar girls walking towards her direction. It was Tiffany, Hyoyeon and YoonA, suddenly she got excited when she saw YoonA. Could it be that…

 

“Unnie deul! Anneonghaseyo.” She greeted them. They exchanged greetings before Seohyun asked YoonA.

 

“Unnie, what are you doing here?”

 

“I’m transferring! Tiffany said JYHU is better than my University.” YoonA explained.

 

“You can’t be serious.” Seohyun said in disbelief.

 

“Would you like to check my documents then?”

 

“Seriously, Unnie? Why did you move here?” She asked as they entered the building.

 

A group of students greeted her. "Anneonghaseyo Hwejangnim.” She bowed to them.

 

“Woah! You are absolutely popular here.” YoonA was amazed with what she saw.

 

“Aniyo.”

 

“JooHyun-ah, we’ll talk to you later, we’ll help her with her papers. I’ll be in HQ before 8:00.” Tiffany said.

 

“You really have to be there, unnie. We’ll have some announcement to make.”

 

Tiffany nods and the three waves at her.

 

“Aish! Unnie didn’t even answer my question a while ago.” She whispered before she heads to HQ.

 

 When she got inside she saw Luhan preparing the things that they will be using for their duties.

 

“Oh,Hwejang. Good morning.” Luhan greeted her cheerfully.

 

“Good morning. What’s that?” She pointed to a paper Luhan is holding.

 

“Ah, just the list of the announcement for today. By the way, when are we going to schedule the basketball try out? A lot of students are already asking me about it.”

 

“Hmmm, we’ll do it next week. JiHyo was the one in charge of it since she’s the manager of the basketball varsity. I’ll talk to her later since she’ll be in that class,right?”

 

Luhan nodded and they continued to do their thing. After a few more minutes, Tiffany came in, she told her that YoonA’s transferred paper are all done. A few more minutes after 8:00, they headed to room 304.

 

Before they opened the glass door Seohyun saw a familiar figure that ruined her morning.

 

“You didn’t tell me that CNBLUE are in this class.” She frustatedly told Fany.

 

Tiffany looked at where CNBLUE were seated. “Oh, I forgot.Mianhe.”

 

“You forgot? Really?”

 

“Okay, fine. I did not tell you because I know you’ll freak out,okay? Anyway, you don’t have a choice. Let’s go inside, they are looking at us.”

 

Seohyun took a deep breath before entering the room.

 

She tried to ignore his presence again. She can still remember those cold stares from yesterday.

 

“Good morning Management 4-B.” She greeted them cheerfully.

 

 

“We are here for the daily announcement. We have two announcements, first, there will be no class at Prof. Lee as he was gone for a seminar. So if you have class with him, he will not be around.” The whole class cheered happily. Seohyun smiled to Tiffany and Luhan.

 

“Okay, calm down everyone. You still have other classes aside from Prof.Lee. Don’t be so excited.” Tiffany teased the class.

 

“Second announcement is about JYHU’s acquaintance party. Actually, we still don’t have any idea on what kind of theme will it be. For the past three years, it has always been the officers who were deciding for it so now, I would like to make a difference. I want to hear it from you guys.”

 

Seohyun walked in the middle of the classroom forgetting that CNBLUE is also inside. It was too late when she realized she was few steps away from them.

 

 

“So any suggestions?”

 

 

She saw through her peripheral visions that YongHwa raised his hand. Though she hates it but she needs to listen to him thinking that maybe he might have an idea.

 

So with her usual poker face he faced him. “Yes, Jung YongHwa ssi?” She smiled a liitle.

 

“How about……….you go out with me?” YongHwa said cooly.

 

Author's Note:

 

Thank you for all the comments. I will edit this tomorrow. Sorry for the long wait.

 

~ilovegoguma29~