Chapter 16: His Weakness

It All Started With A BET (ON-HOLD)

 

The moment she steps in their classroom for the last subject for that day, Seohyun noticed that a group of female student officers are gathered around her table---no, scratch that, they are actually around YongHwa’s table since the two of them are sharing the same table for this class.

 

 “I told you, we don’t play anymore.” She heard him speak full of authority. One student move a bit so she was able to see his reaction and she’s quite sure, he’s annoyed.

 

‘Mwoya? What are they doing?’  She mumbled, she walked closer to hear their conversation.

 

“Oppa! Can you really not play for us? We’ll treat you dinner after the event.” A female officer said seductively which made Seohyun rolled her eyes. She saw YongHwa smirked at the girl.

 

“Don’t bother. I can buy my own dinner.” He said coldly crossing his arms.

 

“What’s going on?” Before another officer speaks up, Seohyun decided to interrupt them.

 

“What’s the matter? Why are you all here?” She asked them as soon as they turned around wearing that surprised look as if they got caught for doing something wrong.

 

“Mwo? Wae? Why are you all surprised to see me? As far as I know, I still belong to this class. Keunde, you don’t have any business here. So why are you all here?” She interrogates them full of authority.

 

“Jeoseonghamnida Hwejangnim!” JiHyo bowed guiltily that made Seohyun frowned.

 

“Wae Geure?” She asked still frowning putting her things on her table.

 

“We were just trying to ask Jung YongHwa ssi if it’s possible for them to play for tomorrow’s event.” She explained.

 

“Mwo? I thought you already found a band.” Seohyun asked obviously shocked with what she heard.

 

“The band backed out suddenly this morning and—“

 

“And you’re just telling me this now?! Ani, if I did not go here earlier, I would not know we are having a problem. Yah! Kim JiHyo, all of you! TARA WA!” She said glaring at them.

 

“Seohyun-ah!” She felt YongHwa grabbing her arm.

 

“Don’t be harsh on them. Hmm? I think they are just doing their job. Things like this really happened and I think it’s beyond their control” He said but she ignored him instead she looked at the officers bowing their head.

 

“Did you not hear me?! Are you going to ignore my order now? IN HQ! RIGHT NOW!” She shoved YongHwa’s hand away annoyingly.

 

When they reach HQ, Seohyun banged the door loudly that surprised Tiffany and Luhan who are still inside finishing some papers.

 

She turned to the female officers coldly.

 

“When did you learn to hide things from me?!”

 

Instead of giving her answer they just bowed their head. Seohyun sighed in exasperation.

 

“When are you going to tell me about this?”

 

“ Do you even have a plan to tell me about it?”

 

She asked consecutively but got no answer from the people in front of her that made her even more furious.

 

“AREN’T YOU GOING TO ANSWER ME?!” She yelled furiously.

 

“JooHyun-ah! Wae Geure?” Tiffany hold her arm trying to calm her eventhough she doesn’t know what is really happening. This is the first time she saw Seohyun venting her anger to the officers. Usually, she would just let it slip or she would share it to them whenever the nine of them would hang out. Most of the time, Yuri, being a consistent Student Council President for four years during her college days will give her advice and Seohyun will always consider everything that her unnie will tell her. But they never saw her scolding the officers just like what is happening right now so Tiffany started to panic.

 

“Unnie..” Tiffany heard Seohyun calling her.

 

“Hmm?” She tried to sound calmly. Seriously when Seohyun gets mad, she’s really scary and she can prove that.

 

“Did you know that the band backed out this morning?” She asked still looking at the officers in front of her.

 

Tiffany was taken aback with her question.

 

“Mwo?! Eonje? Wae? I think that was already settled,right?” Tiffany asked still confused of what’s happening.

 

“Why did they back out?” It was Luhan who asked this time.

 

“The President doesn’t know, my secretary and Vice President doesn’t know. What are you exactly planning guys?!” Seohyun  asked in gritted teeth.

 

“I-It’s not like that, Hwejangnim. W-We just don’t want to stress you more. We know you’re already having a hard time with all the preparation so I told them to fix it among us before we let you know. I’m sorry if it turns out this way. K-Keurigu, we heard that CNBLUE performed in their University in America so we thought of asking them but JungShin ssi said we need to ask for YongHwa’s approval so we tried to talk to him.” JiHyo explained feeling nervous as she never imagined that Seohyun can really be scary.

 

Seohyun held her nape feeling disappointed. Although she appreciates that they care for her but it really upset her that they hide this kind of problem from her.

 

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath to calm herself.

 

“Guys, I am totally disappointed with your action but I really appreciate your concern. However, please don’t forget that I am in charge of everything. I should know everything no matter how worst that problem is. What do you think will people say about us if this gets worse? Please don’t do this again. I’ve said it before, we will face everything together. I hope you don’t forget that.” She said a little bit calmer now.

 

“Ne. Jeseonghamnida. It will not happen again.” They said in unison while bowing their head.

 

“So did CNBLUE agreed to play?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Aniyo. No matter how we persuade him, he’s really persistent on rejecting us. I mean, I don’t understand why he doesn’t want to perform when s are fine with it. From what I heard, they are really good performers in America.” One of the female officers said frustatedly.

 

“He might have his reasons but I’ll try to talk to him but if he didn’t agree, let’s look for other people who can perform. We have limited time so double your time.”

 

“Ne! Algeussimnida!”

 

“K-Keundeyo—“

 

Seohyun was about to walk out the HQ when she heard JiHyo speak again.

 

“C-can we go with you now? W-We want to know if he’ll do it or not before we find for another band. Don’t worry, we don’t have any classes anymore.”

 

“Geure. If that’s what you want.” She said before leaving the room. The rest of the officers followed her after a few minutes.

 

‘Do you think he will agree?’

 

‘Yah! Haven’t you heard? They are already dating.’

 

‘Jeongmal? I thought they are just friends?’

 

Seohyun heard the officers whispering behind her back as she enters their classroom. She just ignored them since she is well aware of those rumors, too.

 

===========================================================================================

 

YongHwa immediately runs towards her when he saw her entering the room.

 

“What happened? What took you so long? Did you hit them? Yah! They aren’t kids anymore, keurigu---“

 

“Hey, relax. I don’t hit my officers. I’m not that brutal.” She cut him off from talking.

 

“Jinjja?” He sighed in relief.

 

“Hmm.” She nodded smiling.

 

“You look scary a while ago I thought you’re going to kill them.” Then she heard him chuckled.

 

She just rolled her eyes before walking to her seat.

 

“Keunde—“

 

“Shiro!” YongHwa said as if he already know what she was about to say. He then seated beside her.

 

“Are you by any chance, rejecting me,Oppa?” She asked in disbelief.

 

They heard the people in the room gasped some were even whispering not because of what Seohyun said but because it was the first time they heard her calling him ‘Oppa’.

 

I told you they are dating.’

 

‘Did she just call him Oppa?!’

 

YongHwa was caught off guard not because of Seohyun called him, he’s used to it already and he likes it so much. It makes him happier that he can call him Oppa in public now. But what made him caught off guard was her question.

 

“I-It’s not like that. Rejecting you would be the last thing I want to do.”

 

“Jinjja? Geok Jeong Masaeyo. I will not force you if you don’t want to. It’s okay. I’ll just look for another band though it will be hard but I think there’s someone out there who would grant my request.” She said trying to sound sad, she then starts to flip her notes.

 

“Are you upset?”

 

“Aniyo. Wae?” She said still looking at her notes.

 

She then heard YongHwa groaned. ‘It’s working.’ She thought to herself.

 

“Fine! We’ll play tomorrow! We’ll do it!”

 

Seohyun stop herself from smiling as it might ruin her plan.

 

“Jeongmal? I mean, I can still look for another—“

 

“Why the heck are you going to look for another band when you have me?” He said winking at her she smiled at her, the smile he thought he will never see again.

 

“Gumawo!” Then she looked outside the classroom.

 

“He’ll do it! CNBLUE will perform tomorrow so prepare everything.” She told the officers happily then they all squealed happily. They bowed at them excitedly before leaving.

 

“Mwoya? Did they stand there to wait for my answer? Did you perhaps plan on looking so upset so I will say yes?”

 

“Ne! Do you think I have a talent in acting? Should I join a drama club now?” She whispered at him.

 

“YAAAHHH!” YongHwa yelled at her but she just chuckled at his reaction.

 

==========================================================================================

 

Everytime JYHU will held a party for all the students, Tiffany always makes sure that she and the rest of her friends will shine among the rest.  She always makes sure that they will catch everyone’s attention upon their arrival. But this time was different since Seohyun is the Student’s President she wants everything but the best for her. She wants to make sure that YongHwa and the rest of the guys in the University will drop their jaws upon seeing the Student’s President.

 

Everything is set, she even hired a team of stylist in her house for this event, and the rest of the girls are also waiting for them at her house. Yes, Glamorous Girls will also attend the said event since they have been invited. It was not hard for Seohyun to convince them since they are her friends and they can’t just say ‘no’ to her.

 

But there’s one problem that makes Tiffany really worried. She was so worried that she even called all the girls upon knowing that Seohyun wasn’t in her apartment and she can’t even contact her. And now, they are all in her van to look for her. It’s past lunch time already and they need to find her as soon as possible.

 

“Try calling her again.” Taeyeon said while driving.

 

“She’s not answering.” Tiffany said while her phone is still on her ears trying to call Seohyun.

 

“Did you try calling YongHwa? He might know where she is.” Sunny suggested.

 

“I can’t reach him either.” Tiffany said worriedly.

 

“Mwoya?! Where did maknae go?! She’s not like this. She doesn’t usually go somewhere without telling us.” Yuri commented.

 

“That’s why it’s making me even more nervous!” Tiffany said raking her fingers through her hair.

 

“Did you call JongHyun?” Hyoyeon asked YoonA.

 

“I can’t reach him too. I think they are in the middle of their rehearsal.” YoonA replied biting her lips then she remembered something.

 

“Wait a moment! Did you guys check the hotel? She might be there!”

 

Everyone looked at her in surprise. “You know, I didn’t know that dating JongHyun will make you really smart.” It was Tiffany who said giggling.

 

“Mwo?!” YoonA yelled in annoyance.

 

“Taeng! Let’s go to Jung Empire Hotel! Palli!” Tiffany told Taeyeon ignoring YoonA’s reaction.

 

“Oh! Ahrasseo!” Taeyeon immediately made a U turn to go to the hotel.

 

============================================================================================

 

When they reached Jung Empire Hotel, all of them rushed in the lobby. They hurriedly approached the receptionist who was taken aback with their actions.

 

“A-Anneonghasaeyo. H-How may I help you?” The young lady in the reception desk managed to ask despite her surprise on the sudden arrival of the guests who are all panting.

 

“Hi! I-I’m Tiffany. Hwang Tiffany. We’re from—We’re from JYHU, we just—“

 

“Unnie?” Tiffany did not finish her sentence when they heard a familiar voice behind them. They all turned around to see who just call them. They felt relieved upon seeing who is it.

 

“JooHyun?!” They said in unison which surprised Seohyun.

 

“W-Wae? What’s wrong with your look Unnie deul? You look like you run in a marathon. Did something happen?” Seohyun asked worriedly.

 

“Yah! Do you ever have any idea how far we’ve been looking for you?! You made us all worried! What are you doing here?!” Sunny scolded the maknae.

 

“Ne? I just did a last minute check up. I just want to make sure that everything will be fine tonight. Keunde waeyo? Why are you all looking for me? The party will still be at 6 PM. I’m actually on my way to Fany Unnie’s house.” She explained still clueless of what’s happening.

 

“YAAHH! I told you, I’ll pick you up at 6 AM right?! We always do that everytime we had a gathering at the University! I thought something bad happen to you.” Tiffany said trying hard to suppress her tears.

 

“Omo! Mianheyo Unnie! I totally forgot about it. Jeongmal Mianheyo! It’s just that LuHan can’t do the last minute check up so I have to be here. Mianhe. It’s just 1 PM, we still have a lot of time. Don’t worry. Hmm? Let’s go?”

 

Tiffany heaved a sigh. She’s relieve that nothing bad really happened to Seohyun but she was a bit disappointed with her since this is the first time she went somewhere without telling them or even her.

 

“Ahrasseo. But don’t do this anymore. Don’t make us worry. This is so not you,maknae-ah.”

 

Seohyun gave them a warm smile “Ne. I’m sorry for making you all worried and thank you for the concern, Unnie deul. I won’t do it again. I promise!” She said raising her right hand.

 

“Geure. Enough with that. We still got a lot of things to do.” It was Hyoyeon who cut them.

 

“She’s a grown up woman now. Let’s accept the fact.” Yuri whispered to Tiffany when Seohyun started to walk out of the hotel.

 

‘Ahra. But she’s not yet ready to be independent. She still needs us. She still needs me.’

 

She thought to herself. She just gave Yuri a slight nod before they followed everyone.

 

“Seo JooHyun ssi?” A woman in her mid 30s made them stop from their tracks. The woman looked so elegant and full of authority in her black suit with white top in it and a below-the-knee black skirt.

 

“Ne?” Seohyun said obviously startled with the sudden appearance of the woman in front of them. The rest of the girls exchanged glances since this is the first time that they saw the woman.

 

“Who’s that?” SooYoung whispered at Tiffany but she just shrugged her shoulder since she doesn’t know the woman too.

 

“Please come with us. Ms. Moon wants to see you.” The woman said calmly.

 

“Ms.Moon?” This time it was Taeyeon who whispered. Tiffany was about to take a step forward to the woman but Yuri hold her wrist. When she looked at her, she just shook her head and whispered, “Let her handle this.”

 

“I’m sorry but who are—“ Seohyun stopped from talking when she noticed the badge of the woman which is located on her chest.

 

“Oh?! Are you from—“

 

“Ne.” The woman smiled when she realized that Seohyun recognized their botique’s badge.

 

“So Moonie Unnie is here? Where is she?” She asked again.

 

“Ne. She’s waiting for you at her suite.” The woman confirmed. Seohyun excitedly turned to her Unnies.

 

“Unnie deul! Go with me! I’ll introduce you to someone. I’m sure you will like her.” She exclaimed happily to her friends.

 

The woman alongside with another young lady wearing the same outfit as her guide them to the suite.

 

============================================================================================

 

Upon reaching the VIP Area of the Hotel, the woman key in the passcode on one of the doors at the right side.

 

They are welcomed with people moving in a hurry following the order of a petite woman, her back facing them.

 

“Woah!” They all gasped in unison upon seeing the place.

 

For a moment, Tiffany and the rest of the girls thought they entered the salon of the Hotel.

 

“Be careful with that mirror!” They heard the woman said to a staff.

 

“Ms. Moon, Seo JooHyun ssi is here.”

 

The woman turned around to face them flipping her long curly black hair. All of the girls gasped in surprise except for Seohyun. She takes a step closer to the woman.

 

“Unnie” She called cheerfully.

 

The rest of the girls looked at each other as if they heard the strangest word from their maknae.

 

‘Unnie?!’ Taeyeon mouthed to them.

 

‘Does she know her?!’ Tiffany mouthed to them but everyone shrugged their shoulders since they don’t really know what’s happening.

 

‘How can she call Moon Geun Young, the most famous fashion designer in the whole Asia as ‘Unnie’?!’ Tiffany thought still not believing Seohyun’s rudeness.

 

And just when they thought that Seohyun calling Moon Geun Young ‘Unnie’ is the strangest thing that happen, they are totally wrong. To everyone’s surprise, Moonie hugged Seohyun as if they are really close friends.

 

“OMONA! Have you been well?”

 

“Ne. I’m doing really fine though I’ve been really busy because of this event.” Seohyun explained after the hug.

 

“So I heard.” Moonie said giggling.

 

“Ne?”

 

“You know, he always talks about you. He looks like a teenager falling in love for the first time. That jerk!” Moonie said obviously teasing her.

 

“Ne?  Jeongmalyo?” Seohyun asked in disbelief. “Does he really talk about me?” She asked again

 

“Don’t you believe me?” Moonie asked pouting.

 

“Aniyo! Of course! I believe you.” Seohyun said waving her hand.

 

“Ah! Cham! I brought here my friends, I hope you don’t mind.”

 

“Oh no! Of course not!” Moonie waved her hands then looked at the pretty ladies behind Seohyun.

 

“Hi, I didn’t know you have lots of beautiful friends, Seohyun ssi.”

 

“Anneonghaseyo!” The ladies bowed low to her.

 

“And very respectful just like you.”Moonie added which earned a laugh from all of them.

 

“Kamsahamnida.” They all said bowing their heads again.

 

“Keundeyo, I-I didn’t—I mean, how did you meet Seohyun?”

 

“Ah! I met her when YongHwa brought her to my boutique.”

 

“OMO! Seolma…..Are you the one who made this transformation of her?” Tiffany exclaimed.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Woah! No wonder she became more beautiful.”

 

“Do you know her Unnie?” Seohyun asked in confusion.

 

“Of course! Everybody who’s into fashion knows her. We all know her. I even have a collection of all her designs. She’s the famous designer we were telling you before, don’t you remember?”

 

“Jinjja? I can’t remember—“

 

“Because you’re not into fashion that time.”

 

They heard Moonie chuckled. “Don’t worry, I’ll make her love fashion even more. I’ll teach her the basics.”

 

“OMO! That would be great!” Yuri commented clasping her hands.

 

“Anyway, since you’re here now, how about we start the lesson today.” Moonie clasped her hand excitedly.

 

“W-What do you mean, Unnie?” Seohyun asked.

 

“Well, I heard that you’re having this party tonight so I suggested to YongHwa that I’ll be in charge of you again today. Of course he agreed instantly. I still remember how his jaw dropped when I first do my magic on you and I promise you, he will never leave his eyes on you tonight. And of course as what I said, I’ll be teaching all of you some tips in fashion. Do you like it?”

 

“NE!” They shouted excitedly.

 

“Alright. Please choose your seat ladies.”

 

All of them then started sitting on a chair in the room with a huge mirror facing them. Each one of them has a set of 3 stylists who will be in charge of their hair, makeup as well as their outfit. Each 3 set of stylist will follow the order of Moonie who is also in charge of Seohyun’s appearance tonight as requested by YongHwa.

 

After a few hours, they were all done with their makeup.

 

“Please enter the dresses.” Moonie informed the stylist which they followed immediately. After a few minutes, the staff came back with several racks of various designs of dresses.

 

“Woah! Daebak!” Tiffany and Hyoyeon being a fashion lover exclaimed in delight.

 

“You can choose any dress that you want girls.” Moonie announced.

“Jinjjayo?!”

 

“Ne!”

 

Upon hearing the confirmation from her, they all started to pick their own choice of dress but Seohyun remained seated.

 

“What about you, Seohyun ssi? Don’t you like these designs?”

 

“Aniyo. I-It’s just that I-I don’t think there something that will fit me.”

 

“Aigoo. Here you go again. Lack of confidence! She’s really like that, no matter how many times we told her that she’s pretty, she will never believe us.”

 

“Geurom, do you want me to choose a dress for you?” Moonie suggested.

 

Seohyun scratched her head feeling embarrassed. Moonie did not wait for her reply and starting looking at the racks.

 

“This one! This will looks good on you. What do you think girls?” Moon Geun Young said while showing them an aqua blue venus cut long gown which has a long shawl that serves as a long sleeves on the right shoulder and a sequins at the lower chest part that makes it fit on the upper part yet free flow on the lower part.

 

“Daebak!”

 

“I can’t wait to see her in that dress!”

 

“I wonder if YongHwa will be fine for the rest of the night.”

 

The girls commented in awe upon seeing the dress.

 

“Will I look fine in—“

 

“Enough with your lack of confidence, Seohyun-ssi. You are beautiful and I know that you trust me,right? So go in the fitting room now and wear this dress.” Moonie said smiling trying to give the young lady enough confidence that she needed.

 

“Yah! Moo Geun Young ssi doesn’t usually give compliment to everyone so when she compliments you that means it’s really true.” Tiffany said.

 

“Omo! It seems like you know me well.” Moonie said obviously flattered.

 

“Of course! I told you, I’m a fan.” Tiffany exclaimed proudly showing her eyesmile.

 

Seohyun took a deep breath. “Algeussimnida.” She said standing up.

“Please guide her to the fitting room.” Moonie instructed her staff.

 

“Ne.”

 

It hasn’t been long since Seohyun entered the fitting room when somebody came in.

 

“Ms.Moon, the young master has arrived.” The same woman who brought them in the suite announced.

 

“Oh, let him in.” Moonie said as if she is really expecting someone.

 

The girls was surprised to know that the ‘Young Master’ that the woman is referring is actually, Jung YongHwa.

 

YongHwa dressed in Blue tuxedo then entered the suite and was surprised to see everyone in the same room.

 

“Anneonghasaeyo.” He bowed low to them.

 

“You don’t have to be so formal. I heard we’re just the same age.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Ah, ne.”

 

Moonie finds it really strange to see her bestfriend feeling shy.

 

“Yah! What’s wrong with you?  I never see you this embarrassed. Seriously, Jung YongHwa.”

 

“What are you saying?” He said in gritted teeth while glaring at Moonie which earned a laugh from all of them.

 

“They are with Seohyun ssi so I conclude that you’re going to pay for their expenses too.”

 

“Of course! Just send the bill in my office.”He said winking at Moonie.

 

“Geure! On a second thought, should I offer Seohyun a unit near my condo or a round trip around the world and charged it to you,too?”

 

“YAAH!” He said glaring at his friend.

 

“Ahrasseo! I was just joking! Why are you so serious.” Moonie said chuckling.

 

“Whatever! Where is she?” YongHwa then started to look around the room.

 

“Don’t be so excited. She’s coming out soon.”

 

A few more minutes then the curtain in the mini fitting room finally opened and YongHwa almost thought he saw a goddess. He was lost for words.

 

“Oh?Oppa, you’re here. How do I look?” Seohyun asked upon seeing YongHwa but the guy just stared at her without even blinking which makes her nervous.

 

Seohyun looked at the girls for a response but they were also speechless.

 

“Should I change clothes?”

 

“ANDWAE!!” They all yelled that shocked Seohyun.

 

“They are so speechless because you look pretty. No, you’re actually beyond that word.”Moonie said feeling accomplished.

 

“Jeongmalyo?”

 

“NE! You look perfect maknae-ah.” Taeyeon commented as she touches Seohyun’s long and curly hair which was pony tailed perfectly and flowing freely  on the right side of  her shoulder.

 

“Oppa? Are you okay?”

 

“O-Ohh..I-I’m fine. I-It’s just that you look really perfect today. Like a real Goddess.” He said that made Seohyun blushed and made everyone squealed.

 

“Aigoo.Kamsahamnida.” She mumbled feeling shy.

 

It will definitely be a long night for everyone. YongHwa just hope that he’ll be able to do his performance without any distraction. She just made him speechless and the party isn’t even starting.

 

“Take a deep breath YongHwa-yah.” He heard Moonie whispered at her that made him stop staring at the Goddess in front of him.

 

Author's Note:

 

Sorry for the long wait, guys! There are just so many distractions. Mian! I hope you're still reading this.

COMMENTS ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATED! THANK YOU AND WELCOME TO THE NEW SUBSCRIBERS!

A big shout out to amy_goguma for encouraging me to continue writing. Thank you for your warm message.

I am absolutely reading your comments, I just don't have time to reply but I am reading all of them and you made me really happy by your comments. Thank you for the continue support!

 

P.S.

For a clear imagination of Seohyun's dress, here it is:

 

 

 

Photos are not mine. cr: as tagged

 

Til next time! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

 

 

~ilovegoguma29~